Start by marking “Secrets From the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD” as Want to Read:
Secrets From the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD

Secrets From the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD (From the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD #3)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Published June 7th 2012 by Inknbeans Press (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets From the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets From the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD

Philip Jones
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of three novellas prepared from notes left by Dr. Watson. The preface provides an explanation of the source of the notes and Mr. Ashton is quite explicit that he wrote the stories using the notes as a source of facts. This explanation is quite consistent with the writing. The occasional density shown by Watson in the Canon is absent. This Watson is a sensible and thoughtful man who is a help to and a loyal supporter of Sherlock Holmes without the worshipful attitude shown in ...more
Annarita Guarnieri
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After reading “Tales from the Deed Box”, I felt I wanted to read more… yes, I’m a Sherlock Holmes addict… so I started reading “Secrets” expecting another good book, and there I got a surprise, because I think that in this second book Hugh Ashton exceeded his “master” Conan Doyle.
Not only the book has all the good qualities I found in the previous one, but it goes deeper into the psychology of the characters and has darker shades here and there in the plot that make it a more captivating reading
Kim Holborn
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fun Holmes Read

This is the second "Deed Box" book by Hugh Ashton that I've read. I actually enjoyed this one more than the first. They ring true to the originals in writing style and characters.
John
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
A collection of three short stories that capture very well the style of Arthur Conan Doyle. Two of the three were based on cases mentioned in the canon. Well worth a read for any Sherlock Holmes fan.
Becky
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have read quite a number of Sherlock Holmes pastiches, and none has come close to the four stories written in this book by Mr Hugh Ashton! I was so happy to have discovered his work: the writing style was definitely very similar to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the mysteries were well-explained and most importantly, they are exciting - one thing that many other Sherlock Holmes pastiches lacked! Yes, the game was definitely afoot here with Mr Ashton's magic! I can't wait to read more from Mr Ashton.
Jacquie
Aug 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: sher-locked
While I am for the most part skeptical of any 'knock-off Sherlock' this series is fairly well done. This particular collection contains four short stories: The Conk-Singleton Forgery Case, The Enfield Rope, The Strange Case of James Pillimore and The Bradfield Push. While the Strange Case of James Pillimore presents a good mystery in its own right, it was not worthy of the epic teaser offered by Doyle of "Mr. James Pillimore, who, stepping back into his own house to get his umbrella, was never m ...more
Erin Dailey
May 16, 2013
Elizabeth Lang
Sep 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Hugh Ashton was born in the UK in 1956. After graduating from the University of Cambridge, he worked in a variety of jobs, including security guard, publisher's assistant, and running an independent record label, before coming to rest in the field of information technology, where he assisted perplexed users of computers and wrote explanations to guide them through the problems they encountered.

A
More about Hugh Ashton...

From the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD (6 books)
  • Tales From the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD