Start by marking “Daniel's Gift (Fallen Shorts #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Daniel's Gift (Fallen Shorts #3.5)

Daniel's Gift (Fallen Shorts #3.5)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  424 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
A Fallen short story.
Published July 22nd 2012 by Random House, Inc. (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Daniel's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daniel's Gift

Nancy The book junkie
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: online, ebooks-i-own
Denise
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
You can find it here:
(I'm in the app on my iPod, so sorry if the link is a mobile-only web page or something.)

I actually like this four-page story more than passion. I think that's because it's short and not an endless story that keeps getting longer.
Catarina ☀
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
It's kind of strange, the feeling of picking up a short story of a series you finished reading several years ago. I remember getting so attached to the characters, feeling for them, sharing their emotions as I dived in to the plot of each novel, and now, being older and having read other books (in which I've also experienced this kind of attachment) I feel so distant from the Fallen world.

"Daniel alternated between two different souls: one when Lucinda was alive and another when she was dead." [
Jovy
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Sharon
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
The wording and serene situation really excels in this short four page excerpt, and for once, the length did not bother me. If it had been any longer, it may have lost the emotion that this so excellently holds.

More thoughts on this short and the others will appear on Elfie Books blog soon. Check the Lauren Kate page on the blog for reviews and thoughts of the shorts and main books.

Joti
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it
Maud
Aug 31, 2012 rated it liked it
I loved this short story, might even be one of my favorites. Daniel is doing such a beautiful thing and I'm glad that he did because it makes me think even better about him. I was wondering about how he handled this kind of stuff after all that had happened and now I know and I love it.
Ruth Job Salamanca
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was so dead set on reading it that I read it over and over again during my public speaking class. I didn't even spare a glance towards my professor! It made me crave for more tales from the Fallen series. It was amazing, simply spectacular!!!
Bookie Books
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Has always I love Lauren Kate and normally found her writing beautiful byt Daniel gift was crap :( 4 pages what was the point it did not really fit in to the rest of the story. Never going to get theses few minutes back :(
Myndi
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I actually really enjoyed this short. It lets us see how kind and pure Daniel's soul is. It lets us see how he mourns and grieves for Lucinda, but also how he recognizes that he's not the only one who loses her.
  • Beneath (Heven and Hell, #3.5)
  • Pack Council (Were Chronicles, #9)
  • Summer Night (The Witchling, #1.5)
  • Leopard Dreaming (Mira Chambers #3)
  • Hyena Moon (Moon, #3)
  • Lost Scene from Hallowed (Unearthly, #2.1)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • Summer Ruins (The Last Year, #4)
  • Controlled Curves (Alpha Doms, #1)
  • Dark Rides (The Morganville Vampires, #12.5)
  • Obsidian: Last Chapter in Daemon's POV
  • Wicked Werewolf Secret (Werewolf Society, #2)
Lauren Kate grew up in Dallas, went to school in Atlanta, and started writing in New York.
She is the author of the Fallen novels, the Teardrop novels, and The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove. She lives in Laurel Canyon with her family.
More about Lauren Kate...

Fallen Shorts (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Daniel's First Sighting (Fallen Shorts, #0.1)
  • Before the Fire (Fallen Shorts, #0.2)
  • What Happened To Trevor (Fallen Shorts, #0.3)
  • Daniel in L.A. (Fallen Shorts, #0.4)
  • Arriane's Day Out (Fallen Shorts, #0.5)
  • Daniel and Gabbe's Fight (Fallen Shorts, #0.6)
  • A Date with an Outcast (Fallen Shorts, #2.1)
  • Cam Goes Hunting (Fallen Shorts, #2.2)
  • Inside Francesca's Office (Fallen Shorts, #2.3)
  • Shelby's Journal (Fallen Shorts, #3.1)