Start by marking “Homeless in Hawaii” as Want to Read:
Homeless in Hawaii

Read Book

Homeless in Hawaii

(The Golden Sky #2)

Running away from her past, Elisa finds herself homeless in Hawaii. The streets aren't what they seem, though, and cops make her stay in homeless park.
She's only seventeen and with a man she hardly knows. They must work together if they're going to survive as street musicians.
They might be in paradise, but even there, her past will hunt her down and make her face an unce
Published December 10th 2012 by Wayman Publishing (first published November 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Homeless in Hawaii, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homeless in Hawaii

Rebekah
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you have not read a book yet by EC Stilson you are truly missing out on a wonderful emotional adventure. To have gone through so much at a very young age is amazing. I am not sure I would've been able to be homeless for 6 months of my life. But what an adventure and awakening of the soul. I dare say she found out who she was. And Cade, her husband, is pretty amazing. This book was so hard to put down that I read it in less than a day. I can totally see this being made into a film. I can imagi ...more
Dimitri Sarantis
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing

“Homeless in Hawaii” by EC Stilson

Review by Dimitri Sarantis, Author of upcoming book “Deep Blue Eyes on the Greek Isles”

Elisa’s writing style is smooth, poignant and professional. Her writing is compact; every single page of the book contributes to the end of the story. She takes the memoir of a period of her youth and turns it into a breathtaking book; I read it in very few hours as Elisa got me hooked in agony to find out the end. Elisa runs away from problems at home in Utah to “escape” to H
Dee Ready
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Once again, E. C. Stilson writes an emotionally charged memoir that reflects the honesty she brought to her first book, "The Golden Sky." Time-wise, "Homeless in Hawaii" takes place before "The Golden Sky." I believe that she now has a memoir trilogy that was published out of sequence. For those of you interested the sequence is as follows: "Homeless in Hawaii," "Bible Girl and the Bad Boy," and "The Golden Sky."

Throughout this trilogy we watch a young girl grow up, be bullied, face taunts and
McGuffy Morris
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
At the tender age of seventeen, she leaves her native Utah. Running from her past, she is running into an uncertain future with a man she hardly knows. Together, they end up in Hawaii.

Homeless, they are forced to sleep in a park for homeless people and transients. Elisa and Cade become street musicians, doing what they know. They realize that their chance of survival is greater as a team. This bonds them, and gets them through some very frightening situations.

EC Stilson retains her trademark se
Sherry Ellis
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Homeless in Hawaii is the true story of author, Elisa Stilson's adventure as a homeless person in Hawaii. Seventeen-year-old Elisa leaves Utah with Cade, a young man she hardly knows, to try to find herself. She lives on the streets, making money by playing her violin with Cade, who plays the guitar. Along the way, they meet some very interesting people and have some amazing adventures.

Told with humor and sincerity, it is a story that draws you in and makes you think. As Elisa gets to know other
Larry
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had mixed feelings about this book. The book itself was well-written. I was just not the target audience, and it was not what I expected. Being from Hawaii, I was interested in reading accounts of what it is like to live as a homeless person in Hawaii, meaning a homeless adult. But the book is focused on a teenage girl who does gigs in front of the International Marketplace to earn money, not your typical Hawaii homeless person. This book is, I think, intended for teens and very young adults. ...more
Chris
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Homeless in Hawaii is a book I won in a Goodreads giveaway. It's really a 3 1/2 but I had to decide between 3 and 4. The true story of a pair of teenagers making their way to Hawaii and surviving on the streets was interesting. They got into many scrapes but seemed to have a way of staying safe when others might not have been so lucky. I enjoyed the easy read and recommend it to anyone who wants to realize that they don't have it as bad as some others in the USA.
Roxanne
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is about a lady and her boyfriend from Utah go to Hawaii to find themselves, and they are homeless there. Hart to imagine homeless people in paradise.
Tracey Krusz
rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2015
Have you ever lived in a car? 1 2 Jan 04, 2013 02:00PM
  • Big Sky Dynasty
  • The Detective's Secret Daughter (Fitzgerald Bay, #3)
  • The 15th Star (A Lisa Grace History-Mystery, #1)
  • Cat Seeing Double (Joe Grey, #8)
  • Let It Sew (A Southern Sewing Circle, #7)
  • There's an Owl in the Shower
  • Dear Cupid (Texas Heat Wave, #2)
  • One Hex of a Wedding (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #5)
  • Buttons and Bones (A Needlecraft Mystery, #14)
  • State of Decay: Omnibus
  • Prairie Courtship
  • Revenge of the Chili Queens (A Chili Cook-Off Mystery, #3)
  • Claiming Her Billion-Dollar Birthright (Dynasties: The Jarrods #1)
  • Perilous Pranks (A Renaissance Faire Mystery #5.5)
  • O'ahu Lonesome Tonight? (Islands of Aloha Mystery Series #5)
  • Vague Images (A Jolie Gentil Cozy Mystery, #7)
  • A Novel Way to Die (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • Collateral Damage: An Annie Ogden Mystery
EC Stilson has authored seven novels and one children’s picture book. Two of her novels, THE GOLDEN SKY and HOMELESS IN HAWAII, have become #1 best sellers on Amazon for women’s memoir. Since 2011, through fundraisers, book donations and national radio interviews, EC Stilson has helped raise thousands of dollars for organizations such as Angel Watch, Portneuf Medical Center, the Pregnancy Resource ...more

The Golden Sky (3 books)