Start by marking “A Dangerous Silence” as Want to Read:
A Dangerous Silence

A Dangerous Silence

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  196 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
When Dr. Marah Morgan returns to Cowley County, Kansas, she is surprised to find herself agreeing to run the family farm for her injured and difficult father. When government agents arrive and begin searching the farm for an Indian burial ground, Marah grows suspicious. A mysterious stranger appears, looking for work. Then Marah discovers alarming details about her mother' ...more
Published March 13th 2001 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published February 27th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about A Dangerous Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dangerous Silence

Jen Westpfahl
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
The rough outlines of the plot were a little too obvious/predictable for "suspense fiction" but the details were interesting enough to keep my going. I enjoyed the main characters and wanted to see them prevail. Some people might be turned off by the heavy-handed Christian messages, which I found a bit distracting from the action.
Rosamond
Sep 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009-read
Very intense book; set in Kansas and historically accurate. I love the twists and turns in the book along with the Gospel of Jesus Christ; a mended relationship with a father; revealing of the past to an estranged daughter; a secret kept by a young man whose heart is opened to Christ!
Judy Savage
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good reading.

This book was only put down to make dinner and wash dishes and that was with much reluctance! It brought together Christ., forgiveness, evil, salvation, hope and so much more! Thanks to Ms. Palmer for an exciting read!
Amanda Birdwell
Mar 28, 2010 rated it did not like it
I just... can't, with the writing in this book. People don't say these things! Things aren't actually how you are describing them! And I wanted to like it, so much. It was a really interesting story. Can someone please edit this author, so I can read more of her writing?
Catherine Sandy
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I don't know how plausible his is but it was a good book,
Monica
Apr 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
a great thriller. very suspenseful and well written.
Katrina
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one far more than I expected and am now hooked on the author. Very interesting story line that kept me guessing, and good character development.
Cary
Feb 17, 2009 rated it it was ok
I am not sure if I can find a happy medium... either too much sex or too much Christianity!!
Naomi
Jul 29, 2016 rated it liked it
A little over the top, but I still enjoyed reading A Dangerous Silence. It was a good book to take camping, because it kept me engaged, but didn't demand much from me emotionally.
Lanae
Jun 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I so love a good action/mystery with a little bit of a love story on the side. A great enjoyable read nothing to intense.
  • Not Exactly Eden
  • Tidings of Peace
  • Woodlands (Glenbrooke, #7)
  • Winter Is Past (Regency #2)
  • Valiant Hearts (Egypt Trilogy #3)
  • From the Ashes (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #10)
  • The Drifter (Men of the Saddle Series #2)
  • The Falcon and the Sparrow
  • Sweet Boundless (The Diamond of the Rockies #2)
  • Hideaway (Hideaway #1)
  • Sister's Choice (Patchwork Circle, #2)

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...