Start by marking “Forsaken (Daughters of the Sea, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forsaken (Daughters of the Sea, #1)

Forsaken

(Daughters of the Sea #1)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  1,713 Ratings  ·  231 Reviews
Once you’ve been touched by darkness, it never leaves you…

Abandoned by her parents as an infant; seventeen year old Hannah spent her childhood wading through countless foster families until being adopted by the Whitmans three years ago.

Unfortunately, Atlanta’s high society wasn’t quite ready for Hannah…or the strange events that plague her. Chilling visions of murder, une
Published January 28th 2014 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly (first published July 18th 2012)

Anne
If I took everything I hated from every other paranormal young adult book out there and rolled it into a single book?
I'd call it...Forsaken.
I don't...I'm at a loss to understand.
There are lots of high ratings for this one, so I felt pretty comfortable when I settled into my chair to read this.
Immediately the alarm bells start clanging.

WARNING: THERE WILL BE LOTS OF SPOILERS!

Let me ask you this: Do you enjoy it when books drop the Name Brand Bomb every few minutes?
As in, She grabbed her Coach bag
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
3.5 Aquamarine stars

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Even though it was cheesy as hell, it reminded me both of twilight & harry potter series, I don't care because I used to love reading these books when I was younger and I have no shame in that.

I'm not sure if everyone would have enjoyed that book. I guess it depends on the person and the mood and what are you into. For example for me the hero was perfect. I like sexy, dark, mysterious heroes. He was all that a
★ʜɑʋɘɳ★
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
2 Stars for the concept. 0 Stars for it's execution.

Recommended only to die hard twilight fans: If you thought Bella was too active, Edward wasn't creepy enough and the plot was downright too action packed, then look no further: you'll be eating this book right up.
Kathylill
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
Twilight was better than this ... Way better.

Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
***Unfortunately, I will not be finishing this series. In the second book I was left wanting so much more - more passion, more honesty, and mainly more feelings invoked in me.
You can read my review about Awaken (Daughters of the Sea #2) here - Awaken: 3/5 Stars***

***3.75/5 Stars***

This was a fun book and I did enjoy it for the most part. I liked the characters, I found the potential for another BBF, the Sea God/Goddess paranormal element was fascinating and the way the story progressed was compl
Michele Miller
My ability to write a coherent review has been seriously compromised by the last line of this book!

First let me say Kristen "You are a goddess!" Kristen offered up free copies of Forsaken to our read 2 review program in the Lovers of Paranormal book club in exchange for honest reviews and while it will be oh so hard I will now offer up my 'honest' review.

I LOVE, LOVE, will you marry me and raise little Nemo fishies with me LOVE this book! From the very beginning it was well executed as we see a
Beth McCraw
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WARNING! May Cause Sleep Deprivation!!

I sit here typing this review with coffee in hand and bags under my eyes from staying up until 3:30 am to finish this book! It is THAT good. When a book keeps me up like that, determined to find out what happens next, its a winner!

I am not going to go into a synopsis of the story, since others have done that already. I have never really wrote a review, but I did receive a copy of this book just for that honest take on it, so I will do my best.

To say that the
Siobhan
Feb 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this one more than I did because of the concept; alas almost everything else let me down…

So the concept, it’s super cool. We’re all tired of the overused vampires – we have been for a long time now. So yeah, when something non-vampires comes along I eat it up. Hell, none of the supernatural clichés appeared here. No vampires or werewolves, just this wonderful world of sea gods and goddesses. So yeah, I loved that part of it.

But then the story… it seemed to come from a col
Stacy
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a perfect beachy read! I was instantly pulled into the story and couldn't wait to turn the page to find out what happened next. The characters are complex and interesting, and the author describes the beach location so vividly, you truly feel as if you are there. Main character Hannah/Stasia has not had an easy life, but she doesn't use it as a crutch; she uses it to make her stronger. I love a story with a strong heroine, and Stasia is definitely that!
I would recommend this story for re
Rya/Jenny
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2-review
Note - I received this book from the author for free in exchange for an honest review.

Hannah, orphaned as a baby comes into her own.

This story is absolutely amazing! I couldn't put it down.

The characters are great, very detailed and easy to relate to. The plot is thrilling and heartwarming all at the same time. I found this book to be very well written with the perfect pace of development.

Am looking forward to the next one in the series!
Shy The WidowMaker
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Forsaken was non-stop action from beginning to end and I loved every minute of it. This book gave us an in depth look at Nerieds and their story. And I have to say the story was a fantastic one. We start out meeting Stasia who is an adopted orphan that lives in Georgia. She attends a party and blacks out which results in her being sent to a therapist. The therapist suggests she go to a school for others like her. What she finds there changes everything for her.

Stasia soon learns the school is fo
Sven
Aug 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Quote From The Book

I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and sat straight up in bed.
“Hello?” I whispered, my voice scratchy. A figure materialized near the window and my chest tightened with fear. He stepped into the light of the candle.
“Hi,” Finn’s grin was laced with mischief as he sat down on the side of the bed. “How’re you feeling?” He shouldn't have been allowed to look that good. He was only wearing shorts and a t-shirt, but the way he moved
and the confident vibe he carried with hi
Zinaida
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Received this book in exchange for a review.

While I'm usually not drawn to books that are based on mythology/fantasy, this book intrigued me from the start. Not only is the storyline interesting, the main character is easy to relate to. Her friends are not only likeable they also add humor and depth to the story. (Warning: If you're prone to late night cravings this book will definitely have you reaching for a cupcake or two!) The book draws you in and I found it hard to put down. You get to e
Maryam Dinzly
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. And that does not affect my opinion in any way, but OH MY GOD GUISE THIS BOOK IS AHHHHMAZING.

I immediately went to click To Be Read for the whole series on Goodreads upon finishing this book. I'm gonna list down the reasons as to WHY you should read this book and LOVE it.

1) This book is about sea gods and goddesses. I know most books nowadays wrote about Greek Gods. But this particular book actually has Sirens, Nereids and su
Mary
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Best Part of Book: Hello, FINN! *swoon* Now, now, I am getting ahead of myself. Let's start from the beginning. Hannah is adopted and has issues with nightmares/fainting spells. In her dreams there is always this "guy" that is there with her. Well, her adopted family sends her to a professional to "help" her. She agrees and goes. Within a short amount of time with the therapist, she is shipped off to a school that could help her with these issues.

When Hannah is there she ends up changing her nam
Jenna
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Received this book as a R2R for an honest review...

I really liked this book from start to finish it had me hooked, I liked the mystery behind Finn and the relationship between Finn and 'Stasia' and between her and her friends, I don't want to say too much in risk of spoiling the other people who haven't read it. I can't wait to get the 2nd book :)
Also I don't know what it is with YA books these days but they always have a girl character who meets a boy and within 5 minutes of meeting him she lov
Toni
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First off.. LOVED IT!!!!

Hannah Whittman.. Left on the front steps of a police station. She doesn't know where she came from, who here parents were! Now she can't seem to fit in anywhere! At the age of 17 she starts having black outs and dreams that gets her sent away a special school for kids like her in NC.
This is where things get interesting!!! She gets to change her name, HOT guys and most of all she gets accepted, but thats only part of it.. There is sooo much more Sea Goddess, Tydes, Nerie
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)

The extraordinary story of Hannah aka Anastasia jumped out of the pages and completely captivated me from beginning to end as we follow her story as an orphan to adopted to discovering her true genealogy. Full of descendants of the Gods and Goddesses of the sea and beautifully written. I have formed an emotional attachment to Anastasia and Finn and can't wait to throw myself into the rest of the series.
Cristina
Great start to a Sea Godess series...I actually have a few of these kind of books on my TBR shelf and I'm glad I got the opportunity to start with this one. It has mystery, it has action, it has romance, but most of all it has this wonderful goodness about it that made me smile.

I would write more, but I want to read the next one more-er.
Devlin
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was a bit hesitant before reading this book since it's not in my usual romance genre, BUT i loved it!
Very well written, with the flow moving along perfect. Kept me up late just trying to find out what was going to happen next.

The characters were well developed and this story is very well written. Great debut book from Kristen Day, looking forward to the next one!
Adriana
Sep 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Fue un libro entretenido y rapido de leer y aunque me gusto no se si seguire con la saga mas que todo porque no llego a enamorarme...
Hadeel Moh
Jan 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: meh
I kept rolling my eyes throughout the whole book
Joelle

Format:Kindle
Published:Kristen Day
Source:author copy Genre:Paranormal Romance

About Book

Once you’ve been touched by darkness, it never leaves you…

Abandoned by her parents as an infant; seventeen year old Hannah spent her childhood wading through countless foster families until being adopted by the Whitman's three years ago.

Marisa
Aug 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read2review
I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Overall, I liked Forsaken, but there were a couple things keeping me from loving it. Let me start this review off on a good note and state that I really liked the mythology and general concept of the book. Part of me was sort of questioning that if Poseidon and all the Nereids are real in this world, are the rest of the Greek gods real too? I adore how this just focused on a specific portion of the Greek gods rather than the who
Katie Jones
This has all the makings of a great fantasy series; original concept, mysterious legend, prophesies, a hot guy & some comic relief in the form of three girl friends but I just found myself not caring. I think the main reason was that nothing really happened. I often makes notes while reading a book so I don’t forget anything when it’s time to write my review & I found that I would finish a few chapters & have nothing to write, nothing of note really happened for huge chunks of the bo ...more
Elli
I like the story, the world and the characters. It was fun to read this book. The beginning was exciting and the further plot develops very quickly without any lengths within. The experiences in the visions of Stasia were very well described, this was a true highlight. However, although it was in general everything fine there was nothing really new in this book, the general problems you can read almost in every fantasy book. I hope there will be some more in the next sequels.
Sirena Martinez
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
I got to page 200 and decided to DNF it because nothing about it was about mermaids. I will not be continuing the series.
Let's Be Mermaids Read-A-Thon Group Book 2017
Tiffani
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
It started off okay. A little 'common', you could say, but okay nonetheless. We've all read the stories and seen the films about the baby being dropped off at a house or the church steps (or, in this case, the police station) so that was nothing new.
What did intruige me though, was the seagod/godess aspect because, aside from the Percy Jackson books, I've never really seen, let alone read a book about those. I mean, it can be a fun read, but I'm getting really sick and tired of all those books w
Michala
Feb 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Julia  Bartel
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015, netgalley-arcs
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Forsaken was okay - not too good, not too bad. I’ll just dive right in. (Heheh, dive because this book is about sea gods and the ocean and stuff. Dive. I’m funny, I promise.)

Anastasia was an alright character. I don’t really know what to say about her - in fact, I’m having a hard time really writing this review, because the book simply didn’t draw very much emotion from me at all. Anastasia has problem of inconsistency. She says that her
  • Blood Debt (Touched, #1)
  • Rising (Saga of the Setti, #1)
  • Anomaly (The New Haven Project, #1)
  • Never Let You Fall (The Prophecy of Tyalbrook, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Gryphon #3)
  • Florence (Florence Waverley, #1)
  • The Athena Effect (The Athena Effect, #1)
  • Contingency (Sage Hannigan Time Warper, #1)
  • Semester Aboard (More than Magic, #1)
  • The Stone Guardian
  • ReAwakened (Angel Creek, #2)
  • Dancing with Death (Dancing, #1)
  • Medusa, A Love Story (Loves of Olympus, #1)
  • Mayan Blood (The Stone Legacy, #1)
  • The Pantheon (Olympia Heights, #1)
  • First Frost (Frost, #1)
  • Persephone (Daughters of Zeus, #1)
  • Retribution (Redemption, #3)
I am a southern belle at heart with a crazy streak that desperately tries to escape at every opportunity. I love all things nostalgic, rustic, and quirky. I've been told I see the world through rose-colored glasses, but I prefer to think of them as kaleidoscope glasses - swirling and morphing reality into something I can digest (who hasn't pretended those pasty lima beans were really kiwi strawber ...more

Daughters of the Sea (5 books)
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Chosen (Daughters of the Sea #3)
  • Hearken (Daughters of the Sea #4)
  • Proven (Daughters of the Sea #5)
“There was no time for chit-chat when there were chocolate chip pancakes to be eaten.” 12 likes
“I'm seriously beginning to worry about you guys," Willow sighed from the arm chair and looked up from her laptop with discord, "Being asked out in the middle of a hurricane is not romantic. It's totally reckless and irresponsible."
"And totally hot," added Carmen.”
10 likes