Start by marking “Treason (The Grimoire Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Treason (The Grimoire Saga, #2)

Treason

(The Grimoire Saga #2)

Kara Magari ignited a war when she stumbled into Ourea and found the Grimoire: a powerful artifact filled with secrets. To protect the one person she has left, she strikes a deal that compromises everything she believes in... and things don't go as planned.

Braeden Drakonin can no longer run from who--and what--he is. He has to face the facts. He's a prince. He's a murderer
ebook, 1st, 430 pages
Published October 27th 2012 (first published October 9th 2012)

Start your review of Treason (The Grimoire Saga, #2)
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Thoughts to come...want to keep reading through the series
Robert Zimmermann
*This is a review of an ARC copy of Treason

I don’t think I’ve had as great of a reaction to any book as I have this one; well not since I read The Grimoire: Lichgates back in February. S.M. Boyce comes back with book two of the Grimoire trilogy, and comes back STRONG! I honestly didn’t think Lichgates could be topped on my all-time favorites list. Treason surpassed it with flying colors.

For those readers who have read Lichgates already, they know how talented Boyce is in creating the world of Ou
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: earc
How the muffins did S.M. Boyce come out with Ourea? Seriously, I can't contain myself from gushing how incredibly amazing this place is. It feels so vividly real, but more than that, you can sense the history and greatness of this world. Every single detail of this place, like the creatures, the landscapes, the Bloods of each Yakona race and the Vagabond is what makes it so utterly fantastic.

The first book in the Grimoire Trilogy was a fascinating introduction to the story, but I must admit that
Judi Easley
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any fantasy reader
Recommended to Judi by: author
Finally starting the first book for the COYER Read a Series in a Month Challenge!

100% finished, review on Tuesday

My Disclaimer: I purchased this at full price from Kindle Books after reading Lichgates (reviewed May 23rd). I am providing an honest review for which I am receiving no compensation of any kind. All opinions are fully my own.
~ Judi E. Easley for Blue Cat Review

My Review:
The flow from the first book into this second book is totally seamless. I wish I had been able to start it sooner.
Dianne
I’m hooked, completely! I read S. M. Boyce’s first Grimoire Saga book, Lichgates a while back, made a note to read more, and well, let’s just say FINALLY, I can say, WOW, book 2 in the series, Treason went above and beyond in the “Leave me alone, I’m reading” department! Again I was thrust into Kara’s new world, and again, I was in awe of the non-stop action, the tension, the characters, their world, but most of all, I was impressed with the creative genius of the author and her ability to bring ...more
Kayleigh Grian
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*Disclaimer: I did receive a free ARC to review, however this did not influence the review in any way.*

In Treason, book #2 of the Grimoire trilogy by S.M. Boyce, we once again delve into the magical world of Ourea. Everyone Kara Magari loves ends up dead, so the more she feels for Braeden the more she pushes him away, which frustrates him to no end. Braeden on the other hand believes he’s a dead man walking anyway so it doesn't matter how hard Kara pushes he intends to change her mind. Until all
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
Review posted at Ja čitam, a ti? where you can also win an ebook copy of both Lichgates and Treason.

Considering that I'd discovered Lichgates by accident my love for this series has been even more special. I had high expectations of Treason and I couldn't wait to read it. Well you can only imagine how happy I was with this book.

Being back in Ourea was special. Seeing the world and its magic again made me so happy. It was painful to wait all this time to see what would happen with Kara and Braed
Noree Cosper
I have to say I liked Treason more than I liked Lichgates. While Lichgates had the wonder and discovery of a new world, Treason takes you deeper into the machinations of the Yakona kingdoms. It has a much darker feel, which I love.

You pick up with Kara and Braeden as Kara continues to try to unite the kingdoms and bring peace to Ourea. Unfortunately, everyone else has other plans and most involve using her.

Kara and Braeden's relationship really develops in this and what would The Grimoire Trilog
Nikki Jefford
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I got so lost in Treason I didn’t see the time going by. When I first heard Treason was 140,000 words I was afraid it would be too long, but in the end I was completely sucked into the story. Treason is the kind of tale that makes the world around me disappear. In a word: My favorite kind.

The conflict rolls off the pages continually and the humor was simply fantastic. I found myself alternating between fits of rage and laughter as I read.

Personally, I loved this book heaps more than the first on
Whitney
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Everything about this second installment of the Grimoire series is better than the first. The characters are maturing. Ourea feels darker and more alive. The twists and turns in the plot are phenomenal. And the action? So much action!

I said in my review for the first book in the series, I’ve never really been a fan of the fantasy genre. That has changed thanks to Boyce’s wonderful craftsmanship. I feel like that is a great accomplishment, crossing genre boundaries to entertain many audiences. T
Faith Lowery
This review is spoiler-safe, until the link to read the spoilers. So you are safe to read and enjoy!

”Kara Magari ignited a war when she stumbled into Ourea and found the Grimoire: a powerful artifact filled with secrets. To protect Braeden, the one person she has left, she strikes a deal that goes against everything she believes in. But things don’t go as planned.

Braeden Drakonin can no longer run from who—and what—he is. He has to face the facts. He’s a prince. He’s a murderer. He’s a wanted
Rashika (is tired)
May 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-arcs
I requested this book earlier this year but it took me a while to get around to it, mostly because of my ADD and huge reading-list. When I did get around to it, I was disappointed. Treason just didn’t impress me as much as Lichgates did.

I shared a love/hate relationship with the main characters in the book. There were times when they fell completely flat and times when they took such a huge leap in character development.

I am going to start off with our Stelian Prince. His real identity came out
Wrinklegus PoisonTongue
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Grimoire: Treason (My review)

I have nothing but praise for S.M. Boyce’s latest, Treason, the second installment of her Grimoire series. (Take note that I used the word “series” and not “trilogy,” as I’m almost certain she’ll be forced to expand it further than just three books...there’s too much story left to tell! Perhaps I just know that because I’m a writer, but mark my words...the third book will not be the end.) From start to finish, I had nothing but fun. However, it’s not the fact tha
Ashley
May 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I had a love/hate relationship with Kara & Braeden’s relationship in this book. At times it felt like Kara was just jerking Braden’s feelings around. She was hot and cold all throughout this book and just confused both Braeden and myself. I do realize she was just trying to protect him, but it got tiresome at some points.

You wouldn’t get close to me because you didn’t trust me to take care of myself. We’re both at fault here.

But with that being said I still love them together. They work w
Taylor
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is that S.M Boyce has an amazing talent, this book was the most amazing book I have ever read. You can certainly tell that she has spent many, many hours thinking of this story, and has spent a great about planning it, and all the pieces fall together exactly as they should. Lichgates and Treason had me on edge till the very last page. The magical world of Ourea is so well written that you have a detailed image in your mind of what it might look like. Ourea is beautiful and dark, a ...more
Catnbbs
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read grabbed me and took me for a fun ride. The way she describes smells and sounds adds to the experience. Looking forward to learning more about the characters.
Megan
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was so good! I read this over the holidays so it took me a little longer then I would have liked because well… family and stuff you know? But I finally was able to sit down and devout some time to it on New Years day and well I was so happy I finally got the chance to read it uninterrupted.

The last book was good, but it left me wanting a little bit more. Maybe it was because I am used to more of a ‘romantic’ edge to my books, so I was really excited about where I thought this book mig
Nicole M. Hewitt
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

In this second book, Kara has come to terms with the fact that she's the Vagabond and she's decided to jump into her task of uniting the people of Ourea wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, not everyone in Ourea is on board. Most people simply want to use Kara, and the betrayals in this book just keep coming. To make things more complicated, she's falling in love with Braeden, and these feeling can be used against her. Even
Hilary (HilyBee)
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another incredible adventure by the amazingly talented S.M. Boyce. The story made me crave the need to read book 3 even more. I am now an even bigger Grimoire junkie. Book 1 was stunning, but book 2 was even better. I loved the continued relationship between Kara and Braeden, the new relationships formed with other characters such as the vagabond and Flick, the enchanting world that is Ourea...the entire novel is simply perfect. This series will be the new Bridge to Terabithia.

I was completely c
Danielle Forrest
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One word. Wow.

I truly enjoyed the first book. I was really looking forward to reading the second. Don't think of this as a continuation or a sequel. This book stands on its own merit. I can't count the amount of times I laughed or smiled, gritted my teeth or ground my knuckles, put off eating or using the bathroom because I needed to get to the next scene, needed to find out what would happen next, needed to know if everything was going to be alright. I found myself stressed over Kara's conflict
Angela Cuéllar
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
pooled ink Reviews:
4.5 Stars

This whole series has been an awesome surprise. I had the first book sitting on my Nook gathering i-Dust because the idea was something that could go either very wrong or very right and I really didn't want to read it and be disappointed. Well, I wasn't! And this sequel is just as great!
The plot is something so comfortable and familiar yet totally unique and brilliant.

I love this series!
I just HAD to get the sequel (yes I may have used some of my food funds for bo
Carolyn Tepe
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I'm not sure what else to say. Where have these books been? And why has no one been publicizing them like crazy?. I read so much anymore as a member of NetGallery, that it isn't often that a book grabs me and makes me want to read, read, read, read. This book definitely did that. I finished Linchgates and just had to know more so I bought the second book and now I'm counting the days until the third book comes out and then I guess I'll wait another year and wait for the fourth book to come ...more
Kari
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! How does Boyce do it? This book is on par with Book 1 of the Grimoire saga, Lichgate, if not even better. I absolutly adore her style of writing going from one viewpoint to another's viewpoint seamlessly. One paragraph it is about how Kara is feeling and the next it is Braeden or Stone or Gavin or someone else. The action and twists keep coming and never let up until the very last page leaving me wanting the next book like now!

The beginning chapter is a bit strange with Kara and Braeden p
Kayla Curry
S.M. Boyce's Treason is a great follow up to Lichgates. The characters are developed even more, the story is fleshed out just right, and the pace is perfect.

There are books that you love reading and then there are books that grab you, pull you in and don't let go til you get to the end. This book was definitely the kind to pull you in and hold you captive, which ironically is how some of the main characters spent portions of the book.

The chemistry between Kara and Braeden is so wonderful. The bo
Elizabeth
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hallelujah! A Book 2 that wasn't a let-down from it's predecessor! Treason, for me, completely solidified my interest in Ourea and my faith in Boyce as a writer. My review of Lichgates mentioned some hesitations at first in falling in love with the book, but that I'd mostly gotten over them by the time I finished. Treason eliminated any remaining doubts I'd had. The characters this time around were even richer, and the plot got more complex without the feeling that gratuitous twists were being a ...more
Christie Rich
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Once again I found myself plummeting into the world of Ourea. Although I really enjoyed reading Lichgates, I loved Treason. In this installment we are past the set-up stage and right in the thick of the action and romance (hehe).

Kara and Braeden are back and stronger than ever. I loved the twists in the story and Boyce has an easy style that immerses the reader in the book. Ourea is a magical place, and this time around we get to see a bit more of it, especially the political underpinnings.

Kara
Ginny  Gallagher
Excellent! Will post review soon. Can't wait to start the next book.
Lana
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is getting more intricate as we read into the saga and the story is fascinating. In this book Kara and Braedan both discover more strengths which they possess, but they go through a lot to discover these. Braedan is reviled by all the other bloods when they find out who he really is and Gavin, is the one who hates him the most. He keeps doing his best to gain their confidence and trust by undertaking tough assignments for them but it seems the prejudice against his people due to his ...more
Dawn Yacovetta
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an adventure I look forward to continuing because it takes the reader in so many different directions. Between the beings from the different kingdoms with their Bloods, the Vagabonds, the Muses and the Isen, the story continuously weaves each sect together like vines intertwining all of them. They cannot survive without each other because each has a purpose. But there is evil in each sect, and uncovering plots and traitors is exhausting.

Kara simply wants all of the kingdoms to come toge
Susan Harrowa
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better than Book 1

A read it in one sitting kind of book! I thoroughly enjoyed book one, while realizing it still had a ton of potential. Both writing wise and story line wise. Book two lived up to every bit of that potential. All the characters are multi-faceted and many brokenly flawed. While endearing in some it is simply a polite mask for cruelty and power in others. Loyalty is often an illusion and allies merely stepping stones to how high one can climb. Cover this with beauty and magic a fe
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Happy Catastrophe
  • Padre Pio Under Investigation: The Secret Vatican Files
  • Friends with the Monsters
  • Doll House
  • The Uncooperative Warrior (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont, #2)
  • Unseen Beauty
  • The Underword Saga Box Set: Books 7-9
  • The Defiant Magician (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont, #3)
  • Secrets and Spellcraft (Art of the Adept, #2)
  • The Underworld Saga: Books 4-6
  • Crystal Magic (Clearwater Witches, #1)
  • Eternal Night
  • Never Look Back (Paranormal Huntress #1)
  • The Medusa Files Collection: Books 1, 2, and 3
  • Transformation (The Clandestine Saga, #1)
  • Dawn (Hero Society, #1)
  • Stone Guardian (Entwined Realms, #1)
  • RazorWire (After Civilization #1)
When S. M. Boyce graduated with a degree in creative writing, she realized that made her well-qualified for serving French fries. It would take years of writing hundreds of thousands of words of all kinds before she became the fantasy and horror novelist she is today.

Boyce is known for action-packed epic fantasy, powerful heroes, and riveting magical stories filled with twists and intrigue. And, o

The Grimoire Saga (4 books)
  • Lichgates (The Grimoire Saga #1)
  • Heritage (The Grimoire Saga, #3)
  • Illusion (The Grimoire Saga, #4)