Start by marking “Wolfsbane (Rebel Angels, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wolfsbane (Rebel Angels, #3)

Wolfsbane

(Rebel Angels #3)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  91 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
It’s tough being the foretold saviour of your race. Rory MacSeth, kept a virtual prisoner in his own father’s dun and hunted by the Sithe queen, needs a break now and then – and what better fun than tearing the Veil no one else can tear, and escaping to the otherworld? In that dangerous otherworld, Hannah Falconer is as trapped by circumstance as the strange wild Sithe boy ...more
Paperback, 1st Edition, 435 pages
Published August 10th 2012 by Strident Publishing Limited

To ask other readers questions about Wolfsbane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolfsbane

Vanessa
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
After the gripping events of book 2, BLOODSTONE, it's now fifteen years later and Seth is the dun captain--a responsibility he never expected, knowing his brother Conal would inherit. Now Conal is gone, but Seth has his son Rory, whose ability to manipulate the Viel--the barrier between the Sithe world and the human world--makes him the prophesied Bloodstone, and the very person Queen Kate NicNiven wants for her own purposes.

Unfortunately teenagers will chafe under restrictions, even knowing it'
Liviania
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a little hard for me to accept that there's only one more Rebel Angels book to go. I've been enjoying the hell out of this series. It's sprawling and twisted and based on characters who make mistakes because they can't be anything but themselves. And, of course, the villain who takes advantage of that.

WOLFSBANE did feel a bit like a holding pattern before the end. The stakes weren't quite as high, the protagonists didn't lose quite as much - but the antagonist didn't win as much either.

The
Small Review
This series gets better and better! Full review to come.

Originally posted on Small Review

Gosh do I love this series. I don't know what it is about it, but Gillian Philip's books are like crack. I can't get enough of them and each installment in this series is unwaveringly solid.

Seth has grown up a lot and is firmly in the "awesome characters to root for" column, which makes it even better that his romance here just overwhelms me with happiness for all parties involved.

Like the previous books, e
Wayne
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-favs
After really loving the last one in the series this one did not disappoint. Plenty of action, great characters, twists and turns, drama ~ this had it all. After taking a while to warm to it I am hooked now. The plot is just so good and the writing just draws you in and really makes the characters burst off the pages. Really looking forward to the last in the series, Icefall. I will also have to invest in the .5 prequel to Firebrand, Frost child as well I think. Overall a great read in a very enj ...more
Raquel Evans
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
It's difficult to review this book properly. It occasionally dragged, or was confusing as large amounts of back story were implied without (thankfully!) the usual shoehorned in explanation. Relationships ranged from uncomfortable to inappropriate. I disliked nearly every character at some point in the book.

And in spite of all that I LIKED the bloody thing and it even almost made me cry (at a point I wouldn't have thought I'd care about that much). *sigh*
Chris Curran
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Rebel Angels series just gets better and better. Gillian Phillip has created an absolutely compelling world full of drama and violence and in the third instalment, Wolfsbane, the civil war between the rival Sithe factions becomes ever more deadly. Seth McGregor, now Captain of his clann, continues the fight against the evil Queen, Kate NicNiven, as she attempts to destroy the Veil that separates the Sithe world from our own. But Seth has enemies even amongst his own fighters and as he strugg ...more
Sera Lewis
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm leaping in mid-season and really wasn't sure I was going to get caught up, but somewhere around the hundredth page, it had me. Contemporary faery fantasy with a land that reads like 9th century Scotland, only with CD players.
Neile
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Despite the harsh, violent world of this series, I find it utterly compelling. It's the passion of these characters, for each other, for their pain, for their world, and their need to do the right thing, however damaged they are.
Ruth Long
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love love love this series so much. Utterly shameless, especially when it comes to Seth of course!

Goes firmly on the list of books that made me late for work and stay up too late because I simply couldn't put it down. :D
Adele
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm torn. There were parts I loved and I wanted to give this four stars, but there were also parts that I found written in an unnecessarily confusing way and a few parts that were a little boring. Overall, a satisfying read, though.
scarlettraces
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
(3.5) I liked it, but the middle section lost me & I didn't get back to it for ages. I should probably wait a while before tackling Icefall.
Gemma
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm still reelling from the ending!!!

Review to follow soon!
Christy
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
twist and turns abound in those book now the dreaded wait for the next one. the end killed me.
Mary
Sep 29, 2015
Michelle
Feb 27, 2015
Kerry
rated it did not like it
Sep 16, 2014
Jan 05, 2016
Chet Tata
May 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Shadowed Throne (The Risen Sun, #2)
  • Robert Asprin's Dragons Run
  • The Guild (Guardians of Destiny, #3)
  • Ward Against Disaster (Chronicles of a Reluctant Necromancer #3)
  • The Cat, the Devil, the Last Escape
  • Magic and Loss (Golgotham #3)
  • The Boy who Wept Blood (Erebus Sequence, #2)
  • TimeBomb (Timebomb Trilogy #1)
  • 1066: What Fates Impose
  • Hunter Deceived (Wild Hunt #1)
  • Swords and Scoundrels (Duelists Trilogy, #1)
  • The Bloodbound (Bloodbound, #1)
  • Sold for Endless Rue
  • The Woken Gods
  • Jane
  • Beyond the Pale
  • The Red Lily Crown: A Novel of Medici Florence
  • Sins of the Son (Grigori Legacy, #2)
Gillian Philip is the author of more than 20 books for adults, young adults and children, including the Rebel Angels series (Firebrand, Bloodstone, Wolfsbane and Icefall). Her debut novel, the dystopian mystery Bad Faith, was published in 2008.

As well as fantasy she writes crime: Crossing The Line and The Opposite Of Amber are published by Bloomsbury. She is one of the Erin Hunters, working on th

Rebel Angels (4 books)
  • Firebrand (Rebel Angels, #1)
  • Bloodstone (Rebel Angels, #2)
  • Icefall (Rebel Angels, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)