Start by marking “New Tears to Cry, Old Songs to Sing” as Want to Read:
New Tears to Cry, Old Songs to Sing

New Tears to Cry, Old Songs to Sing (Forever Blue #2)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  169 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
It’s the captivating conclusion to this moving saga of choices made and chances lost. Over a decade ago, Alexa Moore’s first love vanished without warning. After years of mourning Carter Storm’s fateful departure, her emotional wounds have faded and she is finally free from the pain of her past. Now in her mid-twenties, her future includes the perfect husband and a lucrati ...more
Paperback, 1st, 332 pages
Published July 20th 2012 by Montlake Romance (first published April 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about New Tears to Cry, Old Songs to Sing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Tears to Cry, Old Songs to Sing

Jessica's Book Review
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read more reviews on my blog | Like me on Facebook

Forever Blue: New Tears to Cry by Jennifer Edlund is the follow up book to Forever Blue. The book picks up exactly where the first book left off; in reality I think it could have been one long book instead of two separate books, but whatever because I really enjoyed the story and it was worth both books.

I felt Forever Blue (the first novel) had a lot of heart to it and sorrow, more so then FB: New Tears to Cry. I felt really bad for the main char
Melissa Cushing
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book!!!! I received a free copy in exchange for a review and I loved it!!!! The ONLY thing I can say negatively about it, is the main characters personality......Alexa Moore.....was a little too innocent. She seriously endured set back after set back, when it came Carter (a.k.a. Aiden Storm)....I cannot take it!!! I will not disclose too much because it will ruin the story for everyone else...but man.... could someone cut this girl a BREAK!!!!! I would have given this book 5 stars ...more
Jill
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
“He left me believing he was my soul mate and that one day, he would come back to me.”

As far as Alexa goes, I don’t even know what to say. This girl goes through so much. I was just waiting for an anvil to drop from the sky and fall on her head like Wyle E. Coyote. I mean seriously, this girl seems to go through it all. Carter is the only thing she has left from her childhood and she was so desperate to hold on to him. She claims she knows him, but she doesn’t. Not really. No one is the same per
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Like an idiot, I read this book before reading the first one. Agrh, it felt incomplete, I should have figured it out before finishing the book like a dim-wit!

I liked the book, frustrating at a point but still loved it. The story was a nice roller-coaster ride! With its ups and downs!
I HATE Aiden and Carter. I HATE his mother too, fucking bitch.
RUTH SHOULD FUCKING GO DIE IN A DITCH.
Scotty was such a sweet heart! Poor guy, Its always the good guys who get their hearts poached :(
I really like Derri
Terri Anne
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreakingly beautiful..
Beautiful..

I think this are the words I could only utter at this moment. It's uniquely fascinating how Carter and Alexa's love had turned out into.

How Alexa was althroughout? Shattering in an exquisite way
With all the twist and turn. This book took me by surprise in any ways possible. I think I'll be hangovered for a while with this one.

Again, thank you for this masterpiece Ms. Edlund!
Jess (the cozy reader)

I dove right into this one! I felt so bad for Scotty, he seemed like a really loving guy. I must say that Carter pissed me off A LOT. Thank god I have a kindle because that was the main reason for not throwing it across the room! I loved little Luke and Alexa was a wonderful mother. I really enjoyed reading this series.
Julie
May 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forever Blue: Old Songs to Sing, New Tears to Cry was amazing. I fell in love with the characters all over again and did not want the book to end!!! I laughed and cried, it really was touching. I recommend it to everyone. But you must read the first one "Forever Blue" before the sequel.
Carrie
Dec 04, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is so angsty I found myself getting angry at my husband for no reason. While I love a good angsty book this probably went overboard.
Jen
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great continuation of the first...With all of the highs and lows, I read this in one night...I would read a third book if there ever becomes one....
Coleen (The Book Ramblings)
This book is a phenomenal conclusion to Forever Blue! I read this book in less than 24 hours, and have spent the past few days thinking about what I wanted to write in a review. As I closed the last page, I sat there and let out a sigh of relief for Alexa because she went through a world wind of emotions throughout this story, but I feel this book held a lot of obstacles that she had to overcome, which she did, despite having those breaking moments that I think anyone would have if in her positi ...more
Katie Huscroft
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Well, what a heart moving sequel.

This book carries on from the first and has a sad journey for Alexa.

Once she crosses that line with Carter there is no turning back for her and Scotty. You can't help but feel for them both but I'm please when Scotty finds someone deserving of his love.

Carter shows such a horrible side in this book but his actions are eventually explained. I'm so glad Alexa doesn't make the same mistake twice with him and I'm glad she finally got her closure.

This book takes you
Chelsea Holder
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The story was fantastic! Extreme drama! Prepare a box of tissue if you were the type of person that easily sympathize with the characters. Every dialogue was well said. I really didn't anticipate the turn of events, it was completely unpredictable! I was even shocked on some part! There were times where I was really pissed on both Alexa and carter, I really didn't know what to do. The story was heart wrenching ! I was really glad that Alexa was really a strong person! The ending was kind of not ...more
Becky
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
At first when I was reading this book I wasn't sure how I would feel about it because I have strong feelings towards cheating, but I kept reading. After I pushed my thoughts on that aside, I actually liked this book. It's about a woman growing from her past instead of letting it define her forever, and that is why I liked the book.
Lesley
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story, it is not a stand-alone book. You definitely should read Forever Blue (book 1) before diving into this one as it picks up the story practically mid sentence and you need the character development from book 1 to be able to follow the story.

Choy
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome conclusion! I will recommend this series to all my friends and family.
Anino
Not to say that this book sucks or anything like that, but... it just wasn't my cuppa... Didn't finish, lost interest.
Erika
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a bit better than the first, Alexa is a bit more redeemable, Carter just a little.
Cindy Davis
Nov 27, 2012 rated it liked it
The first took off more for me than the second . But, I had to finish. Liked, but didn't at the same time.
Ashleigh
Jan 26, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars drama drama in this book for sure! i enjoyed it!
Kristine
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
The ending isn't what I expected.
Linda Gwiazdowski
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
REALLY ENJOYED THIS BOOK,DOWN TO EARTH CHARATERS.I LOVE THE SENSETIVITY OF THE STORY.
Lori
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Forever Blue
  • See Jack Die
  • A Touch Of Magic
  • Oceans Between Us (A Cinderella Romance)
  • Noble Cause
  • Simply, Mine
  • River Ghosts
  • The Experiment
  • Songbird
  • Love, Kinsey
  • Dolphin Girl
  • Letting Go (Hold on Tight, #2)
  • Under-Heaven
  • Trusting Evil
  • Marked in Mexico
  • Amanda's Eyes (A.J. Gregson)
  • Finding Isadora
  • Nine Volt Heart

Forever Blue (3 books)
  • Forever Blue
  • She Walks Away, You'll Have to Stay (Forever Blue #3)