Start by marking “Operation: Endeavor (When the Mission Ends, #2)” as Want to Read:
Operation: Endeavor (When the Mission Ends, #2)

Operation: Endeavor

(When the Mission Ends #2)

Colton Robertson left his career in the Air Force…

… to come home and help his family heal. Unfortunately, his reception was not quite what he’d hoped for and he ended up as roommate to hippy dippy yoga instructor Penelope Pruitt.

Penelope has spent her life under the restrictive thumb of her parents and she doesn’t want to do the same with the straight-laced, serious Colton
Published January 4th 2013 (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Operation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation

Musing
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Operation: Endeavor by Author Christi Snow, is the second book in her thrilling Romantic Suspense series When the Mission Ends. It picks up soon after the end of Operation: Endgame, which would be beneficial to read prior to Endeavor. There are more hot ex-military men, more steamy sex scenes, and more suspenseful moments to keep you guessing!!

Oh uber Alpha-Male Colton! Seriously – how is one meant to cope when you read this: “I promise I could fulfil you better than he ever could.” Okay – I. W
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Aug 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013, _cb
Review copy provided by author

Disclaimer: I know Christi as a fellow reader and book blogger in addition to being an author. That said, my review is completely my honest and unbiased opinion of this book.

Why I Read this Book: I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Operation: Endgame . That book had a well-balanced blend of romance and suspense and I expected Operation: Endeavor to follow suit, which it did.

What I Liked: I love how the author brings the backstory to the reader in the wa
Julie
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Operation: Endeavor is the second book in Christi Snow’s When the Operation Ends trilogy. I’m happy to say that this book was just as strong as the first book in the series. The characters continue to shine and the story-telling continues to keep you on your toes, which is a very good thing for a romantic suspense book.

In this installment, we follow Colton (Cole) now that he has left the military in order to help his family heal. Cole, Cassie and Chris
TheGeekyBlogger
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read for Review (Author)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 3.75
Character Rating: 4.25

First thought when finished: WOW! That was quite a wild ride with a twist that I just didn't see coming.

What I thought of the Characters: This is where I think Christi's writing shines in this story!

“You’re just a great big old marshmallow under that sexy, stern male exterior aren’t you?”

Colton is the consummate caregiver! He has/is the person who has taken upon themselves to take care of everyone around him. Th
Sabrina
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After reading hundreds of books it's rare that you can't figure out the ending. Operation Endeavor will keep you guessing until the very end. Christi has done a great job writing this book, you will not want to put it down.

Colton has taken responsibility for his younger twin siblings since he was ten years old. He retires from the Air Force to help care for his younger brother Chris who was injured on a mission. Chris hates the fact that he needs help and having Colton hovering over him is not h
Amy
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Colton has control issues- he has to- he's been taking care of his siblings since he was 10. Being a career military officer just reinforced them. But his world threatens to come crashing down around him when horrible events happen to both of his siblings within a year.

Enter Penelope- Colton has never really thought of her as more than his sister's flighty, slightly hippie friend. Which is why, when he decides to leave the Air Force and move back to be closer to his family he agrees to be her ro
Amy at bookgoonie
A confession first. I totally didn’t get that this book was about the same group of people I grew to love in Operation: Endgame. I really try not to read synopsis of books I want to read. Every book is like a Christmas gift. I don’t want to ruin the surprise. But YAHOO when I found out I was going to be hanging out with a familiar bunch of yummy Texans, I was MORE than EXCITED.

Now I’m “in the know” and I’ve read the synopsis. I am picturing Darma from Darma and Greg as Penelope. WRONG!!! Penelop
Sara Tieszen paschal
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my stars, Christi you have me in your clutches. I devoured this book and I am looking forward to more;)
Amber
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Five SQUILLION stars!!!!!!!! I have to think on this review and then I'll add it, I must come up with words worthy of this book:)
Glenda Bettin
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
this series just keeps getting better
Catherine
Operation: Endeavor is the second book in Christi Snow’s When the Mission Ends series about the Robertson siblings and the men and women who love ‘em. After giving the first book in this series, Operation: Endgame, a very enthusiastic 4-smooch rating, I couldn't wait to read the second installment.

This book centred around Colton (Cassie and Chris’ older brother), a retired Air Force captain, and Penelope Pruitt, a local bookstore owner and erotica author. A sexy alpha male falling in love with
Shirley
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Just a word of warning. If you haven’t started this series, pick up Operation: End Game before you read this review. I don’t write reviews with spoilers but content in this review will contain spoilers for the first book in the series. ;)

Readers were only given a glimpse of Colton in Operation: End Game. Just a taste of who he really was. The main focus was on Cassie and Jake, which is how it should have been. No complaints, because I really liked them as a couple. They were the perfect choice t
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
To say that Colton has some control issues would be an understatement. He acquired them at a very young age. When his parents died he embraced the role as big brother. He felt obligated to protect his younger siblings. As his military career progressed he kept with the role as a protector. He does not see himself as a controlling annoyance. He truly believes that he knows what is best for those around him, he has their best interest at heart, and he only wants to protect those that he cares abou ...more
Kelly
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh, man. The poor Robertson clan just can't catch a break when it comes to stumbling over nasty happenings in Lubbock, TX. THINGS HAPPEN! And those things sometimes involve a body count. Which happens. You know, when you read romantic suspense.

So. Colton. He's a little domineering and he can bark out orders like a pro, which makes sense given both his former career and how he practically raised Chris and Cassie. He's protective and he wants what's best for those around him. Which sometimes makes
Val
4. 5

'Operation: Endeavor' is the second book in the 'When the mission ends' trilogy. It tells the story of Colton, Cassie's older brother, and Penelope, one of Cassie's best friends.

Although the story was different from 'Operation: Endgame', because the suspense wasn't nerve-wrecking, I was still glued to my kindle trying to find out what was going on. And the romance! Colton and Penelope are so different from each other and yet, so meant to be. (And if you love sexy times, there's more in h
Kim
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have a confession: I did not think any book would be better than the first one from this series (Operation: Endgame). As one of Christi's beta readers, I got to read the first draft of this book. While I liked it, I didn't love it nearly as much as Cassie & Jake's story. I had high hopes for Colton and fell in love with him during Endgame.

This is the first time I'm reading it since the first draft and not only do I LOVE this version so much more than the original, I LOVE it MORE than Endga
J.A. Howell
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Operation: Endeavor picks up a little while after the first book with Colton, the oldest of the Robertson siblings. Since their parents died when they were young he has always taken care of everyone and its translated into him sometimes being bossy and over protective and trying to push his will on everyone else.

This didn't bode well with his brother Chris recovering from the horrible 6 month ordeal he just went through and the need for distance between them became apparent.

Enter Penelope, Col
Mariana Bezerra
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
This is the second book and we all met Colton and Penelope during the adventures of Operation: Endurance, but I never thought these two would actually be a great couple. It took me by surprise these couples and even after the whole book and some serious kinky sex is strange to see Colton let go so much of control. I always though he would this great Dom with some naughty girl by his side.

But Penelope was even better than I hoped for because she’s way more than a little bookstore owner and it’s a
Sara Luck
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was so much better than the first. Not because I didn't love Cassie and Jake, they were great, but because the storyline was so much better. I can't eait to read book three because I think Chris' story will be wonderful. Colton amd Penelope really are perfect for each other. Their main issue is that she is terrified of losing herself to someone. To giving control of her life to someone else, and Colton is a typical alpha male. Most of the time, he is demanding something instead of aski ...more
Kim Howard
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read Operation: Endgame when it was first released, totally sold on the cover of course :-) I really enjoyed the storyline involving family and close friends in the first one and put off reading Operation: Endeavor too long.

I'm so happy I picked this one up and started reading it the other day as I missed the romantic suspense stories I had been reading a lot. This one picks up where the last one seemed to end with this plot line more focused on Colton (the oldest). Love the sexual tension tha
Christy
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'll write a more thorough review when I have had more time to reflect, but my initial thoughts are that this book was nice in that it had action and suspense and some smoking hot scenes but with a fun, irreverent tone that is not typical of this genre. While I liked the first book in this series, this one sealed the deal for me. As the title of the series suggests, it is about special ops guys after they return to civilian life, so it is missing some of the special ops imagery and action one mi ...more
Lara Sweety
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All my rowdy friends...
If you like action and sexy men who are crazy about their women, you’ll love this series. Christi and I have one thing in common for sure. We like to see a common bond of family and friendship between characters. That theme is carried through the ”Operation” Series. Even with everything they go through, they stand together and that was important to all of them. Super sexy, super HOT!!! Christi’s books read like Die Hard movies! I love those!
Angie
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Cannot wait for the next. So easy to connect with all the characters! I just want to know more & more about all of them! This series is a must read! It grabs you from the beginning & keeps you guessing..... When you're done it's kind of sad.... Like saying good bye to a good friend.
Nea
Jan 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Yeah, I like this book, it's an easy reading book, i like the characters, the dynamic of the group, the support, the understanding between them, and I love the alpha male characters, so, I like this one.
Tracy
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the characters. This book is much better than the first and I cant wait for the 3rd book
Julianna
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really liked this one. Both the main characters are great, and now i will have to go back and buy the first one because i didn't realize that this was the middle one!
Mandy
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christi-snow
Somewhere between 3.5 and 4. Good story- it was pretty much just like the first book. Development of relationship between Colton and Penelope was nice to read. Steamy and suspenseful.
Greta Branas
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was as awesome has the first. Colton intrigued me from book one. I was not disappointed at all loved it. If you have not read her books you need to.
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
Book 2 in When The Mission Ends series. Fantastic romantic suspense. Loved it!
Candice
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Holy smokes!!!!!! Colton and Penelope.

I am sucked into this series.

• Breaking Through (SEAL Team Heartbreakers #2)
  • Waiting For Wren (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #5)
  • Miami, Mistletoe & Murder (Red Stone Security, #4)
  • Weather The Storm (Security Specialists International, #3)
  • Honor Reclaimed (HORNET, #2)
  • A Christmas Miracle for the Doctor (Shadow Creek, Montana, #6)
  • Code Name: Kayla's Fire (A Warrior's Challenge, #2)
  • Tactical Strike (Bagram Special Ops, #2)
  • Her Master Defender (Masters Men, #1)
  • I Own the Dawn (The Night Stalkers, #2)
  • Defender (Dark Ops, #1)
  • Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
  • Three Day Fiancée (Animal Attraction, #2)
As an avid reader her entire life, Christi Snow always dreamed of writing books that brought to others the kind of joy she felt when she read. But...she never did anything about it besides jot down a few ideas and sparse scenes.

When her husband retired from the Air Force, Christi decided it was time to chase her dream and she started writing. She hasn’t stopped since. With twenty-two published boo

When the Mission Ends (6 books)
  • Operation: Endgame (When the Mission Ends, #1)
  • Operation: Endurance (When the Mission Ends, #3)
  • When Love Intrudes (When the Mission Ends, #4)
  • When Love Comes Back (When the Mission Ends, #5)
  • When Love Surprises (When the Mission Ends, #6)