Start by marking “Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord (Dangerous Rogues, #2)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord (Dangerous Rogues, #2)

Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord

(Dangerous Rogues #2)

Seduce and Destroy

Tristan Bradley, the notorious Marquess of Castleigh, is a danger to any woman’s reputation. Devastatingly handsome and devilishly seductive, he delights in the challenge of a lovely new conquest—especially when she’s engaged to a man he despises. But when this particular young lady asks him to dance, Tristan realizes he may not be the only one playing a
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published April 30th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
(Note: In the early part of this book, the story runs concurrently with events happening in Wicked Nights With a Proper Lady but these same events are seen from Tristan and Charlotte’s perspective. I would, therefore, advise reading Wicked Nights With a Proper Lady first.)

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, and was looking forward to reading Midnight Temptations With a Forbidden Lord but, overall, I was really disappointed.

Tristan makes an admirable hero. I loved his devotion to his
Claire
Amanda
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
This is one of those books where what the character tells us and how we perceive the characters are at odds. Charlotte is desperate not to marry a man who doesn't like her and whom she doesn't like. And while we're told her fiance is "loathsome," their interactions always left me feeling like Charlotte was being a spoiled brat and childish and the fiance was merely annoyed with her.

And not that she deserved to be disliked, but she didn't really endear me to her or, more importantly, her plight.
Shirley Buchanan
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What do you do if your father won't listen to reason and insists you marry a man you despise? You find a rake to ruin you in society.

Lady Charlotte Lindsey is smart, beautiful, and determined. An engagement to a man she loathes to further her father's political career just cannot be tolerated, so she makes a plan: Let a rake ruin her and become an independent woman in society. But is the rake she chose exactly what he seems, or a whole lot more?

Tristan Bradley, Marquess of Castleigh, is handsome
Mary Gramlich
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I know what I do not want, but I am not sure you are whom I do want

A wedding designed in marriage misery for Lady Charlotte Lindsey will be stopped regardless of how Charlotte does it. The man her father has chosen is not only boring, and self-serving, but also just plain mean. Charlotte knows the one path to potential marriage destruction is to involve a rake of the highest quality, Tristan Bradley, the Marquess of Castleigh. Game on!

Charlotte finds every opportunity to get as close as possible
Jennie
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte's father has decided that she would marry Mr. Warren, a man that she despises. She tries to get Tristan to ruin her so Mr. Warren will call the marriage off.
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, historical, romance
Rating: 4.5 Stars

What I'm Reading

I just finished Tiffany Clare's second book in Dangerous Rogues Series, which is Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord. Some series are flexible and you can start at any point in the series. Technically you can with this book, but I would encourage y'all to read Wicked Nights with a Proper Lady first. However, it is not require to read this book, just suggested.

Well, if you have read Wicked Nights with a Proper Lady you will notice some of the story over la
My Book Addiction and More MBA
When Charlotte Lindsey sets her mind to ruin herself instead of marry the man her father has chosen, she enlists the help of a notorious rogue. But much to her surprise, he’s not quite the man she thought he was. Tristan Bradley’s name has been attached to scandal after scandal, but does he deserve the infamous reputation he has earned?

As Charlotte and Tristan devise a plan to help her succeed in ending her nuptials with a man she despises, they find that they are quite drawn to each other. Can
Tracy Emro
I really wanted to like this book. The premise of the story is good and the writing is great. But it just didn't do it for me.

The first half of this book is basically the same as the last book except it is told from a different perspective - and I liked the first half. The second half is where it snowballed downhill.

I liked Tristan and thought he was a very good hero - an honorable rogue. But Charlotte - OMG, I thought she was a bit spoiled and childish in the first book, but not unlikable.

I re
Michelle
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I’m not sure what it was but something with book 2 in the Dangerous Rogues series by Tiffany Clare just clicked for me, more than book 1 did. Lady Charlotte is promised to wed to a man that openly dislikes her. Her father cares nothing for a caring relationship for her, he’s more worried about furthering his political career. Seeing ruin as her only chance to be saved from this wedding Lady Charlotte seeks out Tristan, a powerful Lord on the opposite side of the political agenda than her father. ...more
Lady Day
Jul 03, 2014 rated it liked it
The first half of the book was a repeat from the first book in the series, like in the first book; there were unresolved issues at the ending, requiring the reader to get answers from the third book in the series.

Overall, it's not one of those story that I would tell my friends to read. Why? Partially, how she wrote the story with the events overlapping in all the books. I don't think, this is the best way to introduce an author to a new reader.

This book had so much potential at the beginning, b
Dezi
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
When I first picked this book up, I was very intrigued by the plot. I love historical romances and was looking forward to another to add to my list.
This book however, I found to be lacking...severely.
I feel as though the author put too much into the beginning of the book and then rushed through the problem, resolution and the end. After I finished the book, I was left feeling like I knew almost less than when I started. Practically none of the problems presented in the book were answered. You'
Barbara
Mar 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-books
Charlotte is engaged to Adrian Warren and they truly abhor each other. Charlotte begs her father to call it off but he will not. She devises a plan to "ruin" herself with the Marquess of Castleigh, one of a group of 4 who rock society with their antics. Carlotte seems quite young but once past that it is an OK book. The book runs parallel to the other two in the series making a complete arc. I didn't buy this when it first came out, but binge-read this, the novella and the third book (I had alre ...more
Ayana
May 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I loved the whole help-me-by-ruining-me fiasco. I loved how the hero and heroine came to fall in love with each other. The other characters also provide promising story for the next books. Though I would have a different ending but I understand that the characters are more likely to make appearances in other books in this series.

Overall, a fun and amusing light read. 3.5 stars.
Moey17
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
2nd in series was enjoyable. It took a few chapters to refresh my memory, since this was taking place at the same time as the first in the series, but Tristan and Charlotte were so engaging it made it worthwhile to muddle through the beginning. Looking forward to Jez and Hayden's story!
Debbie
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed revisiting some of the characters from the first book in the series. The ending came too fast though, but I think the seeming holes in this story were left to deliberately fill with the next book.
Kasumi
Vuelvo a quedarme con la sensación de que a la historia le falta algo, y supongo que no es otra cosa que el tercer libro de la serie. Pero para que se publique todavía faltan 5 meses y no sé si para entonces aun tendré ganas de enterarme del final.
Una pena.
Celine
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
2 1/2 stars
Lisa
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it
it was a story that just ended?
Maryanne
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
really enjoyable for a winter read
Sherrill
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this 2nd book in the Forbidden Lords series. I always like her characters and stories. A good read.
Robin
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: could-not-finish
So boring that I do not think I can read one page more...ugh...
Cindy Lightner
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a book that I won throught goodreads first reads program. This is not a typical book that I would pick to read, but was surprised at how much I liked the book.
Apr 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
I liked the premise of this story but I thought the ending was rushed. I haven't read the other two books in the series, which may explain my many questions.
Wanda
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love all of Tiffany Clare books. If you love a good historical romance, you should defintely pick this one up!
Christina Ps
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it
*MariaA*
Jun 04, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars for this one.
Tristan is soo lovable!! though the story is a bit too long and gets too slow at times , also didn't get that deep feeling between H&h but a nice read.
Danielle MacLennan
Feb 12, 2017
Dori Crain
Jul 30, 2013
Tanja
May 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 27, 2015 11:58AM

• What a Lady Needs (The Redgraves, #2)
  • The Duke Diaries (Royal Entourage, #3)
  • Sins of a Ruthless Rogue (Sinners Trio, #2)
  • A Passion for Pleasure (Daring Hearts, #2)
  • What a Wicked Earl Wants (The Sinful Scoundrels, #1)
  • Twilight with the Infamous Earl (Lords of Vice, #7)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Cinderella Sisterhood, #2)
  • The Secret Life of Lady Julia
  • By Love Unveiled (Restoration, #1)
  • Ripe for Seduction (The League of Second Sons, #3)
  • Lover Be Mine (Legendary Lovers, #2)
  • The Ruin of a Rogue (The Wild Quartet, #2)
  • Sweet Madness (Veiled Seduction, #3)
  • A Most Scandalous Proposal
  • The Prince's Bride (The Royal Trilogy, #3)
  • And Then Comes Marriage (Worthington, #2)
  • When She Was Wicked (Honeycote, #1)
  • An Outlaw in Wonderland (Once Upon a Time in the West, #2)
Deciding that life had far more to offer than a nine to five job, bickering children and housework of any kind (unless she's on a deadline when everything is magically spotless), Tiffany Clare opened up her laptop to write stories she could get lost in. Tiffany writes historical romances set in the Victorian era and is currently working on her Desire Me Now series for Avon Impulse, which releases ...more

Dangerous Rogues (4 books)
  • Kiss Me, Kate (Dangerous Rogues, #0.5)
  • Wicked Nights With a Proper Lady (Dangerous Rogues, #1)
  • The Scandalous Duke Takes a Bride (Dangerous Rogues, #3)