Start by marking “A Low Down Dirty Shane (Misfits & Mayhem, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Low Down Dirty Shane (Misfits & Mayhem, #1)

A Low Down Dirty Shane (Misfits & Mayhem #1)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  211 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Thick-skinned vampire assassin meets smart-mouthed druid archer. Run, Cupid, run.

Shane Hewitt has been many things—failed husband, supernatural punching bag, and now a bitch to the vampire council of New York City. He thought killing rogue vampires was the hardest thing he’d ever do. Until a hot redhead smashes into him, shouts orders and announces she’s saving his life.

Th
Published December 25th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about A Low Down Dirty Shane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Low Down Dirty Shane

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Favorite Quote: “You still look a little untainted...we might need to do it again. Just to be sure. “

Shane Hewlett is the newest rogue vampire hunter aka “the bitch” for the Tribunal. Fully human, he rocks plenty of attitude and a mohawk as he uses every trick in the book to full fill his contracts. When a sexy woman nearly runs him over while out running a rampaging monster, Shane figures that his life is about to take a turn for the interesting.

Siobhan, a sexy weapon welding druid, is a bad ar
Kelly
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Shane! I cannot tell a lie, Shane ROCKS! He's a horn dog with a mohawk and I really love his off the cuff sense of humor. Need a virgin deflowered so that she doesn't end up unfairly sacrificed? Shane's your man. He's even honorable enough to make sure that's really what she wants before he gets all up in her business. There's also enough of a gentleman hiding under all that swagger to make sure she has a couple of happy endings before sealing the deal. Now, that's dedication to the task at ...more
Chelsea
This review was originally posted at Vampire Book Club.

A Low Down Dirty Shane is set in the same, wild world of Sierra Dean’s Secret McQueen series. Main character Shane works for the namesake of the urban fantasy series. While fans of Secret will get a kick out of it, you do not need to have read those books in order to enjoy this novella.

You read that right. A Low Down Dirty Shane is a standalone urban fantasy novella. Snappy, snarky and sexy—it completes the trifecta of what makes a shorter s
Sandra
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
A spinoff of the Secret McQueen books, with just a mention of her and no appearances.

Shane Hewitt, is the new Vampire assassin, now that Secret has been promoted. He literally bumps into Siobhan when a Troll is chasing her and she is impressed that he doesn't end up a pile of goo. She is a Druid guarding an inter-dimensional gate and it is her job to dispose of those Fae that make it through.

Siobhan has a small problem of virginity to deal with before her 25th birthday next week. She doesn't fan
Julie
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

I don’t think it’s any secret that I am a fan of Sierra Dean’s Secret McQueen series. If there was any doubt, let me clear that up by saying *jumps up onto table and shouts*I LOVE her Secret McQueen series! *gets off the table* *adjusts clothes and tries to look presentable*

A Low Down Dirty Shane is Sierra’s first non Secret book but it is set in Secret’s world. It is a book about Shane and how he happens to come across a fiery woman who turns his life
Aurian Booklover
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think the blurb says it all very well, and I don’t want to spoil anything for you. I really liked this short story, and will certainly buy the others when they are available.
When Secret was promoted, someone else needed to do her job of tracking and killing rogue vampires, and Shane Hewitt is it. I did not really learn much about him in the Secret series, so this novella was a nice addition. Secret is only mentioned once or twice and not part of this story, but it is still her world. Nolan ap
Pam Godwin
Aug 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Much like the Secret McQueen series, this first book in the Misfits & Mayhem series vibrates with supernatural action. Vampire hunter, Shane, collides with the attractive, pure Siobhan while she's doing unattractive, dirty things. Together, the dynamic duo battle fae monsters through the streets of New York. Unfortunately, thanks to the whiplash length of the novella, the H/h lack much needed depth. Their slapstick interactions are more brotherly/sisterly than romantic (bar the one sex scene ...more
Diana
What it lacks in length, this book makes up with action and humor. Featuring a kick-ass, bow wielding heroine and a roguish, yet dark hero, A Low Down Dirty Shame is a well-rounded story for fans of urban fiction and paranormal romances. Readers unfamiliar with Dean will enjoy this start of a new series and previous fans will enjoy the visit back to the world of Secret McQueen.
Ivie ✩Born to Magic-Forced to Muggle✩
A short story spin-off of her amazing McQueen series. I loved it. The fast pace, the mouthy characters, the humor. I absolutely adore her writing.
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loooooooved it! Review to come.
Alisha
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bli-rev
(Review originally posted at Book Lovers Inc:)

My Thoughts:

Just in case you’ve read part (or all) of the Secret McQueen series and are wondering…this new series takes place in that same universe. That’s right! If you loved Secret McQueen and her merry band of vampire hunters and paranormal creatures, you’ll be happy to know that this story has the same spark, the same wit, and even some of the same humor. (It’s a brief story, so I’ll try to keep this review brief, too.)

Indeed, because this story
Katie Michaels
Jul 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of the Secret McQueen world, so when I found out about this spinoff series, I was pretty excited. This story focuses on the vampire hunter Shane Hewitt. Secret fans will likely remember him as the smart-alec vampire hunter that our favorite member of the Tribunal was training in Keeping Secret. This story falls shortly after that book –and references a few events there– but I don’t think a new reader would have even a little trouble jumping in here.

So, our buddy Shane is just mind
Lisa
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, earc
Sierra Dean is back with a new series branches off her Secret McQueen series. You'll recognize a few names and characters when you read this. Shane steps forward in this book and we finally get to see a little bit about who he is. He runs almost literally into Siobhan and hunter of a different kind on the street. The two of them join up to at first help keep Siobhan from being a sacrificial virgin and then to save her replacement. This is a short read but packed with some kick ass action. I love ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
Oct 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shane is out hunting vampires when he meets a hot woman who is running for her life. Now who can say no to that?

As it's a short novella, about 70 pages, there is not much to say. They meet, they fight monsters and her family. Her messed up family who wants to sacrifice her, a virginal sacrifice, well there is one way to solve that problem ;)

Shane is cool, Siobhan is kick-ass. They make a great team and I think that they can be fun together. I would sure like to read more, they could have some ac
Eva
So this is like a Secret book, but without Secret. I liked it. It's the same world, the writing is really good and it has everything I liked about the Secret books (well the one and a half I've read) minus the annoying Secret.
And it just might get me to go back and finish the second Secret book, which I put on hold because Secret was getting on my nerves. And then read the 3rd and 4th book before the 5th one comes out later this year.
It's good to have goals.
Tam B.
Jan 03, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a nice short within the Secret world but separate from it.

I have to admit I initially didn't expect it to be a short and was disappointed that it was. I would have liked for Shane to have more story and for the story itself to have been further developed. However, I did enjoy it and look forward to the next.
Tarantulove
Shelves: novels
Wasn't sure what to expect from a non-Secret story, but I loved it!
Just as funny and exciting as the others by Sierra Dean, with a number of snort-out-loud parts, as well as truly villainous villains.
And don't worry, the steamy parts are definitely steamy!
Looking forward to the series. :)
Purple Osprey
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Amazing how such a short book can be full of plot holes.
Even fantasy has to follow some inner logic to be enjoyable to anybody above the age of five.
Jeri
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Yolanda Sfetsos
Cool, well written novella expanding this interesting UF world, but I have to admit that I didn't enjoy it as much as the Secret books.
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice short read in the Secret McQueen world.
Dren
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read by Sierra Dean! Shane and Siobhan are great characters! This is a quickie novella that "might" hold me over until Grave Secret releases. MIGHT!!
Vanessa
Very short (90 pages) story set in the Secret McQueen world, interesting read.
✼Danielle✼
Shane and Siobhan

Read 29th January 2013
Sean C
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was ok, nothing too original or engaging.
Sara Connor
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Really like this story, the kick-ass heroine's phrases made me laugh out loud. Good parallel fae world created in here. I'll sure read more books by this author.
Tiki
Jan 08, 2013
Shannon
Dec 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Against the Dawn (Shaede Assassin, #4)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Crowned by Fire (Shadow Thane, #3)
  • The Midnight Breed Series 10-Book Bundle (Midnight Breed, #1-10)
  • Diana's Hound (Bloodhounds, #4)
  • The Shift
  • Origins
  • Devil's Luck (The Disillusionists, #3.5)
  • The Asylum Interviews: Bronx (The Asylum Tales, #0.5)
  • Lightning Rod (Broken Mirrors, #2)
  • Strip Mauled
  • Hue, Tint and Shade (Petit Morts, #1)
  • Hunter's Season (Elder Races, #4.7)
  • Wistril Compleat
  • A Touch of Darkness (Key, #1)
  • A Patch of Darkness (Sierra Fox, #1)
3219566
Sierra Dean is a reformed historian. She was born and raised in the Canadian prairies and is allowed annual exit visas in order to continue her quest of steadily conquering the world one city at a time. Making the best of the cold Canadian winters, Sierra indulges in her less global interests: drinking too much tea and writing urban fantasy.

Ever since she was a young girl she has loved the idea of
More about Sierra Dean...