Start by marking “Caccia alle fate” as Want to Read:
Caccia alle fate

Caccia alle fate (Paranormalcy #2)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  33,833 Ratings  ·  2,246 Reviews
È difficile avere una vita normale quando si ha il dono di riconoscere gli esseri sovrannaturali al primo sguardo. Ma Evie, dopo tante bizzarre avventure, vuole provare a vivere davvero come ogni ragazza della sua età. Questa nuova esperienza però si rivela da subito noiosissima e così, quando l’Agenzia Internazionale per il Contenimento del Paranormale le offre di tornare ...more
Published July 25th 2012 by Giunti Y (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Caccia alle fate, please sign up.

Tess i disagree with that. i think that you just see Evie on a deeper level and you also find out a-lot more about the faeries and their history. the part…morei disagree with that. i think that you just see Evie on a deeper level and you also find out a-lot more about the faeries and their history. the part about Evie becoming pathetic is not the point it is about her choosing the right choice and becoming a strong woman (less)

Lyndsey

So don't fight me
Now let's take a stroll
Don't you bite me
You say I'm a sheep
Well, I think you're a creep
I don't give a BLEEP

And it goes like this...

Take me by the the hand
And I'll go with you
Through the faerie lands
And I'll show

I got them moves like Buffy
I got t
Sandy
5 SERIOUSLY SPARKLY STARS.

Oh, bleep! It was SO. GOOD.

Let me just say I was torn between reading at a crazy, feverish, I-am-consumed-by-this-book pace and slowing down to savor each delicious word and laugh-out-loud line.

As I ended up reading Supernaturally in 3.5 hours, I obviously opted to drink from the fire hose instead of sipping daintily from a tea cup.

Kiersten White, you are the word maestro. You really upped the hilarity quotient in this sequel with your clever turns of phrase and laugh-o
Flannery
Mar 08, 2011 Flannery rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People Who've Already Read Paranormalcy
Hello Goodreaders, and welcome to Irrelevant Book Cover Redo, Part Deux! (Part Un was my Paranormalcy review) In this second installment of the Paranormalcy series, Kiersten White picks back up with Evie and the gang after the gaggle of events that occurred at the end of book one. Look at the cover. Okay, now read this the following paragraph where I set up the plot for you…

Evie is living out in the real world after Lend’s father falsifies papers for her. She is living the dream—er, well her dre
Cait
Apr 11, 2011 Cait rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You ever read a first book that you just loved and had everything you were looking for: a good MC, no love triangles, action, suspense, not a lot of vanilla characters, was fun, and had an ending that wraps everything neatly with just enough strings left unattached that leaves a smidgen of mystery to rope you into the next book?

Well, for me, that was Paranormalcy, the first book in this series. I just loved it. Evie was smart, badass, had a funny voice, and really good character depth. I total
the tenth muse
Actual rating: 2.5 stars

"My life is a black hole of boredom and despair."
"So basically you've been doing homework."
"Like I said, black hole."

Is it a bad thing that I saw that plot twist coming half a book before it actually happened? Technically, it wasn't even a plot twist for me because I was just waiting for the author to 'reveal' that fact.

I'm still wondering what I saw in book one to make me give it four stars. I mean, Evie having a taser called - get this - Tasey is now getting on my nerve
Jillian -always aspiring-
Jul 15, 2010 Jillian -always aspiring- rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who are willing to follow Evie on any adventure of hers
With some trepidation do I start this review of Supernaturally, sequel to 2010's Paranormalcy. Now, I liked Paranormalcy well enough because of its heroine, Evie, and the story's tendency to poke fun at the paranormal craze. Whatever flaws the story had, the novel had charm in a world of YA books gone shallow and insipid, unrelatable and inane, and I was hopeful to read the next installment even if I thought that Evie's story could have stayed open-ended with readers imagining what her future mi ...more
Agnieška a.k.a. Gut
When I first time heard about Kiersten White I was about 16-17 years old. I saw “Paranormalcy” accidentally on book store with good price, so I bought it. It was fantasy genre and I didn’t care about the details at the moment. And I have to say that I really enjoyed first book and I couldn’t wait for opportunity to read the second one. However, it took me about even 3 or 4 years to get a chance for that. Again, before taking “Supernaturally” from library I didn’t thought twice. I loved first boo ...more
~Tina~
Fun, quirky, energetic, amusing and highly entertaining!

Supernaturally is just as great as the first book. And if you thought Evie was a hOOt then ya'll are gonna love Jack! Despite all things he's such a crazy-fun character who will have you laughing out loud the minute you meet him. And lets not forget about Lead, He's just as irresistible and adorable as ever. Love him!!
If your looking for a break from the more serious paranormal reads then look no further. This book is the perfect combinat
Misty
Okay, I know this is random, but best acknowledgements section ever.

Anywho:
I started off my year with Kiersten White's debut, Paranormalcy, and I said in my review that it was the perfect funk-breaker and way to start the year.  I've been recommending it heartily ever since.  And so, though I don't usually actively pursue review books, the sequel, Supernaturally, was one I was bound and determined to get my hands on.  (As politely and professionally as possible, of course... ;p)  So yes, Misty +
Colleen Houck
My favorite scene was the march of the Fey heading to the boat. Very Lord of the Rings. I also really love the fairy doors or gateways and the idea of getting lost inside one is terrifying! I like the new paranormal creature additions to the series. Very cool.
hayden
(Actual Rating: 3.5 stars)

Wow. I really should've reread Paranormalcy before I started this.
Kiersten White did very little review at the beginning of SUPERNATURALLY, which lead to a very confused Hayden.

This was me:
[image error]

I was trepid going into this book. Previous Goodreads reviews shattered all sense of hope I had of this being a good sequel. They said the characters fell flat (specifically Lend) and it suffered from being the middle book in a trilogy. I think those reviewers were wrong
Stephanie (Bookfever. ❤)
First of all, I have to say that I'm a huge Kiersten White fan and I loved Paranormalcy so it really pains me to have to write a rather negative review for Supernaturally. I just thought the book fell a little flat for me. It was just okay for me and nothing more.

So like I said I loved the first book. I really did. The reason why I didn't like this one was that it was rather boring (I'm so sorry, Kiersten!). I hate to say this but it's just the way I felt. I felt like nothing really happened. No
Erin
Jul 08, 2011 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Paranormalcy
I have lost some respect for myself.

Why, you may ask? It's because I now have the shameful task of eating my own words. It's very degrading.

Anyway, the point of this wallowing is this: I now prefer Reth to Lend.

....crap.

If you're confused about why typing this makes me practically want to cry, see for yourself in my review of the first book. I mean, that's a lot of hatred to take back. I kinda wish the earth would swallow me up right now, my pride is so wounded.

Anyway.

The general review atmosphe
Lheata
Sep 15, 2010 Lheata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ahhhhhhhhh yay another! i loved the first book it was so different from everything paranormal ive read it was amazing and a half! such a cute relationship between evie and lend please dont let anything happen to them! i love how evie got so excited over lockers in the first book hehe and how she carries around her taser (tasey)! loved!
Small Review
Originally posted at Small Review

"The Buffy mark"

There was a blurb on Supernaturally that said something along the lines of “Comes closer than most to hitting the Buffy mark.” Well, Buffy fanatic that I am, any sort of comparison to Buffy usually sets me off…and not in a good way. Because can anything really come close to the awesomeness of Buffy? I didn’t think so.

Now Kiersten White is no Joss Whedon. Her humor is completely different and it isn’t really fair to either of them to try to compar
Danny
Apr 21, 2011 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, april-2011
Oh my bleeeeep, this was so fanfreakingtastic!

When I read Paranormalcy last year I didn't expect to love it so much - but I did, I fell in love with Evie and her love of pink and with Lend. So of course I couldn't wait to start reading Supernaturally!

Normally, I'm always afraid of second books in a series, they can either life up to the hype generated in the first book, or they leave you disappointed. I'm glad I can tell Supernaturally most definitely delivered!

Evie's life has changed, she no
Amy S
Feb 18, 2012 Amy S rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Dear book,

Maybe it's not you. Maybe it's me. I adored your first installation, I really did. But time has passed, we've both changed, and we're just not right for each other anymore. I think it's best if we move on. After all, from the beginning things did not look good. When I picked you up at the library and held you in my slender hands (here's hoping) I noticed that you were playing me with the whole Stephanie-Myers-pretend-big-book-thing. You know, the one where they make the b
Ahmad Sharabiani
Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2), Kiersten White
Lissa
SIGH.

Actually, I'm NOT going to write an in-depth review.

Mostly because I can't really remember what happens in this book. Mostly nothing. Mostly Evie abruptly going places to do nothing then ending up back right where she started.

White's teenage voice is alarmingly realistic. I'm going to read Mind Games but if it's the same voice, I'll probably stop reading White. It reads like a teenager wrote the book - not enough detail in some places, too much in others, a jarringly abrupt narrative and a
Hope Baxter
Feb 22, 2011 Hope Baxter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me and my best friend Tyler ADORE this series. White has such a way of evolving the glamours into thick descriptions, telling us about paranormals we haven't, or have heard about. Jack is hilarious, and absolutely adorable. Lend is..... starting to get boring, as much as I love him. And Reth is.... still up in Evie's face all the time.
I'm more than halfway through it, and can't wait to finish it. I adore this book, no flaws detected!
Kim
Jul 14, 2011 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-now
I didn't like this as much as the first book. I wanted more action. It was kinda slow and boring for me. Still it was a fast cute read and I will read the third and final book in this trilogy. Hopefully the third book is more action packed.
Sara
Jul 07, 2015 Sara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2,5 tähteä

Ihan viihdyttävä tekele, vaikkakin täysin turhanpäiväinen. Nopealukuisuudesta plussaa.
Victoria
Feb 18, 2012 Victoria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fair warning, there will be a few minor spoilers in this review.

God, this book was so disappointing. I loved the first one, I really did, and I was excited to read book number two. Then I started reading it, and it just... didn't work.

The author herself admits how hard it was to write a squeal in the acknowledgements, and that struggle was easy to see when reading the book. Nothing felt like it was happening for natural reasons - everything was there just to create some kind of story. I found m
Annabelle Marie Veronica
Supernaturally was even better than Paranormalcy. The plot is more defined, although personally I feel like some of the characters don't have enough substance. They're all lovely characters. The problem simply is that many of them have no backgrounds, no likes and dislikes, nothing that binds them to Earth.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of White's writing style. I like hearing Evie's voice, but the way it's written can come across as everything from obnoxious to clueless. I like Evie, but I suffered s
Joey Susan
Kristy
May 17, 2011 Kristy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: supernatural
okay, so first off I have to say I really loved Paranormalcy. You see, I attached my raving review for it, so it really pains me to have to do this.....

Dun Dun Dun.

This book sucked. No really, I mean it flat out sucked. I am shocked at how horrible Supernaturally was. I just started a new job, so my reading time is reducing, so I clearly don't want to waste my precious book time on crap.... anybody else feel me??!?!?!?

Book #1 was new, fresh, exciting and fast-paced. Book #2 was slow, dragging
Sabrina
Aug 03, 2011 Sabrina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. The first book of this series was not so bad but not exceptional either; this second one is more of the same.
I still can't stand Evie. She's whiny and pouty. She has no will of her own and is constantly dragged along by others, both metaphorically and physically. Her tastes and her speech patterns are supposed to be cute and endearing, but all they ispired to me was annoyance.
While White's alternate world is interesting enough and the premises are good, there is a sense of incompleteness in
Natalie
In a Sentence: While Supernaturally was a fun and worthwhile follow up to Paranormalcy, I found myself frustrated with a few aspects of the book.

My Thoughts

I was so excited to be one of those bloggers lucky enough to get his or her hands on an ARC of Supernaturally. If you remember my review of Paranormalcy last year, it ended up being one of my favorite YA reads of 2010. After finishing Supernaturally, I'm happy to say that Kiersten White is back with her sharp wit and quirky phrases that com
Bry
Say you love pink. You wear pink every day. Pink nail polish, lipstick, clothes, shoes, even your undies. Pink, pink, pink!

Then one day you see someone wearing blue, and you think wow, blue! I wanna wear blue! I want blue nail polish, blue shoes, blue eye shadow, blue everything!

So you chuck all your pink stuff, throw it out, and replace it all with blue, and you love it!!

Then after a couple months, you wake up one day and think - you know what I want to wear today? PINK!! Followed by oh shit,
Kristi
Aug 02, 2010 Kristi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-arc
This is such an awesome series! If you haven't read it... you need to do so NOW!

I love the brilliance of Kiersten White (she is BRILLIANT, people!!) and her witty one liners and hilarious antics.... Kiersten truly breathes life into Evie. If you enjoyed Evie's personality in Paranormalcy, have no fear, our girl is back and even better in Supernaturally. With the characters that we loved from book one: Lend, Raquel, Reth Arianna and a new addition: Jack.

We get to see a whole different side of Ev
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 23, 2015 06:19PM
neeed to know. 3 30 Jul 27, 2013 05:25AM
Great or what?!?!?!?!?!? 27 106 Jun 05, 2013 12:28PM
Fun Reads & RoleP...: Supernaturaly 3 4 Apr 04, 2013 05:11PM
Fun Reads & RoleP...: Ugly Creatures 3 3 Apr 04, 2013 05:11PM
Fun Reads & RoleP...: Reth, Lend OR Jack? <3 10 27 Feb 27, 2013 07:57PM
Addicted to YA: Supernaturally 4 80 Feb 14, 2013 08:59PM
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Indelible (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #2)
  • The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Always a Witch (Witch, #2)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Almost Final Curtain (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #2)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
  • Fateful
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2; Nightshade World #5)
KIERSTEN WHITE is the New York Times bestselling author of the Paranormalcy trilogy; the dark thrillers Mind Games and Perfect Lies; The Chaos of Stars; and Illusions of Fate. She also coauthored In the Shadows with Jim Di Bartolo. She lives with her family near the ocean in San Diego, which, in spite of its perfection, spurs her to dream of faraway places and even further away times. Visit Kierst ...more
More about Kiersten White...

Paranormalcy (3 books)
  • Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)

“Faeries and vampires were glittery now? Honestly.” 130 likes
“Marry me. Nay, marriage will cost us precious moments together. Let us make sweet, passionate love right here. Let me bear your children.”
A primal growl signaled Miss Lynn getting over her shock at being thus addressed. She lunged forward; Jack deftly rolled off the bench, jumping up out of her reach.
“Goodness, I didn’t expect you to be quite this enthusiastic about my advances. If I don’t play hard to get, how will I ever know whether or not you respect me?”
99 likes