Start by marking “Lush (Delicious, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lush (Delicious, #3)

Lush

(Delicious #3)

USA Today bestselling author Lauren Dane delivers a second serving of sexy in her new Delicious novel, in which taste and temptation make up a sweet recipe…

Mary Whaley has her hands full running a successful catering company and overseeing her supper club. She has everything she ever wanted—or so she thought. When she meets ridiculously hot and very dirty rock star Damien
Published April 2nd 2013 by Berkley Trade

To ask other readers questions about Lush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lush

Sheryl C. Nash
Jul 20, 2012 marked it as to-read
*OMG*!!!!!!!!!! Its available on Netgalley right now AND i think EVERYONE IS PRE-APPROVED FOR THIS!!!!!! *SQUEAL* I just got it!!!! I'm in FREAKIN' HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go have a look people!!!!!!!!!
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Nov 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Steamy Contemporary Romance Fans
[***Full Review Posted (4/16/13) - Lost track of time! : /]

3.5 stars – An Uncomplicated Steamy Contemporary Romance

”Anyway, I’m not going to marry him, for heaven’s sake. I’m going to fuck him and let him make me laugh and enjoy his company. I’m not stupid. “

Mary Whaley successfully manages a budding catering company and supper club. While catering a friend’s wedding, she meets the sinfully sexy drummer Damien Hurley. His legendary exploits, sexual and otherwise, have been media fodder, but he
Shawna
3 stars – Contemporary Erotic Romance

Not my favorite from Ms. Dane, but overall it’s a pretty good, uncomplicated, albeit a tad slow, erotic romance. I think I might have enjoyed it more if I’d read the previous Delicious books first, and it was nice to revisit some of the Brown Siblings.

But this book will always be unforgettable and forever thought of as “Gush” for me because my water broke while reading it! It’s apropos, I guess, that I would go into labor reading a romance novel!
Feminista
May 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Rating: 2 out of 5.

This book is an average contemporary romance about a bad boy rock star and a good independent girl who has her own catering business. They meet, sparks ignite because they are the one. There was the usual jealousy over Damien’s groupies and misunderstandings that were all prettily solved in the end.

I didn’t enjoy it but give it a try if you like rock-star romances.

A reason why this book didn’t get an average rating of 2.5-3 is because it hit a pet peeve of mine. There is thi
Jenn Scranton
Nov 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
You know this book really wasn't bad, HOWEVER, I was pretty diappointed with it as a whole. It was a sweet story. Like cane sugar syrup sweet. It was listed as "Erotica"... So foodie + erotica... some interesting evenings with whipped cream, right?

Nada... the sex was very vanilla. That was pretty surprising considering he is some hot drummer... Meh.

LOL I had to give our dude a mental make over! He was described as tall and lanky with long dark hair over his eyes, scruffy goatee, etc...

Hey, some
MrsJoseph *grouchy*

3.5 stars rounded down to 3 stars

Finally! Damien + Mary's story!

I started this little Lauren Dane adventure by reading The Best Kind of Trouble - the first book in the Hurley Boys series. The Hurley brothers are all part of a family band named Sweet Hollow Ranch. All of the brothers got their own book in the Hurley Boys series. Except Damien. Damien's story is located in this different (earlier) series called Delicious.

And here we are (I didn't realize it at the
Mary
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This book is the 3rd in the Delicious series, which branched off of Dane's Brown Siblings' series. It is recommended that you read the books in order. The reason for this, which is also one of the main reasons I love this series, is because you get to revisit characters over and over again. This book involves the 4th, and final, member of Delicious, Mary. We have seen her previously in Daisy, Gillian and Jules' books (which include the Brown series as well). Mary's love interest is Damien Hurley ...more
Jen
3 "I Finally Finished It" Stars

I had a really hard time getting into this book. On paper, the third of the Delicious series by Lauren Dane should’ve been a winner for me. Sassy, no nonsense chef meets tattooed, hot rock star drummer? Sounds good so far. Hot sex scenes? Keep talking. Yet another story about a rock god falling for a normal girl and almost losing her due to a stereotypical, overused plot device? Hold up…that may not work for me.

It wasn’t that the book was bad, it just wasn’t good.
Darcy
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, 2013, erotica
I really liked this one, it had a great mix of the new story with lots of visits from past characters that I have come to love.

I liked Damien from the start, I liked that he was up front with Mary from day one, even as the longer he knew he the harder he fell for her. I liked that Mary seemed to know the score with Damien, that it was a relationship based in the present. I found myself loving that Mary ended up playing the guy's traditional role and how it bothered Damien to the point where he s
MostlyDelores
Sep 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, erotica
And again, a book peopled with strong women and alpha men. Bainbridge Island must be a wonderland! The problem though, is that these "strong women" are perpetually ready to lecture other other people about how strong they are, the word "bitch" is used too often to describe this strength, and they are most likely to turn on other women (here we find the word "skank").

To sum up: women are allies or enemies, men are dominant sex candy, strong women love sex and are not ashamed of it, skanks want t
Dee
I have really enjoyed reading this series and hope that we continue to get some updates on all our ladies and their Delicious men :)

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to catch up some more with Brody (Brown) as he was my favourite from the Brown Siblings series.
mad4rombks
Lucky enough to get an early peek and loved Damien & Mary so much! Lickable dirty drummer, that Damien. ;)
Jessica
Sep 26, 2016 rated it liked it
While I enjoyed this one a lot more than the last for having less distasteful main characters, the Brown siblings series is still far and above this one. Damiens man whoring past wasn't exactly appealing in a character but i do like that he owned up to it and had very definitively changed even before he met Mary (so we don't have to deal with that nasty woman reforming the bad boy trope). I liked that Mary was fierce and independent, loyal ( at least with her friends), but her trust issues were ...more
Jill
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was provided by Netgalley in exchange of an honest review!

Warning!!!!!

This series makes you hungry. Dozens of descriptions of delicious meals, deserts, the title is right, this book is Lush. I think I may have put on a few kgs while reading.So my advice don't read this book hungry. You will be raiding the fridge or pantry in no time.

I wasn't only panting after food either. Damien Hurley. Now what can I tell you about Damien Hurley.
Bad boy, party boy, rocknroll star, womaniser. Boy meet
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
NetGalley provided this book for me in exchange for my honest review.

Mary is a catering with an exploding career she knows what she wants and does not have time for a serious relationship. Damien is a bad boy rocker; he lives hard and has a new woman almost every night. They meet at a mutual friend’s engagement party and sparks fly, what was supposed to be a one night stand turns into multiple meetings. Damien has to show Mary that he can be faithful and being with him is worth living in the lim
Gabby
Nov 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
Dear Ms. Dane,

To be fair, even though Damien was charming, in a pretty plain manner, I only have a single word to describe this book: flat.

Plot, characters [main and secondary], and this book in general were flat, plain.

Characters were not well delimited, with too way many contradictions; Plot was too predictable.

There were certain moments where I thought: "What was she thinking about?", such as:

A woman he seriously wanted to get horizontal with [Let's be honest: who says this?]
You're so hot. Wo
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
Typical rock star (sex, alcohol and groupies) who falls for a "normal" woman who is not impressed with his status.
His mother is a bitch, I did not like her in Vaughan's book and I still do not like her.

“I think he’s a drummer in a rock band who drinks a lot, parties a lot, has a lot of women and shows up in the tabloids on a regular basis. I don’t even really follow the celebrity news and I know these things. I just have no desire for that. At all.”

They spoke for a little while longer before he
Janna
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-f
Originally posted at Rarely Dusty Books

Genre & Keywords:
M/F Romance, Contemporary, Rock star, Drummer, Food, Friends, Family, Business, Long Distance, Music, Fame

~~~~~
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Heat level: 2.5 out of 3 flames
~~~~~

I don’t read M/F romance novels very often, and I review them even more seldom. And when I do, I’m usually not very adventurous and tend to stick to the authors I know and love (like for example Lorelei James). But sometimes I like to ask my friends for a recomm
Jane Turner

I swear this book had a lot of cheesy stuff ,next time I'll stick with YA books.

When Damien saw Mary

But then he saw her. Dark hair held back from her face though acres of curls strained at their confinement.
She was bent over a counter, slicing a tomato. Her hands glistened against the red flesh. He’d seen women cut up tomatoes hundreds of times over his life and had never actually gotten wood. Until that moment.

When Mary saw Damien

He was a thousand times more arresting in person than he
Jillyn
May 12, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Epicurean romanticists
Shelves: requested, ebook
Mary has no time for a serious relationship. Her catering business is finally taking off, and with the help of her friends she's finally making money doing what she loves. When rock star drummer Damien and Mary meet privately through mutual friends, she takes it as a one night stand. But over time, Damien wants more from her and learns that he'll need to do much more to impress her in order to be more than a fun fling.

---

Meh. I was really anticipating the release of this book, but Lush left me
The BookChick
My Rating: ★★★
GOOD: The characteristics of a 3 star book include: interesting characters, a decent storyline, and unique story elements; there was something about the story that I didn’t completely connect with; the book will never be a star player but definitely made the team. I would recommend to a friend.
Book Description:
Rose
Lauren Dane's "Lush," the third book in Dane's "Delicious" series, was a sweet and steamy read in turns, though probably not quite as steam heavy as the previous book "Tart" was. I only say that because this was more of your traditional erotic title of M/F relations, but they were done quite well in line with the tone of the story. I'll admit this book was a little more difficult to keep up with the various relationships than the previous novel was, but following Mary and Damien's relationship m ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
How does a sexy in demand rock star and a chef make a relationship work? Not easily. It can be a recipe for disaster since Damien Hurley fills up the tabloids with his groupie sex. The proverbial bad boy who sowed his oats now wants to settle down. It's not so easy finding a "good girl" for a real relationship when you're a bad boy. Especially when said good girl, Mary Whaley, already sees firsthand what happens to women married to rock stars. It isn't pretty.

Ms. Dane creates another lovely cont
Patricia
Author: Lauren Dane
Published: April 2nd. 2013
Publisher: Berkley Trade

Series: Delicious #3

ARC acquired through NetGalley

Mary Whaley has made a successful business in catering and overseeing her supper club. After so much hard work, she has everything she's ever wanted.
But when she meets the very hot, sexy Damien Hurley, the attraction kick's inn and she can't deny herself this sweet treat.
As far as Damien goes, living a hard, fast life is good for now. Living the life of a famous rock star is awe
Geri Reads
Mar 25, 2013 rated it liked it
2 1/2 stars

I was really excited to read this book. I mean, who wouldn't? A bad boy rocker and a feisty chef? Count me in! Bud sadly, after a few chapters, my excitement just fizzled out.

There's actually nothing wrong with this book. But -- a big BUT here, there's also nothing spectacular about it. It was just okay. The characters were okay, the secondary characters were okay, everything and everyone was just okay.

The plot had potential but it didn't really reach that *cough* climax *cough* that
Nicci   ☞ Hell Raisin Sugar  ☜

Mary, Mary quite contrary....remember that nursery rhyme? It fits. Mary is contrary in the best possible ways. She doesn't let herself get caught up in Damien's rock star life. She takes it slow (outside of hopping in bed with him, but a woman can only be expected to keep her knees together for so long when faced with a badass, tattoed drummer who's hot as hellfire and carnally gifted). She does her own thing. She doesn't allow herself to become his step and fetch girl. She makes him work for it
♥Trish♥
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-battle, arc
Loved this book. Mary and Damien are a great couple. The sex is stellar. There is so much more to this book. I love all of the relationships and love between the characters.
Damien works so hard for Mary. He does everything he can to prove he isn't the rock star bad boy he was before her. He is super sweet & sexy. This is a must read.

ARC provided by NetGalley.
Deb B
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
these girls are so out there and have the most wonderful relationship. i love reading about their closeness and support of one another and their romances make for amazing reads
Wminbc
Well that was a hot one...good angst that lead to the expected result and the make up sexfest....review to come...
Xan West

I enjoy this series for the strong chosen family relationships, the amazing food details that are just everywhere and make it a satisfying foodie romance, and the chemistry between the characters. I also like having three series of novels linked. (Delicious, Brown Family, The Hurley Boys.) It makes for a lovely long chain of comfort rereads. This is about my 5th read, and it still was enjoyable. Also has lovely moments with characters from the other series, including a wedding.

I appreci
Mary 4 21 Sep 17, 2013 05:00PM
Bisexual women and lesbians in main stream fiction? 2 39 Apr 17, 2013 01:11PM

• Cherished (Delicious, #1)
  • High Passion (Adrenaline Search & Rescue, #2)
  • Stripped (Rock Her Curves, #1)
  • The Winning Season (Feeling the Heat, #2)
  • Three to Tango
  • Party of Three (H.O.T. Cops, #2)
  • Turn and Burn (Blacktop Cowboys, #5)
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
  • Wrecked (Barnes Brothers, #1)
  • Getting Real
  • Trust In Me (Rancho Del Cielo, #5)
  • You're The One (Bad Boys of Red Hook, #2)
  • Rock Bottom (Seduced By The Rockstar, #2)
  • Simply Scandalous (House of Pleasure, #9)
  • Along Came Trouble (Camelot, #2)
  • New Sensation (Curves for the Rockstar #1)
  • Beyond Control (Beyond, #2)
  • Everything You Need to Know
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,

Delicious (3 books)