Start by marking “Одноминутный менеджер и обезьяны” as Want to Read:
Одноминутный менеджер и обезьяны

Одноминутный менеджер и обезьяны (One Minute Manager)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  1,878 Ratings  ·  149 Reviews
Книга преподает азбуку менеджмента по-американски профессиональным рабочим, студентам, домохозяйкам и еще более широкому кругу читателей, желающим обучиться эффективно управлять своей жизнью.
Published 2012 by Попурри (first published 1989)

Be the first to ask a question about Одноминутный менеджер и обезьяны

Daniel Taylor
Managers who use David Allen's "Getting Things Done" approach to managing their workflow will find this book instructive on how to use the same approach in managing employees.

The "monkey" in the title is defined as the "next move" and is separate from the project. Allen built on this with his "next action", the next step you can take toward completing a project that has no other steps before it. In "The One Minute Manager Meets the Monkey", Blanchard offers a system for getting those next moves
Indraroop
Oct 04, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
TL;DR: identify delegation opportunities and delegate. Help your team members grow by giving them responsibility and use your time on problems that are yours.

But then again, why write two sentences when you could write an insufferably long book instead?
Sara Phelps
Oct 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a management book I can recommend whole-heartedly. It was super quick and easy to read, and I got some real-world, applicable tidbits out of it. The monkey metaphor sticks in your memory. Seriously, I applied it the next day at work and offloaded some stress-producing monkeys. It was awesome.
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Years ago, I had read The One Minute Manager and thought it was good but hadn't thought about it in years. Then, one day, I was in a meeting when one of my peers mentions this book about monkeys and I was like what? Whatever. Honestly, I didn't really think much about it since I had read the first one, thought it must have been the same book and kind of dismissed it.

Then, a few weeks later something happens and I've got this issue and I need one of the execs to help me with it. At the end, the
Josh
Jun 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the concepts discussed in the book. I think oftentimes I find myself picking up other people's monkeys and completing them. I think the most crucial part of this book for me in my personal life will be letting my child(ren) deal with their monkeys as far as possible before I intervene (if ever).

Monkey = the next move

Oncken’s Rules of Monkey Management

The dialogue between a boss and one of his or her people must not end until all monkeys have:

1. Descriptions – The “next moves” are identif
Claudia
Mar 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'll be honest and say I didn't actually finish this book. I think there is only one other book on my list that holds that distinction. I found it terribly elementary, embarrassingly so. It's the easiest book to summarize. Ready? Here it is: Delegate.

That's it. I just spared you 144 pages of reiteration laced with simplistic anecdotal examples that no one could possibly find enlightening. I'm concerned that anyone already in the workplace or anyone over 22 could.

Obvious "strategies" aside, I re
Janet
Mar 16, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book for somebody in my company, and like all good books, read it before I passed it on.

This book is humorous and gives you lots of practical ideas for how to respond to efforts by your subordinates and colleagues to delegate their work and responsibility to you. You will learn how to see them coming and to keep the monkey where it belongs: with them.

If you find that you are pressed for time, this book is an important source of ideas to free up your life to have less stress while
Renate
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is aimed at managers, but I think it is useful for parents, team members, people in counseling; really anyone, because you just might pick up other people’s chores or projects because you think it will move things along better or easier or faster. Even if that’s a right assumption, you might create your own pitfall this way.

The examples in this book mostly cover the role of the manager, but give this book a try if you think you sometimes are too helpful for your own good. The message i
Chinara Ahmadova
One book cannot be that much straightforward and easy-read! Great, useful and practical advice for everyone - from business to family on being more effecient in life and galvanizing people around you.
Otsu yee
Oct 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definately a must read for anyone who "can't say no" when asked to take on a task that isn't theirs.
Kevin Anderson
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very quick read. It's to the point and has good advice on prioritization and making sure the work you're doing isn't work someone else could be doing better.
Jos
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: economics
Blanchard ( situational leadership) meets Ocken ( monkey management) and the result is a funny small book that tells the story of a unhappy manager who thanks to insights gathered from the Blanchard methodology ( the one minute manager) realizes that he has to manage his tasks ( monkeys) differently. Excellent to read during a medium long flight and ponder on your own situation: how many monkeys do I have that I really have to bring back to their owners? Thanks to the read of some 150 pages one ...more
Lori-Lisa Van Gelder
Audioboek. Zeer herkenbare situatie: je promoveert tot teamlead en vervolgens neem je alle grote problemen van je team op je. Dit stapelt zich op en op en op en jij bent degene die de bottle neck voor doorstroming is waardoor er minder tijd is voor je "echte" werk. Of je priveleven.

Blachard schrijft al zijn boeken op een kinderlijke manier vol met (dierlijke) metaforen (which you hate or love), maar dit maakt de boodschap (laat je team de problemen oplossen, daar heb je ze immers voor aangenome
Christian
Interesting way of describing delegation and work tasks (as monkeys).

It leaves you with some interesting insights. You should actually aim to make yourself obsolete and remove yourself from operational tasks, although it also points out the weakness in not being in touch with the frontline anymore. So, in essence, it lays a good foundation for how organisations become detached from the reality.
Ahmed Al sanhani
I am amazed by the simplicity of the management techniques explained in this book. They are simple to comprehend yet hard to implement in the real life. However, repetition is the key of perfecting these techniques.
Suhail Khaled
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Helps you in getting time from the tasks in hand.
Mr. Shits
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good advise handling responsibility when supervising employees.
Urvish Patoliya
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Must read for all the managers out their .
It narrates the time management skill by managing the monkeys(next moves).
Many take home points.

Myra
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick read-great book!
Jason
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great, quick read. Deals with delegation of tasks and authorities.
Wayne
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read as part of the new leadership training/mentoring process at work. A fast and breezy read. While it's a little dated in how companies operate, it has simple and useful advice to new managers.
Alison
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy and fast to read, humorous style, had something to take away for probably everyone.
Ali Yildiz
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very interesting book for young manager candidates
George Nagle
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good compliment to the original work.
Stanislav Stoyanov
Interesting point of view on managing.
Useful for beginning managers or managers who work intensively, while their subordinates don't seem to have much work on their hands.
Anna
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna by: Epic
Probably my main problem with this stuff is that it's just really hard to read self-help/management/leadership books without feeling like you're being sold something. That said....

At Epic we often talk about the importance of all clinicians working at their highest level of licensure. Advanced practitioners(NPs or PAs) shouldn't be taking temperatures and rooming patients if MAs can handle it, NPs and PAs should diagnose where they are legally able or when following protocol, and the MDs should
Amanda Linehan
Jul 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very short and simple, but highly effective!

The idea is that, in any work situation, the "Monkey" is the next move to be made on any given project. If you aren't effectively managing your staff, they will constantly "let Monkeys jump on your back" by handing over the next step on a project to YOU instead of coming to you with suggestions for how to move something toward completion. This really resonated with me -- how many times has someone left me with a written report only to hav
Thomas Freeman
I was expecting a lot more from this book after enjoying the original One Minute Manager as much as I have. For what the book shares, it is good. However, I think the basic concept is simple enough to shorten the book drastically or tell the story a bit differently.

Instead of seeing a lot of interaction, this book is written much more from the standpoint of someone telling us what he has learned. This is like a cross between a teaching guide and a parable. It doesn't do as well at either. It wo
Margaret
Feb 14, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: managers
Recommended to Margaret by: Tiffany Sorrell
Basically, if you're the manager and watching your staff "playing golf" on the weekends while you do all the dirty-work...you're not doing something right. This book explains delegation and the importance of creating an effective hierarchy. A good quick read about reminding how to MANAGE rather than do everything yourself because you didn't give others a chance to show their stuff. The basic crux is that others LIKE to be given those opportunities but in management situations we tend to be marty ...more
Melissa Namba
Back when I was an undergrad, I would have had an different opinion. Right now, I feel like there were not enough concrete examples that were given. Anyone who is at the point where s/he realizes that s/he has picked up so many monkeys is going to have a hard time figuring out how to give the monkeys back. What a hard step! This also requires being able (and finding the time and energy) what monkeys belong where. In the beginning, Blanchard discusses how this book could be beneficial to professi ...more
  • The One Minute Sales Person: The Quickest Way to Sell People on Yourself, Your Services, Products, or Ideas--at Work and in Life
  • The Articulate Executive: Learn to Look, ACT, and Sound Like a Leader
  • The Empowered Manager: Positive Political Skills at Work
  • The Pursuit of Wow!: Every Person's Guide to Topsy-Turvy Times
  • What Matters Most: The Power of Living Your Values
  • Focus: Achieving Your Highest Priorities
  • The Art of Focused Conversation: 100 Ways to Access Group Wisdom in the Workplace
  • Execution Premium
  • The First-Time Manager
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • The Time Trap
  • Management Tips: From Harvard Business Review
  • Fish! Tales: Real-Life Stories to Help You Transform Your Workplace and Your Life
  • Managing With Power: Politics and Influence in Organizations
  • Management Challenges for the 21st Century
  • The Fred Factor: How passion in your work and life can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary
  • How to Make Love All the Time: Make Love Last a Lifetime
  • Collaboration: How Leaders Avoid the Traps, Build Common Ground, and Reap Big Results
Ken Blanchard, one of the most influential leadership experts in the world, is the coauthor of the iconic bestseller, The One Minute Manager, and 60 other books whose combined sales total more than 21 million copies. His groundbreaking works have been translated into more than 27 languages and in 2005 he was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.

K
More about Kenneth H. Blanchard...

One Minute Manager (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The One Minute Manager
  • Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Leadership
  • The One Minute Manager Builds High Performing Teams