Start by marking “Because I Could Not Resist (Because You Are Mine, #1.2)” as Want to Read:
Because I Could Not Resist (Because You Are Mine, #1.2)

Because I Could Not Resist

(Because You Are Mine #1.2)

The red-hot romance between Ian and Francesca was ignited in Because You Are Mine Part I—that which comes with the first look, the first caress. Now comes the first act of defiance that takes them one step further into forbidden desire.

A heated argument between Francesca and Ian leaves the impetuous young woman alone again, and free to do whatever she chooses, and with w
ebook, Nook, 53 pages
Published August 7th 2012 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about Because I Could Not Resist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because I Could Not Resist

Melanie♥
Aug 10, 2012 rated it did not like it
By the time I started the second installment, I felt a total disconnect from the story. I had to take the time to re-load part 1 on my reader and read the last few pages to remind myself where the story left off. That is a BIG problem and inconvenience.

I can't stress enough that many readers find this serialization trend extremely off-putting.

The story may have merit, but this method of publishing completely destroys book.

I want to be "in" the story. I want to "feel" the emotions of the charact
~ Becs ~
I’m not what you might think. I’m not a nice man

Ian decides to exercise his fragile control and stay away from Francesca but he cannot resist and when he realises she is about to mar her beautiful skin on a drunken evening by going to an unlicensed tattoo artist with dirty fingernails, he sees red, drags her away to his penthouse and dishes out an incredibly erotic punishment. But he's been missing a crucial fact and, when he discovers Francesca's little secret, she feels rejected and runs fro
Ashley
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm definitely not a fan of reading a book in parts. I like the story but feel like with having to wait between each part I can't connect with the characters completely and forget what happened in the previous book. I really wish she'd reconsider releasing it in part because I don't think I'm the only person not enjoying the 2 chapters per part.
Kate F
Aug 07, 2012 rated it did not like it

It's a shame the way that they are releasing this story. It is senseless price gouging! So far I like the story but 2 chapters at a time is just silly and EXPENSIVE!! I will finish the series but never buy a book being released this way again.
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
★★★★1/2! Because You Are Mine series, book 1-8 of 8. Another whirlwind romance with a dominant & controlling, rich & sexy alpha male hero!

“Because You Are Mine” (Ian’s & Francesca’s story) is an 8-part series, released in the fall of 2012. Combined they make a 368-page read. Please note that the Omnibus will be released in March 2013.
And there will be a sequel to this series, “When I'm With You” (Lucien’s & Elise’s story) to be released in 8 weekly installments starting March 3,
djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket
GREAT STORY HORRIBLE PUBLISHING PROCESS

Okay Beth Kery, I think the story is good, the characters are decent and the steamy 'attempted' sex scenes could hit the right spot.

What dampens my mood about this series is how the author decided to publish it. I can barely connect with the characters or the scenes because just when something important happens Kery ends the book. I would love to say great things about how I'm addicted to the story and wanna pass it along but I can't seem to get past this.
MARQUETTA
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
I don't know if I'm going to continue. I have a serious disconnect with the characters. Is it because it's a full-length novel that's broken into pieces and each new piece is available on a weekly basis? That could be part of it. And I still don't buy into Ian and Francesca's "relationship". For a innocent woman, she jumps into a D/s relationship with Ian with both feet in. And yet she's scared to get a tattoo. For me, it makes no sense. She doesn't know this man. And so far, they haven't had an ...more
Vee
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Having to wait for the next installment, I don't have any emotional attachment with the story. It doesn't have the same impact when you continue the following week. The story is only 73% of the "book/installment". So far there is a strong resemblance to FSOG and Bared to You.
Debbie
3.5/5 Stars
Nooooo! Why are you doing this to me Beth Kerry? WHY?! It was just getting really HOT in here. Now I have to wait till next week.
Gabriela
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Much better than the first one , i'm finaly geting hooked , Ian is finally showing his personality , it's getting goooooood !
Annie
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
4/4.5 STARS

Aaaaaaand the story picks up where it left off on the previous book, right on that #$%&$%& cliffhanger... only to have the first explosion of Ian and Francesca's chemistry interrupted. Can't say I'm surprised.

But don't be alarmed, fellow readers, it's still there -- that chemistry is there, and one certain smexy specimen of a man is going insane with it *sniggers*

Ian pushes Cesca away, but can't resist coming back for more, because he can't resist her (pun intended)! Her innoc
The BookWhisperer
Aug 22, 2012 marked it as books-to-review
Seriously, I think Beth Kery has a contract out to kill me! She ends the story at the best parts!!! My only blessing was this week after finishing part two, I had part three to read. After I finished part three, I was lost. I had no part four.

Part two: This section shows you the domineering side of Ian (and I loved it!) He knows that she is too good for him and he is willing to say or do anything to keep her away but he still drags himself back to her. To me, this part takes off when Ian barges
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Oh.My.Gawwwddddd!!! The torture I put myself through! Again another great installment in this story, this one a lot more intense and sexually charged than the first one.

Beth Kery has created a smoking hot, possessive alpha, sexy billionaire hero that gets my heart racing every time and a heroine that through her innocence she is still not afraid of going after a man with such experience and intensity as Ian.

I am starting to call this series my personal
Mari (Smut Duchess)
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012, contemporary
I'm not sure why authors and publishers are moving toward the serialization trend. As a consumer this trend seems to be a means to increase sales and get as much out of a publication as possible. Even the best written story is gong to suffer from this treatment. If I invest in all 8 installments I'll be 16 bucks in the hole for a story that was doled out 2 chapters at a time.

I think if this had been published as a full length novel the sales and reviews would be better.

I can't give this book a g
Aly is so frigging bored
Ian is such an assh*le!
Sláinte Wanderlust
In this book there is more kink, it is leading in the right direction & the final scene is pretty hot. I am enjoying the book and the storyline. I look forward to the next book.
Sheralee
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Two chapters at a time is not enough! Can't believe I have to wait another 7 days
Laurynne Gouws
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I was extremely hesitant to pick up this series by Beth Kery because I wasn't a big fan at all of her previous book I read, Wicked Burn.

Needless-to-say I ventured into it with wary hesitation. I was at first relieved that each book was a sort of short story that continues into the next. This was good when I discovered this because I realized that if I didn't like it, I wouldn't feel like I had wasted to much of my time.

Well… I worked through the first one and before I realized it, it was finishe
Kandise
Hmm ok now come on. Ian obviously has some issues, this man gets angry for the most asinine reasons, really you're going to get mad because she's just too damn sexy and you can't rip her apart with your cock? whothefuckareyoukidding? Dude wants to cause her physical pain! With his cock! And he is incredibly possessive right out of the gate, when did that become a turn on? Then to add her epic fail at anger? Please, my four year holds a longer grudge!

"She paused but refused to turn around. Humil
Shelly LeCompt
Aug 02, 2012 rated it liked it
So I think this series reading technique is not for me. I just feel like I cant connect with the characters. Right as I am starting to feel some connection/emotion, the part I'm reading ends & it takes another whole week before I can start all over. This might work if it was a second or third book in a series, where I already know the characters & have developed a connection with them & their story. However, the way this story is turning out, I just don't feel like I really understan ...more
Sandy S
Aug 21, 2012 rated it liked it
BECAUSE I COULD NOT RESIST (Because You are Mine #2) by Beth Kery

BECAUSE I COULD NOT RESIST is part 2 in Beth Kery’s Because You Are Mine 8 part enovella series focusing on billionaire Ian Noble and Francesca Arno.

Finding herself alone with Ian was something Francesca had been dreaming about. Better still was his reaction to her defiance. Turned on and ready to duel, Ian wanted to make sure Francesca knew who was in charge. But once again, Lucien interrupted and Francesca would find herself awa
Blanca
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow and OMG. This book is just so erotic that it should top the charts. The first novella Because you Tempt Me was very slow going. I now really do understand the need to set up the plot and introduce the characters. It takes time. So the first novella was not that great but I still gave it 4 stars because the first erotic scene was just so hot. The couple Francesca Arno and Ian Noble are fencing and he being the expert that he is playfully slips his blade under the strap to her tank top and qui ...more
Katya
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Franjessca
Full Review posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

During this installment, Ian punishes Francesca for almost doing the unthinkable. He even gets mad at her roommates for nearly letting her go through with it. Ian though finds out something about Francesca that makes him want to stop what he has with her before it goes too far.
Unfortunately, though there is no stopping the attraction between Ian and Francesca in this novella.
Oh…how I’m glad I waited until every installment is out to read these. I think I wo
Laura Elizabeth
Aug 02, 2012 rated it did not like it
Okay, I had these listed as on my kindle, but truth is, they were on my friend’s kindle, and one day at work mine died, and she was kind enough to allow me to hijack hers.
Well, I found this little read, which made me think I could finish it within a few hours. First, let me say it was a struggle to finish at all- the story is short, yes, but so much so, that you can’t really get to know the characters, and I just didn’t think it was relatable.
Not to mention that its like $1.99 … for what, I as
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡
One word.. AMAZING

I'm in love with this book, I love Ian & Francesca.. they have such a great chemistry together and to think we are only 4 chapters into this mini-series and already it's freaking nerve wrecking/heart breaking.. lol

If you liked/loved/obsessed about the Fifty Shades series then your gonna BE IN LOVE with this mini series from the very first page :D, can't wait for next week Aug 14th to buy/read part III.. Happy Dance whenever it's Tuesday these next 6 weeks. I buy/read them
Emily
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm at a loss on how to rate this book. I just read part 1 & 2 back to back and I have to admit when I look at the definition of the GR stars I did really like it, hence the 4 star rating...BUT...

The 'books' are $2.49 each and are about 45 pages long, you're essentially getting a full length novel in 2 chapter weekly updates. I quite like the idea of reading something in weekly updates like this but if each of the 8 ’books’ are the same price, you end up paying $20 for 350 pages!!!

I can't wo
Noelia
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Lo que más me puede llegar a molestar de un libro es que este inspirado en otro. Porque tendria el maldito interes, de practicamente releer la misma historia. 50 Sombras me hartó, dios, ese libro es horrible aunque seria una muuuy buena adaptacion de una novela brazilera. Me fuí, Este libro es lo mismo que 50 sombras, es leer un párrafo y tener un dejavú.
Punto a favor del libro. La protagonista no es tan exasperante y decerebradamental como Anastansia. Es lo unico que hace soportable leer esta
Mariana Bezerra
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012

Read this review on my blog! --> Book Travels

These two chapters took a very good turn and we can see Ian losing control for a change and get to know more about his family and why he acts so lonely. It was interesting knowing about the past between these two and how it’s connected with the reasons Francesca is working for him now.

The bedroom scenes was really hot and Ian is a very controlled guy even for a Dom, can’t wait to read more of his choices for BDSM. This series is sounding more inter
  • At His Instruction (The Billionaire's Beck and Call, #5)
  • Anything He Wants 5: The Betrayal (Dominated by the Billionaire, #5)
  • For His Trust (For His Pleasure, #5)
  • Confession (Curio, #5)
Beth Kery is the New York Times and USA Today best selling author of over thirty novels, novellas and serials. She writes contemporary romances as well as erotic contemporary romances, her hallmarks being emotional intensity, leap-off-the-page realistic characters and steamy sexual tension.

Because You Are Mine (4 books)
  • Because You Are Mine (Because You Are Mine, #1)
  • When I'm with You (Because You Are Mine, #2)
  • Because We Belong (Because You Are Mine, #3)
  • Since I Saw You (Because You Are Mine, #4)