Start by marking “The Wild Ones (The Wild Ones, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wild Ones (The Wild Ones, #1)

The Wild Ones

(The Wild Ones #1)

**MATURE CONTENT ADVISORY: May not be suitable for younger readers**

Passion as hot as midnight in the South and love as wild as the horses they tame.

Camille “Cami” Hines is the darling daughter of the South’s champion thoroughbred breeder, Jack Hines. She has a pedigree that rivals some of her father’s best horses. Other than feeling a little suffocated at times, Cami thou
Published August 1st 2012 by M. Leighton Books (first published July 30th 2012)

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireAvoiding Commitment by K.A. LindeBared to You by Sylvia DayDown to You by Michelle LeightonOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Hot Covers
1,201 books — 1,426 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLosing It by Cora Carmack
NEW ADULT 2013
1,085 books — 3,659 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Wild Ones (The Wild Ones, #1)
Stacia (the 2010 club)

Present Day

Me : "Looks like the machine is ready. Gonna have to go back in time and kick my own ass."

*climbs into machine*

The Year 2010

2010 Me : "Love, love, love, love! I'm in love with love! WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!" *stops mid-twirl and notices the doppleganger standing in front of her with arms crossed and a gleam in her eye*

2012 Me : "Listen up, former me. You're going to be reading a lot of books over the next couple of years. It's time you start learning how to look past the heart-f
Natasha is a Book Junkie
I’m so perplexed about this book. I just loved the premise of it - a Romeo and Juliet type of romance with cowboy boots and horses - but it left me so unfulfilled and a little bit annoyed.

As fun as the story appeared to be, it was predictable from the very beginning. Girl from a wealthy family - daddy’s little girl - with matching boyfriend and bright future ahead. Boy from poor family forced to put his future on hold to support mother and sister. Girl meets boy, sparks fly and it doesn’t take m
Joy (joyous reads)
I honestly don’t know where to start with this book. I’ve always been a fan of stories that portray a boy from the wrong side of the tracks who falls in love with the rich girl but this one just felt a little too…cheesy. More often, Cami (gah, that name!) sounds like an incredibly sexed-up teenager and Trick (again, that name!) about the same. Just how old are these people, anyway? The only time I saw a semblance of maturity between these two characters was when they are not together. And even t ...more
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Contemporary YA Romance

'Walking to the front of the stage, Trick strums the notes effortlessly. When his solo riff is over the rest of the band chimes in, begining with the heavy beat of the drum. Girls start screaming, guys start hollering and I can't help but smile. I'm really begining to enjoy myself when, all they way across the throng of partiers,Trick looks up and his eyes meet mine. I am a deer caught in the headlights. I am a girl charmed by the
Shelly Crane
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This ARC that Michelle sent me, that I stayed up late to finish while my family slept, had me bawling the whole last quarter of it! A mix of sad and happy.

It was so perfectly proportioned with the angst and romance and background characters and details. I was enthralled and literally cursing myself for not being a faster reader at some spots!

It's perfect for the New Adult genre. I think the reviews will be rave and go on and on about how hot Trick was. Because HE WAS!! Poor guy had to change his
Christy
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Pick 'treat'. Please for the love of God pick 'treat'.

I have to say I loved this one! Couldn't put it down! Trick was just an amazing character with some great lines, you couldn't not love him! Cami was great too and their friends Jenna and Rusty, they were funny and brought a lot to the story! Sort of had a modern day Romeo and Juliet vibe to it.

I will definitely be reading this one again! So good!
Purist
Oct 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
I'm so tired of the themes that go like this

Ooh, hot guy!!!

Ooh, hot girl!!!

**insta-lust***

And she blushes while she is having wicked thoughts. And he spouts corny shitty dialogues.

***hump***

And so I close the book and delete it permanently.
Marie
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
OK. ummmmmmmmmm where DO I start?'

I recently read 'Down To You' by the same author and to say I loved it would be an understatement. So I decided to check out her other work this is what I stumbled across.

Now after one look at that cover I was like 'oh daymn, I'm reading this,'

I wish I could say I loved it, that you get exactly what you think when you take one look at that guys hot body and that it's got one wild story hidden in those pages.

But I can't. Normally I would have loved this ty
Glass
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh.
My.
Clothes off. Now!!!
Review as soon as I start to breath again.
Autumn Review
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, review, arc
Occasionally, a book will come along and blow me away. Well, this was one of those books. I can honestly tell you that this is one of my top books of the year and easily one of my new all-time favorites. I couldn't put the book down. The best word to describe this book is...GORGEOUS! I already want to read it again.

I really, truly loved Cami. I love how true to herself she is. She absolutely can't fight her attraction to Trick and she takes a chance on him. She believes in him, trusts him, and
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
I have to say I loved this book. It was something different that came along, perhaps at the right time, and just sucked me into a story of pure indulgence. The name of this indulgence well that would be the charmingly cocky, quick witted, honourable and sexy man that is Trick. He was the ultimate highlight of the story for me, I do love those Southern boys:

"Pick 'treat'. Please, for the love of God, pick 'treat' – Trick – EPIC

I thought the premise of the book was beautiful. I was drawn into it
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Reviewed at toughcriticbookreviews.blogspot.com

I was a little up, down, and all over the place with this one! When Trick was "up", I was most definitely up too! I was totally vibing the modern day Romeo & Juliet feel it had. GIVE ME MY SIN AGAIN! ;-)

It had some definite four and five-star moments, but it didn't keep me at that level the whole time. But before I go on, I need to jump up on my soap-box and say that three-stars still means it's a good book. I hate how readers are so quick to throw
Katina
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was completely shocked by this book. It was incredibly hot and sweet and completely delicious! Trick was such the bad boy but he was also sweet to his family and had to take on so much for his family. Cami was a great character, too. She was strong and funny and a complete match for Trick. I did not expect this book to be as dramatic as it was. In fact, I thought it would be more fluff. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the book was a good mix of love and drama. I'm looking forward to mor ...more
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The first half of this book was so good. Then when they find out Tricks dad secret it drags. I can't believe any couple will stay apart for that long when yhey love each other. I wish Cami would have tried harder poor Trick was chasing this girl the whole time. I still like how the story ended even though it then was rushed. Any girl will definitely want Tricks treat blushing myself.
S.E. Hall
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I ADORE TRICK!

This book is New Adult GOLD! Trick is everything a bbf should be and the writing and pacing is phenomenal!
Anne OK
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Anne OK by: Amazon.com
Shelves: 2012-reads
3.5 to 4 Stars

When the sins of the fathers and mothers follow their children into the future . . . and those secrets surface . . . will two young lovers overcome the past and find their own path to healing?

New-to-me author M. Leighton has created a highly appealing Young Adult contemporary romance with a sensitive twist that keeps the story moving along at a nice clip. It is written from both the female and male lead character’s POVs which is always a plus for me.

Patrick “Trick” Henley and Cami
Jacqueline's Reads
2.75 Stars

HUGE SIGH…. How do I describe The Wild Ones…. It just did not work out for me

Cami is the daughter of a successful business man, who breeds championship horses. Trick had to leave college to take care of his mother and sister. He takes a job at the stables because he loves horses and his family needs the money. Both are from two different worlds, but can’t seem to stay away from each other.

I’m very disappointed. Basically this is my feelings..

I WAS FALLING ASLEEP!

Okay, the first bit
Wow....what can I say. I LOVED this book. Michelle did a wonderful job with this story. It kept me interested from the first page to the last. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, and I felt the love. Trick and Cami were wonderful characters and I felt their love throughout the story. I also have to say that Rusty and Jenna were awesome characters too, they added a lot to the story. I was also glad to see them get together. Both of them made me laugh, but the loyalty to their friends was wonderful. ...more
Nikki
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cheating
3.5 Stars

Very light, fast read. I liked it, and its a good what I consider "in-betweener" type book. Trick is a hottie that takes care of horses for Cami, our heroine, and works for her dad. It was definitely insta-lust type of deal. I liked the side characters too. They try to stay away from each other but yeah, you know that's not going to happen. Not really a lot of angst but we do get an interesting twist 3/4 in that I really didn't see coming.

Overall, a good read for the beach, plane, just
Jenn
Sep 04, 2012 rated it did not like it

I could not even finish this book and I really tried to make myself finish. I rather go clean my bathroom than finish this book:(
Lisa
4 “Pick ‘treat.’” “Lucky Star” Kisses

I first read The Wild Ones last November and it was my first cowboy book. It was also my first M. Leighton book! She has a very unique style of writing…it’s playful, it makes me smile, it’s very genuine and it’s sexy as hell! Now…take that and combine it with a vivacious redhead and a super hunky hot cowboy with dreamy eyes that I could stare into all day long and there is a recipe for a good time IMO.

Camille Elizabeth Hines...she's beautiful...she's smar
Erin
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of intense love stories!
I was a fan of Leighton's Blood Like Poison series, and I was left salivating after some of the scenes she wrote in To Kill an Angel. When I found out she had written a romance novel, I was so excited to see what she could do when she wasn't so restricted by the invisible boundaries that often come with a YA fantasy series. She definitely did NOT disappoint with The Wild Ones!! I give this one 4.5 stars and a definite recommend!!

This is the story of the sweet southern belle who is swept away by
Dani Morales
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This book by Michelle Leighton is definitely my new favorite book this year! Seriously hands down, Michelle was able to wow me more than her previous works of art. Trust me when I say I love Bo and Jackson, they occupy part of my heart, but damn it if Trick isn’t close to taking it all over! I and some of the other lovely ladies on Twitter, along with Michelle, developed TRICKisms , that’s right , we are completely and utterly smitten with Trick and the book is nothing more if not TRICKt ...more
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Freaking fantastic book!!!

A slow graduate build up but an sweet lovely HEA ending!!

So Cami the daughter of pedigree owner Jack Hines, brought up with money and is secure in everything she knows!! She's no snob though!! She's sweet and thoughfull and beautiful in every way possible!!
She comes back from her summer holidays at college to learn about the famiy business and to ride her horses which is her passion. She has her boyfriend Brent who Jack loves and is the perfect man for Cami according to
Ailyne
Oct 06, 2012 rated it did not like it
I'm sorry to say that this book bored me to death...well obviously not death cause I am writing this review but ...at least into a temporary comatose state.

Don't get me wrong fellow GoodReaders, Trick was one sexy fella. I wouldn't mind finding me one so I could dip him in chocolate and lick him all over; however, this book was the most predictable, redundant, and repetitive book I have read in a while. I see that a lot of you guys liked it, so I guess this one is just a matter of taste.

An
2.5 wild one rating. In my opinion, I had difficulty connecting with the characters. The plot line was a bit flat. The ending left me unsatisfied and wondering there has to be more. I found this book to be for very YOUNG ADULTS. Not an adult read at all. Maybe the next one will turn my opinion about this series around.
Alyssa
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Speechless. This book blew me away. I'm not really one for "horses", "cowboys", "horse racing" types of books, but I'll read anything ms. Leighton writes. This book was incredible. I'm stunned. I can't even describe how I feel right now. GO READ IT!!!!
Starr ♔
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love the characters a lot, but the story was just a bit dragging. Over all it was a nice read. I enjoyed knowing all about horses though this was my second time reading a book that involves horses. Still, this is a must read :)
Tina
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, home
As always, M. Leighton knows how to captivate me:) The ending was perhaps a bit supersweet and in the beginning there were a lot of "Damn, she was hot!", "Damn, he was sexy!", but all in all a very nice story:)
Ashley - The Bookish Brunette
Stop what you're doing and read this immediately!!!!!

(full review coming soon)
cowboys/ranch men 5 56 Mar 02, 2013 09:04AM

• The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
  • Ramsay
  • Storm: La tormenta perfecta
  • Naughty, Dirty, Cocky (Steamy Coffee Collection, #1-3)
  • Ryder
  • Multimillonario & Canalla
  • Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend, #2)
  • Saving Grace (Mad World, #2)
  • Made for You
  • Multimillonario & Rebelde
  • From Ashes (From Ashes, #1)
  • Le llamaban Bronco
  • Love Left Behind
  • Mi dama de compañía
  • Multimillonario & Libre
  • Te regalaré pensamientos
  • While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, M. Leighton, is a native of Ohio. She relocated to the warmer climates of the South, where she can be near the water all summer and miss the snow all winter. Possessed of an overactive imagination from early in her childhood, Michelle finally found an acceptable outlet for her fantastical visions: literary fiction. Having written over a dozen novels ...more

The Wild Ones (4 books)
  • Wild Child (The Wild Ones, #1.5)
  • Some like It Wild (The Wild Ones, #2)
  • There's Wild, Then There's You (The Wild Ones, #3)

News & Interviews

“Pick 'treat'. Please, for the love of God, pick 'treat'." -Trick” 80 likes
“Trick looks up and his eyes meet mine. I am a deer caught in the headlights. I am a girl charmed by the cobra. I am breathless and mesmerized. And then he grins. Just like that, I'm his. Whether he knows it or not.” 32 likes