Start by marking “Caressed by a Crimson Moon (Rulers of Darkness, #3)” as Want to Read:
Caressed by a Crimson Moon (Rulers of Darkness, #3)

Caressed by a Crimson Moon

(Rulers of Darkness #3)

Consumed by madness and tormented by dark memories of blood and death, Hadrian Lucretius, King of the Validus Clan, has returned after living in self-imposed exile for nearly three hundred and fifty years.

To maintain peace with the vampires, Eva Maldonado is offered as a sacrifice to the crazed vampire king by her father, the alpha of the Silveria Shifter Pack. Hadrian’s r
Published January 27th 2013

~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 Stars

Alright, now I was going to just give this one 3.5 half stars but I must say that the last 3 chapters and epilogue convinced me otherwise.

This story intrigued me right out of the gate. It has the mystery the substance. The beautiful but fearfully wounded soul of a hot lead hero and the perfect balance of beauty, grace, innocence and strength in the lead heroine.

What did wear on my nerves a bit, was that these two spent way too much time in their own heads and not quite enough int
texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com
Originally reviewed at http://prufreads.blogspot.com/

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

"A feral beast haunts this castle and...that beast is me."

~Hadrian Lucretius, mad Vampire King of the Validus Clan

**Please note ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review**

Eva Maldonado is a disgrace to her Silveria Shifter Pack. As the bastard half-breed daughter of their alpha Arsenio, Eva is seen as an abomination and is often beaten and starved simply because of her parentage. When Arsenio is challenged
VampireNovelFan
If you want hott, it’s got hott

The third Rulers of Darkness tale presents us with a new hero and heroine. For centuries Hadrian Lucretius, Vampire King of the Validus Clan, has been cursed with dark and violent memories of his past. He’s practically earned the reputation of the seven deadly sins all wrapped into one. Eva Maldonado, daughter of the Silveria Shifter Pack’s alpha, has been offered to him as a gift in hopes of maintaining peace between vampires and their kind. Whisked away to the
Stephanie  G
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hadrian has been battling his inner demon for centuries but with the help of his second he has been fighting back the darkness and trying to make himself the king his people need to lead them.

When Eva arrives at the castle everything changes. Just her close proximity threatens his sanity. He is drawn to her but his inner demon wants her on a deadly level that may endanger her life. Even though his mind tells him he should stay away he can't. There is just something about this luscious woman that
Juliana Chen
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love this book... and the previous one about Dimitri.. :)

Hadrian Lucretius the 'Mad' King of Validus Clan, in process of reclaim his Throne after 350 years of self-exiled (not to forget about his handsomeness and his steel hard body.. the word Mad just evaporating :D)

Eva Maldonado, the half-breed of Jaguar Shifter and more.. being the lowest of the pack for the last 9 years, become an offered sacrifice by his own father to fulfilled the old pact between the Pack and the Validus Clan.

Their first
Jonel
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Greene takes her world of vampire kings and true mates to the next level with this one. She weaves this into a seamless and gripping tale that I won’t be able to forget. Suspense & romance vie with lust & self-doubt in the perfect combination to keep you hooked. Being a visual author, Greene makes it very easy for her audience to picture each and every aspect of their surroundings. It is so easy to picture yourself right there alongside the characters.

I love how we get to meet the shifte
Tracey
I dived into this book one cold Sunday afternoon and finished it at 1.10 am, had to see how it finished!

Eva and Hadrians story pulled me in very quickly and I loved how most part of the book was about their developing relationship, the sexual tension was something else.

Eva is a half-breed, badly treated by her father's pack. Now she's being sent off to live with a vampire a mad vampire at that!

“A monster haunts these halls, little one,” he hissed. “A bloodthirsty, half crazed demon that likes to
Coral
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Plot: 3/5
Characterisation: 4/5
Prose: 3/5
How much I enjoyed it: 4/5
Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
“I do not want you to leave. Please…tell me what I can do to…make you stay. I will do anything....Gods, Eva. I cannot lose you. Please, tell me what I can—”

“Just ask me, Hadrian.”

“Will you stay?”

3.5 Stars

The third book in the Rulers of Darkness series tells the story of Hadrian and Eva. I enjoyed their story but there some times that I felt that things (situations between the main characters) were repeated...

Despite that fact, it was easy enough to be captured by this book.

In this book we get to
Natasha
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it

Caressed by a Crimson Moon is the 3rd installment of the Rulers of Darkness series and my first novel by author, Amanda J. Greene. I hoped to read them in order because I had a feeling they were going to be good, so I'll just have to go re-read the series so I can get the back story and I can enjoy this how it was fully intended. Either way, I'm thrilled to have started this series, finally.

Eva's a half-breed shape-shifter who was taken to live a tortuous life with her father and his pack at th
Marishka
Safety - (view spoiler) ...more
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Carin
Feb 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Caressed by a Crimson Moon is the 3rd in the Rulers of Darkness Series, It can be read as a stand alone novel.

Amanda J Greene has done an excellent job in world building for her Rulers of Darkness series. She integrates many different paranormal species into her world and provides you with the information to understand how they are unique and what binds them together in the world.

Caressed by a Crimson Moon is the story of Mad King Hadrian and a shifter half breed named Eva. We journey from the
Guylene
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Probably my favorite of the Rulers of Darkness books. So much angst and pain. Hot brooding vamp, abused and confused shifter girl with an obscure background. They struggle to fight their attraction - but to no avail. What is meant to be is meant to me. She is the only one who can soothe his beast and he is the only one she wants.
Deelylah Mullin
Feb 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
Caressed by a Crimson Moon brings the reader a fabulous continuation of the Rulers of Darkness series. Ms. Greene brings her characters to life, and allows the reader access to the inner thoughts in a way that respects both the reader and characters. Hadrian, the hero, is DEFINITELY on the list of favorite heroes for 2013!

I think one of my favorite aspects of Caressed by a Crimson Moon is the utter self-loathing both Eva and Hadrian have for themselves. I mean, -zero- self-esteem for these two!
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)
From http://readingandwritingurbanfantasy....

At A Glance
I enjoyed reading Caressed by a Crimson Moon, I just wish more happened.

The Good
Let me start off by saying that I have not read the first two books of this series. I was a bit confused in the beginning and I didn't fully understand some references from past happenings, but overall this can be a standalone book. So I wasn't confused after things got going.

What drew me to this story was the idea of a woman, because of her half-breed shapesh
Alyssa :::Riverina Romantics:::
Soon to be posted at: Riverina Romantics
My Rating: 4 out of 5 ✩
Heat Rating: 4 out of 5 ❤

This series so far has been very good. I’ve enjoyed the stories and learning about the characters and really started to get attached to some of them. Then I found out this story was about Hadrian, and I got excited. Hadrian has been one of those characters that I have really been pulling for and to get his story made me very happy!

Hadrian is the ‘Mad King’. He has come out of exile to reclaim the throne of hi
D. Domain
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
My Impressions: Great Chemistry between Hadrian and Eva. The scene was set, in a very atmospheric and mood isolated castle estate. Hadrian is tortured and angst-filled…over his brother’s death. Eva comes with a background of abuse and neglect. They are both written well, with interesting layers to their respective personalities. So Much potential…and not much else.

The Love Story: Smokin’ Hot…and not for the prudish. But come on….Hot sex and angst are just pieces of a larger puzzle…and a few of t
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amanda J Greene returns to her paranormal series with book 3, Caressed By A Crimson Moon with Hadrian, the crazed vampire king horror stories are made of. Hadrian, who had exiled himself long ago, has decided to come back and take his rightful place as king. In doing so he enacts a long dead treaty with a werewolf pack to bring one of their leaders daughters into his house as his ward. The werewolf leader sends his bastard, half breed daughter, Eva who he wants nothing to do with. Eva has lived ...more
Niina
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had forgotten how much I like Amanda J. Greene's writing, she has a talent of uniting sexy vampires with spunky modern women and creating lots of yummy romance drama! This time though Caressed by a Crimson Moon was lacking the fast pace plot the previous books had. I immensely enjoyed the first and last 20% of the book, they had the drama and the action and the story telling I've come to love from Ms. Greene. The 60% in the middle could have been better. Why, you ask? Well the story seemed to ...more
Rhonda
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when I was asked if I wanted to review this book. I already had this on my wish list with Amazon, so I snatched the opportunity to read it. I love this series and this cover is smoking! Just the cover makes you want to buy the book.

Hadrian is the true definition of tortured Alpha hero. The demon inside of him (his vampire) tortures him with visions of his maker’s past. He has watched his maker kill thousands upon thousands of innocents, raping and pillaging villages. He is haun
Addictive
Feb 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I love Amanda J. Greene and her Rulers of Darkness series. When I read the first book, Caressed by Moonlight which was Dorian and Victoria’s story I was a little skeptical because of the historical setting with paranormal elements. I didn’t know whether I was going to keep reading on. But when I started Caressed by Night, which was Dimitri and Kerstyn’s story I was put back on track so to speak with the timeline. Now, I’m kind of thrown off again with Caressed by a Crimson Moon which is Hadrian ...more
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
I received this book from the author and from Paranormal Romance and Authors that Rock.
Caressed by a Crimson Moon is the third book in the Rulers of Darkness Series.
Hadrian, King of the Validus Clan went into exile for nearly three hundred and fifty years after his brother's death. Now he seeks the reclaim his throne. That is if he can fight back the madness and tormented memories that haunt his mind.
Eva is a half-breed shifter. The lowest of the lows in shifter society. She is given up as a sac
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviews can also be found on my blog at http://vampireswerewolvesfairiesohmy....
My Rating: 4.5
The mad king is back, but is it for good and is he sane enough to be around people? Hadrian, a vampire king, locked himself away the night he killed his brother. Even though he stepped down from being the true king of his clan no one else was elected as new king. Falcon, his second in command, took over duties but was never the king of his people. When Falcon gave Hadrian Dimitri's letter things changed
Annette M Guerriero Nishimoto
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Today's review is on Caressed by a Crimson Moon by Amanda Greene

What can I say about this series that I haven't already said? No matter what, when I grab each book in this steamy and sexy series I just can't put it down. The sexual tension alone tingles my brain as well as my desires. And while some books become boring, the Rulers of Darkness stories just keeps getting better and better, and in my opinion this third installment is the best so far.

In the previous books we learn about Hadrian Lucr
Alisha
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Loved the first book of this series. This one was disappointing. These characters never really develop....they just f**k....nonstop. The sex was way overdone in this book....it just got old and tiring to read. There's only so much of seeing the words "cupped her breasts", "slick core", etc I can take. I just felt their relationship was extremely one dimensional. Eva has at least 10 orgasms every time they get it on, they even f**k for 24 straight hours when she's "in heat". This story summed up. ...more
Rachel V.
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
Ohhh, I loved this book too. This is fast becoming one of my favorite vampire series.

Hadrian is just the right blend of tortured and vulnerable. He struggles daily with his demon but so far has prevailed. Eva is a half-breed shifter. She believes that she is inferior to all other species but she is unaware of just how special she is. Eva is a very strong girl to have put up with her father’s pack after they kidnapped her once her mother passed away.

Again the author pulled together two characters
D.E.
Feb 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I made a bit of a boo boo when I agreed to review the Rulers of Darkness. I thought I’d only have to read one novel, but it turned out to be three. Oops! But once I started reading, I was hooked. The first story, which I thought would be the least interesting, was actually my favorite. Victoria was easily the strongest woman of the three and Dorian was my favorite vampire. Although he waffled for a while about his future with Victoria, his indecisiveness was minor compared to Dimitri and Hadrian ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march-2013
Caressed by a Crimson Moon is a great story that has two of my favorite things in it Vampires and Shifters. Plus it has romance and sex, lot's of sex. I have not read the first two books but I have to say that after reading this one I will definitely be reading them. I want to thank FMB Tours for allowing me to be on this tour and allowing me to read such a great book. I love Holly's taste in books because we have the same and when it comes to reading about the paranormal world everything is pla ...more
Kelly
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
My love affair with damaged, tortured heroes continues unabated! Hadrian is... umm, cracked might be a nice term. I mean, he wasn't doing so well when we came across him in the previous book. At least he's mostly sane now. Or... he mostly tries to be sane with only minor periods of crazy. That's a step up! But really, with everything he's been through and the guilt he's been carrying around for AGES, it's no wonder that he's a little off kilter. Poor guy.

The way Eva's treated by the Pack is awfu
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Bound Angel
  • Forever  The Power of One (The Forever Series, Book 1  2): A Why Choose Fantasy Romance
  • Escape (Vampire King, #1)
  • The Accidental Groupie (The Accidental Groupie, #1)
  • Immortal Distraction (The Immortals, #2)
  • The Vampire Pendant  (Blood Genies, #1)
  • Soul Redeemed (Sons of Wrath, #4)
  • Retribution (Dominion, #3)
  • Dark Wine & Dark Blood (The Two Vampires, #1-2)
  • Cursed Ever After (Eternal Vampires)
  • Trapped (Legend, #3)
  • Her Own Best Enemy
  • Dark Rapture (Beautiful Creatures, #1)
  • Gabriel (Marius Brothers #7)
  • In the Light of the Moon (Dark War Chronicles #1)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • Blood Legacy (Blood Legacy, #1)
  • The Vampire Affair (The Vampire Affair, #1)
Amanda J. Greene is the author of the captivating Rulers of Darkness and the enticing Under Realm Assassins series. Fans of Nalini Singh’s, Gena Showalter, and J.R. Ward will fall in love with Ms. Greene’s dangerously sexy heroes and strong, kick your teeth in heroines.
She lives in Southern California with her supportive military husband and their two fur babies—a sweet cocker spaniel and a rambun

Rulers of Darkness (5 books)
  • Caressed by Moonlight (Rulers of Darkness, #1)
  • Caressed by Night (Rulers of Darkness, #2)
  • Caressed by Shadows (Rulers of Darkness, #4)
  • Caressed by the Edge of Darkness (Rulers of Darkness, #5)