Start by marking “Blue Murder (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blue Murder (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #2)

Blue Murder

(Lord and Lady Hetheridge #2)

Two Dead Men

In London’s fashionable Chelsea, a Halloween bash goes terribly wrong. Emmeline Wardle, daughter of a frozen foods baron, throws a party which results in the demise of two university schoolmates. Handsome golden boy Trevor Parsons is dead. So is pasty computer nerd Clive French. Both died on the Wardle estate within minutes of one another, and both died the sam
Paperback, 1st Edition, 200 pages
Published June 24th 2012 by Lyonnesse Books

To ask other readers questions about Blue Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Murder

Ingie
Review written May 25, 2017

3 1/2 Stars - A second good enough in this series. Will continue.

Book #2

Enjoyed listening to the first, #1-Ice Blue (3.6 stars), and then immediately started this second. — Reading by myself this time.

May: Got the audiobook (7:14 hrs narrated by a old favorite by me, Matthew Lloyd Davies).

**********************************************

Blue Murder is the #2 part in the Lord and Lady Hetheridge series. Procedural mystery / crime fiction, with a added romantic (in the of
Lea
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
This is not a very good book on several levels.

First, the mystery part. While it's not quite the-butler-did-it simple, the story and the new characters are not fully developed. It is only 200 pages or so and it feels like the author had no ability to develop the mystery nor the people beyond a cardboard cutout.

Second, the romance part. The first book in the series had a good premise. A relationship mismatched on so many levels that their story could be taken to several different directions. The
Patricia
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
After the first book in this series (and my not very flattering review, I'm afraid), I tried the next one. Wow, what an improvement. I'm giving it 4* because Emma Jameson walked the walk - she found someone who can give her the Brit speak to make this more readable, the writing has improved dramatically and the story line, whilst a bit OTT, was still interesting and kept my interest. I'll keep an eye out for the next one. Well done, Ms Jameson!
Lori
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: winner-goodreads
I won this book on GoodReads.
A great read! I stayed up all night to finish it. I must confess, I have a weakness for British policemen, especially When they belong to the aristocracy. I will certainly find the first book in the series and look forward to the third one coming in the new year! I will recommend this book to my friends.
Terri
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-5-stars
I didn't know what to expect when I started reading this cozy mystery. I picked it up from BookBub so I was prepared for anything. But this was a pleasant surprise. I loved the murder plot and I loved the interactions between Kate and Tony. I would definitely be open to reading the other books in this series.
Mo
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brit-lit, series, 0-dl-tb, 2018
There was not that much interaction between Kate and Tony. This needed more romance and less procedural.
Daniella Bernett
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emma Jameson spins another engaging and entertaining mystery. The murderer is no match for Tony and Kate. They are a perfect pair, professionally and romantically. I'm so delighted I discovered this wonderful series.
Diane
Aug 04, 2012 rated it liked it
I found this book quite well written and a fast easy read. I won this book on Goodreads. I'm always interested in new authors of books and love a good mystery. This author was new to me and found that I enjoyed her writing. I'm glad I was given a chance to read her. I just had to finish this book and find out what happened. Miss Jameson kept me really interest in the story.

Her main character of Tony, Kate and Paul just seem to mix well together and with the other characters. I was able to get to
Joanne
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With the return of Chief Superintendent Anthony Hetheridge, Detective Sergeant Kate Wakefield, and Detective Sergeant Deepal Bhar I was transported to a present day London crime scene. Besides attempting to solve the two Halloween party ax murders before my favorite crime trio,I loved reading the details of the developing romance of Anthony and Kate.
Book 3 of the Lord & Lady Hetheridge series: "Something Blue" will be released January 2013...I can't wait to read it!
Susan
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In Chelsea, London a Halloween party goes badly wrong when two young men are found dead. The deaths are investigated by Chief Superintendent Anthony Hetheridge, Detective Sergeant Kate Wakefield, and Detective Sergeant Deepal Bhar.
Didn't really like any of the characters.
UltraMeital
Though this is not my go-to genre, it's so fun and witty, the interaction between the characters and the pace of the crime solving I find that I don't mind that the romance if any is moved WAY back stage. I simply enjoyed this one as it is and can't wait to continue on with the series. I loved that this one we didn't get just Tony and Kate's POV but also Bhar's - I liked him in the previous one, so seeing inside his head was great! I had a better time with the crime in this one, though I was FAR ...more
Jane
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the first book, and this is the theme of my reviews for this series. But still pretty entertaining as Tony and Kate's romance progresses, Bhar clowns around and crime happens.
Laurie Way
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am enjoying this series! Great characters and backstory. I solid mystery that keeps you guessing!
Rebecca
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
loved this. A great mystery, which I did not figure out until the end. More wonderful banter between Tony, Kate, and Paul; what a great team they are. (view spoiler) ...more
pinK
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I received this book through a First Reads giveaway.

At first, I was a bit put off while reading this novel. I personally use only a small amount of slang, so I have enough problems understanding American slang. Trying to figure out British slang proved to be difficult for me, and I felt silly asking my husband what crisps are.

Eventually, I was able to follow the slang, and I'm so glad I worked through the confusion. I loved this mystery. This novel was very well written, with vividly built chara
Vicky
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of Blue Murder by Emma Jamerson from Goodreads.com and LOVED it.

What happens when the privileged have secretes and lives to die for? Murder. A double murder to be precise. Now it’s the Met’s job to solve the case lead by Lord Hetheridge and his team.

Once engrossed in the book I found it hard to put down. The plot was well thought out with many twisted suspects and plenty of secrets to hide. The three main champions solving this murder were engaging and endearing. The dia
Joan
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This second book was marginally better than the first and focused more on the working relationship with Tony, Kate, and Paul. Sharada, Paul's mother, has a mire prominent role in the story and while she may be entertaining in small doses, her character can quickly become another Indian-British stereotype. The villain, Sir Duncan, is rather sinister and has fixated on Tony and his team. Sir Duncan is as evil a nemesis as Sherlock Holmes' Moriarity. I have a feeling that he will be a continuous an ...more
Allison
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
The lovely Ms. Jameson provided me with this copy for free, no strings attached.

This book focuses more on Kate’s and Paul’s backgrounds and what makes them tick. Of course the romance between Kate and Tony deepens as well. Paul’s mother is a delightful addition to the series that makes me smile every time. This time we get more time with the villain that was also present in the first book and learn how truly nasty he is as well. The character development is well done and interesting.

Once again t
Jack
Sep 14, 2012 rated it liked it
The second book in a series. Lord Hetheridge is a rarity, a peer who also works for Scotland Yard as a detective. He's in the process of falling in love with, and (we presume) eventually marrying one of his subordinates. Together, they solve murders. It's not quite as Scooby-do-ish as it sounds.

The murder myster is pretty well laid-out, with enough red herrings to make it difficult. Hacking two college students to death at a Halloween party with identical axes is a good start to a murder investi
Rebecca Emin
Blue Murder has a little bit of everything. There are some spots of humour, some great 'wow' moments, but mostly this book has a fantastic storyline and characters, and is a gripping read.

The three main characters are interesting as individuals but I also enjoyed the way they exchange ideas with each other, and you can see their relationships developing as time goes on.

This author is a new discovery for me and I am keen to read the first book in the series now, so I can discover more about the c
Marsha
Jul 15, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This was a quick read for my Kindle. I was engaged without being puzzled by the plot. The characters are pleasingly diverse and it was a good book to read at night before bed - fairly brainless entertainment. Don't know if Emma Jameson has a third entry in the series, but I'd buy it to read on my Kindle.
Kirsten #NeverAgainIsNow
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Finally, the second in this series! I waited and waited and it was all over in 24 hours! Now I am bereft as I have to wait until next January.

However, book 2 was very good. Once again, the murder squad is faced with another murder and "posh" suspects. The crime was well plotted and the characters are a lot of fun.

Can't wait for book 3.
Alisa
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you like cozy murder mysteries -- especially those involving coppers on "the other side of the pond" in England -- this second installment in the Lord & Lady Hetheridge series does not disappoint. Humor, romance, a good mystery. All a very satisfying read. Looking forward to book 3.
Tara West
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I just loved the interaction between Tony and Kate. Lots of nefarious characters in this murder mystery, enough that I was guessing who done it until the end. Bhar and his mother made me laugh out loud several times. My only complaint is that book three isn't available yet.
Bridgid
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An engaging follow-up to Blue Ice, this mystery is a true page turner and the personal stories are captivating. I really enjoy the developing relationship between Hetheridge and Kate. I'm looking forward to Something Blue in January 2013.
Pamela Shropshire
Sep 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: want-to-reread
After getting the first book as a free download and enjoying it, I bought the next 3 books. Again, I quite enjoyed it. The author did a good job of developing the returning characters, particularly Deepal Bhar, who I really like. Engaging murder mystery. 3.5 stars.
Darlene
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this as much as the first one in this series. A fun read. I look forward to the next book in the series due out in February.
J Bussey
Sep 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Short, need to read the first one to understand some of the character interactions. Too easy an answer to the mystery, author focused more on the characters than the plot.
Melissainau
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this one quite a bit, probably even more than the first. Hoping for a sequel.
Delia Binder
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately, this is the book that introduces recurring villain Sir Duncan Godington - Baronet, Environmentalist, Charismatic and Brilliantly Inventive Serial Killer. (Because we haven't seen enough Hannibal Lecter analogues in fiction already....) After getting away with a brutal triple homicide, thanks in part to series regular DS Depal "Paul" Bhat having had an affair with one of Sir Duncan's protégés, who apparently spilled the Crown's case to Sir Duncan's defense team, thus getting him of ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Paperback edition of Blue Murder 3 16 Jul 18, 2012 05:17PM

• Dandy Detects (A Victorian San Francisco Mystery #1.5)
  • An Act of Deceit (Sarah Woods Mystery Series, #2)
  • Murder in Containment (New Scotland Yard/Doyle and Acton, #4)
  • Trowchester Blues (Trowchester Blues, #1)
  • Knights Out (City Knight #4)
  • Love, Charleston
  • Fury (A Kate Redman Mystery: Book 11)
  • Shadows of Death (Dorothy Martin #14)
  • The Riddle at Gipsy's Mile (Angela Marchmont Mystery #4)
  • Brilliant (Kick Keswick, #1)
  • Heart To Hart (Gaslight Mysteries, #1)
  • The 13: Fall (The 13, #1)
  • Dead Light District (A Sasha Jackson Mystery)
  • Tread Softly (DI Beatrice Stubbs, #3)
  • The Paris Directive
  • Medium Dead (Dr. Alexandra Gladstone #4)
  • Shooting Stars and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin - Book 3)
Also known as S.A. Reid.

Lord and Lady Hetheridge (5 books)
  • Ice Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #1)
  • Something Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #3)
  • Black & Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #4)
  • Blue Blooded (Lord & Lady Hetheridge #5)
“Yes. Mind you, sociopaths experience many of the same needs we all do," Hetheridge continued. "They attend school, maintain jobs. I believe they can even love, in the way little children love—a combination of wanting and demanding. But sociopaths have no conscience, no innate sense of responsibility toward others. They cannot believe other people have separate lives beyond the sociopath's own needs and expectations. Sociopaths are incapable of empathy, though the more intelligent ones are frequently able to fake it. And that's the key.” 4 likes
“radio. As Hetheridge and Bhar moved closer, the constable angled his torch at the ground,” 0 likes