Start by marking “Twenty-Six Roses” as Want to Read:
Twenty-Six Roses

Twenty-Six Roses

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
After the tragic death of her father, fifteen-year-old Kara Spencer feels lost. Unsure what her future holds, she obediently follows when her mother moves her and her younger sister to a new home in a new town.
While exploring their new house, Kara and her sister find a magical secret that may prove deadly. With her sister’s life hanging in the balance, will Kara be strong
Published June 21st 2012 by Kindle Direct Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Twenty-Six Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twenty-Six Roses

Ashley Drake Gephart
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read young adult books now that my daughter is older, but I heard that a fellow Nanowrimo writer had written this and thought I would at least check it out. I was pulled into the story from the start. The story follows Kara Spencer as she finds her way in her new home after the death of her father.

Tamara does a great job of pulling you into the story. Her vivid descriptions allow you to feel you are right there with Kara as she makes her journey. I can only hope there is a sequ
Brooke
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Even though this book was not very long, I think it had enough adventure, mystery, magic, and romance to sustain my needs :) Hoping there's a sequel!
Chelsea
Aug 03, 2014 rated it liked it
More reviews available at my blog, Beauty and the Bookworm.

Things this book does not have to do with:

-Twenty-six roses
-A person who is a "Keeper's Daughter"

The roses are very, very briefly referred to at the end of the book. But unless the main character, Kara, is not actually the main character, I can see no reason that this series is called "Keeper's Daughter." Shes' 15, so she clearly doesn't have a daughter, and she's apparently also not the daughter of the person who formerly held the titl
Colleen
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Had the pleasure of meeting the author at GenCon13. In fact I stood in front of her table and read the first chapter out loud to passers by! Sorry it took me so long to get around to reading this Tamara.

I did enjoy the journey. Started with a tragedy that worked through all the mixed emotions. Although the main character is a teenager and I'm far from being one (eh, she still lives within) I was taken with her into the mystical realm.

I did come away with many questions and can only hope there ar
Elisabeth Alba
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I met Tamara Vann at Gen Con and got a copy of the book. I just read it and it made my commutes to and from work go by quickly. Couldn't put it down! It's a very well written fairy tale; a unique storyline that is still reminiscent of the classics. I was left wanting to read more and learn more about the world and it definitely ended with the hint of a sequel. I just read that a sequel is in the works, and I'm glad!
Leigh Kimmel
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A delightful adventure story

I know I would've loved this short novel when I was in fourth or fifth grade. One of the biggest problems with kids' chapter books is that they're chosen by adults according to what they (editors, librarians and parents) think they ought to like. Kids don't care whether the story is tightly plotted with perfectly turned sentences and logical world building. They just want their stories to be FUN, with cool adventures in an exciting world. And once you get past the in
Karin
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
Had trouble getting into this. Kara felt Much younger than 15. I will most likely read the next one as the story itself was interesting.
Pop Bop
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
"Alice in Ozzer-erland" - in a Good Way

The "Alice" part comes to mind as our heroine, Kara, passes through a looking glass into a fantastic alternate world populated by bizarre humanoid creatures, many of which are recognizable animals from our world. The "Oz" part relates to her noble quest to go somewhere in this strange land to get something essential. But that's not a diss; heck that's the plot of the Iliad and the Odyssey.

The thing is that this was a surprisingly original, satisfying, well
Rebecca Walter
Mik
Heatherly
May 27, 2015
Klasina
rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2014