Start by marking “One Petal Flower” as Want to Read:
One Petal Flower

One Petal Flower

Darian Moon would give anything to be close to Jonas again. Despite reassurances from a friend that her late boyfriend is still around, she is willing to sacrifice everything to be with him, even her own life...
Two forces, motivated by different goals, wage a battle for her heart and soul, leaving Darian to decide which route to take in order to get back to the boy w
Published July 14th 2012 by Kristi Ayers

To ask other readers questions about One Petal Flower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Petal Flower

Start your review of One Petal Flower
Javier Robayo
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I won't claim to be a fan of this new genre of Paranormal Romance, but I am a fan of a good story where the characters are memorable and your emotions get pushed and pulled. Should you agree with me, I highly recommend One Petal Flower.
Darian Moon is the epitome of a jaded teenager, and with good cause. Miss Ayers explores strong emotions, the aftermath of losing a first love. Something bound to irreparably damage a young soul. What if we had someone that could give us one last glance, one
Courtney Moctezuma
5 Star Read!

I thoroughly enjoyed this read! It was very complex, well thought out, and well written. I highly recommend it. This story will have you reeling from page one.
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
"This flower I give to you has one petal because I never want you to question my love for you. If you pick the petal off you will be able to say 'he loves me' as there are no other petals for you to say 'he loves me not'."

Darian has recently lost her boyfriend, Jonas, in a terrible accident. Now she is shipped off to live with her grandmother while her parents start new lives for themselves. Here Darian will have to decide if the life she has is worth living for…or will life be bette
Maureen Miller
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started this book, and I was so saddened for Darian. To lose anyone is devastating. To lose your first love at such a young age...my heart went out to her. In her quest to ease the pain in her heart, Darian begins a journey that only the strongest of souls can survive. And she has a strong soul. The author did a wonderful job of surprising me with this book. A couple of chapters in and I was starting to predict the ending, but oh no no...the author was not going to make it that easy on me. I w ...more
Tbird London
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-books
**** Purchased this book on my own, review posted on Beyond the Valley of the Books blog****

I saw some people talking about this book on Facebook and was intrigued. I purchased it right after I read the synopsis, not prepared for everything this author had planned. What drew me in was a 17 year old girl, one of the few who understand what true love is, the kind that is meant to last a life time and the heart break that occurs. This love is what will either help her survive or lead he
Holly (Holly's Reading Hollow)
May 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: readers who like short romance/paranormal
Posted at: http://hollysreadinghollow.blogspot.c...

**Disclaimer: Kristi Ayers gave me One Petal Flower in exchange for an honest review. I was not paid to review this and all thoughts are my own and subjective.

My feelings toward this book are kind of conflicted. There were aspects that I liked about it, but if one big thing had been changed, I think it would have been so much better: I wish it had been more drawn out.

The content was good--I liked the paranormal topic, the basis of each character, the imagery--but becau
Christy Campbell
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One Petal Flower is a wonderfully written debut novel by Kristi Ayers, about a young woman, Darian, haunted by her true love in a unique fashion that leads her on a very intriguing journey of finding out who she really is inside, and out.

First, I am a huge fan of paranormal/ghost love stories so I couldn't wait to get started on this one. The phrase that immediately grabbed me and held on was in the beginning of the book, Darian's dead boyfriend, Jonas, tells her, "I miss you Dari."
Nanette Bradford
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it

Wow right. What girl wouldn't love to hear this by tho one person she loves the most. I sure would. I'd be his instantly after that.

One Petal Flower. How do I begin? Darian's love Jonas is unexpectedly killed in a motorcycle accident. One minute they are alone with
Jen Minkman
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh, this was such a cute book! I was alerted to it by the author, because her story features Native American and paranormal elements, and my own book does too! I'm glad I got to read One Petal Flower. In this case, the story is set in Oklahoma and features a half-Native American girl with a tragic past (Darian's boyfriend died recently), a cute Native American guy (Chayton) and his somewhat dark-side sister Nova. The book reminded me of Elizabeth Chandler's early work (ghost stories with sweet r ...more
Lindy Spencer
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One Petal Flower is not the book I was expecting, and not in a bad way. I expected a love triangle of sorts; what I wasn't expecting was to be drawn into a world where the potential for paranormal is all around, seen or unseen, and our minds are brought to the edge of that precipice time and time again.

Darian Moon's boyfriend, Jonas, leaves this world before his time. As people with unfinished business are apt to do, he doesn't want to cross over immediately and prefers to stay for a
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've ever read by Kristi but it is wonderful. Although werewolves and vampires have been increasingly popular in the past few years, she created an original story line that I enjoyed reading. For the record, I didn't think about Twilight once. :] Darian is a unique character that I connected with very quickly. Her thoughts at many points in the story were not unlike mine, so it made it even easier for me to understand her actions. The only negative thing I have to say abou ...more
Nancy
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! it was constantly moving and changing and leading me down one path only to change directions! Kristi Ayers is a poet... and she paints a picture so vivid... makes you want to be there! The story has a couple unanswered questions.. but it doesn't detract from the overall book... I don't want to say too much.. I went into it only knowing she wrote paranormal..and in the beginning thought maybe she tried a different genre with this book. Turns out I was just impatient... the stor ...more
Sharon Kay
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great young adult paranormal read that contained werewolves, ghosts, and a revenant (a zombie-like creature). Although it was only 195 pages, it was still a book that grabbed my attention and I didn't want to put it down. I loved how some of the characters were Native American and the setting was in Oklahoma. It was a love story that took a turn that I didn't see coming, which made it unique and unforgettable. A must read for anyone who likes paranormal love stories.
Kevin Travis
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really, really liked this book. I finished it within a few days.
This is the first ParaNormal Romance book I have read, but it won't be the last.
The characters were intriguing. The storyline was great. The writing was exceptional.
Kristi did a tremendous job!! I'm looking forward to her next book!!
Suzanne
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
In a time when so many paranormal romances are mere variances of The Twilight Saga, Ms. Ayers put a lot of thought into creating something more original. Definitely a story anyone who's lost someone before their time can appreciate. The added paranormal elements have substance and a certain turn took me completely by surprise. A job well done told in a fresh, contemporary voice.
Stephanie Grant
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was a quick read!! It is way different then any other supernatural story I have read!
Jeanie
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was riveted by this book & wanted to know more, so I read all day! Very sweet relationships & some realy scary ones! We have a new type of paranormal "monster". Very good read.
Cassandra
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
it was a good story. but think it should have been longer and less use of large words. the ending just kind of ended
Carrie
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I loved it! Good job Kristi!! Can't wait for your next book!!
Natasha Larry
Review to come!
Falling In Fall Book Blog
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-read-shelf

I rated One Petal Flower by Kristi Ayers FIVE LEAVES!!

I am utterly floored that this is Kristi Ayers' debut novel. The author has a great story telling ability. She is able to tell the story effortlessly and all the while keeping the reader's interests at bay. This novel wa
Heather Studer
Bonnie Hilligoss
Aug 31, 2012
S.R. Mitchell
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book draws you in and keeps the reader wanting more! This is a very well written book and I loved this story! I really enjoyed Darian and could connect with her character. I can't wait to read what happens next with Clayton and between Montana and Darian! ❤
Jodie
Jul 06, 2015
Kristi Ayers is the author of One Petal Flower and Nev. She lives in Oklahoma with her husband and two kids. When she isn't writing she is working as a Registered Nurse or investigating the paranormal.