Start by marking “My Liege of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #3)” as Want to Read:
My Liege of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #3)

My Liege of Dark Haven

(Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #3)

Threatened by university cutbacks, Professor Abigail Bern’s only hope is to publish a provocative research paper--soon. Planning to covertly observe behavior in the notorious Dark Haven BDSM club, she takes a receptionist job. When the owner calls upon her to assist in a demonstration, she’s appalled. Then fascinated. Under the unyielding hands of the master known as my ...more
Published August 28th 2012 by Loose ID

Start your review of My Liege of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #3)
~ Becs ~
5 deliciously erotic stars

OK, so I know that it’s only release day and I’m already writing a review but you should know that I’m several lines of longitude ahead of you American reviewers so I started this book while you were all still sleeping. I spent all day reading it – in fact, I practically DEVOURED it. Who needs to eat anyway?

Cherise Sinclair is absolutely the Queen of the glitterkink BDSM romance novel and this is no exception. She’s my favourite author in this genre, her releases are
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.25 stars***

Unfortunately this one falls into the "it must be me" category. High ratings and great reviews, but I found myself reading more to just get to the end rather than feeling invested in the story.

Abby's fear of yelling and making other's upset just didn't connect with me. I found myself more annoyed than sympathetic.

Also, her interactions with Xavier didn't feel organic. Throughout the book Abby has body issues and low self esteem, yet she whips off her clothes and participates in
Dee
Re-read September 2014 and loved it just as much this time.

January 2013 - 5 Stars

I have thoroughly enjoyed this whole series and have given them all high star ratings but I thought this was the best of them all and well deserved it's 5 star rating!...I also thoroughly enjoyed the Shadowlands series and Ms Sinclair has become an auto-buy author and I look forward to any future releases.
Syndi
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
I found this book is my least favorite of all the series. I have a problem with the character. Abby. See she wants to experience BDSM. When she assigned to Xander, she plays hard to get in the most annoying way. Her inner dialog always tell her to say no, but yet her body wants it. I do like damsel in distress in romance book, what is sad is that the story nor the plot making me sympathetic with Abby.

The BDSM sex is also repetitive. I got bored and skip the audio book. Miss Sinclair is my go to
Cyn Mistress Kitty
5 +++++

I have been waiting a Long time for Xavier's story and I was NOT disappointed.
My favorite book of CS is Make Me, Sir and after her last book which was a little too dark for me, I was wary. I frickin' LOVED this book and could hardly put it down and am now sad that it is over. I am in love with Xavier who reminds me of Master Z of the Shadowlands btw. I thought it was interesting that both men have first names that have a "z" sound. Xavier is so many things. Sexy, sweet, caring, a little
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
I have no idea why I haven't marked this as read. I liked the first two books more than this one.
The heroine was annoying. Her insecurities make the most annoying trope in any romance. There is even an unavoidable big misunderstanding: he did something, she thought something else and such. This time and in this book I was not in the mood. As for her being 'intriguingly intelligent', think again. She is intelligent only because we are told she is. And that ending at a party was ridiculous. I
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

My Liege finally meets up with the submissive woman he wants to keep!

Xavier is the owner of Dark Haven BDSM club. Like any sexy experienced dominant, submissives are throwing themselves at him. Xavier tends to keep his women in separate categories. There are ones for him to take to public functions, ones he trains with at home and ones he uses at the BDSM club only.

Abigail is new to Dark Haven. She's there with a dual purpose. She hopes to learn more about BDSM for a personal as well as a
Pam Nelson
I enjoyed parts of this book. I felt like Abby was two different people. In her head, she was very insecure but outwardly she is strong. That was a little confusing to me. How can you be both?

The kink was great, all those scenes were fine, I guess I just have read racier things and they kind of felt a little tame.
My favorite part was the war games, that was a nice little twist on everything.

Though not letting her explain herself when they are all about communication kind of peed me off just a
Maria Dimitrova
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Goodreads says this is my second time reading this when in reality it's more like the twenty-second. *looks guiltily at all the books sitting on the to-be-read shelf*

Cherise Sinclair's books are a favourite escape for me when the going gets rough because there's always that one scene that will make me cry and purge all the negative thoughts from my mind. And right now I really, really needed that.

However, I made a slight miscalculation when picking MLoDH. You see usually I reach for this
Becca
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This story started somewhat slowly for me. For the first half I had the sense I was reading the same story I've read many times before. Overlooked, under appreciated, but warm hearted and intelligent Abby, enters Dark Haven with little to no knowledge of BDSM and is immediately noticed by the Master of Masters, My Liege of Dark Haven. Xavier (My Liege) is sizzling hot, mouth wateringly dominant, and insanely wealthy. It was good, I love this type of story ever since reading Cinderella as a young ...more
Nia
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My Liege of Dark Haven is going on my Best of the Best list. 5 well deserved stars! My Liege of Dark Haven is the story of Xavier and Abby. They are both intelligent, witty, and successful but have issues in their past that they need to work out before being able to commit to each other. He is the millionaire owner of the Dark Haven BDSM club. She is a professor doing research for a paper.

HOT! HOT! HOT! The sex was great! One word: FUNISHMENT. Hot scenes, chemical play, orgasm machines, role
Nikki Sex
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, romance
Who wouldn't LOVE a sadist? LOL!
As much as I love a story set in a BDSM club environment, I do like to see people engage in a normal lifestyle outside a club. Our heroine, Lindsey has a secret, and you finally find out what it is in this book. Other Dark Haven characters make an appearance too and it's fun to catch up. As per usual, Cherise Sinclair writes a great book.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Professor Abigail Berns is under quite a lot of pressure. As the threat of losing her job is upon her, Abby jumps headfirst into her last ditch attempt to save her position. She wants to publish a paper on BDSM, but first, she must find people who live the lifestyle that are willing to let her observe them while they engage in their kink. Though Abigail had a boyfriend who is a Dom, she and him have recently broken up. Left with no other option, Abigail goes to the BDSM
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I'm not going to rehash the blurb or tell you what happens in the story. If you want to find that out go read it yourselves. I'm not going to wax poetic about Xavier or sound out in sympathy for Abby's abusive past. I'm not going to talk about real vs. reality in Sinclair's books. Because, flatly, those are either assumed or a given at this point in my love affair with Cherise. I decided, instead, to focus on why Cherise Sinclair is such a Master at creating fantastic, fabulous, and addictive ...more
Naomi Ashwood
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
Im sorry, there NO way I can give this any better rating. Ive read several BDSM books and I think Im done. The sex scenes are cool but the characters and the general stories are L.A.M.E. "B-b-but its hurts" wahhhhhh. "Its ok to cry, Abby". OVER PUPPIES!!! Jesus H Christ, spare me! All these books are the same. Big tough dom, little meek sub with all these emotional problems. The secret to solving these problems- calling some douche 'master', 'sir', or 'liege' and getting your ass beat ...more
Jen
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs, sinclair, fv
Abby and Xavier

Absolutely loved this book. Sincalir is the master (heh) at writing BDSM.

Full review on Fiction Vixen Book Reviews

My Liege of Dark Haven is about the owner of the Dark Haven club. Previous books have also been written as a compilation with Belinda McBride and Sierra Cartwright. At the beginning of the book Cherise Sinclair has a foreword:

A big thank-you to Belinda McBride and Sierra Cartwright, who started the Dark Haven odyssey with me and generously said that I owned Master
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shadow's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

How do you define a great book? Is it one that makes you want to read it again as soon as you are finished? One that makes you think and makes you feel? Or one that makes you want to know the characters personally? Could it be one with a great plot, hot sex, and that keeps you turning the pages until you are done? For Cherise Sinclair, all of her books fit this definition and My Liege of Dark Haven, her latest entry in the Dark Haven/ Master of the
Aly is so frigging bored
2nd read August 4 to 5, 2013

1st read: March 15 to 17, 2013
Before staring to say something about the book I want to thank Maru for suggesting we buddy-read this series and for getting me out of my reading and emotional funk :D

This is me after finishing this series and especially this book
Oh my goodness! I loved this book! It's just.... I am speechless! Ms Sinclair surpassed herself! Besides gushing like a crazy woman I don't know if I have anything intelligent to say...

Xavier Leduc is the hero
Sassafrass
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Xavier! How much more yummy could you possibly be?!?! He just melted me in a puddle of goo! Let's just see...could you imagine this big hard dominant man doing this:

While he was deep inside her, joined in the most intimate way possible, he reached up and cupped her cheek. Even as she realized his gaze hadn't once moved from her face, he said softly, "I see you, Abby. Never think otherwise."

right there, I was done. *sigh*

And oh yeah, Abby was ok too. LOL

Cherise Sinclair is a total autobuy for
Eve (Between The Bookends)
I really liked this one, but I took a star off because of the one incident that took place in the book. I'm not big on public humiliation, the spanking with the paddle where everyone in the club got a chance to smack her ass I could have went with, but (view spoiler) If I had been her, I would have told them all to go to hell and been ...more
Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur )
***I'm still fanning myself*** review to come
Classegal
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Cherise Sinclair is by far one of my favorites. I've already been stalking amazon for an automatic download to my kindle.
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

No matter how many times you read it, My Liege of Dark Haven is sure to delight with sensual romance, humor, electric explorations and scorching heat that'll deliver shivers of the most delicious variety.

The quick of it is that Abby has kind of infiltrated the club in an effort to research BDSM for a paper she's doing and, well, she gets herself way more than she bargained for when she catches the eye of the club's owner and gets an up close and
Kym Grosso
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a terrific book! The story begins with Abigail, a college professor, who needs to "publish or perish". As part of her research, she decides to apply for a receptionist job at Dark Haven BDSM club, where her boss, Xavier informs her that part of her duties are to "assist" him in demonstrations. As part of her research, she observes but is also forced to participate as that is a condition of her employment. While Abigail believes she is a dominant, Xavier has her submitting to him within ...more
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (SLOW)
“You don’t speak again, unless to use your safe word or yellow to indicate you’re frightened.”
“I was at yellow the minute I walked in the door.”

unlike 50 shades, crossfire and the rest My Liege of Dark Haven stands out to be very,very,different when it comes to the aspects of the plot and its leads as well...

The story kicks off with professor Abigail Bern joining the local BDSM club, DARK HAVEN, in hopes of learning more abt the tightly-knitted community to pen down a thesis that could
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
This Author is my absolute go to when I have that urge for a bit of sparkly indulgent kink! Cherise NEVER disappoints and with the third instalment of the series ‘Mountain Masters’ she proved yet again why she truly rocks BDSM kink as well as her gorgeous emotionally tortured heroes and heroines!

Her writing is brilliantly flawless in this genre, bringing to life her story with such intensity and making the journey so very vivid that you get under the skin of her characters.

The story of Xavier
Heather
Oh My Liege, What you do to me....
Wow, this was a hot one!

Abby and Xavier.

Abby is a professor at a local college who is in danger of loosing her position because she need to get published and quickly! Xavier is the owner of the local BDSM club and a super Dom with enough charisma to light up a major city. Abby decides to go undercover and get the data she needs to write an innocent little paper. What could go wrong?

Abby is a young woman who is extremely intelligent. She graduated high school
Gigi
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mf-read
This was a fun hetro read for me. Hot and steamy BDSM action, heavy on the angst. It was the top pick from BDSM lovers for 2012, which is why I selected it. As much as I enjoyed it, I still much prefer my M/M BDSM. *shrugs*

Recommended if you like hot and heavy M/F BDSM and don't mind public sex. The public sex part is a bit hard for me to take, but the two MCs in this book take it private about half way through the story, thank goodness.
Kelly
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well that was yummy. And educational. My first Cherise Sinclair book and I loved it. Finally a smart BDSM novel. I have no idea what living that lifestyle is like and I have no interest in trying it but I enjoyed reading about it. The Hero and heroine and the characters surrounding them held my interest from the beginning. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Shari
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love when I pick up a book and it evokes tons of emotions throughout the entire experience. Being a huge fan of Cherise Sinclair, I expected no different when I started this book. Some of my emotions at the end of the book were hard for me to explain and deal with, but after sometime I think I have then under control and hopefully can explain them to you. This will be a long review, so pull up a chair and let's discuss it!

Professor Abigail Bern, Abby, needs to get published to retain her job
The Challenge Fac...: Nanna and Kathy ~ Reading My Liege of Dark Haven 40 19 Apr 09, 2013 03:04AM

• Doms of Dark Haven (Truckee Wolves #2; Hawkeye #2.5; Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #1.5)
  • Doms of Dark Haven 2: Western Nights (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #2.5)
  • Wild Temptation (Wilder Irish, #5)
  • The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1)
  • Menace (Moonshine Task Force #5)
  • The Hotel (A Billionaire Seduction, #1)
  • One Taste (The One, #1)
  • The Submission of Lady Pennington: A Wicked Hot Erotic Historical (Red Chrysanthemum Book 11)
  • Carnal Risk (Club Altura, #1)
  • Sinful (Sinful Surrender Quartet, #1)
  • Red Blooded: Trey, Jack, Jimmy (Red Hot & Blue #1-3)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • Nailed Down (Nailed Down, #1)
  • A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)
  • Ride Me Dirty (Bridgewater County #1)
  • Dahlia (Dishabille Book 1)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Irresistible Billionaires #1)
  • Enthrall Sessions Trilogy (Enthrall, #1-3)
A New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, she’s renowned for writing heart-wrenching romances with laugh-out-loud dialogue, alpha males, and absolutely sizzling sex.

I met my dearheart when vacationing in the Caribbean. Now I won’t say it was love at first sight. Actually since he stood over me, enjoying the view down my swimsuit top, I might have been a tad peeved—as well as attracted.

Mountain Masters & Dark Haven (6 books)
  • Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1)
  • Master of the Abyss (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #2)
  • Edge of the Enforcer (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #4)
  • Master of Solitude (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #5)
  • I Will Not Beg (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #6)
“You have a gorgeous ass, and it holds handprints beautifully.”
Oh, well, how nice for me.
24 likes