Start by marking “İkinci Cahillikler Kitabı” as Want to Read:
İkinci Cahillikler Kitabı

İkinci Cahillikler Kitabı

Tam da "Ne kadar çok şey biliyorum" diye hava atmanın sırası dediğiniz anda Cahillikler Kitabı'nın ekibi yine karşınızda. Hem de bir kamyon dolusu hata ve yanlış anlamayla beraber.
Karşınızda dünya kadar soru var. Muhtemelen hepsinin cevabını doğru bir şekilde verebileceğinizi sanıyorsunuz.
Tarih, bilim, spor, coğrafya, edebiyat, dilbilim, tıp, genel kültür... Hiç fark
Published November 2011 by NTV (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about İkinci Cahillikler Kitabı, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about İkinci Cahillikler Kitabı

Start your review of İkinci Cahillikler Kitabı
Sophie Crane
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: film-tv
If you watch QI you will remember many of the questions that are included in the book. Indeed it will feel like you can hear Stephen Fry's voice asking them and adding the extra interesting detail. The addition of some of the comments from the panel is a nice touch - not that every one of them is a brilliantly incisive comedic gem though.
Once you've absorbed some of the trivia in this book just imagine what a populat guest you'll be at cocktail parties!
As a dedicated QI fan I am an easy audience
David Ward
The Second Book of General Ignorance: Everything You Think You Know is Still Wrong by John Lloyd and John Mitchinson (Crown Publishers 2010) (031.02). This is a big book of short essays. The essays serve to debunk commonly held truths and beliefs. As it turns out, much of the shared store of general human knowledge is just plain wrong, as this book demonstrates over and over. Some of the topics include: “How many legs does an octopus have?”, “At what temperature does water freeze?”, and “Where ...more
Nikki
As always, wonderfully entertaining for what it is. It's a whole bundle of totally random facts, most of them setting right false assumptions: naturally, it's not very organised, although there is a contents page if you want to try and skip to a specific point. It's a pleasure to read, and I really liked that it has quotes from the show at the end of some sections -- the only problem is that then generally I've seen the episode, so I'm not ignorant about that particular subject.
Hananaki
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very easy and entertaining book to read. The only reason I give this 4 stars instead of 5 is that there are a lot of questions and answers concerning England , which are not so known or interesting to the rest of us.
Jessica-Robyn
Anyone who is a fan of the British television show, QI (a mock game show, known for it's humor and intelligence) knows how hard it is to see one of the books associated with the program and simply pass it by. When I saw this I knew that I couldn't just leave it on the shelf, knowingly walking away from something that is connected to a group of people that I hold so dear in my squishy, nerdy heart.

Also, it has a bright yellow cover and you should know that yellow covers are a weak spot for me.

Manda
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve become quite interested in factual books as of late and the second book of general ignorance is perfect to fill my need. Facts are something that has always interested me and can be used in almost any situation. Say you’re at a party for instance and the party just isn’t in swing mode but rather like an old people’s home? Throw a fact into the air, that’ll get people talking or just have people looking at you weird while secretly making mental notes to avoid you for the rest of the night.

Kim
Very similar to the first book. The idea wears thin after a while but was still interesting enough to get me through. I think I'll wait a while before I read the animal edition.
Daniel Stern
In general, there were very little overarching topics in the book that hadn't been covered in the series, but inclusions did provide far greater context, insight and additional interesting factoids relating to all the various little tidbits of above-casual interest than the series' brief mentions of each.

I loved the quote from Stephen Fry from the book's introduction, and thought it worth reproducing here for those who choose not to go ahead with a purchase: "...the lack of curiosity is the
Marsha
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science, true, amazon
Fun book of trivia. I'm not sure that I trust 100% of the scientific facts (I know they're not all accurate, but I can't remember specifics…), but it was really interesting to see a lot of myths that are generally considered to be gospel, many of which (but not all) I'd already heard debunked. It was a lot of fun!
Elly Alexander
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Second Book Of General Ignorance was just as good as the first. Who knew there are even more facts you thought you knew but you actually didn't? You may have to take a few days of resting after reading the first book so you can take in all the information, but when you are done realizing that your entire life has been a lie, you should take the time to read the sequel.
Tea
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Same with the first book, I love it! In the first book they put in quotes that was read by Stephen Fry at the end of and episode while in the second book they have funny conversations of QI panelists for a particular topic.
Ian Jasper
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like QI, or the QI Elves' own spin-off podcast "No Such Thing as a Fish" then this book will easily keep you entertained, whether you sit down and consume it in one go or choose to dip in and out and sample it in small morsels.
Russel
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, owned
A little too much "British" than the first one. Didn't understand a lot of the references.
Armand
An entertaining compendium of little known and strange facts. Reads like a collected series of magazine features. Funny, educational.
Steve Scott
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, non-fiction
Some of the “facts” aren’t, but many are. Tremendously fun trivia.
Glenn
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good fun
Gary
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun-reads
A book to make you annoying, telling all your friends that they are actually wrong! But well written and fun.

Liked it.
Wolfie
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of quite interesting facts presenting in a way that leads nicely from one to the other
Dane Cobain
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you’ve read my review of the original Q.I. Book of General Ignorance then you ought to know roughly what to expect. Lloyd and Mitchinson, the two men who were behind the show’s creation in the first place, are back again to debunk some more of the myths and misunderstandings that plague our modern society. If you’re anything like me then you like to be correct, and this book is the perfect book to help you be just that.

I mean, this really is just an extension of the first book – it’s as
Martin Valbuena
This book contains many amazing facts that you wouldn't believe to be true until you read it yourself. It also contains an index telling where you can find which fact even those that aren't specifically about that fact but still in one of the paragraphs. This allows one to better find things they want to read. One of my few complaints is the fact that unlike the first book which contained many interesting quotes on the side this ones seem to have some comedic skits surrounding the subject which ...more
Abhimanyu
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was fun. I cannot possibly see water in the same light here after. The end bang about immortal Turritopsis was awesome. I never realized how much entertaining being wrong and then corrected was before the first book of general ignorance and this tome backs that up. It was a scientific, historical and linguistic roller coaster ride that will not fade from my memory that easily.

The book follows a simple pattern.
Hey, you know this popular notion that you swear by? Well, that's wrong. This
K
Sep 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
An interesting book, but it doesn't pack the same punch that the first one did. I blew through the first one, and this one I had to force myself to get through. One thing I didn't understand about this book is why the authors decided to punctuate it with their own quips and conversation snippets. The jokes weren't funny (though maybe that's just me), and a few times they were just absurd. I started ignorning them about 1/3 of the way through. I would say the original Book of General Ignorance ...more
Koen Crolla
QI is one of the most insidiously anti-intellectual programmes on television right now; so harmful precisely because it presents itself as ``smart''. Its General Ignorance segment and, by extension, this book, distil the worst of it: self-satisfied, under-sourced trivia, misinterpreted and at best (though usually not even) only technically correct, presented by smug idiots who think their lack of qualifications makes them, if anything, more suited to talk down to the general public.
Garbage like
Stephen
Dec 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a rather silly book but it is perfect for bathroom reading, being divided into several hundred "chapters" by a Q&A format. Like the first "Book of General Ignorance" (2006), it draws on the British television game show "Quite Interesting." A quiz show, the last round of QI is called the "General Ignorance" round. In it, questions to which the answers are seemingly obvious are asked but the answers are never what is commonly believed to be true. The host of the television show, ...more
Emily
Jun 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This has been sat in our bathroom along with a range of similar books, and I've read it over the course over a few months by reading a question and answer every now and then and slowly working my way though the book. I wouldn't recommend it to be read in one sitting, but it's enjoyable to read in small doses to learn something new. While I imagine most people would dip in and out of it randomly, it's arranged thematically, with one question often leading into the next and works well being read ...more
Liesje Leest
This was a fun read, and I learned quite a lot. But there are so many facts in this book, I don't think I'll be able to remember most of it. The questions are very diverse, so it never gets boring.

Because the book is connected to my favorite TV show, Q.I., I expect it to be very funny. There are some funny bits + quotes from the show, but it's not a very comical book overall. That's not something that bothered me, just and expectation I had because of the show.

A nice, informative, quick read.
Sandra
I bought this simply becayse I love the TV show so much, and I surprised myself by actually reading the entire book without skipping over some of the less interesting parts. I had thought that I would do that, but the whole book was actually very entertaining. At times really funny (loved the little quotes from the TV show) and mostly interesting in some way.

The only thing that was slightly annoying, was that I knew some of it already from watching QI on the television. But I got over that.
Judith Rich
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour, comfort-read
Re-read to cheer myself up.
Nick Davies
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
It's not completely straight-forward to review non-fiction - especially a book such as this without a specific 'subject', and which probably is read by most people as a toilet book or coffee table book.

This was, however, full of interesting trivia and pretty enjoyable mental strolls.. and I thought the theme of 'general ignorance' - i.e. in disproving all those things which so many of us assume to be the case - did work well, a lot better than many of those 'did you know...?' books without as
Amy (Lost in a Good Book)
I love these books. I love how it can twist everything you know and tell you everything you have been taught is wrong to some degree. Who knew that Octopuses actually have two legs and Celtic priests wore horned helmets, not the Vikings. I mean really. This is a brilliant book for people who love facts, and love learning weird things that actually come in handy if you like to counteract what people think they know about everything. There are a bunch more in the QI book series and I implore you ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Book of the Year 2018: Your Definitive Guide to the World’s Weirdest News
  • The Book of the Year 2019
  • The Book of the Year
  • The Road
  • The (sort of) Dark Mage (Waldo Rabbit, #1)
  • Extremes: Life, Death and the Limits of the Human Body
  • Sisters Grimm Complete Box Set Series Collection Books 1-8
  • Born Lippy: How to Do Female
  • Zen (Endless Path)
  • Monster's Mercy
  • HISTORY OF PIRATES - True Story of the Most Notorious Pirates: Charles Vane, Mary Read, Captain Avery, Captain Teach "Blackbeard", Captain Phillips, Captain ... Edward Low, Major Bonnet and many more
  • Into the Light (Axe Druid Book 1)
  • Thinking About It Only Makes It Worse: And Other Lessons from Modern Life
  • Managing Quality
  • Time Reborn: From the Crisis in Physics to the Future of the Universe
  • The Rat Stone Serenade (DCI Daley, #4)
  • Who Am I, Again?
  • Found Poetry
John Hardress Wilfred Lloyd CBE is a British comedy writer and television producer. Lloyd was Trinity College, Cambridge, where he befriended and later shared a flat with Douglas Adams. He worked as a radio producer at the BBC 1974–1978 and created The News Quiz, The News Huddlines, To The Manor Born (with Peter Spence) and Quote... Unquote (with Nigel Rees). He wrote Hordes of the Things with ...more
“The phrase “cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey” is often said to refer to a metallic grid with circular holes in it, set under a pyramid of cannonballs on a ship’s deck to keep it stable. When this “brass monkey” got cold enough, the metal contracted and the cannonballs all popped out. In fact, the phrase means exactly what it says; the fake nautical euphemism is an attempt to make its rude humor more acceptable.” 2 likes
“Black holes generate sound. There’s one in the Perseus cluster of galaxies, 250 million light-years away. The signal was detected in 2003 in the form of X-rays (which will happily travel anywhere) by NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory satellite. No one will ever hear it, though. It’s 57 octaves lower than middle C: over a million billion times deeper than the limits of human hearing. It’s the deepest note ever detected from any object anywhere in the universe and it makes a noise in the pitch of B flat—the same as a vuvuzela.” 1 likes