Start by marking “Land of Nod, The Prophet (Land of Nod #2)” as Want to Read:
Land of Nod, The Prophet (Land of Nod #2)

Land of Nod, The Prophet (Land of Nod #2)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  203 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Jeff Browning continues his quest to find his father in the strange new world he has discovered. His journey takes him across a savage wilderness in which danger is inescapable.

While Jeff searches for The Prophet, his friend, Artimus, faces a less obvious but just as deadly maze of political conspiracies as he tries to convince a reluctant public that the invasion he help
Nook
Published June 21st 2012 (first published May 25th 2012)

Win a Copy of This Book

• Land of Nod, The Prophet by Gary  Hoover
    Land of Nod, The Prophet (Land of Nod, #2)
    Release date: May 26, 2012
    Winner will receive complete trilogy including:

1. Land of Nod, The Artifact

Giveaway dates: Sep 27 - Dec 26, 2017

Countries available: US, CA, and GB more

• Friend Reviews

Annarita Guarnieri
    After reading the first book of the “Land of Nod” saga, I was left with a hunger for more, and now I finally got to read the following book, “The Land of Nod: the Prophet”.
    And it did not let my expectations down.
    While a little slow on the action side, at least at the start, it far more than compensates in the second half of the book, so much so that I could not put it down till the very last word… and again it left me with an appetite for more, and with the mystery only partially solved.
    Here Jef
    Tiamatty
    Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: fantasy
    I won this as a Goodreads Giveaway. The second book in the Land of Nod trilogy is much like the first. This one does split the perspective, with one side of the story focusing on Jeff's search for his father, and the other side on Artimus trying to get the city ready for war with the pheerions. Both sides are fairly well-done and interesting. The writing style remains very simple and straightforward, and the book is a quick read. It's not a great book, but it's a pretty good middle-school-age st ...more
    Grace
    Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This is the 2nd book in the series and I can’t wait for the 3rd. This is a young adult book but it’s a delightful read for adults with young hearts. This author brings you into the story and makes you feel like you’re part of it. I find this series addictive and I want more.

The war is getting closer and Jeff is caught in the middle.
    Sherry
    Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Second book as good as the first. Read most of it the same day I read the first one (The Artifact). I like Gary's use of "made" up words. I love his creatures. At 68 I can safely say I enjoy reading books geared to the younger reader because my mind has always been a "what if kind" of mind. And this set of books allows your imagination to roam. His descriptions of the creatures grow in your head, I am sure mine look different than yours might. But that is the fun of it. They are kind of like tho ...more
    Asha
    Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: magic
    Captivating.... Can't wait for the 3rd book.
    Linda Hoover
    Well developed characters, great plot. looking forward to the 3rd book.
    Gary Nelson
    Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Solid storytelling, with good depth and character development. A few minor unexplained jumps in the storyline, but overall a very good read - I am anxiously waiting book #3!
    Curtis
    Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Looking forward to reading book 3

Like book 1, it is a rough read, but still worth the imagination put into it. Can't wait to get into book 3!
    L.K. Chapman
    Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I liked the first book in this series but didn't love it so I was in two minds whether to carry on with the series but I'm very glad I did. The way the book alternates between Jeff and Artimus built the tension and the action was gripping and exciting. I've already bought the last book in the series and look forward to finding out what happens next.
    Earl
    Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Land of Nod, The Prophet is the second book in the trilogy from Gary Hoover. I read the trilogy one after the other as one story so my review is about the trilogy.

I found the idea to be engaging though at times I felt the story was either dragging or had a few scenes that served very little purpose. All in all I think the writing improved steadily through the series, from the characters to the flow of the story. I have gotten away from reading fantasy and this trilogy will not keep me away from
    Linda Todd
    Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: my-fab
    Amazing second story I would love to give this book more stars as I thought this book was as good as the first again a very colourful bunch of characters this story was a delightful book to read it keeps you on the edge of your seat and screams at you to turn the pages faster than you can read. A truly exceptional piece of literature this wonderful second book was a gift from the amazing author Gary Hoover & my heart felt thanks to Gary Hoover for the exquisite privilege & utmost pleasur ...more
    Arlene Starr
    Jan 10, 2014 added it  ·  review of another edition
    Recommends it for: young adults
    Recommended to Arlene by: saw it on Amazon
    I read the Kindle edition of Land of Nod, The Prophet, which is the 2nd book in the series. I liked this book better than the first one, The Artifact. It has two parts of the story being told simultaneously in alternating chapters, one of Jeff and his friends, and one of Artimus and those helping him plus possible enemies. The story has intrigue, packed full of action and mystery. There is something questionable and possibly dangerous going on with the Governor, plotting going on to save the peo ...more
    Meghan
    Sep 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    The last book ended with General Rasp betraying his people and helping Jeff get the locket. I would have liked the author to have fleshed out this part of the plot at the beginning of the 2nd book explaining why. As is it, the reader wonders why the group is trusting him and doesn't get any explanation until the middle of the book with one conversation. It didn't seem to make sense and didn't sit well with the story.

The point of view turn with Artemis telling from his perspective was pretty cool
    Ysgrublaidd
    I really liked the story of the first book. And this feeling didn't change with book 2. Book 2 shifts more towards Adult/Young Adult then the previous one. And thats oké with me.

This time the story isn't mostly told from Jeff's perspective. But changes to other characters too. It was refreshing. The only problem I had was the political jibber-jabber. At some points it was necessary to develop the story. But at other points it felt more like it had to be done because of the characters switch.

All
    Doug Vaughn
    Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Hoover expounds on the introductory book, Land of Nod, The Artifact, adding new characters and depth to existing ones. The world he has imagined draws in the reader and this book is an enjoyable read, setting up an anticipated conclusion of the series. I hope this trilogy gets the attention of Hollywood because it would be a wonderful contrast to existing sci/fi franchises to see the Land of Nod and its inhabitants on the large screen.
    Chris Meads
    This is the second book on the Land of Nod.

Jeff is continuing to look for his father, and along the way he has many adventures and learns more about himself and his father.

This story is well written, the characters real and engaging. Even though the land that Jeff has been thrust into isn't like that of our own, Gary Hoover makes it real. This book is just as good the first one and I hope the last book of the trilogy is just as good.
    Sally
    Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: ebook
    This carries forward the story begun in #1 of the trilogy with more of the same amateurish writing. If you got caught up in Book 1, you'll probably want to read Book 2 and Book 3, hoping for an end to the story. However, if you felt as I did that the writing was not great, you could forfeit reading the last two books without much loss.
    Kim
    Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: first-reads
    Love it
    Natasha Crane
    Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I thoroughly enjoyed this book was easy to read and was a great adventure that got you hooked.
    Amber
    Nov 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: abandoned

I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
    C-shaw
    Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Oh boy, the sequel was just as exciting as the first one. Now on to the third and final episode!
    Mariana Farcas
    Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 5-stars
    More mystery about his father and the strange creatures is back. I am onto #3 now. Great story!
    Lori
    Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Well written and easy to follow. Language will limit young readers. good si-fi material.
    Ashton
    Aug 30, 2012
    Dave Taylor
    Apr 11, 2017
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
    • The Dragondain (Moon Realm, #2)
    • The Secret Underground
    • Dolphin Way: Rise of the Guardians
    • The Golden Wizard (Scrolls of Zndaria, #1)
    • Xor: The Shape of Darkness
    • Jin Village
    • Velvet Rain
    • DawnSinger (Tales of Faeraven, #1)
    • The Shadow Harvest (Shrouded Secrets Chronicles, #2)
    • Goblins Know Best: The Trivial Trials of Bogrot and Gorag
    • The City of Worms (Everville, #2)
    • Azlander: Second Nature
    • Magefable
    • Stuttering Stan Takes a Stand
    • y1
    • The Year of the Great Seventh
    • The Rude Buay Trilogy
    • The Love of Being Loving

Land of Nod (3 books)
    • Land of Nod, The Artifact (Land of Nod, #1)
    • Land of Nod, The Child (Land of Nod, #3)