Start by marking “Air” as Want to Read:
Air

Air (Elements of The Undead #2)

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  202 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
When the dead rise in Houston, Dave and Chris Thompson find themselves stranded on the top floor of the Liberty Medical Center, with nowhere to run and no help in sight. With Dave’s broken leg making movement impossible and the disintegration of civilization accelerating around them, they have to act fast, or be consumed by the seething horde below.
ebook
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Air, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Air

Books
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2015
I was under the impression that this book, which I’ve had on my Kindle for over a year, was going to be the sequel to William Esmont’s “Fire” – the first Elements of the Undead book. It was not, and besides it being about the start of the zombie apocalypse, it has no connection to the aforementioned full-length novel. I can’t say I was disappointed.

I actually enjoyed this short story more, even though it doesn’t offer anything new as far as zombie stories go. The writing, once again, was very go
Netanella
Two brothers are trapped on the roof of a hospital in Texas when the zombie apocalypse breaks out in Houston, Texas. This is a short, quick tale set in the world of the Elements of the Undead series by author Esmont. I enjoyed this one very much, and hopefully these characters will make a reappearance later on the series.
Kayla Eklund
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this just as much as I loved Fire. My only complaint is that this was really short, comparatively speaking. I finished this in about 20 minutes or so.
Shannon
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I admit it, I was skeptical. Then again, I thought that Twilight was fun, despite being badly written. Lots of things are entertaining without actually being good. So, I thought I’d give Esmont’s Elements of the Undead a shot. At least, it would be a diversion from daily life.

I underestimated it.

In all really satisfying science fiction or fantasy stories, paranormal archetypes (in this case, zombies) are symbols for bits or themes of culture or humanity about which we do not know how to discuss.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Chris goes to see his brother Dave in the hospital. Dave had a motorcycle accident and broke his leg. Upon arriving at the hospital Chris hears the nurse get a call and she tells him to vacate the hall and then she leaves. People all over the United States is getting sick with flu like symptoms. Chris tells Dave that they have to get out of there that being in a hospital is not a good place to be when everyone is getting sick. Chris and Dave witness people attacking and eating each other. Chris ...more
Jordan
I won a copy of the Elements Of The Undead omnibus edition via the Goodreads FirstReads program, and so far have read the first two stories. Fire, the first novel, was a bit strange for me, raising my expectations before dashing them with a lackluster back half (go read that review if you need to know the details), so I was interested to see how this story proceeded. The good news: Esmont here made none of the offputting mistakes I noted in the first review. The bad news: it's too short to be al ...more
Cathy
Feb 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
This novella was free for Kindle.
I'm not a big fan of zombie stories but this was good. Like most zombie stories I've read there is no explanation, though, for how patient zero became a zombie.
This story takes place in Houston as Christ is called to the hospital because his brother, Dave, was in a motorcycle accident. On the way there he sees people on the side of the road arguing. Lots of people are in the lobby of the hospital and they are fighting, also.
Just as Chris makes his way to his brot
Trisha
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
Second book in the series, although this isn't really a book but a short story. It took about 30 minutes to read. As with the first book, Fire, this installment reminded me of The Walking Dead. Gnarly descriptions of zombie activity- although not nearly as graphic as Fire- are present. The author does a great job of conveying the fear,confusion, and desperation of the main character and his brother. Rather than take up where the first book left off, this story is about totally different people i ...more
Kathryn West
Very very short. This is not a book, it's not even a novella. Basically it's a chapter in a decent length book so I was a bit irked at having paid for it, even if it was 77p! The story was interesting but I don't get why it wasn't in Fire as a chapter. Yes yes I get that there are four elements but this didn't really justify it's own existence.
Katy
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of zombies
A short, horror novella, "Air" is the second in the Elements of the Undead series. While it is short, it is well-plotted and the characters are well-developed and all given personalities and unique character traits within the constraints of their time on the page. Nicely done and perfect for the fan of zombies.
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 205
  • Bound (The Nevermore Trilogy, #2)
  • Operation Z-Day (The Raven Falconer Chronicles, #1)
  • The Death Trip
  • Deadlocked (Deadlocked, #1)
  • Dead Earth: The Green Dawn
  • Jenny Undead (The Thirteen, #1)
  • Last Rites (Dying to Live, #3)
  • The Diver (The Runner, #2)
  • Zombie Bits (Murdermouth)
  • The Last to Fall
  • Knock Knock
  • Fresh Flesh (Fresh, #1)
  • Death Speaks (Death, #2)
  • This Plague of Days (Season 2)
  • Zomblog (Zomblog, #1)
  • Eve Hallows and the Book of Shrieks (The Nightmare Series, #1)
  • The Voice of Waterfalls
William Esmont lives in Tucson, Arizona.
More about William Esmont...

Elements of The Undead (4 books)
  • Fire