Start by marking “The Art of Disappearing” as Want to Read:
The Art of Disappearing

The Art of Disappearing

Delia can see the future . . . but can she change it?

All Delia wants is to be popular. She has the perfect plan: join the cheerleading squad with her best friend, Ava, and rule the school from the coolest table in the cafeteria. But everything changes the day she watches a boy die—before it actually happens.

After dreaming about a classmate’s demise, she’s shocked when she
ebook
Published July 17th 2012 by Alloy Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Disappearing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Disappearing

Start your review of The Art of Disappearing
Elena Perez
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
"The first step is believing in yourself. That is also the second step. And the third step, and the fourth..." - anonymous
Richa
Dec 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
Originally posted at City of Books - http://ecstatic-for-books.blogspot.com/

I have to say this book was quite different from what I expected, but I liked it. It was refreshing, and the underlying plot is something we can all relate to. The Art of Disappearing is a strong debut from Elena Perez, and I would definitely check out new material from her.

Delia is a freshman in high school, and is part of a very tight-knit group of friends consisting of her, Ava and Trish. When Delia finds out she's ps
Lizzy
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Best Bits: I really liked how this one ended. It was a very understated, non-cliffhanger ending (so refreshing!). Even if this is the start to a series, I'm just so grateful that it didn't feel like 'Book 1 in the ______ series.' How often does that happen these day? It says quite a bit about Perez's style that after everything had basically wrapped itself up I was still interested how Delia is dealing with her abilities. I also liked that the mystery in the book was creepy without being too dra ...more
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Art of Disappearing is fun and fast-paced book - I'm not a young adult but am curious about the genre, and so I picked this up; I inhaled it in two sittings. It's a haunting story that will speak to any readers who believe that there is more to the world than what we experience with our first five senses. Anyone who's ever had a lucid dream or moment of inexplicable intuition. I love strong characters, and the ones Perez has crafted -- particularly Delia, our protagonist -- will stay with yo ...more
Kelly
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The high school struggle of trying to "fit in" yet realize one's own identity is beautifully portrayed in this debut YA novel. The story is fluid and captivating, drawing the reader into Delia's world from the start, making the book hard to put down. (Just one more chapter and I'll go to bed, eat dinner, answer my pleading child's calls... lol) All in all a great read for both YA and adults alike. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Andreana
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary-ya
This book was odd. It had potential but so much of it was so silly and It seemed very disjointed. the chapters ended so abruptly. And the only characters I liked were Frank and Ava's dad and they were not main characters. I think the author should have spent more time on the whole psychic dream aspect than on all the stupid high school drama. But I did like the ending.
Corinne
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Great work! At first I thought the only thing missing was the angsty love aspect.....but looking back, I think that would've detracted from the story which was awesome as it was. Can't wait for the next one!!!
Iva-Marie Palmer
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a debut! I loved this story. Delia had my full attention from page one in this very addictive read. Can't wait or more from Elena Perez.
Nicole Webb
Jul 28, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was pretty entertaining. It moved pretty slow, though. I would have liked if it got into her powers more. Also, the name isn't very fitting...
Sandra
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read the previews of, The Art of Disappearing. From Iva-Marie Palmer book. It was very interesting,When I got it and finish reading it, I liked it! very good book.
Marlene Veltre
Jun 25, 2013
Bob
Sep 03, 2017
Ornella (Nyx)
rated it did not like it
Aug 26, 2012
Carol
Mar 19, 2013
Deirdre
Jan 19, 2015
Elena is the author of The Art of Disappearing, a new novel published by Alloy Entertainment.

Elena lives in NYC and can be found online on Facebook , or Twitter as @elenabooks.