Start by marking “A Vengeful Affair” as Want to Read:
A Vengeful Affair

A Vengeful Affair

Rich people get away with murder every day, but Vivian Foster intends to make billionaire Javier Rivera pay for what he did to her best friend—and how better to destroy a money-grubbing bastard than to sabotage the merger that means everything to him.

Javier Rivera would never hurt a woman much less kill one. But when he catches a gorgeous corporate spy in his office, he kn
Published July 2012 by Indulgence (Entangled Publishing)

To ask other readers questions about A Vengeful Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Vengeful Affair

Dalia
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
A very compelling romantic suspense.
Vivian wants revenge from Javier for the murder of her best friend Molly but she get caught in the middle of industrial espionage & a war between rivals for a merger.
Javier and Vivian are flawed and multi-dimensional characters. Javier is a powerful businessman, a gorgeous man but you can feel the sadness inside him due to a miserable childhood. Vivian is strong, smart, compelling yet vulnerable.
Even though they don't trust each other, they are a
Tash
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics

To see review at Confessions

Six months ago, Vivian Foster’s best friend Molly committed suicide according to the police but Vivian knows better: it was the man Molly told her about, the one she was having an office affair with, Javier Rivera, her boss and CEO of the company who Molly was the secretary for. In addition, Vivian lost the last person she loved and trusted and wants revenge over Molly’s death. So when she is approached by Roger, a man who also
Melissa Maxwell
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. The characters were complex and compelling at the same time. I cared for both Javier and Vivian. I figured out who Roger was fairly quickly but the heartache was still there. I was always curious why Vivian did not tell him about Roger and the whole story sooner. i understand there needed to be heartache but really. The book was well written and I loved the ending.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Entangled has done it again! Lord they sure know how to pick an author. In A Vengeful Affair you have business, suspense, romance, and murder or suicide that is the question? Molly is having an affair with her boss when she commits suicide and her best friend Vivian just does not believe her friend would commit suicide. So Vivian decides she is going to spy on Javier and see what has really happened to her best friend. What Vivian does not count on is getting caught in the middle of a war betwee ...more
Maria
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
A VENGEFUL AFFAIR is the debut novel by Carmen Falcone, published by Entangled Publishing's Indulgence line.

Javier Rivera, a London-based business magnate, is intrigued to find the stunning receptionist Vivian Foster, snooping in his office after hours, pinching files. He suspects industrial espionage. However, there's no time to verify Vivian's credentials or check her motives. He has a plane to catch and a merger to sign. So he has no choice but to take Vivian along with him, using force if ne
Aurelia Rowl
This book should come with a warning. Maybe even two!

Warning #1
I bought this book on the day it came out but my own writing and the London Olympics got in the way and I didn't get any reading done. After finally finishing a book late last night, I picked this one up and told myself I'd just read a chapter to check it out. Yeah, I know. Stupid! Fast forward three hours and I reached the end. Unfortunately, that meant the middle of the night and it was only another fours hours before my kids tend
Robin Covington
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! Vivian is such a brave, caring, wonderful character -you only hope you have a friend like her in your life. And Javier . . .Javier ... Javier. That man was sex-on-a-stick, so damaged, so sexy, so powerful - I want one of my own.

The pages flew buy - in fact, I think I damaged my Kindle clicking the "next page" button at such a fevered pitch.

I cannot wait for the next book by Carmen!
Jax Garren
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Falcone has a beautiful writing style that is easy to read and flows smoothly. While the initial setup felt a little far fetched, I loved the characters enough to overlook it. A fun, fast, entertaining read!
Tea Cooper
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I did enjoy A Vengeful Affair! There is such a great plot - I walked every step of the way with Javier and Vivian and I was particularly taken with the fresh voice and turn of phrase. I shall certainly be waiting for Ms Falcone’s next book.

Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reviewd by: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

Murder, revenge and downfall ! Yes this book had it all wrapped up into one, oh and lots of passion as well. I totally loved this book.

I loved how Vivan decided to go and get her own back so to speak and in the process gets caught by a very sexy man ..the man that she is there to declare war upon. However she did not bet on him knowing she is the one to start the war. It was one seriously hot book, and all too soon for me it ended.

Overall plot was rea
Erica
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a steamy little romance that I really enjoyed. It was an enticing story and I read straight through this one!

I really enjoyed the character of Edouard. He was such a hoot and was just an all around great character. Vivian was such a loyal and determined friend, which is something to really be admired. I loved that both her and Javier were flawed characters, which made me get that much more invested in their stories.

The plot was so easy to get caught up in. I loved trying to put togethe
Gobokairina
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, koleksi-ga
Loved the cover.
Loved the suspense-love story. Cliche, but I really liked the story flowed smoothly, thus made me finish it in one sitting. Yay!

Vivian Foster [Vivian] does not believe her best friend; Molly would commit suicide. Molly had told her that she’s dating her boss; Javier. Thus Vivian decides to spy on Javier and see what has really happened to Molly.

But her plan ruined when she falls in love with Javier. OMG. So, the conflict begins. I loved how they struggle, to choose between duty
Hayson Manning
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic debut novel by Carmen Falcone. Vivian is a strong, sexy but vulnerable woman whom I identified with. Someone I'd love to share a coffee with. Javier is 'hot' but you can see the emotion behind the facade he hides so well. A fast paced, sexy story that I read straight through. I can't wait for Ms Falcone's next book.
Samantha Darling
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book by Carmen Falcone! What isn't there to like about it? Strong, dynamic characters, great premise and storyline and boy are there some HOT scenes! Sizzling, sensual and sensational!
Stella
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful, entertaining and passionate story, I loved it! Detailed review coming soon.
Marlene
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted as a Dual Review at Book Lovers Inc

Stella: I’d like to start by saying that it seems that Entangled’s Indulgence imprint is a sure guarantee: whenever I pick one up I expect a delightful heartwarming sensual romance and A Vengeful Affair not only did not disappoint but completely won me over, I loved every minute of it!

Marlene: I’ve seen too many improbable billionaires and tycoons in the Indulgence imprint to tickle my fancy. My ‘willing suspension of disbelief
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
In a nut shell:
Eventful | Emotional | Sexy

My Rating:

Details:
I enjoyed this story. I was down for the count and had to know what happened by page 10. This was a first for me… I have not read many contemporary romantic mystery who-done-its. The ones I’ve read I haven’t enjoyed… so there you go… In my opinion, b/c of course I’m awesomely important and you should listen to me… lol! Carmen’s book is really well done. The characters are complex and meaningful. The story moves along and doe
Crystal
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and wish I had the time to actually enjoy it in one sitting. Javier and Vivian were intriguing characters who captivated me from the beginning and made the book for me. And hot, yes it was :)

If you haven't noticed I really enjoy reviewing books from Entangled Press. They have a wide variety of romances to please all tastes. A Vengeful Affair is for those that like things a little spicier, but definitely not erotica, but it's one of the spicier Entangled Press books I'v
Kay
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am torn between giving it a four or a five.

The story started with Vivian Foster sneaking into Javier's office to steal his confidential documents on a merger that promised huge wealth for him. Unfortunately, she was discovered by the CEO himself and was shackled everywhere Javier went. Even out of the country.

Vivian was on a mission to avenge for her best friend's death, believing that Javier was behind the murder. However, she finally came to realize that it was not the case and unexpectedly
Libby Mercer
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm not all that familiar with romantic suspense novels, but after reading this one I'm planning to seek out more! A Vengeful Affair is a sharp, fast-paced thrill ride through the world of corporate espionage with some delightful plot twists along the way. One in particular made me go, "wow". Wish I could say more about it, but I don't want to spoil the story for anyone. Vivian and Javier have mad chemistry and the love scenes are off the charts in terms of sizzle.

On a personal note, I was delig
Irene
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
“Rich people get away with murder every day, but Vivian Foster intends to make billionaire Javier Rivera pay….”

Those were the words that snared me hook, line and sinker into buying this book. I was not disappointed.

A vengeful affair is the perfect category romance – steamy and passionate with dark back-stories and tragic misunderstandings.

I loved that Ms. Falcone pulled this off without making Javier the kind of old-school jerk that no woman should fall in love with. Instead, she dances around h
Marie Andersson
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Vivian believe Javier killed her friend..or ordered someone else to do it.She wants revenge.Javier is a sexy Spanish hunk.Vivian feel an attraction to him despite hating him.But not all is what it seems...

I wanted to hug Javier.His stepfather was an ass.I wanted to kick him in the nuts.I'm happy he got what he deserved.:) Javier and Vivian get their HEA! <3I want a hot Spanish man! Grin.

The writing is good and I really feel a connection to the characters.Five stars from me.
Jane
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!

This story ROCKS!! Everything you could want in a romance! It was exciting, intense, sizzling and romantic. I loved Vivian and her steadfast loyalty to her best friend and Javier's sexy but determined attitude to get what he want. The mystery was and added bonus. It was very well written and makes you feel like you want to know these characters!! Highly recommended for anyone that enjoys their romance with a touch of mystery and two very head strong characters!!
Janie Evans
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Carmen Falcone is definitely one of my favorite new authors (new for me.) Javier Rivera catches Vivian Foster in his office after hours and immediately thinks espionage, but htings are not what they seem. Vivian blames Javier for her best friends death and that make their relationship complicated.

Their relationship turns into romantic suspense. It is fun and HOT. One of those books that you don't want to end.
Dina Bushrod
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ms Falcone has a wonderful view of romance. The characters in this book are strong and determined and were defined by their upbringing. One is distrustful and the other loyal; this in turn leads to vengeance from one to the other. Truth wins out and thank goodness as they are unable to fight their feelings for each other. Love and sex together are great.
Silvia
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 STAR

its quite good story but the chemistry were to fast for them for their circumstanses....i admire so much about vivian, shes very loyal and brave, honest and understanding but javier was a big jerk when connected with his work, he could yelled and bossy around vivian...i guess vivian was way to good for javier
Alexa Bourne
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Awesome story! Loved the international settings, and the relationship built slowly and got hot! Ms. Falcone took an interesting story idea that I admit I wasn't sure could work. But wow! The author blew me away and soon I was happily lost in Javier and Vivian's world. I look forward to reading more of Ms. Falcone's work!
Marci Protsman
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Carmen Falcone is my new favorite author! I love her characters! Vivian and Javiar had such passion between them. It was so great watching that unfold. A Veneful Affair is a must read!!
Annemé
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
3.5 stars. Good story and a quick read, but the relationship moved really fast.

• The Boss and Her Billionaire (Love on Deck #1)
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • Deceiving the Witch Next Door
  • Always a Bridesmaid
  • The Spanish Billionaire's Hired Bride
  • Not The Marrying Kind
  • His Unexpected Family
  • Blackmailed by the Italian Billionaire
  • In Bed with the Opposition
  • Tempting Acquisitions  (Boardrooms & Billionaires, #1)
  • Kiss and Make Up
  • Ashes and Wine
  • Holiday Affair (Affair, #1)
  • Taming the Tycoon
  • Tempted by Trouble
  • Real Men Don't Break Hearts (Real Men, #1)
  • No Hero
  • Desire by Design
USA Today Bestselling Author Carmen Falcone learned at an early age that fantasizing about fictional characters beats doing math homework any day. Brazilian by birth and traveler by nature, she moved to Central Texas after college and met her broody Swiss husband—living proof that opposites attract. She found in writing her deepest passion and the best excuse to avoid the healthy lifestyle everyon ...more