Start by marking “Birthright (Residue, #2)” as Want to Read:
Birthright (Residue, #2)

Birthright (Residue #2)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  1,509 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Book Two of the Residue Series...

Jameson and Jocelyn know their love is forbidden, but that doesn't end their feelings for each other. Because of it they are in incredible danger. Now, with their enemies watching - ones who pose a far greater threat than anyone they've ever encountered - they have no choice but to hide the truth. As Jameson and Jocelyn face the prospect of
Published July 14th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Birthright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birthright

Ashley
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-kindle-read
Yay, I didn't have to pull an all nighter. ....it's only 245 ;)

this was good! I can't say that it's worse or better than the first book. That's okay. I'd rather it be on the same level than worse than the first book.

I really liked getting to know the characters more. We see a different side to both Jocelyn and Jameson, a much stronger and more powerful side. Their relationship in this book was sad....they aren't allowed to be together because of a higher power and then it's because of a prophecy
Nathalie*
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it

I found this one kinda flat ... How they always break up then get together ANNOYS me !
Katinki
Sep 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really enjoying this series.

I like the world, the characters, and the conflict. And it was great to see Maggie and Eran :D I miss those guys! I like all the intrigue and the villains are starting to be a lot of fun. I particularly enjoyed the addition of Theleo.

Overall, since Fallen, I think the author's writing has improved. It's still a little awkward at times and I'll say that for whatever reason, the latter 75% of this book was much better than the first 25%, writing-wise. For example, she
Mandy
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Laury Falter made me an instant fan with the Guardian trilogy. When Residue came out, I read it and instantly fell in love with the book and characters. I was highly anticipating Birthright and it did not disappoint. The pacing was wonderful and I loved the development of the connection between Jocelyn and Jameson. It's also great seeing Maggie and Eran again, since I wasn't ready to say goodbye to them after the Guardian trilogy. All around a fantastic read that I couldn't put down. Can't wait ...more
Lisa
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love strong woman characters and Mrs Faulter has delivered that in every book.
Marta Em
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
this was great surprise. this book is much better then the first part. the first part introduced to the characters. this one made them alive. the characters have layers they are interesting. the change of pace and twists in plots are believable and desirable. I had great time reading it and will start the third shortly if only to see how the author can stir things up even more. very nice writing, plot, characters
Ally || the Inkblot ||
Laury Falter, you genius you. Five stars all around because I adored this book, with my only complaint being our dear Jocelyn. But I'll talk about her later.

In the second installment of Residue, we are still in our lovely New Orleans, and the magic is in the air. Literally. It's everywhere. We get more insight into the Vires, the Sevens, and (shocker) the corruption of the Sevens. If you read Falter's Fallen then you will love the merging of the two worlds in this book. It's tons of fun. The voo
Daphne
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Birthright is an excellent addition to the Residue series. I absolutely love this book. This series is about Witchcraft, forbidden love and an unwanted birthright.

Jocelyn Weatherford has come to terms with the fact that spells and voodoo exist. Jameson Caldwell is her soulmate and most importantly together a very powerful couple; strong enough to defeat the Sevens.

She has a secret and keeps it from Jameson. A secret that is so heartbreaking that ending her relationship seemed like her only optio
Anna
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just like Residue (the first book to this Laury Falter series) I loved this book and couldn't put it down. There is a lot of suspense in this book that has you turning page after page. Jameson and Jocelyn's love story gets a bit tragic as Jocelyn figures out the truth about the Caldwell family. We get to know the Caldwell and Weatherford's intentions much more in this book than the last. Although both the families still don't approve of their love, they end up together throughout it. The Vires g ...more
Alison
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I like this series, though I feel like it's more meant for young teens/pre-teens to read. It doesn't seem 'old' enough for the older teens or new-adults. It did have some editing issues. I felt myself at times wishing that the character (main) would listen to me, lol. I also kind of wished that the book felt like it was 'older'/for older teens than for younger. I am not sure what exactly made me feel like this or if I'm the only one.
I will continue the series.
Scorpeyna  Blue
UGHH..The book annoyed me to the max. I had to DNF it because it was too boring, too cheesy ( I don't mind the idea of being a soulmate but it was too over-the-top here) and the unnecessary and meh details bothered me. Jocelyn was'nt a likeable character and Jameson was too plain. Overall,the plot is too dull to my liking.
Samantha
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this series. I didn't really want to read it at first when I realized it was a witch series but it sucked me in. The love story is so sweet but sometimes infuriating because of the chatracters hang ups but it wouldn't last very long if it all fell into place. Read their whole series in less than a week and would read it again!
Diana
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
With the two families pretending to still hate each other to throw off the vires is crazier than ever. They have some prophecies exposed and they Jocelyn cant seem to digest it. Now is the time that Maggie and Eran from the guardian trilogy make an entrance. Maggie assist Jocelyn with something. I like the way Laury Faulter intertwined the characters from both series. Excellent.
Stephanie Garcia

Plot - 4/5
Characters - well written
Romance - swoon worthy
Page Turner - Yes
Series Continue - Absolutely!
Overall- Magical

I enjoy Birthright more than the first one. More action and more fun.
Amy
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jocelyn and Jameson and destin to bring down the Seven but Jocelyn's birthright says she'll have to kill Jameson. Yet another roadblock for these two. They are forced into some intense lessons by the best voodoo practitioners in the world and it cannot come soon enough.
Ami
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked #2 a lot better. Really liked how the story was told through the housekeepers & I think Jameson is a fun romantic lead. I will read the next 2 books but just need a break from this writing style for a bit.
Alisa
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

After finishing the last book, I devoured this one in a single sitting. I'm hoping to get through the next one just as quickly!
Kristina Corbett
This book ripped my heart to pieces and attempted to put it back together. So many ups and downs and surprising twists that I never saw coming! Loved the appearances by Maggie, Eran, and Battersbee!
Cindy Cabaniss
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent
Shannon Hertz
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic series! Can't wait till the next one!
Bev
Nov 06, 2012 added it
OMG!!! I just finished Savior (book 3) and am anxiously awaiting the next in the series. Thanks Laury for yet another fabulous series, PLEASE keep the books coming!
Kristin Campbell
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jocelyn was a little annoying in this book, always making decisions w/o knowing all the facts. Her naive side really shows in this book
Carlee
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-time-favs
awesome!!! Love Laury's books...now to wait for the next one, long sigh....
Stephanie Plummer
Love these books

Ready, so ready for the next one!! I am enjoying Ms. Falter's style and will be reading more of her work.
Veronica
Jun 21, 2013 rated it liked it
eh..It started off well this series, but I do not much like how it turned, and the main character has started to annoy me, both of them.
Sasha Enge
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
awesome! love this series! I think I found a new favorite writer
Aleta V Howard
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesomeness

This was an excellent book in the series. I can't wait for the next one. Starting number three tonight!!!!
Great
Michelle Louise
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great author look forward to more of her books in future!
Marquesa
Mar 27, 2017
Keri
Feb 22, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 14, 2015 11:37AM
  • Kindred (The Watcher Chronicles, #2)
  • Revelation (The Guardians, #3)
  • Angelic (Angelic, #1)
  • Foretell (Wanderlove, #2)
  • Exalted (Stained, #4)
  • Autumn Storm (The Witchling, #2)
  • Amethyst Tears (Luminescence, #2)
  • Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)
  • Broken Wings (Hidden Wings, #2)
  • No Mercy (Cambion, #2.5)
  • Swift (Swift, #1)
Laury Falter is a bestselling author of young adult romantic suspense and urban fantasy. She has three series out: the Guardian Trilogy, the Residue Series, and the Apocalypse Chronicles.

Find out more news and information about Laury and her novels on her:
Website: www.lauryfalter.com

• Residue (Residue, #1)
  • Savior (Residue, #3)
  • Prophecy (Residue, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99