Start by marking “The End of the World as We Know It” as Want to Read:
The End of the World as We Know It

The End of the World as We Know It

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  214 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
The Breakfast Club meets The War of the Worlds in The End of the World as We Know It, the latest release from Alloy Entertainment (The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, 666 Park Avenue, Gossip Girl)

They wanted to party like it was their last night on earth. They just might get their wish….

Meet the four most unlikely heroes ever:

Teena McAuley: Queen Bee, first-class pro
Published July 17th 2012 by Alloy Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about The End of the World as We Know It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End of the World as We Know It

Brianna
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, young-adult
"And then she said the sentence no one should ever utter: 'What's the worst that could happen? '"
*Happy dance.* There really needs to be more books like this out there. Okay, so it isn't exactly the end of the world, but four teens have their lives changed in an extremely sudden and horrifying manner. The world will never be the same for any of them. The part of this book I loved the most was the humor. In most world ending books there is so much intensity and seriousness, which is good, but not
Zina

holy shit. loved this so so so much. so surprised by this book.
Rachel
Feb 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
I don't know whether this novel is even worth an in-depth review. I kind of just want to write something along the lines of "this book is too crap for words; avoid at all costs". But I should probably attempt to justify why I didn't enjoy it, and why I think it is terribly written and slightly problematic.

Firstly, I'm sure Iva-Marie Palmer is a great person. Her bio at the end of the book made her sound lovely and interesting. But if The End of the World As We Know It is anything to go by, she
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
This book was part of a blog tour and I was given a copy in exchange for my honest review.

When I got the e-mail for the tour of this book I was really excited to read the book, I loved the synopsis and the storyline seemed original and different from the usual YA novels. The book is the story of four teens that are left after the end of the world. They all come from different social groups, but all of them are invited to the same party, they get locked in a room and end up being the only ones le
Luna
Feb 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is like a movie, complete with voice-over. A ridiculous over-the-top story about four teenagers battling an alien invasion with gun, body-glitter – oh and spandex.

It works as long as you go with it.

The End of the World as We Know It is narrated as third-person, alternating between the four protagonists. Teena (Miss Popular), Sarabeth (the smart one), Evan (star athlete) and Leo (stoner). Iva-Marie Palmer does elaborate on those stereotypes, for example Evan and his religious stepfather
Lunarbabee
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great, fun read! I loved the banter and Pop Culture references. Picking up this book was like curling up on the couch on a Wednesday night, flipping through channels and finding 16 Candles on. You snuggle down deeper in the cushions and watch until the end and you sigh wistfully when you see Jake Ryan standing next to his car.
Sarah Churchill
An over-the top gore-fest between slimy purple aliens and four teenagers. Funny, cheesy, disgusting and I loved it. I haven't smiled that much in ages!
zoë ❅ (fallxnrobin)
This was such a light and fun read with equal amounts of humour, action and sexual tension. I'm still not sure what possessed me to pick this book out of the many books on my shelf but it really helped me get out of my reading slump 😆

hoping to write a full review someday

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr
Alexa
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While reading this book, I wasn't sure if I should laugh or get nightmares. It was kind of weird, but not too bad. Sometimes the story was a little confusing and I feel like it was a bit cheesy and forseeable.

I think it would be a good plot for a fun movie, but I wasn't really convinced from the book.
John Clark
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarabeth Lewis is smart but far from a popular teen. In fact, she has a journal that has mostly entries about things that she'll never do or experience. Her twin brother Cameron is the opposite, extremely confident and popular. When she receives an invite to Queen Bee Teena McAuley's annual biggest party of the year, aka the Casimir Pulaski Weekend Party, She knows she probably got it because Teena has the hots for her brother. Even so, she decides why not go. At least she'll be less bored and h ...more
Lauren
Nov 26, 2012 rated it liked it
When I was first offered the chance to be part of the blog tour for The End of the World as We Know It, I jumped at the chance. It seemed like a funny book, one that had a lot of potential. Plus I loved the premise. The end of the world and four teens left to figure out what happened? That's not something I see a lot of in YA...at least in the books I read. Thankfully, The End of the World as We Know It ended up being a hilarious and fast paced book.

The End of the World as We Know combines the s
Rita
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review can also be found, at it's place of origin, here: http://weavingpages.blogspot.co.uk/20...

Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

I think what probably drew me to this book in the first place, was the mention of squishing alien butt. Somehow, that sentence just sums up the feel of the whole book, which to me, promises VERY good things.

Like I was saying, this book has such an almost ridiculous feeling to it, which just works perfectly. You'd expect an alien invasion to be quite serious, and in The En
Anya (An Awful Lot of Reading)
*4.5 stars*

Aliens invade a classic American suburbia, and four stereotypical Breakfast Club are left alive in the aftermath; I was all over this! It promised humour, fighting intergalactic beings and dealing with old grudges and boy did it deliver! There was a good balance between the gross sci-fi alien stuff and the comic relief, however inappropriate it may be, but I loved it.

The story was told with alternate perspectives between all four characters, which allowed for different thoughts, and
Jim
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun fact: Casimir Pulaski Day this year fell on my birthday. That's probably happened quite a bit during my 41 years on the planet, given that it's the first Monday in March, and my birthday happens to be March 7. So it was pretty cool back when I was elementary and high school, because, as a Chicago-area resident, this meant I got the day off.

What does that have to do with this book? Quite a bit, actually. Read it and find out.

Now, I mentioned my age earlier for one simple fact - I am not the d
Emily (Reviewer
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is full of major whit, adventure, and a total joy to read...And its about an alien invasion!?! Iva-Marie knows how to make an alien invasion fun and make you want to join in on the action!

Our heros are Leo (the burnout), Teena (the most popular girl in school), Evan (the preachers son), and Sarabeth (loner/ straight a student). After a prank by Teena the four are locked in the wine cellar at the most talked about party of the year. Little did they know that Teena's prank would end up s
Chiara
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF. The boys incessantly think about the girls, the girls are always fighting over one of the boys - like they're in the midst of a fight for their lives and all they can think about is whether they can hook up or not. The boys' chapters are full of sexist language and objectifying women - "this is strange - I, someone who repeatedly bagged Teena easily (emphasis on easy), was being a wuss when it comes to beating up aliens, but Evan, who actually seems to respect girls, and is probably a borin ...more
Dinah
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-by-friends
Shannon
Aug 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really waited far too long to read this book after I bought it for my Kindle. I ended up saving it for my vacation and what a perfect pool and airplane read! I fell for the characters, loved the setting, and enjoyed the sci-fi meets teen movie plot. In fact, I really hope this becomes another teen movie that as an adult will see on opening night! I can't wait to read more from the author and hope to see her name in lights soon!
Sandra
Shelves: favorites
I heard of the book The End of the World as We Know It, from my twitter friends,So i decided to read it. I really don't like to read about monsters or aliens,But this book was different.I started reading and i just couldn't put it down.I Was surprised that I loved this book.
It has Friendship,Romances,and Aliens.I really liked this book! And I will recommended this book to all my friends.
✿ cassandra ✿
I loved this book!! It felt as though I was watching a movie, there was a voiceover and everything!!

I really liked the characters. It was so gory and the action was pretty awesome!! The twist at the end was hilarious.

Overall, a great story!! :)
Megan  Nicole
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really really enjoyed this book! It's like The Breakfast Club with an alien invasion of purple, coffee-smelling creatures. If you like The Breakfast Club then you'll love this book!

Review to come soon!
Elena Perez
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of Breakfast Club and other rad 80's movies, I got sucked right in to The End of the World As We Know It. Witty dialogue, great characters and those aliens keep the adventure coming. A seriously fun read.
Felicia_noel
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was hilarious!
Michael Anthony
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My family loved it!
Marissa
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Awesome. Scary. Intense. Gross. Witty. I loved the characters and the writing. Full review up on blog.
Jaden (Potterhead Daydreams)
This fairly great the some betters made crige but that was really it.

*reacived to review from the publishers.
*full review up soon.
Alison
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! If you love a good laugh, you will not be able to put this one down!
Donna
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great read..very funny and I can't wait to read more from this author. make it a fun book to read!
Jana
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much fun! It's a really, really fast read and very light despite it being about the end of the world in a way, but it is like a light-hearted turn on it, and it is just a lot of fun.
Niki
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book I liked it's take on things and even though the italics bits were a bit weird. All in all I really liked it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Bargain Basement: Giveaway Going On At My Blog Right Now! 1 15 Dec 31, 2012 08:48PM
Apocalypse Whenever: Giving Away Copies of My Book! 4 29 Dec 30, 2012 04:02PM
Invasion: Randomly... 2 12 Sep 28, 2012 04:41AM
  • Demon Down (Xoe Meyers, #4)
  • Lunatic Revenge (Lunatic Life, #3)
  • DEFCON Darcy (The Darcy Walker Series #4)
  • Loyalty (Mark of Nexus, #4)
  • The Big Lie
  • Holding Court
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)
  • Just a Little Sequel (Just a Little, #9)
  • The Boy with the Tiger's Heart
  • The House In Norham Gardens
  • Mishaps
  • Haunting the Night (Past Midnight, #2.5)
  • When I Was Me
  • Almost Grace
  • Breakdown
  • Boy Kills Man
  • The Madness
Author of The End of the World as We Know It from Alloy Entertainment. It's currently available as a NOOK exclusive from Barnes and Noble. Look for it on Kindle and other e-readers on August 18.

Palmer lives in Los Angeles with her husband and son and lots of (filled) bookshelves.

For more information, check out her bio on Alloy Entertainment's official site and keep up with her at ivamariepalmer.c
More about Iva-Marie Palmer

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
  • Hate List
    $8.99 $1.99
  • I Funny: A Middle School Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Time's Edge (The Chronos Files, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Brazen (Gilded #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Girl in the Shadows (Cirque American #2)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • How to Train Your Dragon
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99