Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Oh, wie schön ist Panama” as Want to Read:
Oh, wie schön ist Panama
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Oh, wie schön ist Panama (Tiger und Bär)

by
4.31  ·  Rating details ·  4,496 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Eines Tages machen sich der kleine Bär und der kleine Tiger auf den Weg: sie suchen Panama, das Land ihrer Sehnsucht. Wenn man einen Freund hat, braucht man sich vor nichts zu fürchten!" Dass der kleine Bär und der kleine Tiger dicke Freunde sind, weiß jedes Kind. Zusammen sind die beiden wunderbar stark, stark wie ein Bär und stark wie ein Tiger. In ihrem Haus am Fluss ha ...more
Board book, 48 pages
Published January 31st 2002 by Beltz (first published 1978)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Oh, wie schön ist Panama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh, wie schön ist Panama

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
Rating details
Sort: Default
|
Filter
Mimi
Jun 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Libby & Anna
Shelves: kids-books
the English translation is" "The trip to Panama" by Janosch. I am currently trying to purchase the English version to see if it does it justice. Janosch is one of the best-known German artists and children's book authors. The tiger-duck is an absolute cult in Germany for Generations .

The stories and the writing is fresh and endearing. The little tiger and the little bear find a banana crate and decide to travel to the place the bananas came from.

In the middle of the cute illustrations you see
...more
Delphine
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After 10 years in Germany I have finally taken the time to read this classic of German children's literature. I've always loved the illustrations which you see everywhere. The story is that of a journey, colored by dream and hope, as the bear and the tiger travel to their dreamland, Panama, the country that smells of bananas from top to bottom. It tells about how discovering new things and meeting new people can change the way you embrace your daily life. A must read, up there with Dr Seuss' "Oh ...more
Martini
May 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, children
Als vor dem Haus des kleinen Bären und des kleinen Tigers eine Kiste mit der Aufschrift "Panama" angespült wird, die auch noch herrlich nach Bananen duftet, machen sich die beiden Freunde auf den Weg, um dieses wunderbare Land zu finden, denn dort wo Bananen wachsen, muss es auf jeden Fall besser sein als zu Hause. Auf ihrer Reise machen sie viele neue Bekanntschaften und erleben so manches Abenteuer, bis sie schließlich erkennen, wo es wirklich am schönsten ist.

Was habe ich das Buch als Kind ge
...more
Theresa
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably one of my favourite German children's books out there, or really, any book for that matter. The illustrations are beautiful and the story itself and the moral it conveys is just outstanding.
Irene Lazlo
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Es lamentable que haya tardado dos horas en leer este librito tan corto en alemán, eso dice mucho mi conocimiento de alemán
Gabriella
Yeah,the drawings are wnderful
N Silver Tongue La gitanita
ای جونم! این همونه که چند سال پیش انیمیشنش رو پخش کردن و من عاشقش شدم و اصلاً نمی دونستم اسمش چیه و ... عاشق شخصیتاش و نقاشیای کارتون شدم. انگاری کتابشم همونطوریه
DaniCarvajal
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's pretty interesting to see how things can change when you see at them with a different perspective.
I loved so much this book anda I think it was also by the fact that it was the first book I read in German.
Jose Guzman
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovely to read to your kids. It's like the kid's version of the book of Cohelo, The Alchemist.
Yui S
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is my childhood's beautiful memory.
Shira
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wanneer ik boeken herlees die ik me herinner van vroeger als kind, hoop ik altijd te voelen hoe ik denk dat ik me toen voelde. Meestal is dat gevoel er niet meer. Daarom vindt ik het lastig hier een mening over te geven. Beoordeel ik het boek vanuit het nu, vanuit mij? Of meer 'objectief' vanuit wat ik denk dat een kind leuk zou vinden? Dat is een beetje een dilemma - maar niet het allervreeselijkste ooit. Natuurlijk.

'Objectief' gezien is 'O, wat mooi is Panama!' een boek met mooie illustraties
...more
Tony
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this in Estonian, so I’ll leave aside for now all the issues I had with confusing sentence structure and complex grammar etc., as I can’t tell how much of this was to do with poor translation, vs. being just as odd in the original, but, instead, purely at a narrative level …. Huh!?

The English blurb here describes it as "A touching story about learning to appreciate what you have.” Except, er, it’s not. Or, at least, not unless our erstwhile heroes are to be written off, instead, as an ob
...more
Deborah
Nur wer sein zu Hause verlässt, findet heraus wie wunderbar es dort ist. Jeder Erwachsene hat das im Urlaub schon erlebt, wenn man nach Hause kommt und alles plötzlich so toll ist. Diese Erfahrung machen der kleine Bär und der kleine Tiger ebenso. Begleitet von ihrer Tigerente machen sie sich auf nach Panama, nur um am Ende wieder zu Hause anzukommen.

Eines meines Lieblingsbücher aus meiner Kindheit!
Katarina
Jun 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
A sweet little story about a Tiger and a bear trying to find their way to something better, but having fun and remaining wonderfully optimistic along the way. The illustrations are as much a part of the story as the text (which often refers to the illustrations), and feature, if you pay attention offbeat details. A book I will love to read to my kids someday.
Ivana
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Milá knižka pre menšie deti o tom ako sa macko a tigrík vybrali do Panamy, lebo v nej určite rozvoniavajú banány. A či tam prišli a koho cestou našli :-)
Pekné ilustrácie, text tak akurát pre štvorročnú Elianku, ale bola by fajn aj pre prváčika na prvé čítanie, sú tam dosť veľké písmená.
Elianka dostala na narodeniny, ďakujeme, necháme si :-)
j.
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: german, long-ago
I still remember this being one of my favourite books when I was little and just in kindergarten. My mom read this to me a lot and when I finally could read it by myself, I kind of did all the time. Beautiful story, as everything by Janosch.
Nicole
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Habt ihr gewußt wie schön Panama ist?
Panama duftet nämlich nach Bananen.
Wenn ihr mehr darüber erfahren wollt,dann fragt doch am besten den kleinen Bär und den kleinen Tiger, die kennen sich nämlich aus, die haben nämlich Panama gefunden :)
Adinda
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: prentenboeken
Mijn eigen versie is weliswaar uit 1989, maar dat ik daarmee al de 26e druk in handen heb zegt eigenlijk al genoeg: een heerlijk zelflees-prentenboek, met de intussen overbekende personages (de Tigerente!) en illustraties. Feelgood-jeugdsentiment!
Emilis Kuke
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: child
"Paskui pro šalį keliavo lapinas.
- Gal jūs galėtumėte nunešti laišką, pone lapinai? - paklausė Meškiukas. - Tigrui į namus.
- Tigrui į namus? -pakartojo lapinas. - Ne, labai gaila, bet neturiu laiko. Einu su elegantiška žąsimi į jos laidotuves.
Ak, koks trumpas tas gyvenimas, - žąsele!"
Annamária
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was obviously meant for younger children but I read it to my 7 year-old today and we had a blast. Had to laugh so hard! A very cute and extremely funny story about two little animals, and the wooden duckling, trying to find the land of all possibilities.
Hans
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Een mooi boek. De sfeer die geschetst wordt spreekt me erg aan: het kleine wereldje van beer en tijger dat opgeschrikt wordt door fantasieen over het magisch klinkende Panama. Een boek over perceptie, over de onbereikbaarheid van dromen en over de doelloosheid van het bestaan.
Nikki
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is in fact a kid's book. . .I think. lol
Rosamund
Jan 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was für ein schöne Kindergeschichte :)
Nini
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ein Kinderbuchklassiker! Geschichte und Illustrationen sind einfach nur schön und liebenswert!
Max
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really hard to read even though it is a children book. That's because it is in German.
Nandalicios
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
♥ Kindheitserinnerungen
Larissa
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An alltime favorite for me, my students, ...
Roy
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Janosch is pretty much the A. A. Milne of German children's literature. 'Nuff said.
Aliena
Oh man, how much I love this little book. Even now with 32 it's still one of my favorite children's books.
Kiberius
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was the reason I was obsessed with Panama for a long time during my childhood.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Eine Woche voller Samstage (Sams, #1)
  • The Little Ghost
  • Jim Knopf und Lukas der Lokomotivführer
  • Immer dieser Michel
  • Pünktchen und Anton
  • Die rote Zora und ihre Bande
  • Max und Moritz: Eine Bubengeschichte in sieben Streichen
  • The Little Vampire
  • Armer Pettersson
  • Die Wilden Hühner (Die Wilden Hühner, #1)
  • Little Polar Bear
91148
Janosch is the pen name of Horst Eckert, one of Germany's most popular authors and illustrators of children's books. His works have won several awards.
More about Janosch...

Other Books in the Series

Tiger und Bär (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Komm, wir finden einen Schatz
  • Post für den Tiger
  • Ich mach dich gesund, sagte der Bär
  • Guten Tag, kleines Schweinchen
  • Tiger und Bär im Straßenverkehr
  • Riesenparty für den Tiger. Die Geschichte, wie der kleine Tiger einmal Geburtstag hatte
  • Der kleine Tiger braucht ein Fahrrad. Die Geschichte, wie der kleine Tiger Radfahren lernt.
  • Kleine Tigerschule
  • Wie Der Tiger Zahlen Lernt
  • Wie der Tiger lesen lernt