Start by marking “Cooking Up Love (Arrington Family #1)” as Want to Read:
Cooking Up Love (Arrington Family #1)

Cooking Up Love

(Arrington Family #1)

What happens when a suave, sexy chef meets a cute, sassy food critic? When Shelbi Arrington accepts a position as a food critic in the hopes of burying her medical career and foregoing her residency, the last thing she's searching for is love. However, that's just what the doctor ordered especially when she lays eyes on the handsome chef, Justin Richardson. While sorting o ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 190 pages
Published July 16th 2012 by Shaw Press (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cooking Up Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cooking Up Love

Nia Forrester
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I've now read everything that Candace Shaw has out and I am really loving her work! About this book in particular, I like all the same things that have been discussed by other reviewers but I wanted to say something different. I enjoy thinking of how writers come up with their stories and getting into their head a little bit. Apart from the wonderful sweet romances in Cooking Up Love, The Game of Seduction and Simply Amazing, another, very interesting subplot is at work, one that is woven throug ...more
Reshemah
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Candace Shaw seems to have the making of a great series on her hand. This is the first book in the Arrington Family series! Cooking Up Love is about the youngest child in the family, Shelbi. Shelbi is a food critic that meets the sexy Chef Justin Richardson. There is only one problem for this couple. Shelbi's family is full of doctors, Shelbi just finished Medical school and Justin does not like doctors because of something from his past. Can these two get passed there differences and cook up so ...more
Kim
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Going in I thought this was going to be a sweet romance. It was sweet, but a whole lot of spicy as well. I loved Justin and Shelbi from the very beginning. The way they met was just pure genius. They had wonderful chemistry, and their interactions were really what love stories are made of. I didn't expect it, but their love scenes were really erotic. They were making love, and you could really feel the sensual-ness between them. What a great start to this series, and I can't wait to read more ab ...more
Consuela
Jun 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought it was a bit cheesy but still held your attention
Mikka
Jul 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I can't force myself to read this. I was already in skim mode 21% in. The dialogue is way too cheesy, and something about the way this is written just is not working for me at all.
Elise Marion
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am just going to come out and say it....this book really surprised me! Judging the cover and title, I thought I was in for a cute little story involving a food critic and a chef. I knew food would play an element in the story but at the same time wondered how the whole Shelbi is a doctor/Justin hates doctors thing was going to play out. Needless to say, my expectations were surpassed! I was not expecting the deep emotion I felt for these characters by the end of the book...especially Justin!

I
Shawntay F
I tried really hard to read this. I put this down, read a different book, came back and still I can't get past the dialog. I want to read this book. So many people love this book. I am always looking for a good book that has two African American main characters and the book isn't about drugs, the 'game', hood live or other stereotypical issues that mainstream America thinks African Americans all deal with. This seems like the perfect book. Boy meets girl, boy got a drama, girl got drama, both mi ...more
Deloris
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book I liked it I thought Justin was very sexy I liked he and Shelbi's chemistry it was smoking . The only thing I did not like was the reason he did not trust doctor s it just felt a little silly. I think this was a pretty good start to a new series.I look forward to reading the other works by Candace Shaw.
LeNita V.
Just ok for me.
Tracy Hale
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Awesome book. I didn't know about the Arrington's series, but very glad I found them. The characters are hot together. Can't wait to read book 2.
Liza Lorenz
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Original review @ www.LizaLorenz.com

Author Candace Shaw offered this book for a limited-time free download on Amazon, and I scapped this baby up fast as could be. And I am glad I did, because it gave me a fun, sexy weekend read.

There are so many reasons to like about this book. Here are my five.

Unexpected professions – normally males tend to have the alpha professions in romance novels. I liked how Shelbi was the doctor and Justin the chef. A sort of role reversal that worked perfectly.

Location
Ade Oluyemisi
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just found a new fav writer

#CandanceShaw weaves beautiful stories with good characters. I am not usually reader of romance although Brenda Jackson is my go to .when I am. Candace Shaw for the same reason.... safer sex. Relatable situations. Will read more of the Arrington Family series.
Paulette L. Jones
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good read. I love everything about southern living and my goodness does the food go straight to every place I don't want it. I love how the author called out the love of all things not good for us and killed lots of myths. I love the genuine attraction between the characters and their desire to succeed and overcome. Really good read.
Tammy
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I liked the story. The writing was good and the characters likeable. I just thought it a little naive that Justin wouldn't at least consider that Shelbi would be in some way related to the doctor from his past, especially with a unique last name like Arrington.
Betsy
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 because I probably wouldn't read again? This book was great though- a perfect beach/travel read. The characters were unique, and I love a romance novel where the lady protagonist is independent and has her own success- SO IMPORTANT. The chemistry was great, I giggled out loud multiple times and would definitely read more by this author when I needed this type of escape read.
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
Love it!

Wow! Justin has a cute history with Shelbi before she was even born. I love it. Glad he got over his anguish with her father. I am very happy that Shelbi finally made her decision. Enjoyed the ending.
Nadine Brown
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
6/18-23/17 - Ebook - Cooking up Love, Candice Shaw - Quick n fun romance read.
Shelbi Arrington, food critic meet Justin Richardson, chef n owner of Lillian's.
Msvrich
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, wish it were a little longer. The supporting characters could have more depth to fill out more background especially with Chef Richardson's sister and mother..
Dominique Panda
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was a good read. Got kinda of long toward the end. Finally, a book with relatable characters.
Barbara Williams
Book

Loved the book would request it to family and friends. Candace Shaw always bring the right kind of books to tne table.
Candee Love
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Was good
Yvonne Herron
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

I really enjoyed reading this book. Certain parts brought tears to my eyes, in a good way not sad say.
Nerissa Golden
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Made me wished the restaurant was real and I could test that barbecue sauce.
Danielle
2.5 rounded to three.
Sybil Hickman
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful!

I love reading the story of Justin and Shelbi, it was a beautiful love story to read. Their story is one of inspiration and that true love always finds a way to win.
Tongeia
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
The book was ok. A little on the cheesy side but ok.
Jannah
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nice gentle romance with a twist at the end.
Reader66
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a formulaic, wildly implausible, typical romance novel...and I shamelessly enjoyed it!
Alexa Ortiz
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love

What a wonderful love story. The love scenes are not raunchy, but of pure love. A must read to have in your collection.
Keyandra Ariyo
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arrington Family Series ... Total Rating: ♥♥♥♥♡ (4.8) (Semi-Spoiler Review) (Warning: Extensive Review)

This series includes six stories: Shelbi, Bria, Cannon story part 1 and 2, Raven and lastly Sean. *Before you ask, yes, you can read them as Standalone novels; yet, as noted by the author her recommendation is reading them in order; and I must agree. If read out of order, you will be subjected to spoilers. Now, if you do not mind spoilers, read them in the order you prefer.

Even though each Arri
  • Claimed for Destiny: Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee / The Chase Is On
  • In Her Wildest Dreams
  • Strictly Professional
  • Sultry Nights
  • The Book of Joshua I - Trust (Gems & Gents, #2)
  • A Seductive Kiss (Grayson Friend, #5)
  • Worth the Wait (Southern Love #2)
  • Recipe for Desire
  • Love On the Run (Morgan Men, #1)
  • King's Pleasure (House of Kings, #3)
  • Maybe Never (Commitment, #3)
  • A Hard Man to Love (Hawthorne Family, #2)
  • Black Magic (Black Diamond #1)
  • A Love Story (Now and Forever, #1)
  • Heated
  • Secret of Deadman's Coulee (Whitehorse Montana, #1)
  • Being Barron (Barron Family, #1)
Candace Shaw writes romance novels because she believes that happily-ever-after isn’t found only in fairy tales. When she’s not writing or researching information for a book, you can find Candace in her gardens, shopping, reading or learning how to cook a new dish.

She lives in Atlanta, Georgia with her loving husband and is currently working on her next fun, flirty and sexy romance.

You can contac

Arrington Family (5 books)
  • The Game of Seduction (Arrington Family #2)
  • Only One for Me (Arrington Family Series #3)
  • Prescription for Desire (Arrington Family Series)
  • My Kind of Girl (Arrington Family series Book 5)