Start by marking “Dangerous Talents (Vinlanders' Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Talents (Vinlanders' Saga, #1)

Dangerous Talents (Vinlanders' Saga #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  868 Ratings  ·  116 Reviews
Celia Montrose has been trained to deal with any emergency—except being thrust into another world. Nothing has prepared her for meeting the Viking descendants of the lost Vinland colony, or coping with kidnapping, murder, and magic.

Lord Dahleven is trying to avert a war when he rescues a strange and beautiful woman in the drylands. Though he fears Celia may be Fey-marked,
Published April 1st 2012 by Castle Rock Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Talents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Talents

Oleander
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel, viking
This book was really different. I was expecting a typical time travel romance where the modern girl goes back and meets a viking lover. Instead, Celia falls into a completely different world populated by vikings, Native Americans, and elves. There is a lot of Norse mythology discussed in the book that tries to explain how these people groups ended up in the new world.
Like Dorothy who kept telling everyone she wanted to go back to Kansas, Celia is a broken record about wanting to go back to Tucs
Tiblu
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Thought I was going to love it, but I came to hate it...

I don’t know what the h e l l this is but it’s NO romance...
I wasn’t a big fan of Celia but she was a 100% better than Dalheven , or however you spell his stupid name ....
Stupid jerk ,btw this book / “romance” ( which it ain’t ) is pretty clean for the most part,except Dahl’s occasional dirty thoughts and nice where she’s molested some( not down playing she’s really just threatened more than anything ) but any way This book is about misunde
Bev Haman
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unexpected Pleasure

This book was much better than I expected, and I literally couldn't put it down for long. Even though it's the first of a trilogy, the reader is not robbed of a satisfying ending. The heroine is alternately tough and soft, as needed for the situation. Realistic fighting and injuries, unlike some books where the main characters are supernaturally immune to injury.
Linda C. May
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Read

I loved the strong character of Celia Montrose. She is the perfect blend of courage, intelligence, caring, and humility. This novel I highly recommend for anyone who likes action, adventure, and fantasy combined with romance.
Theresa
Sep 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
Stupid 'heroine'

I thoroughly dislike stupid heroines and Cele, the female protagonist is just that. I get that she was hurt by a man in the past but when she continually makes critical decisions based upon that hurt I can't help but dislike her. It makes me want to shout, "open your eyes, grow up, move on." Why the hero, Dahleven continued to stick with her and make excuses for her, I'll never understand. It's one thing to be stupid for a time but to persist in it the way Cele does certainly tri
L. M. Warren
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story set up.

I loved the way this author set up this saga. I've read many books about a person being transported through time. Ancient petroglyphs was a new one for me. This lead character went to a new realm.
My only problem other than a few grammar errors was that the main character name was spelled wrong the entire book. Her name is Celia, though it's Cele unless followed by Lady then it's right. Even though that occurred the whole time I enjoyed this book enough not to take a star away
Nicky Marriott
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Impressive story telling!

What a masterful story teller is Frankie Robertson!
It is so easy to be drawn into this compelling tale of Love and betrayal, our comfort driven world as opposed to a tough unknown warrior existence.
Who do you trust when you can't trust your own?
How do you learn to trust and Love when all you've learned over the longhaul is to do the opposite?
I was there with them all, we are but human! Enjoy! You won't be disappointed.
Mary Munroe
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I certainly understand why Diana Gabaldon recommended this novel. It is a good read with interesting characters . Celie is a compelling character with flawed judgement. I can see why Dahl gets so annoyed with her. The talents are a little too convenient as a plot device. That being said, I could not put the book down. I also really enjoyed the references to Norse mythology, an area I would like to explore further.
Gaston Sanders
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best fantasy I've read in a long time...

Frankie Robertson has produced a gem of a fantasy tale with a cast of characters right out of Viking folklore. I was immediately engrossed in the plot and brave, chivalrous characters and couldn't wait for the next development in the story to occur.
A fantastic read and I, personally, intend on getting my hands on the next book by this great author.
I highly recommend this book for all fantasy fans everywhere.
Gaston D Sanders, author
Felicite Lilly
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well crafted world

This fantasy/historical/world-time travel/action-adventure/romance was just...Amazing. The stories characters and world moves seamlessly and pulls you in right away. I highly recommend this story to anyone looking for any of the above named stories. There really is something for everyone in this tale. Nice work Ms. Robertson.
Valerie Crown
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
A different twist on a romance novel

If you enjoy a romance novel, fantasy with a bit of a mystery you will like this book. I had to use my kindle dictionary and translator more then once. The characters names were different and there were many to keep track of. Overall I enjoyed the book and plan on reading the series. I like time travel romance and this one was different.
Lindberg
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Romantic Adventure

While I don't usually like romantic novels this story is a good mix of romance and magical adventure. I found the characters very belivable and the plot kept my interest right to the end. I found this book most enjoyable and recommend it to all fantasy afectionadios. Fantasy at it's best!
Karen
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Pretty good start to this series.
Falling into a different world in the mist of turmoil with plots, intrigue & everyone having different enhanced abilities is difficult. Much more difficult when you are made a pawn.
Though the adventure was interesting something irked me.
Why was no communication no problem? What made talents develop in this world? Who pulled the heroine into this new world?
Karene Pearson
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story.

I don't leave reviews very often but this was such a good book. I finished this book in two days. I loved it was a world of ancestors of Vikings and the Anasazi indians. Then you throw in the light and dark fey for a wonderful story.
Dianne Farling
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, refreshing

This series draws you in completely. Once you start reading you don't want to put it down. I've just read the first book in the series but can't wait to start the next installment.
Diane P. Blaney
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy, drama, romance and history

Thank you Frankie! The story has all of the above. In our every day lives we need a little of each. Thoroughly enjoyed. Will be reading the next one soon.
Lori Flemming
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talents are ment to be used .

Modern day women ,meet Viking man. Love at first sight is always suspect ,but add a touch of danger and forbid the two to be together . Love always finds a way .
Theresa Diedrich
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Intrigue , action, mystic, romance all intertwined in one story is excellent. I cannot wait to read your next story. I hope the characters carry over to a new episode. Thank you for writing this.
Wanda Taylor
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review for Dangerous Talentsl

This is a very good book. I am looking forward to more books in this Vinlanders' Saga series.
Wanda Taylor
Wendi
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good time travel book

Good story in characters the names of the characters in trip you up sometimes but it doesn't really take away from the story great book to get lost in
Natalie
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series 1 has it all!!

Suspense,mystery, friendships, love...And I just fell in love with the characters and some you love to hate,I can't wait to start on book 2!
Pat Raab
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An exceptionally well-written tale of character and courage, love and hope, but also death and destruction.
Dawn Woldhuis
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

This was a fantastic book, details woven carefully without tedious explanation. The Norse lore, blended with Cele's discoveries of other legends... Hmmm what will book 2 bring?
Dianne Jacobson
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good

Wonderful connection between the Norse mythology and modern time. Lovely aspect was the Native American connection as well. Highly recommend.
KAREN E MAYNARD
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intriguing

Loved the story.I want to read the next book in the series. Loved the inclusion of a missing civilization from our time
Ali Hammer
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This story was amazing! I recommend it to anyone with a liking for fantasy novels and romance novels. I can't wait to read the next of the saga!
Karen Petros
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I didn't anticipate how very good this book was. Kept me reading all the way till done. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Kakina
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Long story
DOT LARARD
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
An intriguing story.

I quite enjoyed this book and would like to know more of the characters. An Interesting scenario. Is there more in this series?
Tammy
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fantasy
Shelves: 5-stars, kindle
Loved it
Not quite time travel mostly another dimension. That touch of fantasy mixed with danger that leads to a love story.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #154 - Dangerous Talents 1 1 Aug 31, 2015 08:25AM
Book Giveaways: Dangerous Talents - FREE Fantasy Novel 1 15 Aug 25, 2015 07:43AM
  • Refine (House of Oak, #4)
  • Consequences (The Celtic Vampyre Saga, #3)
  • Somewhere in Time
  • Another Dawn
  • Legion of Bats
  • The Between (Changeling's Choice, #1)
  • Celtic Fury (Celtic Storm, #1)
  • Redeemed (The MacKays #2)
  • Dark Revelation
  • The Time Heiress (The Time Heiress, #2)
  • The Starry Child (Starry Child, #1)
  • Escaping Destiny (Tapestry Chronicles, #1)
  • Bannockburn Binding (Beloved Bloody Time, #1)
  • Ninth Crossing: Discovery
  • The Call (Time Masters, #1)
  • The Mannequin (The Mannequin #1)
  • Amulet (DragonBlade #1)
  • Lady in Waiting (The Lady Series #1)

Vinlanders' Saga (3 books)
  • Forbidden Talents (Vinlanders’ Saga, #2)
  • DEBTS (Vinlanders' Saga #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99