Start by marking “The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)

The Leopard Prince (Princes #2)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  8,146 Ratings  ·  489 Reviews
THE ONE THING A LADY MUST NEVER DO
Wealthy Lady Georgina Maitland doesn't want a husband, though she could use a good steward to run her estates. One look at Harry Pye, and Georgina knows she's not just dealing with a servant, but a man.

IS FALL IN LOVE...
Harry has known many aristocrats--including one particular nobleman who is his sworn enemy. But Harry has never met a b
ebook
Published April 2007 by Grand Central

To ask other readers questions about The Leopard Prince, please sign up.

Jen Yes, it is not a continuation from the first book. The two heros from the other two novels do make a brief appearance.

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Did I really finish two whole books on a work night? I'm officially the superhero of reading (and also, on an unrelated note, the superhero of not getting enough sleep tonight).

Man, when Elizabeth Hoyt is on her game, she is on her game. I've had several misses since reading the book that originally turned me onto this author, DUKE OF SIN, but reading THE LEOPARD PRINCE reminded me of why I got into her writing in the first place.

Lady Georg
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
4.5/5

Once again, Elizabeth Hoyt has given us unconventional characters in extraordinary circumstances, brought together in a truly lovely story.

Goats are dropping like flies all over Lord Silas Granville’s lands. Tempers are flaring, accusations being cast and Harry Pye is at the center of it all. He knows he’s being framed for the deaths and is determined to find out who the culprit is before Granville, who is also the Magistrate and long time enemy of the Pye family, can see him hanged. Harry
Jilly
I don't know. The heroine is kind of stupid, and the hero is kind of crude. He's supposed to be just a low-born guy, so I guess they needed to prove that a lot. And, considering how much she cared about fashion and superficial B.S., I had a hard time believing them as a couple. It was more like he was a new toy that she wanted to play with, and she is used to getting what she wants.

She wants his stick all right..

The only thing that kept me reading was to find out who was killing the sheep. And,
Baba
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicals
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED
"I'm yours to do with as you wish, my lady."

4.5 stars.

YORKSHIRE, ENGLAND, SEPTEMBER 1760
Harry Pye is Lady Georgina (George) Maitland's land steward. Admittedly, the hero seems to be pretty average at first sight. Average height, rather lean, brown hair and he wore brown clothes, as if to camouflage himself. Our hero seems to be cold and stoic, too. But despite his being rather average, he's got stunningly beautiful green eyes, and if you look a little bit closer, you'll rec
Beanbag Love
Nov 21, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This should have been a five star. It was soooo close. Until the last 20%.

Basically the heroine does something TSTL at the end and we have to wallow in that manufactured nonsense for the rest of the book. Then the ending comes abruptly, we have a sweet little reconciliation and it's over. No epilogue or nuthin'. Boo!

Harry Pye and Georgina "George" Maitland are a nice, unique couple. He's her land steward and she's the sister of an earl who's aunt left her everything she owned. So she's got more
Shin Mon Thway
As always, Elizbeath Hoyt never fails to amuse you.

I love how she named her heroine “George”. That itself was amusing. And I loved the chemistry between George and Harry while the coach broke down and they had to stay in an abandoned hut to avoid storm. I think this book reflects on Hoyt’s feminism since our heroine is apparently a very unusual and eccentric lady for her era. I really enjoy how she managed her properties and how brave she is when she needed to stand up for Harry. She was one he
Floripiquita
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha gustado bastante, quizá algo menos que el primero. Es bastante entretenido, a pesar de lo inverosímil de algunas situaciones tan modernas allá por 1760.
Mo
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable read in this series. How I love when the aristocrats fall for the commoner. Don't you?

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SLIGHT SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Mrs Hoyt,

After I finally got around to reading your first book, “The Raven Prince,” I was hooked on your writing. I knew I had to have this book, “The Serpent Prince”. Well, now that I’ve finished this one I’m starting to panic. Only one book left. “Gah!”

I’m happy to say that I find Harry and George’s story more realistic than the first book. In the mid eighteenth century, I find it easier to believe that a lower class man and an upper
Karen
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

I forgot one thing when I told you about the end of the fairy tale."
Her almost husband smiled down at her and asked gravely, "What was that, my lady?"
"And they lived happily ever after."
"So they did," Harry whispered back, and kissed her.

Another fabulous story. Very very different from the first. Loved it.
Keri
There is no way that I can review the book well enough that would relay how much I loved this book. But I shall give it a try. I fell in love with Harry, just like Georgina. How could I not? Harry and His Lady made the cutest couple and the love scenes were hot as well.

I liked Harry for being just a regular guy. He wasn't very tall or hulking. He was just a simple man with sexy green eyes. A working man trying to do his job. He also didn't take any crap off anybody. He might have been his Lady'
Julianna
Oct 12, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Sensuous Historical Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" With The Leopard Prince, Elizabeth Hoyt has authored another solid story in the Princes Trilogy, and has once again, shown her talent for creating unusual characters in a unique situation, as well as an ability to write a good mystery. Ms. Hoyt continues her “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” theme with two rather ordinary characters. Georgina is described as a plain woman who is certainly no beauty. She is a bit too tall for a woman, has untamable curly r
Daniella
The Leopard Prince was almost perfect. Ms. Elizabeth Hoyt's writing is one of the best I've ever encountered, and she definitely did not disappoint with this book. The way she weaved words together was just amazing. Every sentence commanded my attention; every word made me feel.

And of course, there were the characters. They were so brilliantly created, every one of them. From George and Harry up to the last of George's brothers, I loved them all (except the villain, of course). Hell, even Will,
Caz
I'm actually giving this 4.5 stars, but unusually, am rounding up rather than down. Why? Two words. Harry. Pye.

This book has been on my TBR pile for quite some time, so when I saw that one of the prompts for the AAR Days of the Week Reading Challenge was to read a book in which the hero or heroine is a landowner, a farmer, a gardener, a botanist, or a book that has the words "garden" or "flower" in its title, or the book is set in the country side, I immediately added the book to my list.

There a
-y.a
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hr
2.5-stars
Mystery? Flimsy.
Tension? Non-existent.
I enjoyed the first book The Raven Prince, and Wicked Intentions from Maiden Lane series by the author. I thought this book wouldn’t be a disappointment. Grrr..The Leopard Prince has such an unrealistic plot line between MCs with romance that can only be described as ridiculous. Plus, I have no idea why Lady Georgina falls in love with her land steward Harry. The part I really like is Harry's interaction with his brothers. Very endearing.
Audrey
May 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I love how Harry calls George "my lady" because she is, indeed, his lady. *le sigh*
Juliana Philippa
George + Harry + their relationship = amazing!!, but mystery subplot could have used some work (4.5 stars)

Another absolutely lovely book by Elizabeth Hoyt! At the time I'm writing this review, I've read all three in the Princes trilogy and have to say that my ranking in terms of preference follows their order in the series.

The Leopard Prince was close on the heels of The Raven Prince (5 stars), but the biggest complaint I have with this book was the mystery subplot. Had it been simpler, it could
Robin
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wealthy Georgina Maitland, daughter of an Earl, owns a country estate that was left to her by her aunt. When she receives a note from her sister, George is escorted home by her land steward Harry Pye. On the way home from London, a storm causes the carriage to crash and George and Harry seek shelter in a nearby cabin. When they finally arrive at her estate, George is told that someone has been poisoning sheep in the area. The prime suspect is Harry Pye. George doesn't believe Harry could ever do ...more
Cathy (cathepsut)
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
The opening line sets the tone of the book nicely:
"After the carriage wreck and a bit before the horses ran away, Lady Georgina Maitland noticed that her land steward was a man."

It's been a while since I read the first book and I don't remember anything of it, except that I liked it well enough to get the next book. The Leopard Prince worked well as a stand-alone.

Decent world-building, the first few pages had me giggling immediately. Good backstory, interwoven well with the main plot. The evil l
Maureen Feeney
Feb 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lady Georgina Maitland is 28, wealthy, single and intends to stay that way in order to keep her independance. She has hired a land steward to run her estates, Harry Pye.

When she returns to her estate in Yorkshire, Harry gets blamed for poisoning the sheep by Magistrate Silas Granville. He insists George fires him before he arrests him, but she stands by Harry. As tension mounts throughout the story we learn there is a history between Silas and Harry. When George stays loyal to Harry a relations
Pepa
Soy muy consciente de que la historia es totamente inverosimil... al menos para mí, me cuesta mucho creer tanto la actitud de ella como de toda su familia ante ciertos hechos. Aún así, lo he disfrutado de principio a fin. Sin embargo, otros temas, están bien documentados ya que lamentablemente eran muy asiduos.
Él me ha encantado, me pueden estos hombres tan estirados, jajaja
Juega bien con el tema del culpablre y te hace dudar entre tres o cuatro.
Cierto también que puede que sobren escenas hot,
Dee
3.5 Star

Another enjoyable read from EH but have to say that I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first one in the series.

I tried to work out exactly what had affected my enjoyment and I think it was because Harry came from the lower class than Georgina. I know that sounds a bit hypocritical as I don't mind when it is vice versa as in the man coming from Upper Class and woman from lower classes etc but I don't like it the other way around - weird I know but there you go ha ha.

Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
I've enjoyed Hoyt's books (the few I've read), but they always seem to be missing that IT factor for me: that thing that will keep me reading the same book again and again. She writes well and is capable of producing a solid romance, so I know I can turn to her books if I need to read something I'll definitely like.
kris
Nov 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Georgina "George" Maitland is besotted with her land steward, Harry Pye. Harry Pye thinks aristocrats are yucky and dumb. Also, there are poisoned sheep and a neighbor desperately wants to see Harry destroyed. So what are our intrepid couple to do? SEX, OF COURSE! LOTS OF SEX!! THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING!!

1. The sex fixes nothing.

2. Someone is planting Harry's carvings alongside the poisoned sheep (view spoiler) but neither Harry nor George consider P
Cheryl
Something different from the same old "titled gentleman sees lady, lusts after lady, compromises lady, titled gentleman and lady marry and live happily ever after"!

Instead:

"Wealthy Lady with land sees land steward who also happens to be a common Man, man is wanted for suspected killing of sheep, Lady seduces man, man resists seduction, man whittles some wood, Lady seduces man again, man allows himself to be seduced, a whore is murdered, whittled wood shows up everywhere, Lady falls in love with
Eliza
Nov 14, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, see. I didn't expect to like this. Who could fall in love with a hero called Harry Pye? And really, the back cover made it seem kind of boring, with no real reason to read. But as usual, the fucktard that wrote the cover copy got it completely wrong. Harry is quiet and funny and confident and the problems he has with the relationship really make sense without being insurmountable, though they might have been, and in the less deft hands of some other writer this book could have been a train ...more
Denise
Nov 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A bit different from your typical historical romance. George is an independent woman who is firmly on the shelf. She has her own money and property thanks to an inheritance from her aunt. She is not a great beauty and has never met any man that interested her enough to become involved with. Then she meets Harry, her common land steward. She likes this type of many man, too bad he is too common to marry, but... Things heat up for her from there. This was an engaging read with my favorite type of ...more
Lelyana
Feb 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD.....!!!!!
Ready for Harry Pye...He's so sexy...cannot help falling for him....

This is a story :

Di pekerjakan jadi land steward, mandor di lahan manor nya Lady Georgina (spinster,28 tahun), Harry Pye, terpaksa menemani Lady nya pergi ke manor itu dari London. Di tengah jalan,sebelum sampai ke Manor George, roda kereta mereka kejeblos ,kena becek2 hujan yg lebat. Jadilah basah2an mereka berlindung di pondok terdekat disana. Malam itu membuat Harry sadar kalo saja dia bukan s
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hawt-sex
Hoyt is a very reliable author for me. I don’t think she’s written a book that’s less than three stars and, regardless of quite where it falls on the rating scale, I always enjoy her work. The strange flip side of that is that she’s never an outstanding author for me. I think I’ve given her five stars once (To Beguile a Beast, if you’re interested – injured hero/‘fallen’ heroine/cute well written kids: catnip). Mostly though, she’s solid, not spectacular.

Which is a rambling way of saying: this
♥Sharon♥
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I so adored Harry Pye and Lady Georgina Maitland. They were very much suited for each other even though he was just a commoner. A delightful story indeed. ❤

• Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2)
  • She's No Princess (Guilty, #4)
  • The Proposition
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • Surrender of a Siren (The Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy, #2)
  • Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2)
  • Private Arrangements
  • Lord of Ice (Knight Miscellany, #3)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • The Spymaster's Lady (Spymasters, #1)
  • The Duke of Shadows
  • Untouched
  • Follow My Lead (The Blue Raven, #3)
  • One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
Elizabeth Hoyt is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance. She also writes deliciously fun contemporary romance under the name Julia Harper. Elizabeth lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota with three untrained dogs and one long-suffering husband.
More about Elizabeth Hoyt

Princes (3 books)
  • The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)
  • The Serpent Prince (Princes Trilogy, #3)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • Once Upon a Prince
    $9.99 $0.99
  • To Whisper Her Name (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest (A Medieval Fairy Tale #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Man (Blue Heron #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The View from Rainshadow Bay (Lavender Tides #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Shhh,” he murmured against her mouth. “Don’t talk. Don’t think. Just feel.” 14 likes
“Be that as it may, a gentleman doesn’t continue to press his
attentions on a lady who can’t return them.”
“Then, as I see it, you have two problems, my lord,” Harry said.
Tony’s eyes narrowed.
“One, that the lady does, in fact, return my attentions, and two”—Harry turned to meet the earl’s
gaze—“I am no gentleman.”
12 likes