Start by marking “The Billionaire's Desire” as Want to Read:
The Billionaire's Desire

The Billionaire's Desire

(The Hunter Family #1)

DETERMINED TO SUCCEED

Sarah Vaughn put her life on hold to raise her brothers after their parents died, and now it was her turn to live her life. After graduating from college at 32, she landed a dream internship with an international investment firm. Sarah wants to make partner there one day and she is willing to do whatever it takes.

She commutes in to downtown on the trai
Published July 7th 2012 by Lovely Day

To ask other readers questions about The Billionaire's Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Billionaire's Desire

Lady Raven RAVE!
Story: GOOD
Intimacy Level: VERY SPICY
Enjoyment: GOOD
Length: 473 Kindle / 30pages

THOUGHTS

I actually prejudged this book before I read it. I thought it would have been an eight minutes read of them meeting on a train wam bam thank you ma'am, and then shock, to know who the stranger was. However, the author was leading to a build up between the main characters which will lead to a part 2, and I would like to read that like yesterday. When the story starts out, your thinking, cute and sweet but it l
Shelley
Dec 28, 2012 rated it did not like it
Gah! The things I read in a bid to make my target. I hang my head in shame...
Ann
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book can't wait to read more books by this author
Stefanie
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica, freebies
This book was surprisingly an ok read, very short but still ok. After reading the other reviews, I guess I need to read the other two books. This first book gets right to the point, 20% into it you get a steamy train scene. If you're looking for a quick steamy read then this is the book for you. Definitely need the rest of the books in the series.
Kl
Jun 16, 2017 rated it liked it
For a very short story I guess it was good. It was just totally written in the land of fantasy. Nothing, nothing at all about this short story was based anywhere in the realm of reality.

So if you like a really quick totally unbelievable read. This books for you. If you want a tiny, ever so slight, bit of some reality, skip this book.
Susan Bray
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Brilliant story cannot wait to read some more very exciting it's got t o be very interesting bring it on
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
In the past you wouldn't catch me reading a sort story. I just felt they were a waste of money. But the past year with so many independent authors more and more shots are surfacing and most are surprisingly decent. I find now they are a great distraction while waiting for appointments or something quick before bed.The Billionaire's Desire was no different. I enjoyed it very much but it was off.

I just didn't feel pull of attraction between Sarah and Joshua. When they had their naughty freak mom
Divalish Smile
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was a complete miss for me. I did not believe or feel the "chemistry" between these two characters. I thought their first encounter in the bathroom was awkward and I found myself rolling my eyes. I was also a bit bored constantly hearing about her desire to be successful at this job and how awesome she is at this job, blah, blah, blah. I don't care. I found myself skimming thru this story and I shouldn't want to do that with a short story like this. I also didn't believe him as a Dom. Typic ...more
Deborah
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, faults and all.

Having read 'Jealous Billionaire' by this author I looked around for more of her work, now I make so secret of the fact that I hate short serial novellas/books, I've no patience for the wait in between, they usually end on a cliffhanger and work out expensive by the time you've got them all, box sets however I like since there's no wait and they generally work out cheaper. Anyway that's how I came to read this series.
The synopsis covers the book well so I'll jus
Bitchy
Nov 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: millionaires
What can I say that I haven't said before about controlling men & pathetic, weak women. Sarah is just way to eager to make partner at the firm that she's willing to be someone's lap dog & take orders no matter what.I didn't like her at all. In a nutshell, she's not much different than a prostitute. And Joshua is a controlling, arrogant ass. How about the fact that when they had sex in his office, there was protection used? Who just does that? They're both complete strangers to eachother ...more
Christina Lyn
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good thing by the time I came across to this books all the series is already out. Its going to be pretty much a big cliff hanger in every series. I enjoyed reading this so much that I finish this in one day. the moment they met is totally hot and to think she has all the ability every man wants; beauty, intelligent and sexy. I thought their love story is flawless but then when I reach the last series things between them are getting more serious and the situation is far more different from the fi ...more
Adrienne
Apr 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
Weird....The ending....What??

Why? That's the real question. It had potential and it was going well, the whole stranger encounter went off well and it was even endearing how she didn't put it together that he was the owner of the company until later. The ending and the whole 30 day setup was a terrible way to end it. I was unconvinced and it didn't make any sense, plus the proposition was ludicrous. Dubai? Why? Most importantly what is this business?
Tiffany Callan
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book does exactly what it says on the tin, it's a short story filled with lust, sex and a hot billionaire, the story starts off mysterious, exciting and a little bit lusty, the middle is full of desire, wishful thinking and some awkward moments (for the main character) and the end leaves you anxious to read more, excited for what's to come and googling the author to find more of her work :)

Story: 5
Characters: 5
Cover: 5

Great short read, will be sure to follow this one

TJ
Alisha
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I didn't like the story split up in 3 different books but once I finished reading all 3 and I wanted more!! I loved with this book that was so different with the other books I've read is that Joshua was very honest and straight forward with his feelings toward her. I would have like to read about what happened in the 9 years but all in all great book! I read Jake's story "My Forever in You" immediately. I can't wait for the next one!
Clair McKane
Nov 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
The story was good enough, I did find the way she let a random on the train touch her intimately a little hard to imagine but the rest of the story line followed the pattern of this type of book. I wanted to go on to read the second book but thought the price was too much for just a 70 odd page story.
Amelia
Aug 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
I think I'm officially over the poor-girl-meets-control-freak-zillionaire plot. This book falls into that category whole-heartedly. I didn't like Sarah, she seemed a little eager-beaver to me and joshua, well, I really didn't like him one bit. There was not one thing that endeared me to him at all. I'm glad it was a novella/ short story because at least it was over quick.
Amanda
I would give this more of a 3.5-4.0 it was a great start to a short story, I just hope the rest of this series holds up with the way this one started. If it keeps with how this one started then it will be a great short story.
I really like Joshua Hunters character...he's just enough cocky, and smartass.
Xhex87
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This one HOTT start to a series. I am even more excited because there was a reference to The Blackstone Affair in the front matter of the book. The Blackstone Affair is in my top 20 so I can't wait to finish the series.
For just 30 pages the author did a great job of pulling you in and developing a great start to a series that I think will be one HOTT affair.
Mel Bedford
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read all of The Billionaire's Desire and started the sequel My Forever is You and I really liked this series and the author's writing, but I have stopped reading the series because I refuse to pay $2.99 for unfinished stories. Stop stringing me along and write a full book and charge me one decent price! Keep that in mind if you start with this book!
Heather
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book. The whole meeting a stranger on the train that she lets seduce her without a second thought. Then having him show up at her work???? But once it's explained...a little...then you really just wanna rip the guys clothes off ;)
Skye Burling-Briggs
When a book starts at 8% you know it's going to be short!!! I wish that all 5 were in ONE BOOK!! Why is it that they are broken down into 5 50 page novellas at $2.99 EACH?? This one was a freebie on amazon, but now to decide if its worth buying the rest?!
Angel **Book Junkie**
Not for me definitely not a good read. The first 2 pages were great but the rest (the fantasy part) were pretty awful. Not erotic at all and very boring read. I read a lot of billionaire books and this one did not do it for me.
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really good free book from Amazon. Very sexy short story only 30 pages. Unfortunately is part one of a series which the other books are £1.99. For me story's not compelling enough to pay for next lot.
Laura Clark
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reveiwed
This is a strange one for me!
Strictly speaking I enjoyed it but I'm nature why? firstly it is very short and the speed it far too much, but also its quite harsh in the way it has been written. Theres no real emotion in it!

But if you want a little bit of fun, I say go for it!

xoxo
Milena
Jul 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Quite predictable however I actually enjoyed it. Way outside the realm of possibility however a girl can still have her fantasy!
Amber Escalera
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rated-reviewed
I lived this book hard to put down
Amy
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sarah is a wonderful Character and Mr Hunter...yummy!
Gail
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was alright but not great. I do want to read the next book though, because I liked the characters.
Isabel Mansfield
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable light reading
Julz
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
loved this book, can't wait for the next book.

• Sweet Jealousy: A BDSM Domination/Submission Romance (Episode #1)
  • What Money Can Buy (What Money Can Buy #1)
  • Seduced by the American Millionaire (Louisiana Liaisons, #1)
  • Everlasting Hunger
  • Allure Magnified (Allure, #2)
  • Not at First (Not at First, #1)
  • My Brother, My Rival (My Brother, My Rival, #1)
  • Hot Water (Elements of Love, #1)
  • What He Demands (My Alpha Billionaire, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Runaway Bride
  • Curve Contract
  • The Kanellis Scandal
  • Sin
  • Taking the Job (Taboo)
  • How Not to be Seduced by Billionaires (How Not to be Seduced by Billionaires, #1-3)
  • Katie's Art of Seduction (Awakening Desires, #1)
  • Taking Control
  • Seductress of Caralon (Brides of Caralon, prequel)
Ashley Blake likes to combine a good romance with steamy love scenes. She has been reading erotic romance for years and believes a good story should have a perfect blend of both. Her goal is to write stories that stimulate your heart and your senses.

The Hunter Family (7 books)
  • The Billionaire's Desire 2: Dubai Confidental
  • The Billionaire's Desire 3: Ultimate Bliss  (Submitting to the Billionaire)
  • My Forever is You Book 1: Reunited
  • My Forever is You Book 2 of 2: Resolution
  • The Billionaire's Desire Bonus Book 4: Breakable Bonds, Part 1 of 2 (Submitting to the Billionaire)
  • The Billionaire's Desire Bonus Book 4: Always and Forever, Part 2 of 2 (Submitting to the Billionaire)