Start by marking “Elyograg (Briarcliff Series, Book One)” as Want to Read:
Elyograg (Briarcliff Series, Book One)

Elyograg (The Briarcliff Series .5)

3.1  ·  Rating details ·  104 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
"The paranormal romance that centers the story and pulls you into its embrace like a lover you had forgotten how much you enjoyed kissing. There is mystery and more than anything there is the need to find out what dark secret lies at the core of it all.” Sookie Stackhouse Reviews

YA Paranormal Dark Fantasy for Adults
Published 2012

To ask other readers questions about Elyograg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elyograg

L.A. Miller
Aug 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
So below was my first review, this is the updated review. Do not bother with this book. If you read Gargoyle the first book in the series this entire book is the first chapter of that book in the correct order. Talk about a rip off for those people who originally purchased this book when it was offered. Now I understand why it is free on Amazon.

Where do I begin? I guess I'm glad I didn't purchase the book. Sometimes writers try something artistic and in this case it failed miserably. The story w
Tiana Dalichov
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
It was not the blonde that held his gaze; loosening the grasp of the stone façade that bound him . . . it was the one with the bewitching green eyes. His cold heart thumped soundlessly in its confines as he fought to come back from his granite sepulcher.

Elyograg enraptured me from the first page and pulled me along for an exciting, albeit confusing, ride through Beaumont's world of magic and mystery. The characters were realistic and fun, the plot driving and irresistible, and the premise unique
Sadie Forsythe
Aug 16, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendable
This is not a stand alone book AT ALL. In fact, another reviewer who read the rest of the series stated that this is literally the first chapter of the first book, so it's not even its own piece of writing. Talk about a waste of time! What's more, while the actual writing is fine the story if not. It starts out with something mildly interesting and then moves backwards through the day leading up to that point, getting progressively less interesting, until it is reduced to describing bedrooms and ...more
Becky
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this. Just bought the second one (: Gargoyles . . . . .

Loved the writing style and the way everything is backwards.
Stephenie  Black
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a little confused by this book at first. The time-flow is insane. However, once I got used to it I really enjoyed it. The characters were funny, hot and real. Just the way I like them.
Andrea
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Old world gargoyle notices or starts to wake when teens start planning a party at the estate. From the statues point of view, very interesting...
Cynthia
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Liked it very much!
Just weird to read a story backwards...
Bonnie
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
on to book 2. love the story
Lisa P
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good start, but...

I was expecting a full length novel, but it's a novella. The story definitely pulls you in but leaves you completely hanging at the end.
Lorraine Beaumont
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Author's Note:
This book has been revised, reedited and rewritten substantially. The original series was entitled "The Gathering Series" but due to a conflict in names I changed it to a more suitable name--the name of the town where all the "strange happenings" occur, Briarcliff. Anyway if you were a fan of the old book I hope you will like this one even better and if you have yet to read the book, I hope you will consider checking it out.
Lorraine Beaumont
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-book-2013
This is my book, so I want to thank everyone for giving it a try and reading it. I know it is a little disconcerting with the backward time flow but that is how I originally wrote this book, as an introduction to the series. Not to worry it is not necessary to read if you don't want but I thought some of my readers might enjoy how it was originally intended to be read. Anyway thanks for reading and I hope you like it.
xo Lorraine
Amanda
Jun 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
Another novel about teenagers that have way too many sexual intentions. It's immature in its very nature as a story and not just because of the age of its characters. Perhaps it could have been a good story if there was just a realization that books don't have to have kids having sex to gain a reader's attention.
Katherine Paschal

A little confusing since it was told in reverse. It was only 50 pages which I didn't know ahead of time, and I try to avoid short stories because not a lot of character development occurs, which was part of the problem with this book. I will most likely give it a second chance with the second book because it did end on a cliff hanger.
Rita
May 19, 2013 rated it liked it
This started out very promising. Then the next thing I know the story went into reverse order. I am not a fan of reading something backwards. It kept my attention but then I would get to the next chapter and sigh curses because of the order. I plan to read Gargoyle, it seems like it's done the traditional way.
T.
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Very weak... the book, Gargoyle spelled backwards, is told in reverse chapter order, which found novel and fresh-- but there's a reason people don't do it like that. Glad it was free, but it doesn't inspire me to read anymore of the series which these freebie novellas should be doing for the writer.
Rachel
Jul 19, 2016 rated it liked it
So, I read this thinking that it would be good to get a foresight on the first book. I didn't care for the writing, but sometimes, when you have a 0.5 in a series, the writing differs slightly. I wasn't a fan of it though. The friend was a bitch. The guy was a dick. And I was pissed at the main girl because she was still friends with these people.
Amy
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
difficult to follow....
Vicki Mcgough
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The prequel to the Briarcliff series, it sets up the characters and the situation nicely!
Lanie Sanders
May 01, 2015
Candice Tadlock
Nov 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Wolf Ring (Wolf Ring, #1)
  • Taken Into The Wolfpack: Book #1
  • The Heart Denied
  • A Collection of Scary Stories (Creepy Collection #2)
  • All That We See Or Seem
  • Child of Stone (Shardwell, #3)
  • Gen #2
  • Slippery Souls (Sunray Bay, #1)
  • Chosen (White Wolf, #1)
  • Natural Selection
  • Blood from a Stone
  • Betrayal of Magic: Doma: Department of Magic Book 1
  • Wolf
  • Bast's Perfume (Goddess Revealed #1)
  • The Babel Codex (Rogue Angel, #43.5)
  • The Bathroom
  • Ammey McKeaf (The Chronicles of Azulland, #1)
  • Incubus Master: Captured 1
#1 Bestselling, #1 International Bestselling Author-Award Winning Poet, Gargoyle enthusiast, Time Traveler, Red Shoes that Glitter Collector, and Creature of the Loch Aficionado.

List of Books

Ravenhurst: A Victorian Christmas
Lucian (Coming Soon)
Ravenhurst-A
More about Lorraine Beaumont

The Briarcliff Series (2 books)
  • Gargoyle (Briarcliff Series, Book Two)
  • Degare (Briarcliff Series, Book Three)