Start by marking “My Ex From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Ex From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #1)

My Ex From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy #1)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  1,704 Ratings  ·  295 Reviews
Pass gym.
Get revenge on the mean girl.
Saving the world was never part of the curriculum.

Prior to the Halloween dance, Sophie’s biggest problems are the bitchy girls at her boarding school and her mouthy behavior landing her in detention.

Then she meets bad boy Kai. And gets the kiss that rocks her world.

That kiss reawakens Sophie’s true identity: Persephone, Goddess of S
Published April 1st 2013 by Te Da Media

To ask other readers questions about My Ex From Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Ex From Hell

Jaime Arkin
I'm not sure that this book could have been more perfect.

photo tumblr_mde7vpNjZo1rzz2hho1_500.gif

Sophie Bloom... I'm not even sure how to describe her other than to say I wish that she and I were friends in High School... I think it would have been a whole lot more fun, and a lot more exciting.

Sophie attends Hope Park boarding school and we first meet her plotting revenge against Bethany..."that red-haired, black-souled cow". Yes she has a nemesis in this story and while you might be shaking your head thinking 'of course there is a
Aqsa
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Funny.
Katy
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
I really liked "Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls" so I am SO disappointed that I didn't care for this one. Sam Cruz was a bit shallow and rude, but it was hilarious and fun to read. There were a few good moments, but I just didn't feel the same about this book.

First of all, I couldn't connect with the characters. There was just something about Sophie that I just didn't like. She's not really the shy girl that gets bullied, nor is she the spunky girl who doesn't give a crap about what
Jenn
A Greek goddess hidden away in a 16 year old. This book could have been super cheesy…but it wasn’t. It was sooo good. I loved it. Like big puffy heart loved.

description

Sophie Bloom is just your average 16 year old girl. She goes to a boarding school, has a close group of friends, has a nemesis, and schemes to take down said nemesis. During the night of the Halloween dance, Sophie’s plan to take down Bethany (nemesis) goes slightly awry when a simple kiss turns out to be something more. This something awak
Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews)
The review is also available on my blog, Bows & Bullets Reviews

Sorry, I’m just so fucking happy. I’ve been in a reading slump lately where I have enjoyed a few novels, but I’ve not LOVED anything, you know? I’ve found some funny/wacky/amusing/heartful/insert positive adjective here novels lately, but nothing that has made me want to bow down in front of his magnificence. Well, ladies and gentleman, here it is. This novel has me groveling on my knees at its awesomeness and I can honestly say
Estelle
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Original review posted on: Rather Be Reading Blog

I can’t be the only person who sees Greek mythology and thinks of this guy:

Right?

Before I launch into one of my favorite Hercules songs, I should say that I don’t normally read paranormals. But every once in awhile I’ll crawl out of my comfortable cocoon of contemporaries and try something new. My Ex From Hell‘s title was so catchy and who couldn’t get behind a name like that? We have ALL been there.

Sophie, a ballsy teenager, known for pranks espe
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I have a split personality on this book. On one hand, I think that the writing style was fresh and fabulous. This is my first book by this author and I am definitely going to read more by her. I like her brand of snarky, sarcastic, confident YA writing. However, my issue with this book was with the plot. I found that it dragged at times and it just couldn't keep my attention. I was skimming at the end because I just wanted to finish it, which is a shame because I think the author is capable of s ...more
Booknut
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of mythology and people with a dry sense of humour
"Who knew when I was cramming Greek mythology for my English final, I was studying the family tree?"

Sassy, magical and perfectly executed My Ex From Hell is a modern take on Greek mythology filled with nerdy Titans, dangerous dragons, Hades-sent boys, peanut-butter chocolates, and feisty goddesses who are sure to have you falling hook, line and sinker for this YA tale with a twist.

Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
3.5 Stars

This was highly entertaining in all its unexpected glory!

I'm half Greek so I take an interest - whenever it suits me - with all things Greek. Especially Greek Mythology, cause let us face it, who wouldn't love insanely OTT bundles of bloody whatthefuckery?

So, this one is about Persephone but it gets of the well known myth into a spin off, which I did like. Not sure if the blutant inaccuracy was planned or not but somehow it works for this if you don't go neatpicking that is.

Points I l
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
So...I remember some blogger pals back in the day -- some who are no longer with us, sadly 😢 -- raving about this series. I caught the first two books on sale back then and downloaded them for my Kindle, but I remember thinking that I've read quite a few Persephone retellings and if you've read one, you've read them all. (Wrong. This book is clever and funny and snarky and just fun.) Have you ever just NOT known what to read next, like you've searched through the library and Amazon and Audible f ...more
Kar Achondo
I completely loved this! I didn't expected it to be so good, I loved Sophie's voice and Hannah's brains, it all was an amazing surprise!

Updated: March 13, 2012

description

I received a copy of this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Being the first book on a series it makes a great first impression. I loved it from the very first page. The story is narrated from Sophie's point of view and it is awesome, because everything she thinks seem so authentic that you can actually say: "That's a
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
My Ex From Hell is one of the funniest craziest book I have ever read. I love me some mythology but this was so much more. It was mythology and some crazy friends who betray and hide things and secrets man could these characters well one in particular held some secrets. Theo man oh man I need more of him because not only is he hot sex on a platter but he has this whole dark and mysterious I have deep secrets vibe going on and that is what I love because his character grabbed me and held me and I ...more
♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)
You can read this review and more on my blog:

I received a free copy of this book from the author via Young Adult Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

When I started reading this book, I was not in the best of moods. I was tired, sore, and had a massive headache. Reading this book at that time was a huge mistake on my part. I thought this was going to be a cute light read, and it was, but nobody warned me about how funny it was going to be. I was laughing so hard that headache
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I was fortunate enough to receive a copy of My Ex From Hell for part of a book tour hosted by Xpresso Book Tours, this will in no way effect my opinion on the book!

My Ex From Hell is about plain ol' regular Sophie Bloom at boarding school, with her best friends Hannah and Theo, and has the best Halloween prank planned to take down Queen Bee Bethany a notch or two.

This is where Sophie's regular lif
Naiya
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don’t always read YA books, but when I do, they usually have something to do with Greek mythology. So when I saw this book’s premise, I had to give it a read:

When, in the middle of a revenge prank, Sophie ends up kissing a handsome stranger, sparks fly and she gets flashes of a past life as a Greek goddess. Oh, and the guy she’s kissing may or may not be her ex from her time being a prisoner in Hades, the Greek underworld. Oh, and the Olympus Powers That Be may want her dead.

Just another day i
Marynea Collina Bautista
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
My Ex From Hell contained a unique, alternate dimension of Greek Mythology, specifically on Hades x Persephone tale, and as a huge shipper of those two, I was very much satisfied. I completely loved it even from the first page; it was funny, adorable, and enjoyable to read. The characters were all fun to read, and of course, the mythology elements were spot on and detailed very well.

Perhaps the part that I loved the most was the way it was written. Darling had let us see the world of My Ex Fro
Sakina

My Ex From Hell and I got off on a rocky start. It didn't captivate from the first chapter itself. I took time to warm up to Sophie and her gang. Though the later half of the book was interesting. I am no expert in Greek mythology so I liked the educational part. Things were explained well enough to give me a basic understanding of things. And the humor, that was one thing that kept me going through this book.

Carina
Oct 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
It was ok. Some parts I kept rolling my eyes at, and then when I had the thought, "I should just DNF this", it picked up to a good part, and now I found my self thinking, "Oh yes! It just needs to stay like this until the end!". But it didn't.
It was an up and down ride for me. Good parts, bad parts. Bored, entertained. And that confused me more, because I usually stick to one feeling for a while.
I think the writing style is fast paced. A little too fast paced? I think for me, yes. I would have l
Tiffany
I love Greek Mythology. Especially stories about Hades & Persephone.

Spoiler alert, this is not your average Persephone story. Instead of being kidnapped and obsessed by Hades, in this story it is Kyrillos Prince of Hell! Hades is far to self absorbed to be entranced by another God. So this is a love story about Persephone & Kyrillos. How they bonded over having shitty fathers, defied everyone and stayed together. Until Persephone was murdered.

Sophie is a misunderstood teenager. Locked
Alexandra Harris
I <3 me some Greek Mythology, and especially a retelling or adaptations. That being said this book was kind of a futuristic Adaptation, it was a new twist to the story of Hades and Persephone, or in this case Kia and Sophie :)
The actual number I give this is 2.5 but the reason I am rounding up is because the ending was TOO much of a cliff hanger.
This book has teenage angst, hormones and some funny and witty dialect sprinkled though out the story. Though it also has plenty of face palm moment
Ilinalta
May 03, 2015 rated it liked it
I didn't finish this book due to how stiff the book was. It was a long tedius battle with the actual book to try to read it, which is unfortunate cause I kinda liked the story. I got too tired battling with a book to actually read it, so I'm dropping it.

I'm not sure what the publishers thought when they decided to make the book as stiff as 50 layers of cardboard. Maybe if I find a better edition I'll finish the book up.
Yana Polishko
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really balanced narrative, character depth and diversity, well-crafted world and uninterrupted plot developement.
Nadia Said
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kelsie and I did this review on our website, pagetrotter.blogspot.com
Feel free to go there for more of our reviews!

Now because Nadia and I could not agree on who should write the review we are both doing it. Dogs and a bone. ALSO! We would like to thank the awesome Tellulah and Te Da Media for the ARC, y'all rock! And now the goods...

Me first, me first, me first!!!!

Kelsie's review (because she fights dirty and it not above acting like a five year old on a sugar rush):

SQUEEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!
Nuzaifa - Word Contessa
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Stop by Say It with Books this week to read our chat review,to find out what cartoon character wrote her Master's Thesis on and to win a copy of My Ex From Hell!
description
Nuzaifa: Hi Everyone! Since the response for our first chat review in April was amazing we have decided to make the chat review a monthly feature here at Say It with Books. So welcome to our second chat review-Today we will be reviewing Tellulah Darling’s YA romantic comedy, My Ex from Hell! J
So Rach tell me what are your thoughts on My
Andrea Heltsley
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Sassy

This book was cute and sassy with a touch of flirty. The main character Sophie aka Persephone is a snarky drama queen with two fabulous best friends. Add high school angst and superpowers of mythical proportions, and you end up with this little gem of a read. Persephone in modern culture, not Ancient Greece. Looking forward to seeing what happens after that epic cliffhanger. Four glittery stars!
Heidi
Dec 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Three stars: An entertaining, modernized version of an old Greek tale.

Sophie is sick and tired of always being the one who is in trouble, especially when it comes to her ongoing feud with the school's popular girl, Bethany. Bethany never gets caught and she seems to have everyone wrapped around her little finger. Sophie decides to go big by plotting a wicked revenge. Sophie intends on breaking up Bethany's little make out session scheduled for midnight on Halloween with some hot guy she just met
Laura Hartley
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
So I recently downloaded a whole heap of books and I had absolutely no intention of reading them until my exams were over, but curiosity got the better of me and I started looking their reviews up on Goodreads. Most of them sounded alright, but when I got to 'My Ex From Hell', I found two very, very convincing reviews (if I don't manage to convince you to read this book then go check theirs out because they most certainly will) and an overall rating of 4.6 which is pretty darn high. I don't thin ...more
Belle
Dear Your Royal Imperialness Demeter, Goddess of Grain and Fertility, Preserver of Marriage, and Bringer of Seasons,
Or can I just call you Mom?
Bet you never thought you’d be hearing from me. Sorry for not having written sooner, but until about twelve hours ago, I didn’t know you existed. Nothing personal.

I AM PLEASANTLY SURPRISED.. this book was not what I expected.. but SO MUCH MORE!

“How big was my rack?” I asked hopefully. “Such tact,” Theo admonished. “I never noticed.”
“How would big boobs
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a little weary writing this review, just because I don't want to sell the book short and because I'm scared of spoiling it for whoever reads this review prior to reading the book.

I haven't read Darling's Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide To Getting Girls (and I will be!!), but I love that my introduction to her work is My Ex From Hell. The book in a nutshell is brilliant. It has a unique combination of romance, comedy and a fresh voice that you won't find from anyone else.

Here is the plot without
Rachel R. (My Book Empire)
“In the improved movie version of my life, I came back with the best comeback ev-ah."

Do you know the feeling when you totally didn’t see something coming? That’s what I felt when I read My Ex From Hell. When I first heard of it, I expected it to just be another typical story of a teenage girl and a bad boy and you know the story. But when I started reading it, I was instantly engrossed and I liked Sophie right away. She’s witty and downright hilarious! I know readers will absolutely love her a
  • Louder Than Words
  • The Guardians Crown Parts One and Two (The Sacred Guardians #4)
  • The Witch Collector Part I
  • Ciao (Stories About Melissa, #3)
  • When I’m With You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #3)
  • Sun Damage (Sunshine, #3)
  • Unreap My Heart (The Reaper Series #2)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • inDIVISIBLE
  • Creators (The Lost Souls, #3)
  • The Perimeter (Outside #3)
  • Burned (Crushed #2)
  • Heart Shaped Rock
  • Taking Angels
  • A Safe Space (Someone Else's Fairytale, #3.5)
  • Daughter of the Earth and Sky (Daughters of Zeus, #2)
  • True Fate (True Fate #1)
  • A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight, #1)
Tellulah Darling
noun
1) YA & New Adult romantic comedy author because her first kiss sucked and she's compensating.
2) Firm believer that some of the best stories happen when love meets comedy and awkwardness ensues.
3) Sassy minx.

Both a hopeless romantic and total cynic, Tellulah Darling is all about the happily-ever-after, with a huge dose of hilarity along the way. Her romcoms come in a variet
More about Tellulah Darling

The Blooming Goddess Trilogy (3 books)
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • My Life From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • Just a Drop of Water
  • One Moment
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
“Let me be a lesson to you, kids. There is a reason you shouldn’t get all cocky. Because if you do, the universe will come along and kick your ass hard.” 18 likes
“Because when you’ve been around forever, you have to find something outside yourself to believe in or go mad. I believe in humanity. I believe in you.” 14 likes