Start by marking “To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)” as Want to Read:
To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  182,464 Ratings  ·  20,073 Reviews
What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them… all at once?

Sixteen-year-old Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the
Published March 20th 2015 by Penerbit Spring (first published April 15th 2014)

To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny HanIsla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie PerkinsWe Were Liars by E. LockhartSince You've Been Gone by Morgan MatsonWhat I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
2014 Contemporary YA
258 books — 1,939 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,547 books — 9,118 voters

More lists with this book...

Avery TheLibrariansDaughter
If I wrote this book it would go a little something like this:
To all the boys I've loved before...
Fuck You.
description
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
There are certain lines that you do not cross, and coveting your beloved sister's ex-boyfriend is one of them. That's why this book made me gag a little.

This book was purposeless. There was no ending. There was no romance. There was no character growth (and the main character was pretty dumb to begin with). I don't usually read contemporary YA novels, but when I do, I have certain expectations. I want sweetness, I want a character that matures, and I want some really cute romance. Yeah. Me. Want
C.G. Drews
REREAD #2: February 2018
So I absolutely frikkin ADORED this book when I first read it and proceeded to order book 2 immediately and then wait in agony for it to arrive. And then (remember: SO MUCH AGONY)...I proceeded to not read it. Because my ship. My ship. Anyway I went ahead and forgot the whole thing so that's great of me. I'm only now rereading it because I own the second two books and intend to read them soon.

SOMEONE HOLD ME TO IT OMG or I'll just keep rereading this one until my heart ex
Raeleen Lemay
Well... That was disappointing.

I absolutely could not stand Lara Jean's voice. She sounded like a child, even though she's 16 years old. STOP. She also cried any time something mildly unfortunate happened, and that got old real fast.

I fail to see how any of the romance in this book was cute. There are two love interests, and both of them were horrible. I wasn't rooting for either of them at all.

ALSO, the letters, which I thought would be a big part of the story, were really only used as somethin
Emily May
May 07, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Blurb: Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control in this heartfelt novel from the New York Times bestselling author of The Summer I Turned Pretty series.

The Reality: Privileged, boring, 16-year-old girl (whose "voice" sounds closer to 12) feels sorry for herself because her sister's boyfriend doesn't want her. Until he does. Conclusion? There is none. Just a lot of faffing about, moronically pining, and an inconclusive non-ending.

2014 Contemporary YA sucks. So many books I'
Regan
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
I read this in a day. SO CUTE.

Follows a girl called Lara Jean and through her life she has written letters to all the boys she has loved in her past, she keeps these letters safely tucked away from the word. However, one day she finds they are gone, her letters have been sent out, and everyone she has ever loved now knows. Including her older sisters ex-boyfriend. This story follows Lara Jean as she struggles with her relationship with her older sister and her past loves.

It had so many levels,
Christine Delilah (Maramochabooks)
Straight out of a Taylor Swift song.

Disclaimer: I do like Jenny Han, I love her covers, and I think she's a good writer. With all that being said, I have to comment on the characters.
Please don't take this too seriously.

Plot Rundown:
Lara Jean is an invisible, Potterhead, Tumblrite, anime fan, non-partygoer, aka: Relatable teenager.
...So typical teen Lara Jean writes love letters which she never sends to her crushes, in order to get over them:
“If love is like a possession, maybe my letter
Shreya (☆High Lady of The Night Court☆)
I was extremely shocked when I started reading this book. The intention was to read the first paragraph and if I didn’t feel like it I would pick another book. I couldn’t stop. I read the first sentence, the first paragraph, the first chapter and that's it, I was not going to stop, it just wasn’t an option anymore. There are few books that will rope you in so completely that you can't help but keep reading, this is definitely one of them. I loved everything about this book, the characters, the s ...more
Jessica
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
Reread in June 2015 for my Goodreads group readalong! Loved it just as much the second time!

1st read:
SO CUTE.
I loved the Song sister's relationship! Can't wait for book two! I didn't realize at first that there were going to be more and I was so sad that this book was over :(

Keep watching for my full review! PLUS a giveaway is coming soon near you soon!! *wink wink*
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, finished-series
“Do you know what it’s like to like someone so much you can’t stand it and know that they’ll never feel the same way?”

To All The Boys I've Loved Before is as quirky and cute as it's protagonist.
After the first few pages I wasn't sure I would finish this book. Everything seemed so picture perfect, so girlie. The way Lara Jean always said "Daddy", how Kitty outwitted any other living nine-year-old, etc. But I'm glad I kept reading, even though the plot wasn't overexciting and very predictable. N
Whitney Atkinson
Apr 24, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was so dramatic and childish that I just could not enjoy it. Lara Jean's plan was so foolish and the love triangle in this was so irritating that I found myself craving the scenes that focused on family rather than relationships. I gave this book some stars though because I listened to it on audiobook in two sittings and it was rather addicting, even though I hated Peter and the ending was a bit of a let-down. You might like this if you're into dramatic, cheesy YA books about jealousy ...more
Natalie Monroe
EDIT 8/2/2014: Marking this down to one star. My original 3-star review can be found below.

Let's kick off this review with a little music:

Look at me, I'm Lara Jean!
Lousy at figuring out mysteries
Won't drive a car unless I absolutely have to
I can't! I'm Lara Jean!

Watch it! Hey, I'm Miss Goody Two-shoes
I was not brought up that way
Scandalized by
Peter cheating off a quiz
Because cheating is so wrooooong.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is our protagonist. The girl whose head we have to live in for 288 pa
Brianna H
This sounds adorable!

And looks pretty adorable too!

Taschima
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was actually super engaging. I loved the main character, her navigation through her crushes and past loves, and her family!

Full review to come.

Old Update:

I love this title. Like, really love it. It's just, we all have boys we have loved before so it resonates. Plus it sounds like quite a beginning to an awesome letter to all your past loves about why it didn't quite work out. We can only hope for a very juicy/scandalous explanation.

description
emma
This was...fine.

Like...it didn’t take a long time to read. It was fun sometimes. Significantly less fun at others. Good characters, bad characters, couldn’t-care-less-will-forget-their-names-ASAP-could-you-BE-any-flatter characters. It was just a very eh read this time around.

Well, I can say a lot. This is me we’re talking about, guys. You could hand me a sewing machine instruction manual and I’d end up writing a thousand-word review on the “not like other
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Still just as cute and lovely as the first time I read it (back in 2015). I love these characters so much. These books just make me want to spend time with my family. Love!
Samantha
Jun 25, 2014 rated it liked it
On further consideration, this is more of a 3.5 star for me.
PRAMI
Dec 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
3.5 Stars

They're turning this into a movie now! *Squeee*

Lara Jean is a half Korean teenager who is the middle sister to older Margot and little Kitty. Their mother passed away nine years prior to the events in the novel. So basically it's Lara Jean and Margot who looks after the family. In the start of the book, Margot goes away to Scotland for college. And thus the responsibility of her Dad and little sister Kitty falls under Lara jean's shoulder.

It is a very sweet portrayal of a family who de
prag ✨
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
i hate lara jean more than i hate people who hate lila bard and that's all you need to know about this book
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, contemporary
SPOILER FREE REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG3FN...

*Reread April 2016
Still enjoyed it!

That ending though...
That's all I have to say
April
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Surprisingly good. Absolutely loved the relationship between the Song/Covey family.
Steph Sinclair
Actual rating 2.5 stars. This might change after I think more on it.

I really enjoyed the dynamic between Margot and Lara Jean, the banter between Lara Jean and Peter and the Harry Potter scene with Josh and Lara Jean. The novel had a few high points, but it didn't consistently hook me scene after scene the way I was hoping for. Still, I can completely see why it's a beloved book by many of my friends. Full review to come maybe.
Chloe
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I literally read this book in one sitting!
I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the next one!
Brianna
Jan 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was one of the few people who was lucky enough to win this book in the giveaway. I had been a huge fan of Jenny Han ever since The Summer I Turned Pretty, and couldn't wait to read her newest novel.
Unfortunately, this book was just one giant disappointment for many reasons.

First of all, the main character was completely unrelatable and unrealistic. While in this YA novel she was supposedly in her later high school years, it seemed more like she was an annoying 13 year old girl trying to grow
Tabetha
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sixteen year old daydreamer Lara Jean has written love letters to all the boys she has ever had crushes on. These are not typical love letters but are more like good bye letters that help Lara Jean have some closure over the boys that broke her heart. When the letters are mailed without her knowledge, she is beyond upset. As her crushes begin to receive the secret letters, Lara Jean must provide an explanation to the boys, and a romantic comedy soon begins to unfold...

"To All the Boys I've Loved
Kristina Horner
Nov 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, romance
This is a 3.5 for me.
These kinds of contemporary romances tend to be addictive, so I did read it quickly, -- but I did not enjoy the story very much. I found Lara Jean to be immature and childish (referring to her parents as 'Mommy' and "Daddy' at 16 was so irritating and her innocent views of the world made her often seem younger than Kitty) and I found I disliked almost every character in the book.

Neither Peter nor Josh seemed like someone I wanted to root for. When your choices are "the guy
Katie
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This is about a 3.7. I read this in one day. I honestly didn't want to put it down and I barely did. Jenny Han does contemporary really well. The way it ended was not how I thought it would when I started, which is always cool. I loved the relationship between the three sisters so much and found it really sweet and believable. Sometimes with contemporaries I find the mundanity of daily activities in the stories boring, but that didn't happen here. Which was really, really nice.
Perks Of Being A Fangirl
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: awesome-covers, 2014
SOO EXCITED!!!!

Kate ♡
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
BLOG REVIEW:

I started this book a few weeks ago, and because of school I didn't really get much of a chance to read it, but once I did I went from page 120 to 420 in a matter of hours. I loved this book!

Well, I have now found my most relatable book character/protagonist of all time. Lara Jean literally is me (minus a few details but you get the picture). I absolutely loved her as a protagonist, and I just kept finding myself thinking wow, she is so real an
  • The Art of Lainey (The Art of Lainey, #1)
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Open Road Summer
  • The Museum of Intangible Things
  • What I Thought Was True
  • My Faire Lady
  • Ask Again Later
  • Faking Normal (Faking Normal, #1)
  • Nantucket Red (Nantucket, #2)
  • The Chance You Won't Return
  • The Chapel Wars
  • The Geography of You and Me
  • Bright Before Sunrise
  • Magnolia (Magnolia Branch, #1)
  • The Book of Broken Hearts
  • Belles (Belles, #1)
  • Biggest Flirts (Superlatives, #1)
  • Being Sloane Jacobs

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (3 books)
  • P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2)
  • Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • Just a Drop of Water
  • One Moment
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
“When someone's been gone a long time, at first you save up all the things you want to tell them. You try to keep track of everything in your head. But it's like trying to hold on to a fistful of sand: all the little bits slip out of your hands, and then you're just clutching air and grit.” 1043 likes
“You'd rather make up a fantasy version of somebody in your head than be with a real person.” 867 likes