Start by marking “The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)

The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery #3)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  2,942 Ratings  ·  224 Reviews
Darcy Merriweather is Enchanted Village’s newest resident Wishcrafter—a witch who can grant wishes for others. But as Darcy prepares a celebration for a magical florist, she discovers that every rose has its thorns…

Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy

Christine
Nov 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozies
This is the third book in the witchcraft series. Darcy Meriwether is a wishcrafter who can grant wishes. Darcy is getting ready for harriett harkette's, a magical florist, eightieth birthday party. She is also celebrating her witching hour rose. As Darcy is finalizingthe details, she comes across the cake deliverer, Michael , dead. When his ghost refuses to leave darcy alone until his killer is caught, darcy starts investigating.

I enjoy this series. This was a fun addition to the series. I enjoy
Bird
I will pretty much read whatever Heather Blake/Webber writes. Having said that, this most recent installment of the Wishcraft Mystery series frustrated me a bit.

Here's what I can't understand: Why can't someone just wish that the crime would be solved? I know that Darcy can't fulfill her own wishes, but she's allowed to fulfill other Crafters' wishes if the Elder feels it's acceptable. Wouldn't the Elder want the murder to be solved, therefore she would have no problem allowing Darcy to fulfill
Elliot A
I absolutely adored this story. In addition to the humour the reader got to know (and hopefully appreciate) in the previous two installments, the reader is now in for a treat as an element of spookiness is added to the wonderful medley of genres that makes this series so endearing.
To begin with, the reader will find this story to be much more character focused as we can trace the development of the protagonist and the immediate secondary characters, and it also provides greater depths into the c
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: para-witches
The Good: Amusing, as the series always is. The introduction of the possibility of ghosts was interesting, though I'm glad it seems to not be a permanent addition. In this instance it was very helpful in giving emotion to the case Darcy found herself in the middle of, as well as giving her a very good reason to continue her involvement. With all cozy mystery series, the romance is slow going. But, what I especially like about this series is that there are real obstacles that come up that warrant ...more
Cat Tutt
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series just continues to get better! I wouldn't have imagined I'd enjoy a series about witches so much, but I absolutely love it. This one was my favorite so far and I can't wait to read #4!

*5 Stars
mlady_rebecca
Unlike J.D. Robb's NY, the residents of this little town must be getting creeped out by the string of murders. Hmmm, that thought may be a sign I'm reading too many of these back to back. Although, no problem, I just caught up with the publishing schedule.

The murder du jour is a young delivery boy named Michael, who Darcy met and liked, but we never met on screen before his death. Until his death being key, as Michael's ghost attaches itself to Darcy, waiting for her to solve his murder.

Darcy's
Barbara
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 founded to a 4
Again, Darcy Merriweather, finds herself smack dab in the middle of a murder nvestigation. This time the deceased has imprinted himself to Darcy, as she was the one who found his body. Now it's up to Darcy to solve the mystery of his murder so he can move on.
We have many of the previous quirky/magical characters and a handful of new ones. And, the theme of flowers, and the magic that surrounds them is the centre of this mystery.
A cute, light read.
Jessica Robbins
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...
Amy
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic fall read

No matter what time of the year you read this, it will transport you to the crisp season of fall. I was kept switching who I thought would be guilty but I figured out the secondary mystery pretty fast.
LORI CASWELL
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013

As You Wish, Darcy and Aunt Ve’s personal concierge service has been hired to throw a party for magical florist, Harriette Harkness. She is 80 years young and plans to celebrate. She is also celebrating her new Witching Hour rose, it is the very first all natural midnight black flower
Suspense Magazine
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Harriette Harkette, a Floracrafter, is throwing herself a formal 80th birthday party complete with black roses and a stripper. Harriette can’t do this on her own so she hires Darcy and Aunt Ve’s personal concierge service, As You Wish, to make it the most elegant birthday bash ever! It will also be the perfect opportunity for Harriette to show her newest creation, the midnight black Witching Hour rose.
The party is a hit except for a few minor problems. First, the cake is late and the cake delive
Laura Agnella
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy by Heather Blake is the third in the wishcraft mystery series and I am devouring them. I find that they are perfect cozy mysteries to snuggle up with and am already grabbing the next one from the store.

This series gets rave reviews from me. I've spoken before about my love for the characters. Each character living in the Enchanted Village has their own appeal. Eccentricity is the norm and in this installment, we get some new quirky characters to love (or hate).
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given a gift by the talented author, Heather Blake. The gift was an Advance Reader's copy of this stunning book, 'The Good, The Bad, and the Witchy.' Not only was being thought of a treat, the book, itself, was one great read!

Darcy Merriweather, a young woman possessing powers of a Wishcrafter (she can grant wishes for others,) has found a home in a section of Salem's outskirts, known as The Enchanted Village. Darcy has found friends, family, and thanks to her Aunt, Velma, a good job. The
April
Okay, book 3 really pulled me into the series fully. There is much to like here, even with the flaws. It is still a bit more recap than I needed. It is something I will just have to deal with in the series.

The romance takes more of a front seat here, getting more into the relationship for Darcy and Nick. We also see more of Ve and her love life. This book also introduces us to Flora and Tera crafters who are into growing things, plus illumi crafters who are intriguing with their talents. With t
Amee.21
* * * * * Spoiler Alert * * * * *

I loved this book. I adored her connection to Michael and what became a deeper friendship but also a truer friendship. By that I mean it wasn't just heavy and trying to find out about the murder, there were funny moments, sticky & gooey ones and a hot one.

This book was emotional for me and I don't know if I was alone in that. Some things weren't so mysterious, like Tilda's disappearance. But it didn't matter to me I was pulled in by the magic of any & al
Darcy
This book got very messy for Darcy, causing issues in her life. Yes there was the big issue of finding the dead body and then wanting and needing to figure out the killer, but more importantly was how doing that caused little waves in her life. I really liked the help that Darcy had in this one, mostly because the person helping had the most at stake, even if it didn't alter the final outcome. The relationship developed was great and I was sad to see it end.

I really would like to see Nick and Da
Melissapalmer404
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Book #120 Read in 2014
The Good, the Bad and the Witchy by Heather Blake

This is the third book in a paranormal cozy mystery series. Darcy is a Wishcrafter....she can grant other people's wishes. Set in a magical village, this series is a comfort read for me; I enjoy the characters and the setting. In this book, local crafter Michael is murdered and his ghost has imprinted on Darcy. To help him find peace, she wants to solve the murder. To try to do so puts her at risk. This series has the cozy my
Betty
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
Will a ghost imprint on a person? Darcy has bad luck as Michael's ghost imprinted on her and he goes everywhere. Michael was delivering a striper cake to a party hosted by AS YOU WISH. We meet different kinds of crafters in this story. We learned about illum, flora and land crafters and there ability. Black roses have been shown and won awards. They have been feuding for a number of years. Dacy romance continues. I find the introduction of so many different crafters it hard to keep track of all ...more
Ava
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As I said after reading the first part of this witch series, I couldn't wait to start this one. I was not disappointed. Again an easy read, but still engaging, logically continuing the development of the character, which had been introduced in the first book. A book you will not want to put down until finished, just because it is so relaxing to read.
Melodie
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
I don't think Heather Blake/Webber knows how to write a bad book! I have yet to pick up anything by her that wasn't a page turning treat! This one was no exception. I was really stumped as to who the killer was! I think I'm going to need to come up with a flow-chart to keep all the crafters, half-crafters and wanna-bes and their powers straight! Great read! RECOMMEND!!
Ashley
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Good, the Bad and the Witchy was a masterfully crafted mystery that left me guessing until the very end as to who the killer was. This was a very fast moving book that I did not want to put down. I have loved every book I've read by Heather Blake and this one was no different.
April
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one is my favorite so far out of the 3 in the series that I read. I really enjoy the characters! I can't wait to read the next in the series. I am trying to be patient for my delivery from Amazon. :)
Cindy
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. The author has a way of taking you to her mythical town and making it real. You never even question the fact that they are witches, it all seems normal.
Candace Davidson
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Magically wonderful!
Sabra
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Still very "Murder She Wrote," and why doesn't anyone leave this murderous little village? It has to be the murder capital of Massachusetts.
Ann
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great series to listen to, each book has been fun to read and get to know the characters. Ready for the next one!
Henrietta
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Darcy!
Barb
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Darcy Merriweather is Enchanted Village's newest resident Wishcrafter-a witch who can grant wishes for others. But as Darcy prepares a celebration for a magical florist, she discovers that every rose has its thorns.
When magical florist Harriette Harkette decides to throw a lavish eightieth birthday party for herself, she hires Darcy’s Aunt Ve’s personal concierge service, As You Wish, to plan the soiree. But turning eighty isn’t all Harriette is celebrating—the Floracrafter has recently created
Millie Taylor
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Matthew Galloway, Jennifer Ong, Kari Ramirez
Shelves: audiobook
Yay, another mystery! This one was interesting in that it involved a ghost. Darcy once again gets involved in a murder, but this time, the poor guy who was killed can't cross over until his killer is found. His ghost imprints on Darcy and she has him with her most of the time. The story gave me my usual amount of laughs. Thankfully Darcy wasn't as repetitive in this one. Mimi and Aunt Ve are still adorable. I liked that we got to hear more from Melina (Missy), Archie, and PePe in this book. You ...more
Madison Mega-Mara...: The Good, The Bad, and the Witch - 15th May Book 1 3 May 30, 2013 07:11PM
  • Bewitched, Bothered, and Biscotti (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #2)
  • Tarnished and Torn (A Witchcraft Mystery, #5)
  • Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine, #3)
  • A Custom-Fit Crime (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #4)
  • Peach Pies and Alibis (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery, #2)
  • Tulle Death Do Us Part (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #6)
  • Pall in the Family (A Family Fortune Mystery, #1)
  • Trouble in the Tarot (A Fortune Teller Mystery #3)
Also writes as Heather Webber

Heather Blake grew up in a suburb of Boston, and enjoys going “home” in her novels. As a young mother, she tried her hand at writing novels and hasn’t looked back. Currently, Heather lives in the Cincinnati area, and is currently hard at work on her next novel.

15 Things You May Not Know About Me
1) I am completely, hopelessly addicted to Dr Pepper.
2) Three of my favorit
More about Heather Blake

A Wishcraft Mystery (8 books)
  • It Takes a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #1)
  • A Witch Before Dying (A Wishcraft Mystery, #2)
  • The Goodbye Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #4)
  • Some Like It Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #5)
  • Gone With the Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #6)
  • The Witch and the Dead (A Wishcraft Mystery, #7)
  • To Catch a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery #8)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Lord Peter Views the Body (Lord Peter Wimsey, #4)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
  • Six Wakes
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Death in the Devil's Acre (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #7)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Bluegate Fields (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #6)
  • Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • American by Day
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)