Start by marking “Polterguys, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Polterguys, Vol. 1

Polterguys, Vol. 1

Bree is a smart but socially awkward college girl who ends up moving into a house that's haunted by five ghost guys. She's the only one who can see these ghosts so she has to help them resolve their unfinished business.

Winner of the Xeric Award 2012

Available from the author's website at http://polterguys.laurbits.com
Published June 29th 2012 by Mumo Press

To ask other readers questions about Polterguys, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polterguys, Vol. 1

Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
(Regarding the last page - I KNEW it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Fun read, wish I had the next volume!

Full review here: http://www.mangamaniaccafe.com/?p=6911
Kristen
In Polterguys, Bree is a nerdy college student who is studying to become a doctor, but is a bit awkward when it comes to relationships. When she moves into a house haunted by five guy ghosts, she is a bit put off, but soon learns to live with her new roommates. When a strange man comes out of nowhere and tries to take them through a portal, she promises to help them resolve whatever is keeping them there. The only problem is, they have no idea who they are or what their lives were like before t ...more
Andy Goldman
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Polterguys is a black-and-white, manga-style "story of a nerdy college girl befriending a bunch of ghost guys and solving their unfinished businesses." The nerdy girl is named Bree, the college town is a take on Berkeley, and the guys are all hiding in an old rental house for reasons that become clear as the story progresses. First off, let me say that this is a super-professional-looking manga comic, one that I would not have been surprised to read in Shonen Jump.

The art is excellent and the wr
Rachel
This graphic novel is the story of awkward and nerdy Bree, a new college student, who finds herself living alone in an old house. She's never really fit in, she was always more interested in her studies and had a hard time relating to the other kids. She thinks college will be different, though - a place where everyone is there to learn. Unfortunately for Bree, making friends in college has been just as difficult as it was before. After going through several roommates, Bree scores a room in an o ...more
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I started reading this, but I am liking it a LOT. You have this cute, nerdy character who is socially awkward and doesn't get along well with people, but it's not because she's a bad person, she's just more introverted and is studying to be a doctor. This was definitely a character I could relate with, and I think that is one reason I liked this book so much.

The storyline itself is also interesting, though it does leave some questions unanswered. But that
Susan
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE POLTERGUYS!!! Smart, funny, and so so cute. Drawn with loving attention to both characters and story, which alone would steal your heart, but together--whoof. I keep checking to see when the next one might be coming out. Can't wait to get my hands on the sequel to this bad boy! <3
Lexie
Prelim Review: Well I found myself a new series to follow folks.

Full review to be posted at Poisoned Rationality
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Definitely looking forward to the next book!
jgyweniverel
So you have the address for this place? Anyone out there? This is a gotta have itgiik!
Nicholas
Jul 24, 2012
Dec 26, 2018
Jul 24, 2012
Ask Laurianne Uy: * Polterguys Vol. 1! 1 3 Sep 18, 2012 01:49PM
Laur has been drawing comics since she could pick up a pencil and has had her works published in high school and college newspapers. She served as an award-winning contributor and as Arts & Graphic editor for Chabot College’s The Spectator.

Laur may have attended UC Berkeley as a History of Art major but cheated the system and wrote her honor’s thesis on manga and female representation as seen