Start by marking “Star Wars Omnibus: Clone Wars, Volume 3: The Republic Falls” as Want to Read:
Star Wars Omnibus: Clone Wars, Volume 3: The Republic Falls

Star Wars Omnibus: Clone Wars, Volume 3: The Republic Falls

(Star Wars Omnibus: Clone Wars #3)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  146 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Collects Star Wars: Republic (1998) #70–#77 and #81–#83, Star Wars: Obsession #1–#5, and Free Comic Book Day 2005. Well played, Darth Sidious. Well played. The end of the Clone Wars is in sight, but so are the end of the Jedi and the fall of the Republic! Obi-Wan Kenobi recruits Anakin Skywalker in a desperate hunt for dark Jedi Asajj Ventress that will lead to a showdown ...more
Published December 26th 2012 by Dark Horse (first published December 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars Omnibus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars Omnibus

Ivy
5 stars

Nice to know more of what happened during the Clone Wars. Want to learn more about Quinlan Vos. Liked seeing all the Jedi. RIP all the Jedi who died.

Can't wait to read more Star Wars comics!!!!
Jaime K
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
(closer to a 3.5)

Towards the end of the Clone Wars, the Jedi Order is under duress. They are losing valued members and being led on hunts (sometimes traps) for Grievous, Ventress and Dooku.

Dreadnaughts of Rendili: 3/5
- The art was mediocre
- Rendili is already under Separist control. There though, Obi-Wan finds Quinlan Vos and has to trust that he'll be on the same side as the Jedi, especially against Ventress.
- There is true Obi-Wan snark with Anakin, as the latter goes to save Plo Koon (who wa
Cassandra
It's interesting to see how far the opinion of the Jedi and the Clone War became at the very end, I never could believe that the Jedi were regarded with suspicion and mistrust but after reading this I get it. To the regular people in the Galaxy the Jedi steal babies, they brainwash people, they serve the Senate and do whatever the corrupt politicians tell them to do. Now all of that is what the Sith wanted the people to think and Sidious succeeded in perpetrating that myth quite well by the end, ...more
Tony Romine
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is the third STAR WARS: CLONE WARS omnibus and it collects the final uncollected issues of the REPUBLIC series (issues 69-77, 81-83) as well as the OBSESSION miniseries and two Free Comic Book Day comics.

The 5-part OBSESSION miniseries focuses on Obi-Wan and Anakin's hunt for the Dark Jedi Asajj Ventress, despite Anakin insisting he'd killed her during their last encounter. It's a great story that does a good job of sort of wrapping up the storylines of some of the side villains we've met o
Aidan
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
the really big problem i had with this is that, based on lore and George Lucas's vision, it went a completely another direction. like jedi are cool with romance now and everyone knowing about Anakin's affair, doesn't really fit the narrative. And the ending with Quinlan Vos, while I liked it, the whole ending really didn't feel right and out of place for the story as a whole.
paula
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ending to the clone

I loved the transition from the clone wars to order 66 it was also well pasted. It made me care about the characters and find out so much rich history.
Adam
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
This volume really finishes up with a bang. We learn what happens to some of the so called "Dark Jedi" that have been running around the universe and see some of the repercussions of what happens in Episode III. One thing to be aware of is that you should watch Episode III before you read this volume. The two that come before it took place entirely between Episode II and III but since this one bleeds into Revenge of the Sith, there are some spoilers.
Giorgio Lazzarotti
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Scrivo qui le mie riflessioni riguardo all'intera saga a fumetti delle Guerre dei Cloni.
Da appassionato di Star Wars e dell'era della caduta della Repubblica non ho potuto far altro che adorare questa serie. Mi sono appassionato a personaggi nuovi (view spoiler), ho conosciuto meglio quelli di sempre.
Le sceneggiature delle varie storie sono OK, alcune davvero belle e meritevoli di una letta; i disegni di ottima fattura.
Sam Poole
Quinlan Vos is back! He was the highlight. Mostly I just plowed through this for the express purpose of finishing so I can start Dark Times. Little anakin and basically just more of the same. Vos was obviously the best part though. Love him
Andrew
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
Great collection of the clone wars comic series. Although it presents continuity issues with the animated series, i dont care. These stories provide a depth to the clone wars that was lacking in the movies.
krad
Jun 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
I am biased as heck but good lord am i burnt out on jedi-centric stories by the time of finishing these three volumes. Vaguely mediocre if you're a fan of jedi (Tholme and Aayla did have some good moments), but absolutely forgettable otherwise.
Jim
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, 2014-adult
I actually preferred this collection to the previous two. I'm not a huge clone wars era fan. I think the part I enjoyed most was seeing Order 66 get played out a bit more than it was in the movie. I enjoyed seeing what happened to a few of the other jedi beyond those in the film.
Brian Anderson
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this whole series. The omnibus brings the focus back from Obi-wan and Anakin to Jedi knight Quinlan Vos and his struggle to right by the Jedi and the galaxy as a whole.
Ruben
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Tales of the Jedi, Volume 2
  • Star Wars: Rebellion, Vol. 1: My Brother, My Enemy
  • Star Wars: Empire, Volume 2: Darklighter
  • Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison
John Ostrander is an American writer of comic books. He is best known for his work on Suicide Squad, Grimjack and Star Wars: Legacy, series he helped create.

Originally an actor in a Chicago theatre company, Ostrander moved into writing comics in 1983. His first published works were stories about the character "Sargon, Mistress of War", who appeared the First Comics series Warp!, based on a series

Star Wars Omnibus: Clone Wars (3 books)
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Clone Wars, Volume 1: The Republic Goes to War