Start by marking “A Girl Named Grace” as Want to Read:
A Girl Named Grace

A Girl Named Grace

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
When Grace’s perfectly constructed life is shattered by unthinkable tragedy, she is forced to revisit her past and the secret world she had convinced herself was a fairy tale—a world where angels appear on rooftops and the Jewish man named Jesus meets with her and leads her on a path to healing and intimacy with her Creator.
Published October 2012 by Safehouse Media

To ask other readers questions about A Girl Named Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Girl Named Grace

Shari
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have told all of you before about my awesome friend Lisa from Learning Titus 2, and how awesome she is. Well, she is always talking to me about her awesome sister in law, and how talented said sister in law is, and all the great things she is always doing.

When Lisa mentioned that her sister in law had written a book and wanted to do a book tour I thought I would help out by checking it out. And I can honestly say Janna is a very talented writer.

Her first ever novel is called "a girl named Grac
Lisa Marie
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Author Janna Lafrance's first published novel A Girl Named Grace introduces us to a broken and shattered woman, struggling to find herself in the world she lives in.

From the back of the book:
"When Grace's perfectly constructed life is shattered by unthinkable tragedy, she is forced to revisit her past and the secret world she had convinced herself was a fairy tale - a world where angels appear on rooftops and the Jewish man named Jesus meets with her and leads her on a path to healing and intim
Brent Soderstrum
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-read
I won this book through GoodReads first read program.

What an uplifting book which demonstrates God's deep love for each one of us. Life is very very hard at times. In this book Grace is going through a rough patch. After a morning arguement with Jonny, her husband, she gets a call that he has been involved in a bad car accident. Doctors are unable to save him. She later learns that Jonny had been having an affair prior to his death. Grace's world is turned upside down.

Grace is blessed to have a
Tammy Mitchell
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Janna took an unthinkable tragedy that no one would ever imagine and showed the path life had already planned for Grace. No change in her story would have changed the path that Grace was already marked to be on. The dark corner Grace was facing seemed like a hole she never would have been able to climb out of, although Faith had a different take on every corner she had come too. I believe the events the curves and corners life takes you, is your story that is already written. I felt like I could ...more
Joy
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookshelved
Grace reached the lowest of lows. She was kicked while she was down and found herself utterly hopeless--but it was in that place that she found Him.

A Girl Named Grace is a beautiful love story, but not in the conventional sense. It's about a broken girl coming to life again as she comes to know the uncompromising and unsurpassing love of the One who saved her.

Grace is a real and relatable character that comes to life on the page. When the "God-man" comes into her life he is portrayed in such a
Julie Williams
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book will bring Jesus from a character in a really great story to reality. This story inspired me in so many ways and opened up a whole new realm of relationship with a man named Jesus.

I have not read a book like this before and feel that I never will again, unless Janna Lafrance writes another. I believe that her eyes have been opened and a love has been revealed to her that is greater than anything we could imagine and through her writing she has brought this love within our grasp.

a Raff
Vera Malitskaya
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"A girl named Grace" is a great book. This is one of very few books that I would truly recommend you read.
The main character of this book is a girl who's name is Grace (very obvious:) ). She is going through drama in her life and finding God in the middle of the storm of her emotions. This book bring's you deep deep down in the middle of her pain and lift's you up to the new understanding of the word LOVE, to the peace in your soul and realization of how deeply you are loved.
Through reading this
Leah
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
I have a little disclaimer before I write this review: I am not a published author. I love to write and as a child wrote "books" all the time. I fully intended to be a published author as an adult. There are two reasons I haven't written a published book: (1) Time- mothering, homemaking, and homeschooling keep me too busy. Maybe at another season of life I won't feel like I'm flying by the skin of my teeth, and I will feel like I have time. (2) I would be terrified to put my heart and soul on pa ...more
Lainie
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this book from Goodreads giveaways. This is a Christian fiction book. A story about a women that loses her husband in a tragic accident. She soon discoveries that he had some hidden secrets. She has trouble dealing with everything that has happened and she loses her faith in God. But soon all that changes. Great story.
Jennifer Mcbain
Apr 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Can't say this was an enjoyable read- glad I finished it but felt it could do with a better editor. Maybe harsh but it wandered in places unnecessarily - still was an original and otherwise optimistic book..
RachaelRoxy
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is captivating, emotionally inviting and thought provoking. Such a great story of how Gods love is always dependable through difficult stages in our lives.
L Miller
Apr 23, 2013
Laura O'neill
Apr 08, 2013
Janna Lafrance
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jon Mills
Nikki
Nov 08, 2017
Nicole
Jun 27, 2015
Free Books, .99, ...: A Girl Named Grace: EBook Giveaway WW 06/14 1 12 May 31, 2013 06:05AM
  • Dodger (Dodger, #1)
  • Bo's Café
  • Two Soldiers (Grens & Sundkvist #6)
  • Raven's Ladder (The Auralia Thread, #3)
  • Weirder Than Marshmallows
  • Acid Reflux : Solutions And Natural Remedies A Comprehensive Guide on Acid Reflux Diet And Cures With Simple Recipes
  • Mennonite Girls Can Cook: Celebrations
  • Canton Elegy: A Father's Letter of Sacrifice, Survival, and Enduring Love
  • Rock Harbor Search and Rescue (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #1)
  • At Any Cost
  • Journey of Promise
  • Love Is the Easy Bit
  • Lectures on Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics
  • A Personal Message From God
  • The Old Brown Suitcase: A Teenager's Story of War and Peace
  • Love, Sex, and Happily Ever After: Preparing for a Marriage That Goes the Distance
  • Imagine There's a Heaven
  • Clean Break
I am an author and musician from a beautiful lakeside town in Ontario, Canada. When I'm not writing books, my husband and I write music together and run a custom design company. He spends a lot of time hosting a variety of shows on the magic box (aka "television") so that leaves me to handle pretty much everything behind the scenes. I spent ten years homeschooling our four daughters, which was an ...more
“Then her spirit started to stir again. The fire in her belly. The invisible wings on her back twitching, as though her inside could sense a strong wind.” 0 likes