Start by marking “Eleanor & Park” as Want to Read:

Grca badge winner
Two misfits.
One extraordinary love.

Eleanor
... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.

Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on
Published February 26th 2013 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Eleanor & Park, please sign up.
Kai Its totally "nothing ever ends" from the Watchmen. Bear with me here, why would Rainbow Rowell even mention the comic or that line from the comic…moreIts totally "nothing ever ends" from the Watchmen. Bear with me here, why would Rainbow Rowell even mention the comic or that line from the comic unless it was significant in some way? Plus, if it were that would be some crazy foreshadowing genuineness.
Also, reading comics together was the beginning of their relationship and a big part of their life together. Its simple, beautiful and would be pretty brilliant writing. (less)
Marina The Spanish translation actually says there were two words... And "I love you" has two words in Spanish ("te quiero").

Just my two (or three xD) cents.

Steph Sinclair
Should I break out in song and dance to "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep?" One lonely star. I'm just as surprised as you are, considering I just KNEW going into Eleanor & Park that I would love it, love it, love it. What reason would I have to believe otherwise? Almost all of my friends loved this book and have sworn fealty to the Goddess of Feels and Might, Rainbow Rowell. And I get it because she is a pretty awesome person and I think she is totally lovely. So trust me when I say I REALLY wanted to ...more
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you've experienced that first love - that heart-wringing, soul-squeezing, crush-the-air-out-of-your-lungs-whenever-you're-apart first love - this book will bitch slap your feels all to hell.

I love it. I love its warmth and its vibrancy, its heartache and its pain, its humor, its meanness, the ugliness, the beauty, the crying, the laughter, the sarcasm. I love Eleanor and I love Park, and I love that there's still a tiny chance for them...and for everyone whose first love was torn away. Ev
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HOLY BATMAN THAT ENDING. I'M A MESS. THAT HURT, BUT IT DIDN'T AT THE SAME TIME. WHAT IS THIS FEELING EVEN? NYEAAHHH.
Cinda
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: diverse, ya
I've often said that nobody should write for teens who doesn't remember what it was like to be one. Rainbow Rowell remembers, and has captured it beautifully in this book.
Emily May
Oct 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, romance, arc, 2012
He closed his eyes and pressed his head back into his pillow.
"I don't think I even breathe when we're not together," she whispered.

Three stars is not a wholly negative rating but I have to admit that I'm disappointed with this one. Eleanor & Park has enjoyable parts, but the only real difference I can see between this and Pushing the Limits i
Lola
I should have read Eleanor & Park during winter, when it’s freezing outside.

Because it completely warmed my heart, and it’s so hot already, I thought my heart would burst into flames inside my chest.

Believe me or not, but I always thought I was immune to the usual young adult romanticism in books. You know: hand holding, shy smiles and flushed cheeks. I didn’t think I would ever feel actual butterflies reading a YA contemporary romance book.

But I did. And it took me by such surprise that at
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I fully admit that I'm a sucky book reviewer. This book for me was so personal that this review is just for me.
Eleanor is just that girl. The weird one that people pick on. Who knows exactly why? She doesn't stand up for herself, she doesn't fight back. I was that girl. This is me my 10th grade year.
 photo 023_zps56102e5a.jpg

If this book had been around then I would have completely worn the pages out. As it is I feel like highlighting and just re-reading the thing until it falls apart.
Talking about Romeo and Juliet Ele
Duchess Nicole

READ THIS QUOTE, MY ROMANTIC HEARTED FOOLS...READ IT AND LET YOUR HEART GO PITTER PAT...
`*~`*~`*~`*~`*~`*~`*~`*~`*~`*~`*~`*~`*~`*~`*~`*~
““I don't like you, Park," she said, sounding for a second like she actually meant it. "I..." - her voice nearly disappeared - "think I live for you."
He closed his eyes and pressed his head back into his pillow.
"I don't think I even breathe when we're not together," she whispered. "Which means, when I see you on Monday morning, it's been like sixty hours since
Nick
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
description

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

____________________________________________
“Eleanor was right. She never looked nice.She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.”

____________________________________________

5 PERFECT STARS!

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

I never read contemporary books. I have read like 4 maybe till now and didn't really like them. Anyway I decided t
Nat
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reread, diverse-reads
“She never felt like she belonged anywhere, except for when she was lying on her bed, pretending to be somewhere else.”

I randomly decided to read Eleanor and Park again because I have no chill.
Also, I recently picked up Fangirl (for the tenth time), so that definitely had a weighing hand in whether I should reread more of Rainbow Rowell's stories. But I don't have any regrets for rereading this wondrous book.

description
This review contains *spoilers*.

Eleanor is the new girl in town, and with her chaotic f
Miranda Reads
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I want everyone to meet you. You're my favorite person of all time.
Replace "person" with "book" and you know how I feel. This book just swept me off my feet

We have Eleanor, "Big Red," the new girl in town. Her home life is in shambles - she's the oldest of her siblings and she's developed enough that her stepfather has started noticing. (Yes, you read that right).

We have Park, half-Asian in a town full of whites, who's the coolest kid in his school. His life is not going to plan - his younger
Kat O'Keeffe
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING BOOK! Heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time! I wasn't expecting to care so much about these characters and their relationship but I was completely caught up in this story. It's told in 3rd-person past tense, which I sometimes have trouble connecting with, but not so in this case! I feel like I really know both Eleanor and Park, and I love them both separately but I especially love them together. It seemed like their relationship shouldn't work, but it does, so well. I was g ...more
karen
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: why-yes-i-ya
years after everyone else, i have finally read this book. and now i'm all caught up on the zeitgeist! phew. and damn, now i understand why rainbow rowell is so beloved. i mean, i read Fangirl and thought it was excellent, but this one, while it is not as good as Fangirl, does a couple of things so freaking well that it gave me all the swoons and the swirls.

rainbow rowell has this ability to tap into the teenage experience that is a little spooky. and while john green gets all the credit for bei
Maria
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.8/5 Stars ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Wait a fucking minute. There are no more pages? It just ended... like that? Rainbow Rowell, why do me like this? Do you not love your readers? Why would you leave it hanging there? I NEED CLOSURE. OR MAYBE A SECOND BOOK. Or a movie. Who the fuck knows? I know I'm dying right now.

Set over the course of one school year in 1986, this i
Ariel
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have so many thoughts and ideas and things I want to discuss, and I can't possible put them all here, but here are some of my main thinkings:

1) PARENTS: Parent's are such an integral part of teenage life - they are the reason you can do things, the reason you can't do things, the reason you have money, etc. This book had parents that were just as important, interesting, and developed as the main characters and I so appreciated that. I especially enjoyed Park's parents: they were so complex and
Feb 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
This review originally appeared on Clear Eyes, Full Shelves.

*Reviewer's Note (added 2/5/2016)*
Please be aware that I have turned off all notifications for this review and do not check or respond to comments. It's not that I don't like y'all; it's just that I'd rather spend my time talking about books that I actually, ya know, like.

I have thought about Eleanor & Park everyday since I read it two months ago.

That’s not a compliment.

In some respects, my attitude is perhaps not terribly fair beca
Tiffany
Mar 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
I know I said I wasn't going to do a review, because I feel that my status updates are pretty telling enough, but...

First, I just don't see Park's parents as a good example of a couple that "made it" against all odds, as John Green implies. There is NOTHING in this book about how or why they fell in love. As an Asian woman, I look at it through a more disbelieving lens. It sounds like a white man "saving" an Asian woman from her "poor," "lower-rung," "terrible" life. She is basically forced to a
Maggie
❝He made her feel like more than the sum of her parts.❞

RE-READ: February 24, 2018
I know many people dislike this book and prefer Rowell's other books instead, but this book holds a special place in my heart. I haven't read every book by Rainbow Rowell, but I plan on doing so soon. Eleanor & Park was actually the first English book I ever read. I remember going to Wal-Mart one day to the book section. Growing up, I loved reading and would always read Spanish books from the library, so I wan
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
UPDATE 2017: Look at my new special edition of the book! I love it so much! The inside pages on front and back are awesome. I love the new cover too ♥

They met on the bus.

Eleanor was the new girl, the girl with the vibrant red hair, the one everyone made fun of, but if they only knew what she had to go through at home.

Park is the quiet boy that just wants to be left a lone to do his own thing. He's the only one that would let Eleanor sit down. Park shared
✨    jamieson   ✨
for people who saw my original review, I want to say I still 100% stand by everything I said. the reason I'm deleting it is because, as a white reviewer, I didn't want to talk over East Asians who have reviewed this book and talked about why it was racist. So I will briefly list my issues with it, and then link to #ownvoices reviews instead. They say what I did and much more but are written by Asian reviewers who's experience and knowledge is better then mine

THE ISSUES I HAD

• sterotyping of Park
Christy
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Christy by: Jennifer Kyle
5 stars!

photo 20824a81-2911-4d85-b4f2-28c544caf86c_zps7rxmlkxt.jpg
“You’re my favorite person of all time.”

Eleanor & Park… this has been sitting on my kindle for a year. HOW has this been just sitting on my kindle for a year??? First off, I’m going to say if you have this book, don’t let it just sit on your kindle. Read it, listen to it, whatever. Just make sure you don’t overlook this one. It’s a book that deserves to be read. These are some of the most special characters and Rainbow Rowell writes some of the best YA ever. So read the book.

photo 27142517-5e3f-4c00-ba79-533cc321a23d_zps8rkgq7fr.jpg

E
Shreya (☆High Lady of The Night Court☆)
‘You’re not the Han Solo in this relationship, you know.’
‘I’m totally the Han Solo,’ she whispered.
‘You can be Han Solo,’ he said, ‘And I’ll be Boba Fett. I’ll cross the sky for you.’

This book is one of the best things I have ever read, and I don’t care who you are, if you have feelings, you need to give this book a shot. Eleanor and Park is most definitely on my favorites list and I don’t think I will ever get over this amazing book or the flood of emotions sweeping me away right now.

The st
Candace
Wow! There was so much about this book that I really loved. 'Eleanor & Park' was touching and beautiful in it's simplicity. This book captured the essence of first love and the perils of high school, while also tackling some serious issues, like abuse.

I listened to the Audible version and I have to give kudos to the narrator(s). The narration was extremely well done. The voices of the characters really drew you in and made you feel like you were right there in the moment with the characters.
caren

This book was everything I've been searching for since Anna and the French Kiss. It gave me that melty, clenchy feeling in my chest, the warm fuzzies in my stomach. I was basically a mess throughout the entire thing. These two characters had my emotions going up and down like someone was beating on them with one of those sledgehammers at a carnival, trying to get them to climb to the top of that lit up pole again and again. And every time I thought they couldn't go any higher, Park would do or s
Ryan
1.5/5 stars

DNF at page 195

Apologies in advance to anyone who liked this book. This is simply my opinion.

Looks like it's time for another unnecessarily long gif-filled rant review, folks.

My friends, after this book:

Me, after this book:

description

Never have I ever been happier to check a book out from the library.

Did I even read the same book as everyone else? I was expecting a swoon-worthy misfit love story. Did I get that? Nope. I got whiny characters and angst. A lot of angst.

Seriously, a more app
Diane
May 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: young-adult
I need to state right away that YA is not one of my favorite genres: I hated the Twilight books, I'm not a fan of paranormal romance and I've been avoiding the flood of YA dystopian novels. I want this to be clear because if you like YA, than my negative reaction maybe won't apply to you. You may love this book, as many others already have.

I wanted to read this novel because it received several glowing reviews and it was being compared to John Green's The Fault in Our Stars, which I really liked
Kristen
Oh, man. This book made me feel ALL THE EMOTIONS! I ugly-cried at least five times while reading it. And, I can't lie, I didn't actually want to read it at all. It was one of those books I kept hearing buzz about, and words like "gritty" and "romance" and "abuse" and it just didn't sound like my kind of book at all. I also was a little annoyed that it was set in the 80's--what teen today is really interested in reading books about the 80's? But somehow it all came together for me. I loved Eleano ...more
Tatiana
Jan 27, 2014 marked it as abandoned
Shelves: 2014, printz, ya, romancelandia
I must be the only person in the world who finds this endlessly boring...
Brandi
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
description

I absolutely adored this book! I don't really know what else to say. It was such a wonderful experience. Eleanor and Park have become a part of me, I was completely wrapped up in their story. Their voices are so real and honest. I love them. Plain and Simple. My only compliant is that I wanted more.

“I don’t like you, Park. Sometimes I think I live for you”

Highly recommend this one!!
Eleanor and Park Book Review Inban Rajamani 1 3 Dec 05, 2018 07:33PM
Eleanor and Park Book Review Inban Rajamani 1 1 Dec 05, 2018 07:29PM
eleanor & park: what are the last three words? 4 36 Dec 01, 2018 06:43AM
Reading Challange...: December Book Pick 1 3 Nov 18, 2018 11:32PM
Eleanor&Park or Fangirl, any idea? [Rainbow Rowell] 40 285 Nov 06, 2018 11:43PM
  • Maggot Moon
  • Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass
  • Living with Jackie Chan (Jumping Off Swings, #2)
  • The Lucy Variations
  • The Tragedy Paper
  • A Corner of White (The Colors of Madeleine, #1)
  • Five, Six, Seven, Nate! (Better Nate Than Ever #2)
  • Boxers (Boxers & Saints, #1)
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet #1)
  • Scowler
  • In Darkness
  • Reality Boy
  • The Scar Boys (The Scar Boys, #1)
  • Saving Francesca
  • Midwinterblood
  • Orbiting Jupiter
  • The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B
  • Wise Young Fool
Rainbow Rowell writes books. Sometimes she writes about adults (ATTACHMENTS and LANDLINE). Sometimes she writes about teenagers (ELEANOR & PARK and FANGIRL). But she always writes about people who talk a lot. And people who feel like they're screwing up. And people who fall in love.

When she's not writing, Rainbow is reading comic books, planning Disney World trips and arguing about things that
“Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.” 8204 likes
“Holding Eleanor's hand was like holding a butterfly. Or a heartbeat. Like holding something complete, and completely alive.” 2741 likes