Start by marking “The Mirror Bible” as Want to Read:
The Mirror Bible

The Mirror Bible

The incarnation is the most accurate and articulate translation.

Any sincere student of classical music would sensitively seek to capture and interpret the piece so as not to distract from the original sound of the composition.

To form an accurate conclusion in the study of our origin would involve a peering over the Creator's shoulder as it were, in order to gaze throug
Published July 2nd 2012 by Mirror Word Publishing (first published May 30th 2012)

Start your review of The Mirror Bible
Chuck McKnight
I’m a total geek for English translations of the Bible. And if I’m honest, my favorite versions are almost always those translated by a single woman or man. They carry so much personality in them. I love seeing the theological viewpoints that come through, and discovering how the translator perceives a given passage. Few things make me more excited than discovering a new translation I didn’t know existed.

So I was quite excited indeed, while reading C. Baxter Kruger’s Patmos, to find a reference
Ayo
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Unusual, excellent paraphrase of New Testament Scriptures, especially in Colossians. Great read. Page formatting needs balance, but otherwise well worth the purchase.
Christine
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC Expression of the Gospel - it stirs the heart and soul to be in agreement with God and the good news of the completeness of our salvation, our oneness, our true selves mirroring HIM.
Mic
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great translation for study. I can't wait for a completed New Testament
Jon
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This Bible mostly consist of books from the New Testament that have been translated from the original Greek. Du Toit plans to have a more complete Mirror Bible, including books from the Old Testament, at a future date. This book helped me understand that The Bible is written for three distinct sets of people -- the Jews, the Gentiles, and those who have already chosen to be God's spiritual children through their acceptance of Jesus' death and resurrection as a ransom for their sins. I was amazed ...more
Sarah Tiu
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun translation of the Bible from a true scholar who understands the finished work of the cross and the nature of grace as a non-transactional, free gift that every human being is living in whether they realize it or not. I'm looking forward to Francois translating the rest of the New Testament!
Paul
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent paraphrase of key NT sections that capture the amazing ness of Grace and an image of Father through the lens of Jesus vs an image of Father through OT law/legal point of view - a Father who invites all into His family room view rather than a court room.
Tresca Grannum
Jul 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
No Bible like it ever! After reading it in it’s entirety it WAS NOT really a Bible at all just a paraphrase of Francois’s experiences. Some parts are beautiful, however, his theology of ALL ARE SAVED IS HERETICAL. We all MUST CHOOSE CHRIST TO BE SAVED!
Lin Vasquez
Oct 16, 2015
Rhoda Hochstetler
Jul 21, 2018
Jenny Reich
rated it did not like it
Dec 08, 2018

• Lies We Believe About God
  • A More Christlike God: A More Beautiful Gospel
  • Money and the Prosperous Soul: Tipping the Scales of Favor and Blessing
  • The Book of Isaiah: The Vision
  • The Passion Translation New Testament: With Psalms, Proverbs and Song of Songs
  • The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NIV
  • Time to Defeat the Devil: Strategies to Win the Spiritual War
  • The Wisdom in the Hebrew Alphabet: the Sacred Letters as a Guide to Jewish
  • The Money Code: Become a Millionaire With the Ancient Jewish Code
  • Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence
  • Mercies in Disguise: A Story of Hope, a Family's Genetic Destiny, and the Science That Rescued Them
  • Raise Your Voice: Why We Stay Silent and How to Speak Up

News & Interviews

“Beyond the tablet of stone, the papyrus scroll or parchment roll, human life has become the articulate voice of God. Jesus is the crescendo of God’s conversation with humankind; he gives context and content to the authentic thought. Everything that God had in mind for man is voiced in him. Jesus is God’s language.” 9 likes
“The destiny of the logos was not the printed page. A mirror can only reflect the object; likewise, the purpose of the page was only to reflect the message which is “Christ in you.” 6 likes