Start by marking “Finding Gaia” as Want to Read:
Finding Gaia

Finding Gaia

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Wealthy, handsome Jason Truitt appears to have it all: he runs an international conglomerate of environmental businesses and research facilities, he lives in a luxurious mansion…and he can’t die. But his uncanny health and failure to age keep him distanced from normal human life. For over a century he’s been searching for the one other person on earth he suspects is afflic ...more
Published July 9th 2012 by Kimberly Chapman

To ask other readers questions about Finding Gaia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Gaia

Kristin
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
4 1/2 stars....I received a free copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review. I've learned throughout the months that receiving books from authros for reviews can be either hit or miss. They can be either really good, or really bad. Most fall in the middle range. But this book was amazing. If you're looking for massive romance, you won't find it here. Its more fantasy with a romance sprinkled here and there in it.

The storyline was unique. The overall book is really well-wr
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jon
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I would not classify this book as romance, but rather fantasy with romantic elements. It's based around the idea of a couple getting together, sure, but it's also based around the idea of a few immortals who have mysterious super powers, and feel somewhat misplaced in the modern world they live in. I'd recommend reading it to almost anyone for this reason - if you like romance, then you can read it that way. If you don't read much romance, you can read it like a fantasy novel instead.

FG absolute
Cheferos
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I suppose the industry would classify this book as Romance, but I find that a bit limiting given its scope.

If throngs of shirt-challenged rogue pirates ripping the bodices off reluctant-turned-ravenous maidens is your bag, there's nothing wrong with that, but you won't find it here.

What you will find is a well-written and thoughtful mix of fantasy, romance, historical fiction, exploration of gender roles in society, intrigue, action, and erotica.

The author does well in contrasting the struggles
Karen
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review originally appeared on my blog: Self-Rescuing Princess Society

+ + +

About a year ago, one of the truly awesome women I follow on G+ posted a link to her ebook, Finding Gaia, and on a whim I bought it. I downloaded it to my Kindle, and then pretty much relegated it to my virtually teetering ebook stack, which rivals the teetering stack of actual books on my bedside table, only easier to ignore. But even though it wasn't blocking my ability to see the surface of my nightstand, it was al
Vicky
I don't normally read indie books. I don't have anything against indie authors - in fact I have read several fantastic indie books - but you never can be sure that you're going to end up with a good book. When Finding Gaia first got my attention, I thought it had an interesting premise (and the promise of a good romance without a strong alpha male), but I was in no real rush to read it.

Then Kimberly Chapman released The Power of a Blush, a free extended scene and the first two chapters of Findin
Judy
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jason Truitt, as he’s known at this time, has lived a really long life considering he was born in 1620. Unknown factors have made him immortal. He heals from injuries and has other unique abilities. Immortality may sound great and all but not when you are alone. Getting to know people just to outlive them all. With all his billions there is one thing Jason desires….his Gaia. A woman he saw at a gathering in 1899 and knew she was like him, he has been searching for her ever since.

Anna Vale has ke
Kyla
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
The German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche, was quoted as saying, "One has to pay dearly for immortality; one has to die several times while one is still alive."

This is true for wealthy business owner and philanthropist, Jason Truitt. Jason has walked this earth for many years and in that time lived many lives. While Jason has built a good life for himself, it's true what they say about it being lonely at the top. Jason has been following the path of another he believes to be like himself, some
Emi Lia
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Finding Gaia is a cool paranormal romance about a man Jason Truitt who searches for a woman Anna Yale, who is immortal just like him. After a century of searching he finally finds her and under horrible circumstances. Though it seems that trouble never ceases to find them, they find their way together and get their happy ending! This is a stand alone novel but I hope there is a second novel in the future!
Emi
Bitten By Paranormal Romance
Madison E.
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
SHORT REVIEW:
I would definitely consider this a love story, but with some unique elements. There is some very strong sci-fi/fantasy elements of the story. The main characters are not "average" humans. Both Anna and Jason have superhuman healing abilities, appear not to age, and each have a special ability of their own. As the novel progresses, these superhuman abilities lead them into some adventures. Overall, I enjoyed the writing style, character development, and pace of the book. I would def
T Mulder
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I'm generally iffy about romances. A few are good, most are not, usually because of poor writing and/or Mary Sue-ing. But I enjoy Kimberly Chapman's writing style and the way she thinks, so picked up the ebook. Started reading it that night before bed, and could not put it down. Before I knew it, it was morning, and I'd finished the book and wanted more.

Finding Gaia is a proper story with character development and some excitement. When a character acts in a tiresome way, I automati
Clarissa Emiria
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-bought
Anna IS our Mother Earth, Gaia.... And Jason found her... Broken at first, but she grows, ooh, how she grows, into an independent, but resourceful young woman, who will stand up for herself, and fight for her right to be free, live and love as she will...

I feel like there is more coming, and I want to know, Heavens, I want to know..... Everything....

I bought this book back in September of last year, and have only just now finished it, on May 18, 2013... I am going to give it to my friend, for he
Charlie Kravetz
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great book by Kimberly Chapman. This fantasy unfolds in real time, while giving the reader a great review of what was! It is written in todays time frame, yet the reader is left with no doubt that much of the story is in the distant past.

Jason Truitt has raised a girl, Trisha, that now is married and lives with him in his mansion. Trisha, of course, knows how to push Jason's buttons, and does so with ease and regularity. Since Jason is very wealthy and has some unique traits of his own, he is
Laura Young
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
SO first I do have to say Finding Gaia moved at a slow pace as everything was introduced. Until the end it felt very dragged out. BUT WAIT! There is the but to this. It was easy to follow along and see all the little details. Which is normally a good thing in a book.

I had trouble finding any feeling for Anna. She starts as a tortured soul which is normally a good thing, but I had trouble finding feelings for her with the first sentence. Understanding the new modern world should have been easier
Adriel Wiggins
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I know I love a book when I get to the end and I have questions. Not questions about plot points that weren't addressed. Not questions about how the author could have thought that plot manipulation would have worked. Not questions about whether or not the author knows their writing is horrid. But questions about the characters that end with, "I can't wait for the next book so that I can find out!"

That's exactly what Finding Gaia was for me. A total vacation from my mundane life. An opportunity t
Lindsey
Jul 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Overall, I'd give this book a 3.5 out of 5.
What I liked about it:
Good story movement throughout. Well-developed characters for the most part. Some good twists and turns. I thought it was a good summer read kind of a book, where I could turn my mind off and just read. I read it quickly, because it was hard to put down.
There is 2 strong female leads. One took a while to get there, and one doesn't always act her age, but I appreciated that.

What I struggled with:
I don't read a lot of romance, and I
Mel (booksandsundry)
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

I enjoyed this story but there were a lot of elements that really had me frustrated.

Overall I thought the character development was beautiful and multifaceted. I truly enjoyed reading a story in which a female character discovered her personal strength and learnt to hold her ground. I also enjoyed have a male character that was actually embarrassed by his alpha instincts. The secondary characters were a lot of fun and I loved them more than the main couple.

I struggled to deal with t
Claudy Conn
Aug 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely thought provoking book that is beautifully written.
Fell in love with Trish as she is my kinda gal and a heroine in her own right, but Anna, the true heroine creeps up quietly and steals your heart, as does the patient amazing hero.
My only very small crit. is that it moved just a bit too slowly for me, but that is a matter of taste and I have always liked things to race along which is my own quirk.
A must read.
Matt
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
I really liked it. When I first heard about it my first thought was "Hrm sounds like it fits the same kind of genre as 'The Time Travelers Wife' " and my curiosity was piqued.
So I bought the book and was quickly engrossed by the text, and while it does have slight pacing issues I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I'm planning to recommend this to my friends.
Steph Wanamaker
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
wonderful highly original and hard to put down can't wait for a sequel from author Kimberly Chapman
Jyoti Dahiya
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Kimberly Chapman first mentioned her book Finding Gaia on Google+ as a romance, sci fi, fantasy, paranormal, I just nodded and moved on. However, when she mentioned it was feminist romance, I stopped and wondered how that would differ from the standard romance novel (which I don’t normally read).

So finally, having cunningly waited till there was a sale of books, I went out Finding Gaia.

And yes, there is a difference between the standard ‘romance’ novel and a feminist one, and I can understa
Nicola
Mar 30, 2013 rated it liked it
This book is a good, old-fashioned bodice ripper at heart - a tale of long lost love between beautiful immortals overcoming their dark and painful pasts. It's set in the modern world with a smattering of Victorian sensibility which is fairly easily overcome by lust. I am not personally a period drama fan, so I don't enjoy dipping my toes in the waters of what it was like to live in past eras, but there was plenty of modern action (and tech toys) to keep things interesting and grounded in the now ...more
Kelly
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
I hate to admit it but I just could not finish this book. It goes on forever with no real purpose making it excruciatingly long. Also the main characters are so polite it makes it really boring. The second half of the book may be wonderful but I'll never find out.
Mandi Schreiner
I'm DNF'ing this one around 30%. The first couple chapters were pretty interesting with a nice, different, dark concept for a book.

But now that Anna has been rescued, nothing is happening. It's just not holding my attention. I have lost interest.
Wendy
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Excellent character and relationship development, but it is possible to have too much of a good thing. I appreciate that Anna and Jason have all the time in the world, but I didn't feel it was necessary to have to know about every day's worth of it. 2.5/5
Michael
CL
Sep 20, 2017
  • Danger in Cat World
  • In Hero Years... I'm Dead
  • Matchbox Girls (Senyaza Series, #1)
  • ZE, Volume 5
  • Court of Dreams
  • The Poppet and the Lune (The Poppet and the Lune, #1-4)
  • Firebrand
  • In the Dark (Children of Night, #1)
  • Seeded
  • Vs. Reality (Vs. Reality, #1)
  • Pilgrim of the Sky
  • Teller (Volume 1)
  • Mushishi, Vol. 5
  • Absence of Light (Charlie Fox, #11)
  • The Fallen Queen (The House of Arkhangel'sk, #1)
  • The Mumbo Jumbo Circus (Mumbo Jumbo Circus, #1)
  • My Enchanted Life
  • Annihilation: Conquest, Book One
NEW RELEASE: Finding Gaia http://findinggaia.com

I'm very, very odd.

Here are a few other labels that fit me: nerd, geek, crafter, knitter, cake decorator (award-winning, even!), terrible housekeeper, Canadian, Austinite, community volunteer, atheist, science-driven, happily married, and mom. My weird food experiments are at http://eat-the-evidence.com .

TV/Movie folks/things I like: Hugh Jackman, An