Start by marking “Theory of Attraction” as Want to Read:
Theory of Attraction

Theory of Attraction

Ethan Roberts is a TA and the resident gay Don Juan of St. Phillips University. Getting tired of one-night stands, he decides to pursue a serious relationship. However, the only guy he really wants is Aaron Marcus, a shy and nerdy Sociology TA.

His upbringing and his past relationship have made Aaron Marcus insecure and paranoid. He thinks Ethan is just another guy who want
ebook, 1st Edition, 117 pages
Published August 11th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Theory of Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Theory of Attraction

Bookwatcher
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: readers searching a romance
Cute quick romance! I hope there is the possibility of more!

So, dear reader of this review, allow me tell you (without spoilers! I swear!) why I liked so much this romance, and the reason it's a 4 stars.

Let me start talking about the cuteness of the main characters,
Aaron and Ethan

errrr... nope, they are human.. but well, that was the cutest imagine I found, so it's just to illustrate how CUTE both are to the reader!

Ok, I will start talking about... Aaron Marcus the shy PhD student!
[image erro
Ami
Aaah ... opposites attract :).

Ethan Roberts is the resident gay Don Juan -- he's charming, he's smart, he has the looks that can make other people weeks in the knees, women and gay men alike. Aaron Marcus, on the other hand, is introverted, shy, socially inept, but very kind hearted (he's very much involved as a volunteer in a LGBTQ Youth Center).

Personally, I'm still not sure what attracts Ethan to Aaron in the beginning. I know that it is said that Ethan is tired with the usual one-
Deeze
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: quick-easy-reads
This one never really got off the ground for me. I loved the idea, but sadly I felt no real connection to either Aaron or Ethan.

The basis was there, with Aaron’s insecurities and the boys he helped, but I never felt like we got the real story. Instead we get glimpses of things and then they are brushed aside as if they are unimportant.

Great potential, but never made it work for me.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Aaron is a TA and so is Ethan, and they are both gay, other than that they don't have much in common.
Ethan is self confidant, good looking, outgoing. Aaron is neurotic, socially inept and full of insecurities. Ethan (for some reason, I'm not quite sure of) has taken an interest in Aaron and tries to woo him and court him, very unsuccessfully.
Aaron is a good guy, but he doesn't trust jocks, good looking guys and seems to think Ethan must have ulterior motives for wanting to date him.
After Eth
Kinny
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: awwwww, feel-good, mm, so-cute
It would have been better with an epilogue! Although this is definitely NOT a Happy For Now (HFN) so that alone makes me cheer. Ethan, is that gorgeous guy we all know where everything comes easy. He is well off, intelligent, popular, great personality and can charm anyone. Aaron is a geek on a tight budget and low self esteem. He fears Ethan may be toying with him but the courtship was just too adorable.
L-D
Aug 27, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a good novella length story. While I liked Ethan, I had a lot of trouble warming up to Aaron. Aaron was just a little too cold and antisocial for my taste. Ethan spends the whole story putting himself out there and getting shot down. I was getting bummed out for him and frankly, the description of Aaron (both physically and personality-wise) wasn't really enough for me to see what all the fuss was about.
Chris
Aug 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, gay, arc, ebook, romance, done
2.75 stars. Sweet m/m romance about a hunky teaching assistant who becomes fascinated with one of the other more geeky teaching assistants. Alas, the object of his interest rebuffs him and flees at every opportunity. Unfortunately, the choppy style (not enough sentence opening variety) started to wear on me after a while, but that's something that may improve with more writing experience.
V
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a really lovely story.
If you don't expect fireworks, you will love it.
Serena Yates
Jul 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
I have to admit that Ethan and Aaron took a while to get to know, and a little bit of effort to understand, but it was well worth it. In many ways my understanding of them grew as they got to know each other better and that was a rather interesting experience. I liked both of them from the start, and the "challenge" for a Don Juan-like character like Ethan to convince a nerd like Aaron to go out with him was not inconsiderable.

Ethan seems like a pretty clear-cut character. He likes 'the chase'
Lasha
Aug 15, 2012 rated it really liked it

What an utterly delight debut novel from Cleon Lee. Theory of Attraction was a great read from beginning to end. Sick and tired of angst, shifters and drama, then this slice of life story is right up your alley! The author had me hooked when the two men started talking qualitative and quantitative research methods as a method of subtle foreplay!

Ethan and Aaron are graduate students and both are TA's in their respective departments working on their PhD's. They meet at a job interview an
Yuu Sasih
3,5 stars.

Cute story. An adorkable Sociology student met The Uni's Don Juan? Very cute, indeed.

This story maybe a bit too short for my liking, but I really like the pacing, it's not too rushed despite the pages. But really, this story deserves more pages (and more conflicts) because both Ethan and Aaron have their potential! And the ending! It's so cute but I want moooooooooaaaaaarrr!!

Wonder if the author's gonna make a sequel? But anyway, well done, Kak Cleon! especially with that tiny sneak pe
Meggie
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I really didn't enjoy this light romance. Ethan is friendly even charming and warm character. You can only adore him, but Aaron..., he was cold, unfriendly or even shy and socially inept. He could at least act friendly while talking with Ethan, but no, he had to act like an ass. Even if you don't like someone, you can at least act polite. Anyway this wasn't story for me.
Rachel Emily
This is an adorable debut novella, I really loved the characters and the slow build in the story. I thought it was very well written and just very enjoyable. I will definitely be on the lookout for more from this author!
Amy
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them
3.5 stars. I am going to expect a sequel for this book, cause it really ended too quickly.
Ashley
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
A cute and quick romantic read.
Kerstin
Aug 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Sammy Goode
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it

Opposites most assuredly attract. In the case of Aaron, a nerdy, wounded, poster boy for low self-esteem and Ethan, a hot, sexy and fairly confident Teaching Assistant, not only do they attract but they can, in rare circumstances seek to heal the other.

Theory of Attraction explores the premise that there does indeed come a time in a man's life where one night stands and shallow relationships grow stale. Ethan is bored in many ways and when he stumbles upon Aaron while interviewing for
Didi
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance, m-m
A cute story of the young academicians of St. Phillips University. Opposites attract, likable characters, awkward pursuits, slow burn and all that jazz, this tale hit me at just the right moment when I need it! :)
jules0623
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, relationship-m-m
Debby
Feb 05, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf-book
belom ada mood aja ngebaca nya... DNF yah..... mungkin suatu saat akan ku baca lagi.... entah kapan.
Emese
Sep 02, 2012
Leaundra
Jul 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Although a cynic at heart, Cleon Lee is passionate that the stories she reads and writes have happy endings because she believes the world needs more optimism.

Her physical self is located in country in South East Asia, but her family and friends think she lives in a castle in the sky.
“Aaron snorted "That's so cheesy."
"Well yeah. I am cheesy. I'm the king of cheese. You should know that by now.
Aaron's eyes were dancing with amusement. "I prefer to call you classically romantic.”
1 likes