Start by marking “The CEO and the Cowboy” as Want to Read:
The CEO and the Cowboy

The CEO and the Cowboy

The whole thing about relationships and feelings confuses the heck out of Calhoun. He’s a simple cowboy and he’d been planning to marry a long-time friend for a while. When he finally realizes it doesn’t feel right, he lets her go. He probably shouldn’t have gone to her wedding to another man, but she wanted him there. But that’s when he really gets confused. His eye is dr ...more
ebook
Published July 9th 2012 by Decadent Publishing Company (first published July 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The CEO and the Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The CEO and the Cowboy

Gigi
May 29, 2013 rated it liked it
This was just OK, the short story of a cowboy who has never felt quite right in his own skin who finally figures out he is actually gay after meeting Mr. Right at his ex-fiancee's wedding. A bit far-fetched, but whatever. Suspend dis-belief and go with it and you will enjoy it for what it is, I'm sure.
Emily
Aug 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: won

This was an okay short read. It skipped around a lot and didn't go into detail or into the lives of the main characters. And there weren't any cowboy sex scenes even though one of the main characters is a cowboy. The only way you can tell he's a cowboy is cause he wears a hat, drives a pickup, and evidently owns a ranch you never see. This story needed to be a bit linger and needed more to happen in between the main events. It felt like I was only getting the main points of their relat
Mazmum
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Hmmm - this book missed the mark I'm afraid. There needed to be a lot more build up to their relationship. One minute they've met, the next second they're together and I appear to be missing the story that got them there. He has an oddly stilted way of referring to his lover as the man, rather than by his name which made the story stilted and didn't keep you in it.

I never bought into their relationship at all, it just wasn't developed enough. Sorry.
Anke
Jul 13, 2012 marked it as dnf
Avril
Jul 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Kept waiting for this to be...more. In every sense. It wasn't.
Lucy
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5. There wasn't a whole lot of connection between the two, and Calhoun throwing names about "Thst kind of man", being unnatural, I dnt know. Just didn't work for me.
Alina
May 29, 2013 added it
I liked it well enough at first, but later on it turned to bdsm and spanking and it just threw me off, coz I don't like this sort of thing.
ManOhMan
Oct 31, 2012 rated it liked it

Reviewed by Stacey Jo: Calhoun Cordell goes to the wedding of his ex-fiancé at her request. Despite their relationship not working out, they remained friends. It seemed she sensed there was something missing for him, so they parted ways but she wanted very much for him to find what it was he was looking for. Despite his discomfort at being at the wedding, he hangs out, but notices another handsome man in a suit who also seems to be noticing him.

Daniel Pa
 Rosebud
Jul 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Supporting his ex-fiance Katherine at her wedding is the least Calhoun Cordell could do after their five year engagement ended by him breaking it off. Many of the people in attendance keep giving him the evil eye and avoid being in his company but that's okay with him. He's there at Katherine's request, not to show-up the groom or make trouble. Just as he's ready to escape, Daniel Patterson, CEO executive and good friend of the groom, introduces himself and convinces him to leave and hang out so ...more
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I Dig Good Books. I was gifted and audio copy of this book.

Calhoun probably shouldn't have gone to his ex-fiancée's wedding, but she wanted him there. He meets Daniel, the groom's friend. Daniel is still reeling from his last relationship. But something about the cowboy calls to him.

Its only short, 40 pages according to Amazon, and one hour 25 minutes listening time, hence its filed on the hangover cure, and short story shelf.

I usually split the story f
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
This review is hard to write because I do not feel the story was bad it was just short with no real build up for the characters.The first chapter started off really strong with a storyline and then it fell a little short with the descriptions for me. I need more meat and potatoes to my stories and this one just finished and let me feeling lost to what should happen next.

This was also an audio book to review and the narrator always portrayed Calhoun as an angry and very unhappy person. I do unde
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
The first story in this series is a very quick listen, it basically tells the story of how Daniel and Calhoun meet. Daniel is a successful business man who has recently come out of a relationship that didn't end well. He is at a friend's wedding when he spots Calhoun across the room. Calhoun is a horse breeder and a very sexy looking cowboy at that. He too has recently come out of a long term relationship and is not looking to find anyone else anytime soon. However, there is a strong attraction ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
KcLu's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

3.5 Stars

Calhoun Cordell is at his ex-fiancé’s wedding, and he is having a little bit of an issue. He is attracted to a good friend of the groom.. A MAN!! He has caught himself checking out topless workers on his ranch, but never has a man turned him on instantly like this one.

Daniel Patterson can’t figure the sexy cowboy out, but he does want to get his hands on him. When he sees him getting ready to leave, he makes his move inviting him out for a drink.
Love Africa Book Club
In The CEO and The Cowboy we meet Calhoun as the unwanted guest at his ex-fiancee's wedding when he meets Daniel and find out he's attracted to a man for the first time in his life. He's stuck between wanting to run back to his ranch and allowing his body to lead him. Daniel is still reeling from the last relationship he had with another man but when he meets Calhoun he can't help being attracted to the cowboy. He is definitely a persuasive man and they end up in bed together. These two together ...more
Becky Condit
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars

It’s a good story, even if it moves a little faster than the characters can carry it. One thing about short stories is obviously they are, well… short. You can’t wish for them to be longer but you can wish that the author had done a little more character development in the space allotted. I plan to read more by Starla Kaye and hope that since THE CEO AND THE COWBOY ended with an HFN there will be at least one more story about Daniel and Cal to let us know how they are getting on.

Pleas
Jaime
I am going to rate this book/story a 2.5
I was gifted the audiobook and I listened to the entire thing..barely. I am sorry this book just didn't excite me or keep my attention. It was to fast, time jumps, crazy plot.. personally I would recommend NOT spending money on this audiobook Maybe it would be better as a written story, but the narrator along with the story ruined it for me.
Rating it 2.5 because I can "see" the story there..it's just not finished in my opinion.
AJ
Jul 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a good short read. At times I was unsure of whose point of view we were in. Maybe that was just me. Things at times did move sort of fast and, just for me, seemed a little unbelievable where Calhoun was concerned. But overall I enjoyed the book. It had its moments and held my attention. I would definitely read more from this author.

Plus I love that it took place in Kansas City!!!
Logan
Aug 13, 2012 rated it liked it
it wasn't a bad read...the cover looks better than anything though!
Tristan
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: western
3/5

I like the story however it was rush. I feel like the book could have been amazing if the author has give it more time.
Sabi
Oct 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I liket it but too short and the end was to suddendly.
Auraya
Feb 27, 2016 rated it liked it
It reads like someone cut out some sex scenes from a potentially good book. Way too short.
D
Jul 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cowboy, virgin
Short and fast read. Liked it, wish it were longer to get more of a feel for the MC's. Want more.
CB
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A short, sweet and sexy story. I hope this author writes more m/m - I will read it!
Tailtiu
Mar 30, 2013
Cindy Duncan
Jul 20, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Starla often tends to see things and life through the rose-colored eyes of a romantic. She grew up in a loving family, something for which she will always be grateful. Today she is surrounded by a loving family and many wonderful friends who support her in all of her craziness.

Starla is working toward being a full-time writer of romance, everything from sweet to erotic to naughty, and is multi-pu