Start by marking “Il nostro segreto” as Want to Read:
Il nostro segreto

Il nostro segreto

Una splendida serata, una festa fra amici: si ride, si scherza, tutti sono un po' brilli.
All'improvviso Gretchen, la bellissima pianista, sale sul cornicione, avanza, barcolla e... Dillon la spinge nel vuoto!
Marissa ne è certa: Dillon Archer ha ucciso la sua migliore, fragile amica.
Ma al processo, nessuno la pensa come lei: anzi, qualcuno le dà della visionaria.
Dillon
Paperback, Le foglie, 416 pages
Published 2011 by Marcos y Marcos (first published October 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Il nostro segreto, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il nostro segreto

Start your review of Il nostro segreto
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
A really nice mystery book, kept me on my toes till the end.
Roxann
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the cover: Marissa Gray’s world was shattered when her best friend, Gretchen, was brutally murdered. Back then, Marissa tried to convince authorities that Dillon Archer was the killer. But her eyewitness statement wasn’t enough—and Dillon disappeared. Now a successful journalist, Marissa is back to help her family during a time of need. After years away from Aurora Falls, she finally feels the past is safe behind her. Until a terrifying hooded figure causes Marissa’s car to swerve off a ...more
Lisa
Nov 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marissa Gray’s world was shattered when her best friend, Gretchen, was brutally murdered. Back then, Marissa tried to convince authorities that Dillon Archer was the killer. But her eyewitness statement wasn’t enough—and Dillon disappeared. Now a successful journalist, Marissa is back to help her family during a time of need. After years away from Aurora Falls, she finally feels the past is safe behind her. Until a terrifying hooded figure causes Marissa’s car to swerve off a snow-slick road, ...more
Maggie61
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Katie
Oct 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I have read some of this authors books before and have enjoyed them. I wouldn't put them quite on the level of Mary higgins clark but close. She writes a good fast paced mystery. I had no idea of the killer until I was at the end and while I did enjoy the book I found the motive for the murders to be a little far fetched and not very logical. Nonetheless I did like it and will read many more of hers.". (copied from a random persons review)

I love to support West Virginian authors.
Katy
Apr 22, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marissa witnessed the death of her closest friend years ago, yet the police decided to use another person's "eyewitness" account instead. Now though, people who were close to the victim are dying. Has the killer returned? Thompson, a WV Writer, is good, but I did figure out "whodunit" just not why.
Alex Arth
Feb 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A murder occurs on an island and many years later the people present come together again. As they become reaquainted, murders begin to occur. Everyone believes the person responsible for the murder years ago has returned. In the last two chapters the plot takes a totally unexpected twist. This was a very enjoyable book and a quick read.
Jackie
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the book, very good mystery, I had thought I had figured it out (knew it wasn't Dillon) had someone else in mind, what a surprise at the end. I started reading this book around the middle of February on my lunch break, but had to take it home tonight (weekend) knew I would be itching to finish it to see if I was right. So glad I did,
Feb 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I checked this out of the library & I really enjoyed the book. This is the first book I've read by this author & I'll definitely be reading some more of her books. It was a good mystery that I couldn't put down. I was surprised at the ending & was completely engrossed. My husband was making fun of my gasps as I read the book. Definitely recommend this book.
Shania
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just have to say this was such a good book!! First I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it but I'm so happy I did. It kept me intrigued and kept me coming back for more. And I must comment that I was in love with Eric and Marissa.
Sheryl
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a mystery/thriller in awhile so maybe they're not my genre anymore. This seemed to me overkill in the body department, the buildup and drama. Lots of characters and it was easy for me to put this book down for several days.
Julie
Jan 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not one of the better Thompson books. The heroine/hero were very strange. They were written very young/immature in terms of language/actions. The story carried along, but it felt like without any real interactions from the people within it. I start with an older book - maybe from the late 90s.
Marianne Stehr
Mar 17, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too many characters, too long a set up and a story that just couldn't be followed is the impression I got. I could not make it past 75 pages, maybe it gets better, but I wasn't "into it" and didn't feel like putting in the time.
Maureen
Good book,easy to read. If you like Mary Higgins Clark as I do you will like Carlene Thompson.
Kay
Jul 14, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Probably too many distractions but I didn't have as much problem putting this book down as I usually do with her books.
Joy
Jan 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Carlene Thompson's books - she writes very much like Mary Higgins Clark...another favorite author of mine.
Kelly
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sure didn't see that coming. Good read. Shocking ending.
Helen Thompson
This was a good "who done it"! It will keep you guessing as the body count increases.
Britney
For the most part it was good. It could of done with a little less back story and more mystery. I will probzbly read her again.
Sheila
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

New author to me - excellent mystery. I didn't see the ending coming.
Afsana
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Barbara B.
I have liked a couple of her books, but there just wasn't substance for me in this one. Predictable and i found myself skimming to get thru it.
Jocelynn
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderfully written mystery that kept me reading and guessing until the end. I couldn't put it down.
Melissa
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another entertaining thriller
Kim
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
Like a good murder mystery should be. Kept me wanting more and prioritising the book over other things I should be doing!
Mindy
Jun 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the book.....the end wasn't as good as I hoped for. I didn't care for the way the epilogue was written....
Lori
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
read when it first came out
Scoozer
Apr 21, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-rtn-swap
I figured out the killer about halfway through the book, so there was little tension for me. It was just okay.
Evan
Jun 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good writing, I love this book.won't put it down.
Leslie Whaley
Apr 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Update to review: I've finally finished this book! I was right, I didn't like this book. The conversations didn't get any better throughout the whole book (even at the end!!). I'll say about 90% of the book's conversations felt fake (again, I say "fake" because I can't think of a better word to use). The characters were even annoying. Considering this is one of her newer books, I'm not even going to try reading any other books by her because they'll probably have the same feeling of falseness as ...more

• Consuming Passions: A Food-Obsessed Life
  • Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta, #2)
  • The Call of the Wild/White Fang/To Build a Fire
  • The World's Great Small Arms
  • The Shadow of Your Smile
  • These Heroic, Happy Dead: Stories
  • The Beatles: The Days of Their Life
  • The Blind Watchmaker: Why the Evidence of Evolution Reveals a Universe Without Design
  • Afterglow
  • I've Got You Under My Skin (Under Suspicion, #1)
  • The Last of the Mohicans (The Leatherstocking Tales #2)
  • The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types
Carlene Thompson is an author of suspense thriller novels.

Her first book, Black for Remembrance, was published in 1990 by Little, Brown and was well received. Her books are suspense novels, often with romantic elements and many take place in Thompson's home state of West Virginia. Her books often feature animals, which she bases on animals she knows in real life.