Start by marking “The Divergent Series 2-Book Collection (Divergent, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
The Divergent Series 2-Book Collection (Divergent, #1-2)

The Divergent Series 2-Book Collection

(Divergent #1-2)

Contains the complete text of Veronica Roth's #1 New York Times bestsellers, Divergent and Insurgent, as well as fifty pages of bonus content including author interviews and Q&A, discussion questions, a faction quiz, faction manifestos, a playlist, and more.
Published August 7th 2012 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Divergent Series 2-Book Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Divergent Series 2-Book Collection

Start your review of The Divergent Series 2-Book Collection (Divergent, #1-2)
Clare Heitkamp
Strong young female protagonist my ass! Every time her life is in danger, her boyfriend appears out of nowhere to save her. This is a fantasy that we MUST move past. MUST. Young women must have heroes who save themselves and each other, PLEASE.
Connie
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I actually preferred this series over The Hunger Games....can't wait for the third installment.
Ishara
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Imagine if you were in a world, where you had to choose your future at the age of sixteen. That’s what Beatrice Prior has to do in the post apocalyptic future. In Chicago, there are five different Factions, Dauntless, Abnegation, Erudite, Candor, and Amity. During her simulation test, which is a test that tells someone which faction they belong in, Beatrice’s results are inconclusive. They state that she belongs in three factions, instead of just one. This makes her a Divergent. During the ...more
Jen Roberts
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with these books, they are clever and dynamic. I enjoyed the plot which kept me on edge, I loved the tension between Tris and Four and I had the satisfaction of gloating about having the ending as one of my own scenarios. I also loved that Tris wasn't another weak, lets-lie-down-half-comatose-because-my-boyfriend-has-left-me type of girl, but she was independent, brave and even though she knew Tobias wouldn't be happy with her decisions she continued to do it because she was her own ...more
Emily Messer
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really, really liked these two books. They were different from the other books I've read. I liked all the characters and how they grew over the story. I connected with them even though I didn't think I would. The universe Veronica Roth created was great. The atmosphere and detail was perfect. The action, adventure and romance lead to two thrilling books. They were filled with suspense and surprises. Kept me reading until 2 in the morning!
Abby
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you enjoyed the Hunger Games you will love this. Thought provoking and interesting social commentary.
Sara J. (kefuwa)
Entertaining as far as YA dystopian fiction is concerned. Borrowed from the local library's Overdrive collection. Lel.
Stephanie Simmerman
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Interesting dystopian series with lots of fast paced action throughout. The story is a bit juvenile, especially the quick bits of love story thrown in, but the intended audience was the teen/young adult group. Overall, the concept of this world, is intriguing. Five factions (Amity, Candor, Erudite, Dauntless, and Abnegation), each tasked with upholding a certain virtue of humanity, make up the known world. Each person within the faction decides to stay with the faction they were born to or join ...more
Joe Orozco
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it
The plot was a little more meandering than I would have liked. I'm not sure the book lived up to its title based on the course of events, and the romantic relationship got too close to Twilight for my taste. When we finally got to the big disclosure, the impact was anticlimactic. As the middle book in a series, it's not that I expected a 100% return on my lingering questions, but I needed something a lot more substantive for the time I took to consume the book. This is the problem with a series, ...more
Miriam Berrios
I really like these books and the idea of living in a dystopian city, though i will be factionless I mean is too hard.
I like the moral each faction have, and how they divided to avoid war, Im very intrigued about whats outside the fence and the main reason to do all of it. I truly believe each faction is right about what produce a war; lies, selfish, ignorance, cowardice etc. I still dont trust in most of the leaders, they have always something to hide.

These books have made me think of a lot of
Katrina
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am actually becoming hooked to the series. The second book, the Insurgent, gives me a lot more excitement as deep, dark secrets were revealed. Though most of my friends despise Tris' recklessness in the book, I actually felt otherwise. She was indeed a character which has developed and I can see her Divergence better.

This book actually tells about the future world - a world divided into factions. Each faction believes in a certain trait which could prevent the war. An aptitude test is taken
Haydee
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For those like me who enjoyed the Hunger Games, this was a really great variation of the "distopian-the-world-is-almost-dead-but-a-young-teenage-girl-will-save-all" genre. Roth is a well paced writer and I am happy that I read the first two in one sitting. The concept was ingenious, and the plot twists were both well timed and surprising. The main character had serious flaws, which made her both frustrating and very identifiable.
Kate
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed reading this! I was totally immersed within this whole world for a couple of days - had to buy the second before I had even finished reading the first! I loved it so much that I (embarrassingly) brought it on my kindle as well as having the book copy...
Thought the story was brilliant, and the writing better than many - personally rate this higher than the Hunger Games!
Renee
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
I really enjoyed these books. As a few friends told me I think they were better than Hunger Games. I can't wait for the next one to come out. There are parts of the story that make you think, but you still want to know what happens next. Of course both books ended wanted you to immediately know what next. Now I have to wait.
Siobhan
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
The world is awash with these young adult dystopian trilogies and in many ways we have come to know what to expect.

The Divergent series, in my opinion, is one of the better trilogies in the category. It isn’t the best but it is better than some of the books it is sitting beside.

As a whole, if you’re a fan of dystopian worlds then the Divergent books will probably tickle your fancy.
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-boyfriends
Great young adult series!! Divergent is one of my favorite books that I have ever read, the love story is great, the characters are complex and there a lot of twists in the story. You will not be bored reading this series!
Jenny Jo Weir
Great start to one of the best series ever. Really great concept and out of the box thinking. I loved the world she created and how easy it was to believe everything about it. Veronica is incredibly talented and there is a reason these books have been so successful.
18icalvo
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could not get my eyes off the book!
Amber Barkdoll harrison
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing

loved it! Not as "Hunger Games"ish as I had expected...really not any similarities other than the govt type problems and the age range of the characters. Loved both!!!
Evey Morgan
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
RELECTURA
Anastasia
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Insurgent 3rd time reading

“We're all right, you know,' he says quietly. 'You and me. Okay?' My chest aches, and I nod. 'Nothing else is all right.' His whisper tickles my cheek. 'But we are.”

“Tobias,” I say. But whatever I was about to say gets lost in my head, and I press my mouth to his, because I know that kissing him will distract me from everything.

He kisses me back. His hand starts on my cheek, and then brushes over my side, fitting to the bend in my waist, curving over my hip,
Linnja (Lynn)
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
divergent first read 11/2011
Tea.N.Crumpets
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Andrea Van Der Meer
ZK
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good series. I read books 1 through 3. In my opinion, the first one is the best.
Glasgowgal
Some exciting parts, but overall, a lot of crying and making bad decisions.
Savannah Graff
I loved this book mix.
Sydney Cameron
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
These books were incredible. That's honestly the best way to describe it, and even more, you don't realize how incredible they are until after you read them.

These books dissect the complexity of people and humanity, and the inner savagery everybody has buried inside themselves. You go through Tris's journey of seeing all different types of people and philosophies and her brutal discovery of what humans are capable of, both the good and the bad. These books really opened my eyes, because although
JemimaAM
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD**
These books were so interesting! They made me feel very close to the characters as the readers went through the tragedies of a terrifying infringed future. The two books stretched out into the trilogy that exhibit each character's growth. In the first book, Tris (the main character) has to find her own path. After realising that her test results could get her killed, she chooses a shaky path towards the courageous faction: Dauntless. These books give the readers so many
Suspense Magazine
Divergent & Insurgent (book 1 & 2 of the Divergent Trilogy
By Veronica Roth
In Veronica Roth’s dystopian trilogy novels, “Divergent” and “Insurgent,” factions are a life commitment and there isn’t a chatty sorting hat in sight as seen in Harry Potter’s Hogwarts.

Roth, by the age of 23, had bestsellers on her hands with “Divergent” and “Insurgent.” In 2012, she added a movie deal for her trilogy and is one of a new breed of authors—like “The Hunger Games,” Suzanne Collins—capturing the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Young Adult Book ...: Divergent Series 68 460 Mar 10, 2015 02:12PM
Who's your favourite character? 3 9 Mar 27, 2014 09:57PM
divergent/insurgent 2 5 Aug 15, 2013 05:07PM
The Filipino Group: Who has read Divergent and Insurgent? 17 143 Jul 05, 2013 02:24PM
Fan club!!!: Divergent series! 14 6 May 06, 2013 02:00PM
The Filipino Group: Divergent book set giveaway! :) 8 216 May 06, 2013 08:53AM
divergent and series 1 3 Oct 12, 2012 03:16PM

• City of Bones / City of Ashes / City of Glass / City of Fallen Angels / City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #1-5)
  • Harry Potter Boxed Set, Books 1-5 (Harry Potter, #1-5)
  • The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #1-3)
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Sheet Music for Flute with C.D
  • The Twilight Saga Complete Collection  (Twilight, #1-4, 3.5)
  • The Beautiful Creatures Complete Collection (Caster Chronicles, #1-4)
  • The Harry Potter Collection 1-4 (Harry Potter, #1-4)
  • Vampire Academy Collection (Vampire Academy, #1-3)
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1-3)
  • Uglies, The Collector's Set (Uglies, #1-4)
  • The Complete Hush, Hush Saga: Hush, Hush; Crescendo; Silence; Finale
  • Marked / Betrayed / Chosen / Untamed / Hunted (House of Night #1-5)
  • Marked / Betrayed / Chosen / Untamed (House of Night, #1-4)
  • The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Shiver Trilogy Boxset (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1-3)
  • The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset (The Hunger Games, #1-3)
  • Vampire Academy Box Set (Vampire Academy, #1-4)
  • Harry Potter Collection (Harry Potter, #1-6)
Veronica Roth is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Carve the Mark and the Divergent Series (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four: A Divergent Collection). Her short stories and essays have appeared in Summer Days and Summer Nights, Shards and Ashes, and the upcoming Three Sides of a Heart. The Divergent Series was developed into three major motion pictures.

Veronica grew up outside

Divergent (3 books)
  • Divergent (Divergent, #1)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)