Start by marking “Taffeta and Hotspur” as Want to Read:
Taffeta and Hotspur

Taffeta and Hotspur

Lord Thurston Tarrant, known as Hotspur on the London social scene, thinks Lady Taffeta Grantham is too young and idealistic. Experience has taught him that love is found only in fairy tales and that very few women can be trusted—especially young and attractive ones.

As for Taffy, she finds the rakehell cynical and arrogant—definitely not the hero, the man of principles and
Published July 6th 2012 by Claudy Conn (first published June 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Taffeta and Hotspur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taffeta and Hotspur

Start your review of Taffeta and Hotspur
Judy
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Taffeta and Hotspur by Claudy Conn
Lady Taffeta "Taffy" doesn't want to go to London for the marriage mart. She enjoys her freedom of riding astride and behaving as she wishes with her fun loving brother Seth, the Duke of Grantham, and her young uncle, Nigel. She doesn't want to be paraded like horseflesh to be bought and she wants a man who will love her. Definitely not a rakehell like Thurstan Tarrant “Hotspur”.

Thurstan Tarrant had been young once and believed in love. He was burned by that
Julie
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I grew up surrounded by these ridiculous regency romances. My mother read them constantly, and I just found a huge bag in the garage. I know exactly what's going to happen every step of the way and I still giggle and squeal and clap my hands. I'm the perfect target audience for this stuff!
Betty
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Our heroine is Lady Taffeta Grantham who is an adorable minx who goes her own way and doesn't give a hoot about being a proper Lady! She lives with her brother Seth, The Duke of Grantham who is waiting to turn 21 and they are very close to their Uncle Nigel who isn't much older than them and has grown up with them. They share everything including political ideas which get them into trouble. They are aiding the "Luddites"-people who work in the mills in terrible conditions and horrible pay. They ...more
Nicole Garcia
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, Romantic, Hot Regency!!!!
This is the second regency romance I have read by Claudy Conn, and I have to say I am totally hooked. I really wasn't one for reading this genre, but I can now say this fabulous author has changed my mind. She gives new meaning to romance. I love her strong willed female leads and how they bring so much life to the story. Claudy's descriptive details make you feel like you are actually there in the story. Her eloquent style of writing and vivid pictures she
Amy
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
too short i would have loved for it to go into more detail.
Joy
Apr 10, 2013 rated it liked it
169 pages according to my kindle.

****Spoilery***

Highly sought after cynical rakehell Lord Thurston Tarrant has deftly managed to evade the jaws of matrimonial bliss and matrimonial bliss is the farthest thing from his mind when he claps eyes on the outspoken stunningly beautiful Lady Taffeta Grantham.

During the suspense part of the plot when Taffy, her brother and her guardian foolishly hold up Tarrant’s coach he’s onto them quick smart and extracts a whispered debt promise from Taffy. Taffy
Dawn Sullivan
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Claudy Conn's regency tales are always refreshing reads. You can always expect your needs fulfilled.

This one was very enjoyable. I love regency-historical romances with a paranormal twist to them.

Claudy always manages to capture the time period so well you get transported back in time. The clothes, events, details and manners always amaze me. I find it all very exciting. Its one of my all time favorite genres and that is why I enjoy Claudy's books with a passion.

This storyline was so
Cyndi
Feb 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
I keep throwing this phrase around, but this might be the worst book I've ever read. Between the truly horrendous dialogue and the blatant historical inaccuracies, I found myself wanting to tear out my eyeballs. The only reason I finished it was a perverse desire to see how the completely asinine plot ended. This book should not only be free, Ms. Conn should pay people to read it because her poor audience needs to get something from the awful experience. I only wish I had a paper copy so I could ...more
Melanie Tikalsky
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved Taffeta and Hotspur. This was an amazing book and one that I could not put done once I started reading it. The story flowed so well. Well written and loveable characters. This book was fast paced and kept you wondering what was going to happen next. I will be checking out more from this author. She just may be my new favorite.
Simone
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Want to explore a story written cleverly in Old English?
And fall in love with all the characters and their charms?
Mmm, yes, then pick up this gem.
It's not an easy read, but it's truly delightful xx
Stephanie Lambeth
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very good read. Loved the plot and action. Loved Taffy and Thurstan (Hotspur). Their personalities were so much fun. I highly recommend this book.
Deedee
Fun read. Well written, amazingly good characters, and a good mystery. What more do you want?!

Happy Reading!! :D
Manashi
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star-books
I really tried, but I couldn't even finish the book. (I got about 3/4s of the way into the book). It was just too much for me. The heroine of the book was supposed to be portrayed as an independent and capable women, but to me she came off as a whiny, spoiled brat. I didn't like her at all. The hero was another problem for me. He just wasn't swoon worthy at all. He was just okay. If you're a fan of regency romance then I would pick another book to read, not this one. And if you have never read a ...more
Teshai
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
So is she not going to tell the man she has visions? What happened to the three rogues? Who were they? What became of the stance she was fighting for with her brother and uncle. So bag the man and forget all that, just go to Italy and screw it..lol.

These are quick easy reads but they lack completion to me.
Mary Stockwell
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Good but average

This was a very pleasant and entertaining romance. Although it is somewhat average. It is still a nice way to spend a short time reading.
Tiffany
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lady Taffeta is one of the members of Rogue’s Three with the other two being her old brother and her not much older uncle. They are playing at a bit of Robin Hood and end up holding up the wrong carriage. Their aim is the tyrannical mill owners, but end up holding up the infamous rakehell Hotspur who is the nephew of one of their neighbors. Lady Taffy must strike a deal with Hotspur (aka Lord Thurston Tarrant) to keep his silence about the Rogue’s Three.

Lady Taffy ends up in the capable hands
Silverana
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-kindle
4.5 Good historical romance. Hotspur, the male lead, did not appear to be as cynical and rakish as some HR authors make their male leads and the type it seemed like he would be from the blurb. He actually smiled and laughed frequently. The reason that I think this is a 4.5 not 5, is that although Hotspur’s character is well written, it made it seem like the author couldn’t decide on exactly what type of traits to give him. More of the laughter or the cynicism? I loved when he realized his ...more
S.R. Roddy
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is my first story by this author. It was a sweet story. At 150 pgs I hesitate to call it short, it’s more of a mid–range read. I do admit to having difficulty with the lower class, old English dialect. I found myself reading those sections more than once to figure out what was being said. The way the author just kind of threw the dialect in there from time to time made it feel disjointed. Not necessarily anything wrong with the scene itself, just the new dialect distracted the flow.

I liked
A.R. Von
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great historical romance with a very light touch of paranormal, well a seer or psychic is more like it, but it added to the story making it an even more engrossing read. I like historical romance, but do not love it. Claudy wrote us a short, exciting and fun read that held on to my interest until the very end, which says a lot for me. I believe even readers that are not fans of the genre will have a great time reading Taffeta & Hotspur.

Taffy is a free spirited intelligent young woman that’
Veronica-Lynn Pit Bull
I received Taffeta & Hotspur free for kindle and thought "why not". I'm typically not overly enamored of traditional regency style romances; and that is the reason for the middle of the road rating. If I really enjoyed this genre then I would probably have rated it a little higher as it seemed to be fairly well written.

I liked that the story was straight forward and that we were not tortured with any angsty "big misunderstandings". I did not understand the appeal of Tarrant and thought his
Tonileg
Feb 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Historical English romance about a jaded lord that finds his innocent fresh lady in this romance story. Lord Thurston Tarrant, known as Hotspur is our jaded hero that no longer believes in love for his class of superficial society. Lady Taffeta Grantham is high born with lots of connections, so of course the fact that she is also very beautiful guarantees her choice of husband in the marriage market in London, but even before she arrives she has already met the best match of the season, the Lord ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This book is set in the regency period, England, and centres around the Lady Taffeta, her brother and her uncle. They are all roughly of age (the boys 21 ish) and Taffy is just about to hit 18 and make her debut in London for her first season.

She is introduced to Hotspur during a visit to a friend nearby her home in Grantham and is attracted but thinks he's a bit of a boor. At 28 and cynical, Hotspur keeps telling himself that Taffeta is not for him.

Claudy Conn writes some fantastic heroines and
T.M. Payne
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Book: Taffeta and Hotspur
Author: Claudy Conn
Publication Date: 7/6/2012
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
Claudy Conn does it again for me. She can take a Historical Romance and turn it into something Sexy and Oh So Hot .
I am not big on the Regency or Historical genre but I truly look forward to reading them when written by Claudy Conn.

Every single word is well written. The characters grab your soul as your reading and the suspense and even some comical are
Kay Bolton
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't know what it is about Claudy Conn's work, I always feel that I don't (or shouldn't) like it, but then go on to have a thoroughly enjoyable read.

I think it may be that sometimes they feel a little research light, and it's sometimes possible to find etiquette errors, or little details that just a little uncomfortable, but can be overlooked in the context of the whole work.

It was the same with the offering - which I confess I'd read before on my Mother's Kindle.

Taffeta came across as a
R.C. Matthews
May 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Boy...I really have mixed feelings about this book. After about the 30% mark I started to enjoy it more and I did end up reading it through to the end. But I'll admit I almost put it into the DNF pile at around the 20% mark. I struggled with the author's writing style and word choices in the first quarter of the book. It was downright awkward sometimes. But it got better as it went along.

I really loved the hero, Thurston Tarrant, though I wanted to scream if the word "Hotspur" was used one more
Amelia
Hmm... On the one hand, I disapprove of sex in period novels. Call me a prude, but it just seems extremely unlikely and out of place. The story was a bit cliché and I didn't quite believe the sudden leap from must-try-and-get-over-her/I'm-not-the-marrying-kind to OMG-I-<3-you-marry-me-and-have-my-babies. I mean... I know it was bound to happen, given the genre, but still. More of an explanation would've been nice. Plus the author misspelled Jane Austen several times and that is, like, ...more
Voirrey
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have a feeling that there is something of a hit formula here... in many ways this was not all that different to the previous novel I read by this author.

Girl attracts previously un-catchable male; to protect someone she flirts with a rather unpleasant male; there is a female friend or relative the same age (20ish) to the heroine who will end up with the Mr Bingley figure to the heroine's Mr Darcy. The hero will have sex with our heroine - and be shocked at a crucial point to realise she was a
Pam H
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon, hes-hot, rich, 2x, z2014, z2013
I have read this 3 times - just because it is a cute little story, doesn't take much time but is well written and delves into English society and all that it entails.

Taffetta is just coming out in London and has caught the eye of Thurston Tarrant who is also known as Hotspur for his love 'em and leave 'em attitude. Taffy is beautiful and full of fun, unlike any of the other women he has met. It doesn't take long for Hotspur to pursue her and for her to get under his skin.

Taffy along with her
Sharyn
May 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Sort of a silly book. The dialogue was full of cant, which was annoying. The heroine was too much of everything, visions, adorableness, full hardiness, and the hero fell to fast for this silly girl. Also his justification for it being OK to bed her is that she seemed to "fast" to be a virgin and hot sex followed her deflowering. I don't think so. Only interesting thing was Home Secretary Sidmouth made an appearance in the last regency I read. This was a free bookbub I read on my phone, so wasn't ...more
Kelsey
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Claudy never disappointments me with her historical romances. My favorite thing about her characters, is the women always seem to be more headstrong than the time period wants women to be. Her heroines don’t want to ride side-saddle and they sure don’t want to be paraded around to be set up into a loveless marriage. So obviously, I loved “Taffy” as well. When a romance can also make me laugh out loud and really have a good time reading it, it automatically becomes a favorite, and Taffeta and ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• To Love A Thief (Secrets & Scandals, #4)
  • The Proposition (The Proposition, #1)
  • Daddy Issues: A Single Dad Romance
  • Risking it All for the Sinful Earl: A Historical Regency Romance Book
  • Sexy in Stilettos (In Stilettos, #1)
  • The Scandalous Life of a Betrayed Heiress: A Historical Regency Romance Book
  • The Waiting Bride (The Returned Lords of Grosvenor Square, #1)
  • Devoured (Devoured, #1)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Under the Mistletoe with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1.5)
  • Come Away with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1)
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
  • Wild Passions of a Mischievous Duchess
  • Having My Baby
  • Addicted to a Rascal Duke
  • Sometimes Never (Sometimes Never, #1)
  • The Baby Trap