Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Empty House” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Empty House

Doctor Who: The Empty House

(BBC Doctor Who: New Series Audio Exclusives #19)

Thrown off course by a howling storm, the TARDIS lands in a bleak, desolate stretch of countryside. The Doctor deduces that it has arrived in Hampshire in the 192s and, sniffing the air, he smells a distinct odour of sulphur - indicating that a spaceship has crashed in the area. While Rory goes to fetch an umbrella, Amy and the Doctor brave the rain to find the stricken cr ...more
Audio CD, 1 page
Published September 6th 2012 by AudioGo

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Callie Rose Tyler
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was ok

This story was just okay. I didn't find it to be very engaging or exciting. Although it is a Rory and Amy adventure, Rory is 'absent' for most of the story.

The tone is meant to be somewhat like that of a ghost story. The plot, although it came first, felt very reminiscent of the episode Hide from season 7 (New Series).

I personally didn't much care for that episode so perhaps it make sense that I did not enjoy this audio special.

Aside from plot, the story is very rushed, and the aliens feel ve
James Barnard
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I should probably have chosen to listen to this during Halloween, since it’s a great ghost story. Spooky, atmospheric and well structured, this achieves its rather modest aims very well.

As this was designed as an audio book, I have to give credit for the presentation. Raquel Cassidy was a superb choice as narrator for this, capturing the tone and inflections of the three regulars perfectly. Her ability to drop and raise her voice, and change tone and pitch to suit the action is remarkable – yes,
Olivia
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun, quick listen. I was looking for something to hold me over until I got the audiobook for Cress, and thought I'd try out a Doctor Who audiobook. It was almost like watching one of the episodes. The writer did a really good job of portraying the characters, and the reader did a good job in their voices. The 11th Doctor is my favorite, and Amy and Rory, so this was quite enjoyable. :3
Melissa (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
Loved the story, narrator wasn't great.
Melenia
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting. Not wonderful.
John
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Kind of ok. NOt sure if I have seen it on an actual episode of the DR Who.
osoi
Я уже поняла, что легкий доступ к докторским аудиокнижкам до добра не доведет — вместо того, чтобы давать измученному тельцу отдых перед следующим рабочим днем, я валяюсь и слушаю очередную бибисишную плюшку. Это дело надо прекращать, — говорю я себе, загружая еще пять книжек в плеер.

Один из любимых суповых наборов: интрига, еще бОльшая интрига, а потом БАЦ, взгляд на вопрос с другой стороны и внезапное озарение. Незатейливо, но вкусно. К моей превеликой радости, эта история хоть и смахивает пон
April
May 09, 2016 rated it liked it
This passed the time but wasn't really a great or very interesting story. It was mostly a lot of "they've become separated, yell for the other one and figure out a minor mystery."

The Doctor, Amy, and Rory get knocked out of time into 1920s rural England. Amy and the Doctor follow alien footprints to a small house which appears to be Empty. Rory does the same. But they can't find each other. It's a bit like The Girl Who Waited episode but not nearly as compelling. There was a moment when I did ge
Nicholas Whyte
Oct 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: doctor, who, 11th, amy, rory, 1210, 2012
http://nwhyte.livejournal.com/2014708.html[return][return]basically a ghost story with a Whovian/sfnal twist; it's rare for me to feel this about a single-CD story lasting little more than an hour, but I felt it actually could have been shorter. Still, it would be suitable Halloween fare for Who fans of all ages.
Daphne
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own-audio
I enjoyed the narrator quite a bit. She had a splendid voice and kept the right tone and cadence throughout. I'd love to find a full novel she narrates.

The story itself was definitely a throw away Doctor Who.
Emily Wrayburn
this was fun enough, though not exactly mind-blowing. It did remind me how much I love 11 and the Ponds. I've been rather spoiled with the narrators I've listened to on DW audio books so far, and Raquel Cassidy was not my favourite, but she did an okay enough job.
Jenette
This was another mediocre one. Once again my dislike of Raquel Cassidy is making it extremely difficult to like anything about the audiobook she narrates. This was quite short and lacked any real involvement by Rory or aliens. Bit disappointing but it was something to listen to on my walk.
Kathryn Malm (super fangirl!)
doctor who = epic every time, never disappoints!
Rebecca
Mar 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: doctor-who
A great, amusing short story! With a little over an hour, it was funny, suspenseful, and satisfying! I had fun with it, and will definitely listen to it again.
Jim
Jul 28, 2018
Julian
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
Basically OK, nothing to write home about though. Back to real books me thinks....
Holly
Apr 22, 2017
Lulu
Jun 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Simon Guerrier is a British science fiction author and dramatist, closely associated with the fictional universe of Doctor Who and its spinoffs. Although he has written three Doctor Who novels, for the BBC Books range, his work has mostly been for Big Finish Productions' audio drama and book ranges.

Guerrier's earliest published fiction appeared in Zodiac, the first of Big Finish's Short Trips rang

BBC Doctor Who: New Series Audio Exclusives (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Doctor Who: Pest Control
  • Doctor Who: The Forever Trap
  • Doctor Who: The Nemonite Invasion
  • Doctor Who: The Rising Night (Audio Original)
  • Doctor Who: The Day of the Troll