Start by marking “Her Marine (Always a Marine, #5)” as Want to Read:
Her Marine (Always a Marine, #5)

Her Marine

(Always a Marine #5)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  201 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Shannon Fabray is a sculpture artist and her love of the pure masculine body is demonstrated in every work of aesthetic art she creates. But her passion for the body doesn't extend into her personal life after a hellish experience in college left her with nowhere to turn but her work. After several criticisms about the lack of passion in her sculptures, Shannon is determin ...more
Published July 3rd 2012 by Decadent Publishing Company, LLC (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Her Marine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Marine

Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

I think I am in love.

What woman wouldn't fall instantly in love with Lieutenant Brody Essex? He's patient, kind, intelligent, trustworthy, and drop dead sexy! When another Marine buddy asked him to step in on a blind date at the last minute, he never expected to meet a woman like Shannon.

Artist Shannon Fabray signed up for a one night stand for an unusual reason. Her sculptures, though beautiful, lack passion. She thought if she could
Sophia
In this installment, the author tackles the sensitive issue of rape and delivers an amazing believable romance inspite of the low word count. Shannon was a fragile seemingly broken woman who was caged by her fears and Brody was the perfect man who had the sensitivity and patience to guide her through them, respect her, and teach her to respect herself. I love that the author didn't try to do too much with a 1NS story. That epilogue was a perfect wrap up. so it wasn't left too loose.
April
Covert Art – Nice but nothing to write home about!

My Review - Another great story in this series! I love the heart behind these short reads. A very nice steamy scene to finish the book! This one dragged a bit for me but still very enjoyable. I do appreciate all the care the author puts into each character They are fully formed and not a typical erotica paper-doll.
Brandy
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book in the series. Tender and sweet. Loved how Brody helped Shannon over her fears.
Pet
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love my romance stories, but I'm at an age where I can't blindly read about traumatic events in a characters life and accept that they are "strong" enough not to need help and time to work through those traumas. Heather Long has done more to show the reality of that kind of damage in her short works than most authors do in twice that amount of words.
Thank goodness for that, I read this and my heart went out to Shannon, and what I loved the most about this story is that she didn't instantly he
Kendra
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
For full review including excerpt and dialogue highlight, please visit Reader's Edyn at:

Review:

Most of you know by now how much I adore the 1 Night Stand series from Decadent Publishing. And I really do. I mean how can you not enjoy a series with so many talented contributing authors and wonderful books to read? Well, Heather Long just added another great read to the 1 Night Stand repertoire. I thoroughly enjoyed this story and the unconventional slant it took in dealing with
Sabine Honig
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The 1 Night Stand series is a series that is getting better and better. I have yet to read a dud and I have read many of these short stories. They are full of life, love, the human connections that people need to make and they are all connected by the matchmaking service provided by the ever mysterious and never seen but sometimes heard Madame Evangeline.

In Her Marine by Heather Long, book 5 of the Always A Marine series in the 1 Night Stand series, it is the turn of another marine to go on a da
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sarah's Review:
This is the story that is tied with "Tell It to the Marine" as being my favorite. This story made me cry both times I have read it and it probably will each time I read it.

Brody is our Marine of this story and he is amazing! Brody is the only one of group that agreed to sign up with Capt. Luke Dexter that is still an active duty Marine. When Damon tells Brody that Matt can't follow through on the date, he steps up to fill in.

Shannon is Brody's date for the night and she is a scu
Jen
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Her Marine" was a really fab story about an artist named Shannon who loves to create sculptures focused on the male form but does not find any enjoyment in being with men, no thanks to a traumatizing and life-changing episode while in college. A year after signing up with 1 Night Stand, she's finally set up to meet a Marine on active duty named Brody, who is told that he needs to take another Marine's place on the blind date and agrees to do so even though he wasn't even open to becoming a memb ...more
Melissa
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brody comes off as sort of a jerk at the beginning. The Lone Ranger checking out all the ladies and what not. And of course not wanting to give 1NS a shot. So I knew where the story was going right from the start. Enter Shannon! She was intriguing. I loved the way these two were introduced to one another. It made me smile. As soon as Shannon started translating I knew who she was. As soon as Brody meets Shannon he does a 180 and is a complete gentleman. He actually melts your heart with his atte ...more
ツ Renée
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military
Okay, Brody was just yummy! He was confident, compassionate, perceptive, and straightforward – everything Shannon needed and could appreciate.

She was a sweetheart. I really liked her, but she had some issues. I liked that Brody was patient and understanding, and that they were able to work through them together.

A sweet read with a little bit of spice!
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hands down, this is my FAVORITE!!! Shannon's struggle with what happened to her, her coping (or lack of depending on how you view it), her battles within herself are REAL and they do exist. Brody, well, I want one of him and that is all I will say!!

Updated review HERE
Christine
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another hot read from the prolific, Heather Long :-) - she has a knack for making all her characters full-bodied. All great looking, sexy people, but with faults and weaknesses that make them even more interesting and likeable.
Nadine Bookaholic
Words: 15,570

Another great addition to the series, Shannon is an artist that had a traumatic event change her adult life, Brody is home on a 10 day leave from the Marines. This story was sweet and sexy. Brody gets props for being a true Gentleman.
Liz
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What's not to love? A Handsome patient marine and a broken woman who needs a reminder of what it is to live. I loved the characters and hope to read more from this author. Read as part of the one night stand box set.
Darcy
Jun 06, 2013 rated it liked it
This one didn't really go where I thought it would. I liked Shannon's honesty, even though she thought it would ruin things for her. Brody handled her confession and the time spent with her in the best way. I loved the ending, just wish that there would have been a picture of the work.
Marionela
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Леко и забавно четиво, за студена нощ с чаша вино.
Obsessed
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, bumped to four because I liked the emotion represented here.
Tamara
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
full review to come
Adriana Caceres
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The way they trick Brody into going on this 1nightstand is a little unconventional but how he helps Shannon is so awe inspiring.
Shannon
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-reads, own
Holy crap that was great. Indescribable really. Worth the read.
Nina Daguman
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Argh. Brody's like too many dream guys in one!
Angela Hunter
Dec 08, 2016
Barbara
Apr 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Erotic Healing (1Night Stand, #3)
  • Night Mission (1Night Stand, #19)
  • Caught Offside (1Night Stand, #75)
  • Broken (1Night Stand, #100)
  • To Feel Again (1Night Stand, #1)
  • The Virgin and the Playboy (1Night Stand, #2)
  • Panties Optional (1Night Stand, #8)
  • Wounded Hearts
  • Smoking Hot  (When SEALs Come Home, #2)
  • Melting Ice (SEALs On Fire #5)
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • Touching Ghost (SEALs On Fire #6)
  • One Night with the Bride (One Night With the Bridal Party, #1)
  • Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)
  • Magnus (Semper Fi, #1)
  • One E-mail (One Soldier, #2)
  • Wet Dream (1Night Stand, #24)
  • Dagger's Edge (SEALs On Fire #2)
USA Today bestselling author Heather Long likes long walks in the park, science fiction, superheroes, Marines, and men who aren’t douche bags. She writes snarky women tangled in romance as hot as Texas summertime. From paranormal historical westerns to contemporary military romance, Heather might switch genres, but one thing is true in all of her stories—the characters drive the books. When she’s ...more

Always a Marine (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Once Her Man, Always Her Man (Always a Marine, #1)
  • Retreat Hell! She Just Got Here (Always a Marine, #2)
  • Tell It To The Marine (Always A Marine, #3)
  • Proud to Serve Her (Always a Marine, #4)
  • No Regrets, No Surrender (Always a Marine, #6)
  • The Marine Cowboy (Always a Marine, #7)
  • The Two and the Proud (Always a Marine, #8)
  • A Marine and a Gentleman (Always a Marine, #9)
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (Always a Marine, #10)
  • Combat Barbie (Always a Marine,  #11)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99